PDA

View Full Version : The stupidity of carrying lots of electronic gadets in one's pants

Daniel
8th October 2007, 14:22
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2200608/ipod-catches-fire-user-pocket

Far be it from me to post something negative about Apple *cough* :p

A little scary :mark:

Mark
8th October 2007, 14:25
I have an apple tree in my garden. Should I be worried?

Daniel
8th October 2007, 14:30
Yes. Be afraid be very afraid.

Pawprint
8th October 2007, 18:46
Yeah, I agree scary., but I think the apple-hatey people over-react when something happens to something apple...... whereas similar things happen all the time..... Don't want to spark an arguement, though ;)

but yeah, scary.

tinchote
8th October 2007, 21:03
Yeah, I agree scary., but I think the apple-hatey people over-react when something happens to something apple...... whereas similar things happen all the time..... Don't want to spark an arguement, though ;)

but yeah, scary.

I've never seen an XP catching fire ;) :p :

J4MIE
9th October 2007, 00:41

Ah but just because you've not seen one doesn't mean that it doesn't happen and you aren't at risk! :angryfire

< insert anti-microsoft details here >

:p :

L5-&gt;R5/CR
9th October 2007, 02:43
Happens with cell phones at an alarming rate as well...

Anything with a battery and that much circuitry with a friction surface and bosy heat could do the same thing.

This should more likely be titled, "the stupidity of carrying lots of electronic gadets in one's pants". It's a more accurate and funny title...

airshifter
9th October 2007, 15:04

That's why they always need more beta testers for new software. Most of the old ones were killed in the fires! :laugh:

Lithium batteries have had problems for many years. Way back in my military days we had problems with larger ones overheating and exploding, and these were passed through military spec contracts. I'm not a big fan of any average consumer device having lithium batteries.

Daniel
9th October 2007, 19:07
ok I admit I found that funny airshifter :p

RaceFanStan
10th October 2007, 02:21
He should have shook it before he put it back in his trousers ... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

L5-&gt;R5/CR
10th October 2007, 16:32
Nice to see you thought my thread title to be both funny and appropriate...

Daniel
10th October 2007, 16:40
I would have preferred "No one was set on fire by XP" though :p

L5-&gt;R5/CR
10th October 2007, 22:54
I would have preferred "No one was set on fire by XP" though :p

No one was set on fire by OSX either.

It was probably another battery made by Sony...