PDA

View Full Version : Vettel docked ten places again.

truefan72
6th October 2007, 13:03
WTH !
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/06102007/23/vettel-docked-ten-places.html

I would really like to see some concrete evidence of his infraction.

Ranger
6th October 2007, 13:06
It was 5 places.

Let's hope the stewards don't have to backflip on this one. :p :

truefan72
6th October 2007, 13:11
I see

who did he impede?

F1MAN2007
6th October 2007, 13:16
I am not suprised!

The stewards are the bosses and decision makers, so drivers have to shut it and drive

Ranger
It's a bit ambiguous on some sites who just say "another driver", but it was Kovalainen.

Vettel penalised for impeding Kovalainen

Just when Toro Rosso’s Sebastian Vettel had got his 10-place penalty from Fuji rescinded, the German rookie has found himself docked five places on the grid for Sunday’s Chinese Grand Prix.

The sanction followed a judgement by the stewards in Shanghai that found Vettel guilty of impeding Renault’s Heikki Kovalainen's best qualifying lap. Vettel had qualified 12th, but will now start 17th.

In a separate incident, Super Aguri’s Anthony Davidson was exonerated after a report that he undertook BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica in the pit lane during final free practice on Saturday morning.

The provisional grid for the Chinese Grand Prix:
1 Hamilton, 2 Raikkonen
3 Massa, 4 Alonso
5 Coulthard, 6 Schumacher
7 Webber, 8 Heidfeld
9 Kubica, 10 Button
11 Liuzzi, 12 Trulli
13 Kovalainen, 14 Davidson
15 Rosberg, 16 Barrichello
17 Vettel, 18 Fisichella
19 Wurz, 20 Sato
21 Sutil, 22 Yamamoto

From f1.com

Hopefully I'll be able to see it when qualy is broadcast tonight.

ICKE
These days you get punished for anything.

Ranger
6th October 2007, 13:20

Hah.

In light of Japan, that is pretty ironic. :\

Valve Bounce
6th October 2007, 13:28
It's a bit ambiguous on some sites who just say "another driver", but it was Kovalainen.

From f1.com

Hopefully I'll be able to see it when qualy is broadcast tonight.

Just watch the Rugby between the Wallabies and the Poms and don't fall asleep.

truefan72
6th October 2007, 13:29
it would have to be the most blatant and purposful blocking to warrant such a penalty. IMO just a lot of bitching by the Renault guys who once again chose a setup not conducive to the conditions.

Let's hope to see Vettel pass the Renaults in the race.

This is just another reason to loose faith in the purity of F1. In the past small incidental blockings would have been disicussed amongst drivers, but understood that it's part of racing, especially since they all leave it to the ver end and face 10-12 other cars on the track trying to do the same thing.

but nowadays everyone runs to uncle charlie and complains about their spilled milk. More often than not it is those temas that feel a sense of entitlement to the detriment of the Spykers, STR's and SAguri's

Mikeall
6th October 2007, 14:02
Super Aguri successfully got Fisichella moved back who impeded Yamamoto on his way to a certain 22nd position a few races back so it is two way traffic.

markabilly
6th October 2007, 15:50
it would have to be the most blatant and purposful blocking to warrant such a penalty. IMO just a lot of bitching by the Renault guys who once again chose a setup not conducive to the conditions.

Let's hope to see Vettel pass the Renaults in the race.

This is just another reason to loose faith in the purity of F1. In the past small incidental blockings would have been disicussed amongst drivers, but understood that it's part of racing, especially since they all leave it to the ver end and face 10-12 other cars on the track trying to do the same thing.

but nowadays everyone runs to uncle charlie and complains about their spilled milk. More often than not it is those temas that feel a sense of entitlement to the detriment of the Spykers, STR's and SAguri's
The crying for this season among drivers started by LH at Monaco, where the fia felt compelled to investigate the whining by goldielocks.....

markabilly
6th October 2007, 15:51
WTH !
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/06102007/23/vettel-docked-ten-places.html

I would really like to see some concrete evidence of his infraction.

you will have to wait until it comes out on U Tube

Kevincal
6th October 2007, 16:13

UNLESS you are Lewis Hamilton of course...

wmcot
6th October 2007, 22:44

Actually, these days SOME get punished for anything - SOME do not get punished no matter what they do!

wmcot
6th October 2007, 22:44
you will have to wait until it comes out on U Tube

But be quick before Bernie has it removed! ;)