PDA

View Full Version : Well done Vettel and Liuzzi

ioan
7th October 2007, 08:56
Exceptional job there, especially Vettel 17th to 4th, not bad for his only 6th ever F1 race! :up:

Simmo666
7th October 2007, 09:00
After the disaster of Toro Rosso losing all its points in various ways last weekend, they'd probably have been thinking that was probably it for the season. But right away, more points! Great drives by both, especially Vettel!

tinchote
7th October 2007, 09:03
Very good job :up:

Robinho
7th October 2007, 09:08
impressive stuff, Vettell is another to add to the list for the future stars, along with Kubica, Sutil, Rosberg and Hamilton - if they can all pick up god drives we should be in for a treat in the years to come

F1boat
7th October 2007, 09:12
Seb is star of the future. He was amazing. If Bourdais is half as strong in F1 as he is in CCWS, STR Racing has a bright future ahead of them.

pino
7th October 2007, 09:20
Great performance by both :up: Liuzzi deserves a F1 seat indeed ;)

RaikkonenRules
7th October 2007, 09:45
This will help Liuzzi get a drive next season. Maybe with Williams.

jens
7th October 2007, 09:46
Fantastic!! :up: Also the team and drivers managed to make their tyre changes in exactly the right moment. STR is looking strong, considering they did also well in yesterday's dry qualifying. Maybe the potential of the car is starting to unfold finally. Hopefully they can continue like that and give the A-team RBR a strong competition.

Vettel is making F1 to look easy. ;) Again a parallel with Barrichello back in Donington '93... But with the difference that Sebastian has already put two of such amazing drives in a row.
And come on Frank, give Tonio the Williams drive for next year!

janneppi
7th October 2007, 10:40
What are the odds of STR getting the latest spec Ferrari engine for the last race just in case Kimi needs a cushion between Hamilton? ;)

Bradley
7th October 2007, 10:49
Impressive job, for a second consecutive race.

And he achieved it without politics.

Sleeper
7th October 2007, 10:53
That was damn impressive from Vettel.

ioan
7th October 2007, 11:14

Yeah, a good drive through the pack, something I'm still to see from Hamilton.

jens
7th October 2007, 11:39
Actually what is interesting that Vettel seems such a mature wet driver in such youth. Rookies tend to go off and make mistakes (also in this race - Rosberg, Kovalainen, Hamilton). How many times we have seen a rookie opting for dry tyres too early and therefore destroying his race.

Sebastian hasn't put a wheel wrong (don't count SC incident as a racing incident) and the strategical decisions have been perfect. He looks like an old hand rather than a rookie.

osg
7th October 2007, 12:22

+1.

Roamy
7th October 2007, 15:21
I must say I didn't believe it and I am impressed as can be. What a tremendous effort for all on this team - even berger ???

Well Done

cy bais
7th October 2007, 15:34
great job for all those at STR.

:)

VkmSpouge
7th October 2007, 15:39
Excellent work by Vettel and Liuzzi. Toro Rosso will be celebrating tonight.

RS
7th October 2007, 16:55
Well done Vettel, great job.

So where did Whingeing 'experienced' Webbo finish in the same car?

Brown, Jon Brow
7th October 2007, 18:12
Yeah, a good drive through the pack, something I'm still to see from Hamilton.

:confused: How can you drive through the pack when you start from pole?

Good race by Torro Rosso. 7th place in the constructors now. At the start of the season who would put money on STR beating Honda?

aryan
7th October 2007, 18:21
Well done Minardi... um I mean STR. What a result! After Fuji, they certainly thought that was it. I am soo happy for this team.

The two Sebs are going to fight it out next year for sure. Bourdais won't have an easy time in F1 with Vettel to keep him honest.

It all looks too good for one of the smallest teams on thr grid...

Ranger
7th October 2007, 22:40
Well done Vettel, great job.

So where did Whingeing 'experienced' Webbo finish in the same car?

10th, after 3 stops, compared to Vettel's perfectly timed singular stop.

Toro Rosso did good today. :up:

BDunnell
7th October 2007, 22:47
10th, after 3 stops, compared to Vettel's perfectly timed singular stop.

That showed the risk of stopping too soon.

Ranger
7th October 2007, 22:52
That showed the risk of stopping too soon.

Yep, kudos to their strategy man though, someone was smiling down on them!

Not that Vettel didn't do a good job, but he was pretty fortunate yesterday.

BDunnell
7th October 2007, 22:55
Yep, kudos to their strategy man though, someone was smiling down on them!

Not that Vettel didn't do a good job, but he was pretty fortunate yesterday.

He was, but he took his chance brilliantly. Hopefully he'll get lots more.

Roamy
8th October 2007, 14:59
You drive what they give you!! In this case the Vettel camp max'd out what they had. Excellent

Easy Drifter
8th October 2007, 17:22
I believe that the customer engines are to the same spec as the factory engines by regulation. :p

OmarF1
8th October 2007, 18:36
Superb drive by Sebastian, Liuzzi did a great job by keeping Heidfeld in a BMW behind, I really hope Tonio to get a seat next year, Williams maybe?, but damn, I would like to see Glock in F1 too, many good drivers, just a few teams.

stevie_gerrard
8th October 2007, 19:29
Both did very well, happy for Vettel after his nightmare at Fuji, hes a good prospect for f1.