PDA

View Full Version : Cadbury's gorilla advert

Captain VXR
20th October 2007, 09:10
Sorry if it's a repost but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdO2aYfQa6I is really funny :D

jim mcglinchey
20th October 2007, 09:33
Ads are getting a bit surreal at the moment. Whats that Phones 4U one about?

RaikkonenRules
20th October 2007, 11:58
The Phones 4U one is just retarded, nothing new there :p : As for the Cadbury's gorilla, I don't see what it was to do with chocolate but it's slightly amusing anyway.

slinkster
20th October 2007, 15:45
This ad is genius. It gets you hooked right from the start, and so many people have been talking about it wether they love it or hate it. Very clever. Random but clever.

Phones4U ads get on my nerves. They're downright wierd with the most repulsive characters... I dunno... it all feels a bit sinister.

stevie_gerrard
21st October 2007, 01:45
It is a very cool advert, i love it :) makes me want to buy cadburys :p :

Mark
21st October 2007, 10:27
Phones 4U adverts reflect the attitude of thier sales staff. Totally repulsive.

fandango
21st October 2007, 12:02
As a reflection on drummers it's pretty good :D

It didn't make me laugh, though, because it's out of synch and misses a few of the drum hits completely. Perhaps I need to get out more, relax, eat chocolate...

SEATFreak
21st October 2007, 12:46
Since we have included the Phones 4U ad into the "Cadbury's Gorilla" ad (or commercial as our US brethren say), I think am I the only one who perhaps sees a point.

I don't think it meant to be "ha-ha" funny like you would listening to a good traditional standup comedian like Tom O'Connor. I think it is meant to be just zany/wacky. More like The Goons than The Goodies or Python'. Where is is based on the physical or mental makeup of a character rather than mannersisms or a situation. Though we never saw character like "Neddie Seagoon" (Harry Secombe) or "Bluebottle" (Peter Sellers) I think we were made to imagine what they must be like.

Our ability to be made to laugh or be entertained doesn't just come from a joke. It can be just the absurdity of a situation.

Don't be so scared by Scary Mary. The mute woman with the eyes.

slinkster
21st October 2007, 13:14
The characters in the ads don't scare me... They don't make me laugh at all, neither the situation or the characters. The whole ad just has a nasty feel to it. *Almost* on the verge of it making light of mental illness! I can see the angle they're going for, but they've taken it a bit too far in my opinion and it seems it's putting more people off than anything!

Sleeper
21st October 2007, 19:47
Sorry if it's a repost but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdO2aYfQa6I is really funny :D
I didnt realise Phil Collins had that much hair.

fandango
22nd October 2007, 22:48
I just figured it out! It's Kimi celebrating :D