PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian GP Official Thread !

pino
19th October 2007, 06:53
Let's start with Thursday press conference :

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63395

ShiftingGears
19th October 2007, 06:55
Interlagos is a great circuit - I can't wait.

rohanweb
19th October 2007, 07:03
Anti clock wise...... i have missed the first corner.... here i go bang on to the tyre wall! oh sh*t i got confused with left & right ..lol

should be a great race.. gonna be glued to the itv.. but hate thier honda ads in between.. thier machines seems only good for grass cutting thesedays..

LH Vs FA Vs KR...
bring it on

pino
19th October 2007, 07:26
This season's Brazilian GP is expected to be the most-watched race in recent times as for only the 11th time in F1's history we have a three-way fight for the drivers' title...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12538_2804246,00.html

leopard
19th October 2007, 07:30
Would the 10 hp extra of fresh engine be useful at the track without experience?

rohanweb
19th October 2007, 08:06
Would the 10 hp extra of fresh engine be useful at the track without experience?

does this give alonso fans a bit of a problem? perhaps favorism towards LH?

Valve Bounce
19th October 2007, 10:10
I can't be watching it :(

It is on at 2 bloody am in the middle of the night. :bigcry:

Garry Walker
19th October 2007, 13:32

You can set the alarm :p

pino
19th October 2007, 14:05

Are you that old ? :eek: :p :

Dave B
19th October 2007, 14:12
If I can get up at stupid o'clock for Fuji and Shanghai, then you can get up for Brazil. Wus! :p

Ralf's job-hunting in first practice... ;)

Tazio
19th October 2007, 14:29
If I can get up at stupid o'clock for Fuji and Shanghai, then you can get up for Brazil. Wus! :p

;)
yea' Valve, don't make me come out there!
I will see it live 9 :o oam pst
As the kids say "Sa-nap"

Tazio
19th October 2007, 16:38
SAO PAULO : Finland's Kimi Raikkonen topped the times in rain-hit, first practice for the Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos here early Friday, the Ferrari driver enjoying a healthy advantage over his two title rivals.

Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa was four-tenths of a second behind him with Heikki Kovalainen of Finland third for Renault, German-born Nico Rosberg fourth for Williams and title race leader Lewis Hamilton fifth for McLaren.

Hamilton, who leads team-mate and defending double world champion Fernando Alonso of Spain by four points leading into Sunday's showdown, was 1.5 seconds slower than Raikkonen after doing only 10 laps in the rain to learn the track.

ioan
19th October 2007, 16:48
We are gone have 6 threads about this GP if we continue this way.

markabilly
19th October 2007, 16:50
We are gone have 6 threads about this GP if we continue this way.
Contact the FIA--they clearly need to investigate this and put a stop to it :D

Valve Bounce
20th October 2007, 02:12
Are you that old ? :eek: :p :

YES!! :(

Valve Bounce
20th October 2007, 02:14

;)

I cannot think of a single reason to stay up for an F1 race in the middle of the night. Worse, I'd probably fall asleep on the couch just before the start.

20th October 2007, 03:46
The race is on at 5.00am NZ so might set the alarm. I've sat through maybe three races this season - not been very impressed (OK, I'd best admit that I prefer two wheels anyway) so here's hoping for a good one to finish the season. Jensen for a podium place, could happen. ;)

Valve Bounce
20th October 2007, 04:19
Jensen for a podium place, could happen. ;)

Yeah!! Just watch out the sky don't fall on top of your head.

............and keep an eye on those sheep. :eek:

20th October 2007, 06:46
Yeah!! Just watch out the sky don't fall on top of your head.

............and keep an eye on those sheep. :eek:
Ok sweetie :kiss:

jens
20th October 2007, 10:33
Kudos to Nakajima, who was basically equal to Rosberg in FP2. :up: It really looks like the Japanese is an underrated driver and I hope that he can put in a magnificent effort on today's qualifying.

Valve Bounce
20th October 2007, 13:52
For those who watch the very enjoyable Judge John Deed series on the telly, the baddy in the show is what Lewis Hamilton will look like in 15 years' time. The resemblance is just remarkable.

waitey
20th October 2007, 15:08
anyone know what has happened to kubica's car, apparently has stopped on track. was it a driver mistake or mechanical failure, hopefully it's not a mechanical failure as he would have to be one of the unluckiest drivers this season.

Dave B
20th October 2007, 15:24
The only reference I could find was on pitpass:

Kubica grinds to a halt by the side of the track
in the second sector, the Pole having clearly
suffered a technical problem. He climbs from his
car. As the yellow flags are waved, Massa doesn't
appear to slow until the very last moment, could
this lead to recriminations later?
As Massa goes quickest in the first sector,
Hamilton is back on track. Fifteen minutes
remaining.
Source: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=33243

Dave B
20th October 2007, 15:30
Saturday practice times:

1. MASSA Ferrari 1m11.810s
2. HAMILTON McLaren 1m11.934s
3. RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1m11.942s
4. WEBBER Red Bull 1m12.446s
5. TRULLI Toyota 1m12.461s
6. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m12.478s
7. HEIDFELD BMW 1m12.579s
8. ALONSO McLaren 1m12.594s
9. VETTEL Toro Rosso 1m12.767s
10. ROSBERG Williams 1m12.823s
11. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m12.893s
12. FISICHELLA Renault 1m12.913s
13. BUTTON Honda 1m13.015s
14. SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m13.046s
15. KOVALAINEN Renault 1m13.090s
16. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m13.117s
17. DAVIDSON Super Aguri 1m13.299s
18. SATO Super Aguri 1m13.331s
19. NAKAJIMA Williams 1m13.474s
20. KUBICA BMW 1m13.525s
21. SUTIL Spyker 1m13.684s
22. YAMAMOTO Spyker 1m13.872s

I'd settle for that come Sunday evening!

