PDA

View Full Version : Interlagos

Tazio
9th October 2007, 05:42
“It's great that the season finale in Brazil will be the decisive race for the Drivers' Championship,” Theissen said. “The circuit at Sao Paulo is a varied one - but the same applies to the weather. On the long, undulating pit straight, engine power will be vital. At the same time, the incline also adds to the excitement at the start. The altitude also makes for a special situation: due to the lower air density, the horsepower output of the engines will be reduced by about eight percent, compared to what they deliver on sea level.”

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/controller.php?lang=en&theme=default&month=10&year=2007&nextMode=GpNewsForm&news_id=28321

These are Mario Theissens words. I think Baring the problems they had in China that he thinks BMW power is a plus at altitude. I may be reading too much into this. Extended weather reports suggest rain up to the 18th.
I'm interested in what the current characterists of the track are. I know it's bumpy. What about the curbs? How abrasive is the surface. These could play a vital role in the strategy, especially if the weather is similar to China. If it is, do you see LH going with a more conservative approach to the race? I think he will once again go a little light in quali. That way he can at least keep FA behind him. At the start. If it’s wet he may not hold onto the lead after the first pit stop. And if it's wet he will be forced to make a tire decision early.
I don't even want to get into a safety car scenario. This could be the most exciting nail biter in many years!! Who do you think the track will favor?

ShiftingGears
9th October 2007, 07:58
Bumpy - McLaren
Long Corners - Ferrari

If it's wet anything could happen. I doubted Massa in the wet but after Fuji I'm not so sure.

wmcot
9th October 2007, 08:46
I wonder if Massa will be allowed to wear his Brazilian-colored racing suit again?

ioan
9th October 2007, 09:19
I wonder if Massa will be allowed to wear his Brazilian-colored racing suit again?

Why not?

leopard
9th October 2007, 09:56
Didn't they take it out from laundry service? ;)

Ranger
9th October 2007, 13:51
Should be a sweet race - anything could happen. I've seen a handful of OzGP vids from 1986 to see how it can pan out. Man that would be a killer way to end the championship!
It should suit McLaren... BUT I'd be willing to bet that it won't on raceday when it matters.
Play the rain card and all guesses play even as to who's going to come out on top.

Garry Walker
9th October 2007, 14:28
it will suit McLaren. The super-soft tyres, bumps and slow corners.