PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Pimping His Autobiography

Tazio
14th October 2007, 00:08
Actually this is an excellent article especially if you are a Brit, and a Hamilton fan! The following exerpt is not representative of the whole. But it's my thread so, do as I say not as I do. Follow the link. I wouldn't of have had to start a new thread but, the "half wit" one was closed because some of you don't know how to behave yourselves! Jackie was a childhood favorite of mine and personally I can't wait to get my hands on this book! I think it's interesting that he says he would put his money on Kimi if he were to make a bet as to who will take the 2007WDC. Enough. Read it for yourselves

For Stewart, more pressing questions surrounded the running of the Japanese Grand Prix. "Three accomplished drivers have told me they didn't think the race should have been started in the weather conditions at Fuji," said Stewart. "It does question the governance of the sport."

"I hope, like almost everyone in Britain,that Lewis is going to secure the World Championship. But it is not impossible for him to lose it. History is against Alonso as it's rare for a driver to win the championship three times in succession. Only Fangio and Michael Schumacher have done that. If you were a betting man, you could make Raikkonen the most likely champion.

"Ferrari have won the constructors' championship — even if to my mind it is a hollow victory because of McLaren losing all their points — and they will be unyielding in Brazil. All those elements will be preying on the freshness of Hamilton's youth."

Stewart will be watching the race on television at Gleneagles as from tomorrow, he embarks on a twoweek tour of Britain to publicise his autobiography, in which he reminds us of the tragedy and tears that once trailed F1 around the world.

In his 11 years as a grand prix driver, 57 friends or colleagues died at the wheel. Through his tireless crusade to put driver-safety on the agenda, motor racing is now conducted under the most stringent conditions.

"None of the drivers like Lewis would have any conception of what it was like when I raced," said Stewart. "And I pray to God they never do."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/motorsport.html?in_article_id=487496&in_page_id=1954&ito=newsnow

trumperZ06
14th October 2007, 01:13
:D Good read, Tazio... thanks !!!

For those of you that are still defending Mad Max's "SPYGATE" actions this year, it might be time to reflect on what has actually occured over the past few months!!!

1. The Spygate trial without a complete investigation.

2. The draconian sentence after finding McLaren guilty... with little or no evidience

3. Amnesty given to an athlete who attempted to blackmail the owner of the company

4. Twice publicly branding Jackie Stewart... " a certified halfwit"

5. Imposing inspectors on the company to insure that the athlete who attempted blackmail... is not treated unfairly.

Many others have said... Max has brought the FIA and Formula One into...

"Disrepute"...

I do not understand how anyone today, could dis-agree with them.

:s mokin:

Tazio
14th October 2007, 13:21

:s mokin:Do these words sound like they come from a "certified halfwit"
I think Max needs to read Jackie's book,
if for no other reason then to help him realize how absurd they are!

"I'm disappointed with Alonso because one of the things I gave him credit for, as he won the last two championships with Renault,was his mind management."

markabilly
14th October 2007, 15:05
I read what I remember to be either a bio or an auto-bio of Stewart many years ago...at the end, he talks about losing his friend and fellow team mate Cevert at Wakins Glen...and recalling an earlier conversation at a race while Gurney was still driving in F1 with a pensive Dan Gurney who had remarked about how many friends and all that he had lost while racing. What struck him was that Dan was a man who no one ever questioned as to courage, yet here he sat, making certain comments.

Stewart says he knew Gurney would be leaving F1 after that...and he did shortly later.

Drivers left the sport back then because (1)they retired because they just lost the urge to continue to face the dangers and lose friends, or (2) they were killed......

not because they got too old

Malbec
14th October 2007, 15:32

I was reading something about this the other day. Previously I'd assumed that by 'a certified halfwit' Mosley was referring to Stewarts opinions which often contradict his own. However it appears he was referring to Stewarts dyslexia in which case Mosley proves himself not only to be rather low but ignorant too.

Tazio
14th October 2007, 19:10
I was reading something about this the other day. Previously I'd assumed that by 'a certified halfwit' Mosley was referring to Stewarts opinions which often contradict his own. However it appears he was referring to Stewarts dyslexia in which case Mosley proves himself not only to be rather low but ignorant too.
Don't believe everything you read. It is true that Max Mosley referred to JYS as a "certified half wit" To my knowledge Damon Hill was the first and only F1 insider to exclaim it was a reference to Jackie's dyslexia. To my knowledge Jackie has not acknowledged that this insult was directed at his dyslexia. But there is little doubt that he insulted JYS, and was unrepentant. So as far as we know Max referred him a "half wit" at a luncheon that was attended by some press. My personal believe's are Mosley made a couple of insults in reference to JYS, and in my opinion he displayed unacceptable conduct for any public figure, but especially a man in his position

ICKE
14th October 2007, 23:03
Mosley spoke his mind and was correct.

Stewart is going senile and he is poking his nose at places where it does not belong. FIA does not need his biased views.

Valve Bounce
15th October 2007, 00:10
Actually, Max has a secret financial interest in Stewarts book's sales, and he is providing Jackie with as much publicity as possible to increase sales. G'donya Max!! :up:

Tazio
15th October 2007, 02:01
Actually, Max has a secret financial interest in Stewarts book's sales, and he is providing Jackie with as much publicity as possible to increase sales. G'donya Max!! :up:
ya' know Valve with all the off track shinanigans going on this season, I don't believe it's outside the realm of possibility. Every once in a while I need to be reminded that "Life truely is stranger than fiction"

Ari
15th October 2007, 02:15
Now this is a man who's seen and done just about everything. I will definitely be considering picking up a copy of his book!!!

Valve Bounce
15th October 2007, 03:16
Now this is a man who's seen and done just about everything. I will definitely be considering picking up a copy of his book!!!

Actually, I was horrified that 59 colleagues died at the wheel during Jackies tenure in F1. Surely to God!! this can't be right. :( Can someone confirm this? :(

ShiftingGears
15th October 2007, 09:54
Carel Godin de Beaufort -'64
Bob Anderson -'67
Lorenzo Bandini -'67
Jim Clark -'68
Lucien Bianchi -'69
Jo Bonnier -'72
Francois Cervert-'73
Piers Courage -'70
Ignazio Giunti -'71
Paul Hawkins -'69
Bruce McLaren -'70
Gerhard Mitter -'69
Jochen Rindt -'70
Pedro Rodruigez -'71
Ludovico Scarfiotti -'68
Jo Schlesser -'68
Jo Siffert -'71
Mike Spence -'68
John Taylor -'66
Roger Williamson -'73
Theres twenty grand prix drivers that died between Jackie Stewart's F1 debut in '64 up to his retirement in '73...but there is probably more grand prix drivers as well, and sportscar, Tasman series, and any other series that Jackie would have raced in, and that's excluding his friends that may have raced in other series. So, it's a believable statistic.

Tazio
15th October 2007, 17:43
Actually, I was horrified that 59 colleagues died at the wheel during Jackies tenure in F1. Surely to God!! this can't be right. :( Can someone confirm this? :( In the artical he says 57 (just to split hairs)
But didn't say they were all F1 races they died in.
Or they were F1 drivers at all.
In the artical I posted!