BDunnell
20th October 2007, 15:30
In the current climate, I expect there to be calls for Massa to be strung up for his appalling, deliberate cheat.

Dave B
20th October 2007, 15:31
^ What the heckity-heck went wrong with my cutting and pasting? :\

BDunnell
20th October 2007, 15:32
I'd settle for that come Sunday evening!

Yes, I'd love to see Webber right up at the sharp end. He deserves something good to happen some time soon.

pino
20th October 2007, 15:37
Hey Dave are you sure Trulli is 5th fastest ? :eek:

Mr Lopez
20th October 2007, 16:24
hi, i'm stuck overseas in a different timezone, does anyone know where i could see/listen to the qualifying today on the internet??

ioan
20th October 2007, 17:20
:eek: OMG, Felipe is 0.7 faster than Kimi and Hamilton in Q1!

markabilly
20th October 2007, 17:24
:eek: OMG, Felipe is 0.7 faster than Kimi and Hamilton in Q1!
Not when they add on the 3 second penalty!!! :eek:

ioan
20th October 2007, 17:26
Alonso moves up to second, still .5 short of Felipe's time!

ioan
20th October 2007, 17:39
What a lap by Kimi!

But they are still slower than this morning. :(

DazzlaF1
20th October 2007, 18:01
7 minutes to go, Hamilton leads ahead of Rosberg in 2nd, Raikkonen 4th, Massa 5th and Alonso 7th at the moment.

But we should see the all-out efforts shortly

DazzlaF1
20th October 2007, 18:11
Brilliant effort from Hamilton but unfortunately not enough to pip Massa, the only man to get under 72 seconds

ICKE
20th October 2007, 18:13
Disgraceful act from Mclaren. It was intentional, they slowed Kimi two times.

ioan
20th October 2007, 18:14
Only politics can stop Felipe this week end.

markabilly
20th October 2007, 18:16
FM, the LH, then Kimi,Fa, webber.....

wonder about the "pass" forced on kimi were he ran wide around LH....penalty, let us see that was LH, so NOPE, must have been "clean" and good for the sport

DazzlaF1
20th October 2007, 18:18

If not, then he's a cert to win this weekend barring Ferrari's reliability problems re-emerging

Dave B
20th October 2007, 18:18
It's odd that on a lap where Kimi was supposedly blocked, he improved both his sector and lap times.

veeten
20th October 2007, 18:21

and, 'Only You can prevent Forrest Fires".

:p :

markabilly
20th October 2007, 18:22
It does not matter, LH will have pole, Kimi starts on dirty side, FA third and after the penalty, Massa somewhere else out of the way

rohanweb
Massa on pole.. cheers to Brazilian fans..

Lewis H went to the unknown track and smashed his competitors...

its a very good place to start the race on the front row and i feel LH can do it

ioan
and, 'Only You can prevent Forrest Fires".

:p :

Not sure about that! ;)

yodasarmpit
20th October 2007, 18:23
Disgraceful act from Mclaren. It was intentional, they slowed Kimi two times.
oh please shut up.

markabilly
20th October 2007, 18:26
oh please shut up.
That is ssooo sweeet, but please do not be upset, Lh will have pole after Masssa gets his penalty...... :D

markabilly
20th October 2007, 18:27
why not put it in the right thread

DazzlaF1
20th October 2007, 18:28
Massa on pole.. cheers to Brazilian fans..

Lewis H went to the unknown track and smashed his competitors...

its a very good place to start the race on the front row and i feel LH can do it

The most important thing for Lewis is that he's in front of BOTH of his rivals and thats a good advantage on a circuit like this

veeten
20th October 2007, 18:29
Not sure about that! ;)

it's what Smokey the Bear always says. ;)

veeten
20th October 2007, 18:31
and now, the strategy begins...

veeten
20th October 2007, 18:32
LH in first.

Garry Walker
20th October 2007, 18:33
It's odd that on a lap where Kimi was supposedly blocked, he improved both his sector and lap times.

The sector where Golden Boy blocked Kimi, Kimi actually didnt improve his sector time but lost time to his previous try.
Other drivers would get a penalty, but not Golden Boy.

ioan
20th October 2007, 18:36
oh please shut up.

What a display of good manners. :rolleyes:

Ian McC
20th October 2007, 18:36
The sector where Golden Boy blocked Kimi, Kimi actually didnt improve his sector time but lost time to his previous try.

Predictable post :rolleyes:

ioan
20th October 2007, 18:37

Let's see if someone does something about this.
We should know it pretty soon.

Ian McC
20th October 2007, 18:38
What a display of good manners. :rolleyes:

That previous post doesn't deserve much more does it.

ioan
20th October 2007, 18:38

Another predictable post! :rolleyes: :p :

Garry Walker
20th October 2007, 18:39

Luca Colajanni "Once again they let the kid get away with everything, he caused Kimi 2/3 tenths on his best lap but then it seems he can do as he wants ..."

