PDA

View Full Version : Channel 10 started 49 laps late

Rollo
21st October 2007, 18:21
We've just had the start of the race some 49 laps into the event. You'd think that even at 10 past 3 in the ****ing morning that they'd have the decency to show the race live but NOOOOOOO.
The *******s have just spent half an hour with adverts for the Abswing.

Welcome to Australia. We are worse off than some Third World countries when it comes to our sub-standard coverage.

SHAME, SHAME SHAME. BOOOOOOO!!!

FIA
21st October 2007, 19:30
Stop, your putting me off living in aus.

Daniel
21st October 2007, 19:44
Australia is black hole for motorsport. If you like motorsport you won't like Australia

aryan
21st October 2007, 20:02
hmmm

They did broadcast it with a 50 min delay, but they started from the begining.

jso1985
21st October 2007, 21:22
is there any pay channel that shows all races live?

millencolin
22nd October 2007, 01:41
hmmm it wasnt like that here. they showed the motogp and straight after the race they showed the f1...

Schultz
22nd October 2007, 02:12
Exactly. I'm a bit sick of your complaining Rollo. We get that you don't support ten's job of covering Formula 1. Must you create a thread every time ten pisses you off?

Valve Bounce
22nd October 2007, 02:17
is there any pay channel that shows all races live?

Not that I know of, but sometimes you can watch the race on the internet. But I think you'd need broadband to do this. Send me a PM next year if you are still interested and we'll check if it's still on. OK??

Whyzars
22nd October 2007, 02:58
I remember when they broadcast dead air for two full hours.

That was pretty funny in hindsight but every F1 fan in Brisbane was livid.

Rollo
22nd October 2007, 03:06
Exactly. I'm a bit sick of your complaining Rollo. We get that you don't support ten's job of covering Formula 1. Must you create a thread every time ten pisses you off?

If I did that we'd need another board :D

Do you think that the coverage is good enough? In 2007 we got a grand total of 1 Grand Prix live. One! Even then it wasn't Australia, and they were the damn host broadcaster. I have written to the network on every occasion now and haven't even got so much as a single reply.

Schultz
22nd October 2007, 06:40
If I did that we'd need another board :D

Do you think that the coverage is good enough? In 2007 we got a grand total of 1 Grand Prix live. One! Even then it wasn't Australia, and they were the damn host broadcaster. I have written to the network on every occasion now and haven't even got so much as a single reply.

You are right in that the coverage is not as good as in other countries, and is certainly not as good as I would like. But are we really in a position to demand better coverage? I mean, to me, it seems like the alternative is F1 being broadcast live on pay tv. And to me, this is not desireable. So I just deal with it. And for me, being the nocturnal beast I am. Staying up late for the F1 is not that big a deal. We get most races between 10:30pm and 12 so its okay for me. having said that, I fell asleep last night during the telecast. Can't blame ten for that though.

Whyzars
22nd October 2007, 07:56
But are we really in a position to demand better coverage? I mean, to me, it seems like the alternative is F1 being broadcast live on pay tv. And to me, this is not desireable.

With all due respect, a live broadcast of F1 is desirable and I believe that most F1 fan's would utilise a live telecast in a heartbeat. F1 is a commercial venture and it is obvious that Channel 10 does not believe the F1 broadcast is a cash earner otherwise they wouldn't provide such a dismal service. They are the only F1 show in town so we put up with this treatment. If there was another option Australian F1 fan's would go there in droves.

If the F1 races were live on Pay TV then I would certainly pay to see them live and the pre-lim's as well such as practice and the like.

So I just deal with it. And for me, being the nocturnal beast I am. Staying up late for the F1 is not that big a deal. We get most races between 10:30pm and 12 so its okay for me. having said that, I fell asleep last night during the telecast. Can't blame ten for that though.

The OP was making the point that TEN messed with the times for his telecast. He chose not to stay up to watch it and instead trusted that the jockey's at TEN were able to read a clock which they so obviously have failed to do successfully.

I must disagree with you on the 'stay up late' line. The F1 service in Australia is dismal and will remain so whilst the commercial networks have us by the balls. TEN doesn't care, they know we will watch the race no matter what time its on and so they put it on after everything else so as not to interrupt their prescious schedule.

Big Brother and Australian Idol are the flagship's of the TEN network - that should tell you something surely. :)

millencolin
22nd October 2007, 08:37
solution....

GIVE F1 TO SBS!

Now they would give it live and proper coverage... Les Murray would also be a gun at pronouncing the names such as Kovalinen, Raikkonen and Fisichella

Daniel
22nd October 2007, 09:19
solution....

GIVE F1 TO SBS!

Now they would give it live and proper coverage... Les Murray would also be a gun at pronouncing the names such as Kovalinen, Raikkonen and Fisichella
Give it back to 9 :D Then you could have Darryl Beefsteak :D

millencolin
22nd October 2007, 10:32
Give it back to 9 :D Then you could have Darryl Beefsteak :D

you mean the guy who gets excited everytime an f1 car turns a corner... no thanks :p :

Daniel
22nd October 2007, 10:34
you mean the guy who gets excited everytime an f1 car turns a corner... no thanks :p :
I don't believe it! Great effort there by Millencolin with the keyboard! You can tell he doesn't like Beefsteak and he let it be known! Excellent!