Do you know who Luca Colajanni is?

Dirty and pathetic tactics by McLaren and Golden Boy, again.
I hope both Alonso and Hamilton crash out tomorrow, they are worthless cheaters, not deserving of a title.

yodasarmpit
20th October 2007, 18:49
What a display of good manners. :rolleyes: I know it wasn't the most polite post, but I am getting beyond fed up of the increasingly silly posts on the forum.

jens
20th October 2007, 18:51
Come on Lewis, mere 71 laps (+warm-up lap :p :) to go to win the title... You can do it! :up: Interesting that this "equality official" had no positive effect for Fernando. About what should he complain now? :p :

The bunch of experienced drivers performed quite well. Both Jarno and David in Q3, Rubens and Giancarlo managed to beat their team-mates quite convincingly.

Kazuki. :( Probably got to F1 too early.
At least one Japanese performed well. Takuma managed to outqualify 'Ant' for the first time since Belgium. Toro Rossos looked quite good also in the dry.

Webber - qualifier of the day.

ioan
20th October 2007, 19:06
Luca Colajanni "Once again they let the kid get away with everything, he caused Kimi 2/3 tenths on his best lap but then it seems he can do as he wants ..."

Do you know who Luca Colajanni is?

Dirty and pathetic tactics by McLaren and Golden Boy, again.
I hope both Alonso and Hamilton crash out tomorrow, they are worthless cheaters, not deserving of a title.

Question is will they protest?!

markabilly
20th October 2007, 19:26
I know it wasn't the most polite post, but I am getting beyond fed up of the increasingly silly posts on the forum.

And the same for those that take the silly FIA/F1 circus so very seriously :rolleyes:

ioan
20th October 2007, 19:30
Kimi not happy with Hamilton:

"I don't know exactly [how much time] we lost - I haven't seen the data - but for sure there could have been a slightly easier way to let me past.

But it is what it is now. I would rather be in the front, but third is an OK place to start the race from. We should have a good car and see what we can do tomorrow."

Hamilton apologizes:

"I apologise if I got in his way, but I didn't think he was that close to me. I stayed where I was and braked. I didn't feel I hindered his lap, and I did get out of the way.

"I did the best job I could do," added Hamilton. "And I did apologise to him."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63483

:rolleyes:

pino
20th October 2007, 19:30
Can you all stop acting like kids ? Thank You ! :rolleyes:

markabilly
20th October 2007, 19:35
Question is will they protest?!

Sure, and that will be another $$$22k penalty on Mac :D

Actually, I think they got better things to do then waste their time on that, cause we all know Ferrari may be THE SPECIAL TEAM this year for WCC, but the THE SPECIAL DRIVER this year is not driving for Ferrari.......

besides there are no articles with big name marketer types talking about the tremendous marketing appeal of Kimi, if he wins......soo sorry, try again next year..... ;)

pino
20th October 2007, 19:41
Hamilton apologizes to Kimi :

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63483

Anyway for what I've seen with my eyes, Hamilton didn't slow down as he told on that interview, and for sure Kimi was damaged...

Bradley
20th October 2007, 19:51
If there comes no penalty for Massa, (and none for Hami slowing down Raikonen), then the teflon boy will start at the dirty side of the track.

How far will he try to push Kimi to the side of the track, and how far will "Iceman" give way ? :s mokin:

fandango
20th October 2007, 20:30
So Massa's running light in order to hold up Hamilton, and take away whatever advantage he has over Kimi on fuel load. Kimi will run long in the first stint, pass Hamilton and then win the race, hoping something happens to Lewis. Does that seem to be the Ferrari strategy to everyone?

As for Fernando, he's probably praying for rain...

markabilly
20th October 2007, 20:34
from PlanetF1--a fair and objective description of what in the news article as to what happened:

It was a ridiculous suggestion, and Hamilton was forced to defend himself within 24 hours of potentially becoming the first rookie and the youngest driver to win the Championship.

"........."

That drew the reply: "You never showed him clearly that you would give him a free track," to which Hamilton joked: "What do you want me to do? Put the indicators on?

"I did the best job, and I do apologise to him if I did get in his way."

An unnecessary exchange took place for a few seconds, and again at the end of the post-qualifying press conference.

The journalist asked: "Do you think you can do anything you want, and then just apologise? Is it the way it works in Formula One?"

Hamilton replied: "I'm not going to answer that," and when asked as to why, he added: "I don't really want to talk to you to be honest."

Bearing in mind an FIA scrutineer was overseeing all that unfolded in the McLaren garage today, Hamilton put an honest appraisal on his role....

SOme journalist do love their kool aid......

ioan
20th October 2007, 21:00
from PlanetF1--a fair and objective description of what in the news article as to what happened:

It was a ridiculous suggestion, and Hamilton was forced to defend himself within 24 hours of potentially becoming the first rookie and the youngest driver to win the Championship.

"........."

That drew the reply: "You never showed him clearly that you would give him a free track," to which Hamilton joked: "What do you want me to do? Put the indicators on?

An unnecessary exchange took place for a few seconds, and again at the end of the post-qualifying press conference.

The journalist asked: "Do you think you can do anything you want, and then just apologise? Is it the way it works in Formula One?"

Hamilton replied: "I'm not going to answer that," and when asked as to why, he added: "I don't really want to talk to you to be honest."

Bearing in mind an FIA scrutineer was overseeing all that unfolded in the McLaren garage today, Hamilton put an honest appraisal on his role....

Some good question for Hamilton, and he answered the wrong way.
More pressure on him is needed! :D

BDunnell
20th October 2007, 21:09

What a delightful sentiment.

ioan
20th October 2007, 21:27
What a delightful sentiment.

Don't take it personally. ;)

Tazio
20th October 2007, 21:43
So Massa's running light in order to hold up Hamilton, and take away whatever advantage he has over Kimi on fuel load. Kimi will run long in the first stint, pass Hamilton and then win the race, hoping something happens to Lewis. Does that seem to be the Ferrari strategy to everyone?

As for Fernando, he's probably praying for rain...

I would say most definately yes. I'm not sure Kimi is that much heavier than Lewis!
What I do think though is that The Ferrari's will be fast deeper into their stints.
Lewis will sufer rear degradation, FA fronts to a lesser degree.
Ferrari should be fast enough to win the race.
Unless something unfortold happens Lewis will take the crown.
It would be huge for kimi to get past LH off the grid. If Ferrari can make this happen,
Massa could really frustrate the kid. The only problem I see is that LH is very creative off the line,
but Kimi and Massa(with their new best friend FA) could create the kind of shimozel that fred may emerge through p1!

Tazio
20th October 2007, 21:51
They should! They bought the patent,
and trade in it's stock
Right now. It's a bull($#!t) market!

Easy Drifter
20th October 2007, 22:05
Oh lord. If anything but anything happens tomorrow that is at all debatable we will have a 10,000 page thread that will last until next season!

markabilly
20th October 2007, 23:32

"........."

Actually it was not what Hamilton said, it was how the journalist strung it together which I put in bold....the journalist did a better job of defending hamilton than did hamilton did defending hamilton..... :D

VkmSpouge
20th October 2007, 23:46
Interesting qualifying, Massa doing well but then he is almost certainly light. In the right circumstances Massa could well win the race tomorrow. Hamilton pulled another good qualifying lap out the bag, probably light but he'll just want to make sure he stays ahead of Alonso and stay out of trouble. The Red Bulls doing very well again, they really have hit some form in the last few weeks and they might just pip Williams for fourth in the Constructors' title. Hopefully Nakajima will have a good solid debut race.

osg
20th October 2007, 23:47

Agreed Gary.... remember the Massa/Alonso disgrace from last year????? Lewis falls on his feet and gets his bum wiped by the FIA again.

markabilly
20th October 2007, 23:52
Oh lord. If anything but anything happens tomorrow that is at all debatable we will have a 10,000 page thread that will last until next season!

Actually ferrari is NOT protesting Hamilton

Massa appears not to be investigated

FA is not mouthing or muttering...

Stupid screwtineer seems to be lost, still waiting on an email telling him where and when the race is....

FA is not really pushing like he really wants to win WDC, either in the last race and now not doing it in this race---he now says he lost WDC in qualifying and race has yet to begin????????And just such a happy face at the press conference???????????

Hummmm, is there something rotten in denmark??

Perhaps the deal is that FA cools his heels, no rocking and rolling the Golden Boy out of the throne, RD gets wish, Benei gets his wish and FA gets his wish...to go back to Unlce Flavio or wherever....or FA gets to take a vacation or go gardening the whole of next year if he fails to play along, to get along?????

And Ferrrari no protests, and FM stays on pole and wins...Hamilton finishes third behind Kimi and FA is fourth (cause the race is over in qualifying????)...and just what was the deal with Mac when JV won the championship.....that last corner first victory for who????

Now I will admit, this is way beyond what ole Markabilly would think...but after the stupid screwtineer stuff...then the Mac fine....the email nonsense/immunity/extortion......the fact that Mac (or MC and two drivers) was actively involved in the "use" .......I would have to wonder.....and it ain't like deals such as this have not been struck before per JV's championship.........(and since FA has shown a willingness to "bargain" or "extort" from RD, perhaps RD said okay, boy now it is time to play by my rules.............) :vader: :vader:

The only loose canon might be Kimi....

Tazio
20th October 2007, 23:59
For a sizable CA$H retainer!!

markabilly
21st October 2007, 03:47
When I read the quote of freddie saying he lost the wdc by qualifying fourth...I thought, HUH?? We have not even had the race...or have we been had and we just do not know it....

But now, the more I think, there is FA smiling and genuinely happy at the press conference , smiling and joking with ham.....where is the hidden anger one sees flashes of.....

Then I remember this is the man who worked with MC on trying out ferrari secrets...and then tried to blackmail RD with the stuff, when he did not get what he wanted from RD about LH.....

This is the same man who signed a deal to go with Mac, all on his own...right behind flavio's back.....

Freddie has cut his deal with RD and is gone to renault....in return he promises to interfere NOT with LH's trip to the wdc....so kim must beat Hamilton and beat him by 7 or more points, or it is Hamster as the wdc.....so hamster breaks, crashes or FM runs him off the road---otherwise game over

Game over.

Sad but given the other stuff that actually happened with the circus that is even more crazy than this......gives me a real sick feeling in my stomach

Remeber there was a philosopher who pointed out the difference between science and social science/religion was the abilty to predict with certainity exact future events without the excuses of social scientist.....so watch out...I got the same vibes that I had when I predicted the result of the second hearing.

And FA (as do the rest of them), really understand the term
'nothing personal, just business"

---remember Michael (godfather's baby boy....the assination of the bad guy and his captain-cop buddy was done because it made good business sense...listen to the discussion....while Sonny just wanted to pop somebody....so FA now has an offer he can not refuse...years of future income of millions of dollars back with his old team.........or a year off gardening.......even benie was dropping hints.

With this much money at stake, these guys play real hardball...that is what got them to where they are, while the rest of us want to hang out on a harry potter forum and debate if max loves ferrari and hates RD.....while they are laughing all the way to the bank.laughing all the way

follow the money, dudes.....just the thought of the possibility makes me want to puke....but just cause you are paranoid, it does not mean they are NOT out to get you.

Tazio
21st October 2007, 05:27
When I read the quote of freddie saying he lost the wdc by qualifying fourth...I thought, HUH?? We have not even had the race...or have we been had and we just do not know it....

But now, the more I think, there is FA smiling and genuinely happy at the press conference , smiling and joking with ham.....where is the hidden anger one sees flashes of.....

Then I remember this is the man who worked with MC on trying out ferrari secrets...and then tried to blackmail RD with the stuff, when he did not get what he wanted from RD about LH.....

This is the same man who signed a deal to go with Mac, all on his own...right behind flavio's back.....

Freddie has cut his deal with RD and is gone to renault....in return he promises to interfere NOT with LH's trip to the wdc....so kim must beat Hamilton and beat him by 7 or more points, or it is Hamster as the wdc.....so hamster breaks, crashes or FM runs him off the road---otherwise game over

Game over.

Sad but given the other stuff that actually happened with the circus that is even more crazy than this......gives me a real sick feeling in my stomach

Remeber there was a philosopher who pointed out the difference between science and social science/religion was the abilty to predict with certainity exact future events without the excuses of social scientist.....so watch out...I got the same vibes that I had when I predicted the result of the second hearing.

And FA (as do the rest of them), really understand the term
'nothing personal, just business"

---remember Michael (godfather's baby boy....the assination of the bad guy and his captain-cop buddy was done because it made good business sense...listen to the discussion....while Sonny just wanted to pop somebody....so FA now has an offer he can not refuse...years of future income of millions of dollars back with his old team.........or a year off gardening.......even benie was dropping hints.

With this much money at stake, these guys play real hardball...that is what got them to where they are, while the rest of us want to hang out on a harry potter forum and debate if max loves ferrari and hates RD.....while they are laughing all the way to the bank.laughing all the way

follow the money, dudes.....just the thought of the possibility makes me want to puke....but just cause you are paranoid, it does not mean they are NOT out to get you.
And just because Fred acted unlike Roy F*****g Hobbs, Doesn't mean he won't act irrationally, and or, in his own interests. It reminds me of a line from “The Princess Bride”. When Enugo Montoya told Leslie "I give you my word as a Spaniard you will reach the top alive." Leslie still disguised as the Dread Pirate Roberts replied “No thanks! I've known too Many Spaniards"

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 07:29

Ioan,... didnt you watch yesterdays int'w with Hamilton senior who answered a questions of how tough LH is?

'Lewis is a so single minded when he is on the job, & nothing distracts him'

very interesting and tough point from Hamilton senior!!!

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 07:32
Agreed Gary.... remember the Massa/Alonso disgrace from last year????? Lewis falls on his feet and gets his bum wiped by the FIA again.

Nope Lewis didnt block Kimi.. there was a reasonable length is given to Kimi to keep going in his flying lap, and it was kimi's own fault that he wobbled on the edges... there must have been protests by ferrari ..it didnt happen, so why we argue about it.?

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 07:41

Gary you are making up stories mate..
didnt you see Lewis gave enough space to kimi, and there were considerable length from the point lewis moved over and the edges where kimi wobbled???

you should have listent to the commentery a little more sharp & seen the tv footage bit more clearly than just bloat...because you hate LH!

pino
21st October 2007, 07:56
rohanweb, I don't hate Hamilton (actually I like him a lot) but I am starting to dislike his attitude on track. He saw Kimi coming but he didn't slow down, Kimi was forced to go wide and lost the time which has cost him the pole. Not a fair attitude towards your fellow competitor for the title...me thinks :)

Tazio
21st October 2007, 10:01
Rohanweb, you do post a lot of rubbish

markabilly
21st October 2007, 11:24
rohanweb, I don't hate Hamilton (actually I like him a lot) but I am starting to dislike his attitude on track. He saw Kimi coming but he didn't slow down, Kimi was forced to go wide and lost the time which has cost him the pole. Not a fair attitude towards your fellow competitor for the title...me thinks :)

very true....And yet with Massa's pole at stake...Ferrari protesth not...wonder why....

Renault has FA, FA gives up, ferrari has pole, Hamilton has WDC unless ferrari can put the squeeze on hamilton between Massa and Kimi...so why protest and have hamilton moved down, out of harm's way...or even worse, have Massa booted back ten places on the grid...and Hamilton only 5 places.....

for Kimi to beat Hamilton requires how many points and if hamilton finishes fourth behind Kimi, FM and FA, who wins?

Duh, game over-------HAmilton is WDC

And expect no help from FA unless FA forgets "the deal" with Flavio and benie....if he does, Benie will have a new yard man for next year..... :eek:

This is NOT a conspiracy based on love for anyone....but when it comes to money, only a really stupid fool thinks that benie the huckster, is going to just sit around and do nothing..... :vader:

Bradley
21st October 2007, 11:32
Not a fair attitude towards your fellow competitor for the title...me thinks :)

Not fair, but efficiënt ... me seems many people idolize that kind of dirty (karting) tricks today. Their problem, but I do not.

I looked again at the famous battle between Villeneuve and Arnoux yesterday. THEY left eachother enough space, THAT was car-racing.

TL
21st October 2007, 11:46
again....if LH's move was that unfair..why wasn't there a protest from Ferrari ?..or why wasn't there a report about it from the marchals ?...Oh wait..I forgot....FIA ordereded them to keep there eyes closed when LH does something that isn't allowed right guys ? *rolling eyes*

markabilly
21st October 2007, 11:50
again....if LH's move was that unfair..why wasn't there a protest from Ferrari ?..or why wasn't there a report about it from the marchals ?...Oh wait..I forgot....FIA ordereded them to keep there eyes closed when LH does something that isn't allowed right guys ? *rolling eyes*
Asked and answered already :rolleyes:

To keep pole for Massa :rolleyes:

Renault has FA, FA gives up in return to be free, ferrari has pole, Hamilton has WDC unless ferrari can put the squeeze on hamilton between Massa and Kimi...so why protest and have hamilton moved down, out of harm's way...or even worse, have Massa booted back ten places on the grid...and Hamilton only 5 places.....

for Kimi to beat Hamilton requires how many points and if hamilton finishes fourth behind Kimi, FM and FA, who wins? :rolleyes:

But you are right...given the treatment afforded to LH, why should they waste their time protesting.....

pino
21st October 2007, 11:57

According to Ferrari Team Manager Domenicali, a protest would've been a waste of time only...

TL
21st October 2007, 12:00
Renault has FA, FA gives up in return to be free

LOL..You don't believe that yourself do you markabilly ?....so bcause FA only made it to spot 4 in the qualifying and LH yet again proved he was just faster than fernando you think it is a sign FA is giving up the WC ? I don't think so...If he sees a change he will go for it...believe me...

TL
21st October 2007, 12:02
According to Ferrari Team Manager Domenicali, a protest would've been a waste of time only...

Maybe bcause there was nothing to protest about...Still the marchals could have reported it also no ?

Juppe
21st October 2007, 14:13
Maybe bcause there was nothing to protest about...Still the marchals could have reported it also no ?

According to Finnish newspaper Stefano Domenicali asked for a recording of the situation so that they could possibly file a complaint. But he was answered by marshalls that there is no need for that, because they didn't see anything wrong with the situation... that is why he knew it would have been a waste of time.

Given that even this season penalties have been handed out very easily in similar situations I find this a little bit disturbing.

yodasarmpit
21st October 2007, 14:20
I honestly don't think there was anything to protest about, but thats the nature of the sport everyone will see something a little different.

Anyway let the race decide the championship, it's only a few hours away now.

mclarenboy
21st October 2007, 14:46
:champion: How is it that everytime mclaren put a foot wrong its oh thats disgraceful but its turns out ferrari were spying too and did they get fined millions?no they didnt so im thinking today will leave us with some ferrari tricks and cheats but heres my finishing list prediction for top 5:
1. Felipe Massa.
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Kimi Raikonnen
4. Mark Webber
5. Nick Heidfeld.
(Alonso out at first corner. :p )

markabilly
21st October 2007, 15:01
The press conference after qualifying---in toto

Omitted are the usual pompous questions form the over-pompous one

Questions from the floor
Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Lewis, bearing in mind all the criticising and whinging that Fernando has done of late, which has led to a scrutineer in the McLaren garage today, I wonder how it feels to beat him fair and square?
LH: It is always good to beat your team-mate in any circumstances and you know we approached this weekend with both of us challenging for the world championship and I don't know for what reason he is P4, but I think we are both doing a good job. For sure, it is nice to be ahead of your team-mate and that is always your goal and for the team we want to be right at the front, so we still have some work to do.
Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) For Lewis. For everybody it is evident that twice you disturbed Kimi. Is everything good to become a world champion?
LH: To be honest there is no reason for me to do anything to Kimi because if anything he can win...
(inaudible from the audience)
LH: Well, I came out of the pits and the guys said that, obviously, because Fernando was behind me and I could not hold him up in the pits... So I came out of the pit lane and they said you will come out close to Kimi and I came out and when you are at that sort of speed your mirrors are vibrating and so you cannot see too much and then I realised that he was very, very close and so I slowed down and I noticed I can't attack the corner like he was, so I backed out and he went past me.
Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) ...You never showed him clearly that you would give him the track free?
LH: What do you want me to do? Put the indicator on?
Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) You know exactly...
LH: I did the best job I could to get out of the way. And I did apologise to him if I did get in his way.
Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) Is that what you call the best job?
LH: Yes.
Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) As a sportsman?
LH: Yes, how are you at your job? Are you the best at your job? You have never made mistakes... No?
Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) Sometimes...
LH: Oh really.
Q: (Dan Knutson - National Speed Sport News) Again for Lewis. You have been a part of the McLaren family for about ten years but now for the last 10 months you have been part of the F1 team. Please describe how your relationship has grown and changed now that you are actually inside the team?
LH: I think like with any relationship it has been growing throughout the year and I think through rough times that I had in life how they stuck by me and through all the sun we had this year we have worked extremely hard to improve the car and challenge for the world championship and we have gone through some hard times and we have all stuck together. So, for sure the bond has grown and we get on as good as ever, so I am going to continue to try and do a good job for them and stay in their good books for sure.
Q: Felipe, you have done an extra lap at the end of qualifying. Why did you do that and were you afraid of some kind of punishment?
FM: No, because my car finished while the traffic light was still green, so I can do another lap and get the chequered flag.
Q: (Andrea Cremonesi - La Gazzetta dello Sport) Kimi, could you count the time that you lost with Lewis and did you feel in that moment that he did something wrong to you?
KR: I don't know. I haven't seen any data to see what happened. I don't know for sure, I don't know. I think other people can judge what has been done and make decisions. For sure, there could have been a slightly easier way to let me pass, but it is the way it is now and it doesn't interest me anymore.
Q: (Juha Paatalo - Financial Times Germany) Kimi, on your last attempt after you passed Lewis there was some smoke from your car - do you know what that was?
KR: No idea.
Q: (Ian Gordon - News of the World) Lewis, while we have been here, there has been a racism row back home following comments made by the head of the Spanish motorsport federation. I wondered what your feelings were about that?
LH: I haven't heard anything.
Q: (Ian Gordon - News of the World) Basically, he said that Britain is a racist country and it is ironic that we should now be, that is nine million people, in front of our TVs tomorrow to support you winning your final race.
LH: Quite surprised by it, but you know they have their right to their own opinion and we just have to rise above it.
Q: (Ian Gordon - News of the World) Do you see yourself as a role model for the whole of the youngsters in Britain if you are crowned champion, not just one particular part?
LH: Yes, of course. I am not just going into this thinking I am going to be a role model only for black people. I hope it opens doors for everyone. Just me being in F1 I hope it opens doors for all cultures and all ethnic groups.
Q: (Livio Oricchio - O Estado de Sao Paulo) Massa, you were so much faster in Q3 than Q2 - how do you explain it?
FM: No explanation. I did the best I could and I don't know.
Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Lewis, just to clarify after the ridiculous exchange that you just had, do you feel that you did an absolutely honest job today and if you win the world title do you feel that you will do so honestly?
LH: Yes, I do. For sure I am going to be accused of something, but honestly I am here this weekend and I need to do a completely clean job and that means just getting up and doing a good job and not making mistakes and not being investigated for some things and that is what we are trying to do as a team and myself and if anything Kimi can win this and that would be good for us and obviously it would be good to beat him but I have most of all got to beat Fernando.
But I honestly came in afterwards and he mentioned that and I said I apologised if I got in your way but you know I honestly did not think he was that close behind me, so I was going to take the corner but I really would have screwed his lap, so I moved over and I stayed where I was and braked and I don't feel I have hindered his lap as I did get out of the way.
Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) Let us continue the ridiculous exchange... Do you think you can do everything you want and then you just apologise - is that the way it works in Formula One?
LH: I'm not going to answer that.
Q: (inaudible)
LH: Not really, I just don't want to talk to you to be honest.

[ And spesking of being honest, I wish someone had asked, "has FA already signed a contract with Renault, and RD promises to let him go, if he stays out of your way on Sunady as you drive home to WDC."?..but alas....]
http://www.autosport.com/images/space.gif

ioan
21st October 2007, 15:30
Ioan,... didnt you watch yesterdays int'w with Hamilton senior who answered a questions of how tough LH is?

'Lewis is a so single minded when he is on the job, & nothing distracts him'

very interesting and tough point from Hamilton senior!!!

No I didn't.
I only get to see the race here (France), and honestly I'm happy not to have to see Lewy's father with that smug smile "a la RD".

ioan
21st October 2007, 15:36
According to Finnish newspaper Stefano Domenicali asked for a recording of the situation so that they could possibly file a complaint. But he was answered by marshalls that there is no need for that, because they didn't see anything wrong with the situation... that is why he knew it would have been a waste of time.

Given that even this season penalties have been handed out very easily in similar situations I find this a little bit disturbing.

Welcome to the reality of the 2007 F1 Championship. :s

Tazio
21st October 2007, 15:37
mark'...........................I aint buying it. 1: At the worst, the data they took from his lump is not good, and he wishes he took on a new lump p1 &10 place penalty 2: He is trying a psych job on his team mate :3 he is simply depressed at his Qualy, down in the dumps, and hadn't got his race face on yet!

Here me now and understand me later
Fred is going to race his ass off!
Will he get past hamiliton
Probably not! Then again he might
come out of turn 2 ahead of him
did I drink the Kool Aid? Let's just say
I'd rather rule in hell,
than serve in heaven

markabilly
21st October 2007, 15:42

You mean to others, none of whom were LH....and to say nothing about the same thing last season....

The stewarts were afraid if they even started, they would go deaf from the whining...to say nothing of never ever having the job of stewart ever again...

let me see, how many times has LH been investigated or even did something questionable and was not investigated, but not penalized, yet even when there was a hint, there was a massive amount of whining.....and how many penalties have actually been imposed on the golden boy of bernie and RD.... :vader:

ioan
21st October 2007, 15:43
[ And spesking of being honest, I wish someone had asked, "has FA already signed a contract with Renault, and RD promises to let him go, if he stays out of your way on Sunady as you drive home to WDC."?..but alas....]
http://www.autosport.com/images/space.gif

Let's try and see what would have happened:

Reporter: "Lewis, has FA already signed a contract with Renault, and RD promises to let him go, if he stays out of your way on Sunady as you drive home to WDC?"

Lewis:"I'm not going to answer that."

Reporter: (inaudible) :?:

Lewis:"Not really, I just don't want to talk to you to be honest."

mstillhere
21st October 2007, 15:45
Anyway let the race decide the championship.

Is this rule the one you swear by?

markabilly
21st October 2007, 15:53
mark'...........................I aint buying it. 1: At the worst, the data they took from his lump is not good, and he wishes he took on a new lump p1 &10 place penalty 2: He is trying a psych job on his team mate :3 he is simply depressed at his Qualy, down in the dumps, and hadn't got his race face on yet!

Here me now and understand me later
Fred is going to race his ass off!
Will he get past hamiliton
Probably not! Then again he might
come out of turn 2 ahead of him
did I drink the Kool Aid? Let's just say
I'd rather rule in hell,
than serve in heaven

(1) No, sir ! it ain't you buying it that I am worried about, it is FA, flavio, benie and RD... :D

(2) I can only hope that is true.....
(3) I can only hope that is true.....
(4) I can only hope that is true....fred will race his ass off.....butt off or whatever, because otherwise....... :down: on the whole circus--forever-

anyway his actions will speak louder than words, and we shall see those actions shortly, so if FA leaves Hamilton in the dust, and wins the wdc, then there shall be no question...he might be gardening next year or ruling in hell, but we will not be wondering if he has "backbone" or gonads.... :D

mstillhere
21st October 2007, 15:54
I think that KIMI is showing a thing or two about how to be a SPORTSMAN. So far he seems to be unaffected by all the cheating and unfairness that's going around. For those of you supporting McLaren and LH, I am sure you are happy that the championship is about to end. You must be panicking right now because you MUST be out of excuses in having to defend Lewis and McLAren almost every day. It must be exhausting!!! Lewis might win today but mark my words: IT'S TAINTED WITH CHEATING!!! And I am sure there is more to come.

markabilly
21st October 2007, 15:56
:rotflmao: :D :rotflmao:

Let's try and see what would have happened:

Reporter: "Lewis, has FA already signed a contract with Renault, and RD promises to let him go, if he stays out of your way on Sunady as you drive home to WDC?"

Lewis:"I'm not going to answer that."

Reporter: (inaudible) :?:

Lewis:"Not really, I just don't want to talk to you to be honest."
Y

You are right, that is probably the only answer we would have gotten...... :mad:

ioan
21st October 2007, 15:58
Y

You are right, that is probably the only answer we would have gotten...... :mad:

Yes, but that says enough already!

ioan
21st October 2007, 16:15
It seems that the tires will decide the outcome of the race, the super soft one that are fading away super super fast!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63511

Bradley
21st October 2007, 21:48
I think that KIMI is showing a thing or two about how to be a SPORTSMAN. So far he seems to be unaffected by all the cheating and unfairness that's going around. For those of you supporting McLaren and LH, I am sure you are happy that the championship is about to end. You must be panicking right now because you MUST be out of excuses in having to defend Lewis and McLAren almost every day. It must be exhausting!!!

:up: There was justice in the end.

Now LH did not win the title, someone even created a self-help-group(-thread) where they're only allowed to say positive things about LH :eek: :D :D

*This is to be for those who support him or wish him good luck next year, any negative posts from the usual suspect will result into me stepping on your heads, so keep it friendly.

See you next year , good luck Lewis, unbelivable for a rookie :up: .

donKey jote
21st October 2007, 22:05
:laugh:

markabilly
21st October 2007, 22:55
Well loks like the WDC race ain't over, with Williams and Sauber may be disqualified---seems Max decided to return bernie's phone call....

Now this is really ....stranger than ever...I keep trying to "out do" these people with my crazy stories that I make up and the real folks just keep outdoing me

jens
22nd October 2007, 18:55
I will never start understanding Toyota's (useless) strategical decisions. Final pitstop 7 laps before the end of the race. :s Before that Jarno was running strongly in 7th position right behind the BMWs and Rosberg and as they were having a huge battle there, he could have risen into Top6.

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 19:00
I will never start understanding Toyota's (useless) strategical decisions. Final pitstop 7 laps before the end of the race. :s Before that Jarno was running strongly in 7th position right behind the BMWs and Rosberg and as they were having a huge battle there, he could have risen into Top6.That's why I think Ralf is not done in f1.
He wants to drive for any team that’s objective is to have sanity
as one of it's considerations in competing

janneppi
22nd October 2007, 19:11
:up: There was justice in the end.

Now LH did not win the title, someone even created a self-help-group(-thread) where they're only allowed to say positive things about LH :eek: :D :D
Fortunately for people who hate him there are enough threads here to show how pathetic they are. :rolleyes: