PDA

View Full Version : Magny-Cours WSB - final round

patnicholls
5th October 2007, 23:08
Well, we've had the first day of action in France to wrap up the World Superbikes for this year.

JT is out to claim the crown at a track he goes well at, although that fall at Vallelunga last week has given Max and Nori a glimmer of hope. They need a spectacular weekend and James a very poor one to take the title, although stranger things have happened.

Supersport should as ever prove a good race, the championship has been the most one-sided ever (Kenan has twice the points of second-in-standings Fabien Foret) but behind the dominant rider it's been fun and games.

Superstock 1000 - which I mentioned in the Vallelunga thread - is a four-way title fight, with the protangonists all separated by just nine points. In fact, Mark Aitchison in fifth is 25 points behind but in theory could be joint top on points with a mathematical miracle, but hasn't won a race so would lose the title on countback even if such an unlikely event happened. My prayers regarding this series have been answered - it's on TV this week for any Brits/Europeans with Eurosport 2 - 9:30am in Britain or 10:30am in Europe. Am muchly looking forward to a live title slug-out.

Superstock 600 has already been sewn up by ex Supersport-er Maxime Berger, who will be looking to celebrate in front of his home fans.

Traditionally Magny-Cours produces excellent bike races (in contrast with its tepid F1 events, a bit like Barcelona).

ChrisS
6th October 2007, 00:09
It will take a lot for JT to lose this one, he can "cruise" both races and win the championship, hopefully he wont do that and he will fight for wins.

Bad news for me, I have no eurosport nor high speed internet to view the races :( so I will have to wait until mid week when my internet is sorted and find a way to download them.

maxu05
6th October 2007, 00:48
Chris, try Shareaza. I have downloaded all the rounds this year from there. It may take a few days to download, but the quality is A1. You just have to be patient with it, and leave your computer on all night and all day.

6th October 2007, 23:36
Nitro Nori 1 and 2 :s mokin:
What a fantastic year of racing this has been and now it's the final round. It is 11.30am sunday NZ time and nearly 12 hours before the first race, it's going to feel like forever!

ATF
7th October 2007, 15:34
Toseland wins the title...by 2 points!! Nori did the double so it was close - didn't see the races but JT prob did just what was needed in race 2!

jonny hurlock
7th October 2007, 15:38
king back on this throme, king james

maxu05
7th October 2007, 18:08
For 2008, James will begin school.

NinjaMaster
8th October 2007, 02:36
Nitro Nori 1 and 2 :s mokin:
What a fantastic year of racing this has been and now it's the final round. It is 11.30am sunday NZ time and nearly 12 hours before the first race, it's going to feel like forever!
Good get there Sue! :up:

Was a really good weekend of racing. The drama with Toseland and Lanzi in the first race and the battles that Corser had were really exciting and then wondering if JT could hold out the pack lining up behind him in the second race meant that the title went right down to the wire, not the foregone conclusion it appeared to be at the days start.
Congratulations to Toseland on a well deserved title. This one, I think, rates much higher than his first title as he has fought off a much higher quality of opposition. Well done also to the chasing pack, especially Haga, who really made James work for it and it makes me all the more excited for next year.

Excellent work by Kenan Sofuoglu who finished off his WSS career in style by taking a hard fought win ahead of a gallant Broc Parkes. You only had to see how close he came to crashing mid-race to know just how hard he was having to ride. Well done also to Broc Parkes for his strong finish to a wretched season that he still managed to finish second in the title ahead of a disappointing Foret. Craig Jones rode to a very impressive 3rd and will only get stronger next year you'd think. And if it wasn't for that boofhead commentator, Jonathon Green, I'd probably like him more.

Finally, congrats to Niccollo Canepa on taking the Superstock 1000 crown. Poor Claudio Corti has missed the title by about a tenth of a second! What a ripping championship.

tha_jackal
8th October 2007, 02:42
Westy finished 9th in the WSS championship after competing in 3 of the 13 races :D

NinjaMaster
8th October 2007, 02:45
Sensational! Pitt finished 17th from only 2 rounds. :up:

8th October 2007, 03:28
Fantastic end to the 2007 season. Well done James, you took that beast of a Honda by the scruff of the neck this year and showed it who was boss and you never gave up. A double for Nori, a champion in my eyes. His partnership with Troy Corser has been more successful than I would have predicted. NINJA- Would you believe that after such a long wait throughout sunday, I fell asleep about 8 laps from the finish of the second race - it was about 3am by then though. We'll be watching for your post after Phillip Is. Have a great time.

NinjaMaster
8th October 2007, 03:41
I know what you mean Sue, it was a battle to keep my eyes open too and that was a few hours earlier than you! I'll definately be giving a report on PI after next week, along with a few other fellas as well I'd say.

patnicholls
8th October 2007, 20:32
Finally, congrats to Niccollo Canepa on taking the Superstock 1000 crown. Poor Claudio Corti has missed the title by about a tenth of a second! What a ripping championship.

Seconded, I caught that race and was truly spectacular.

I'm now a big fan of Claudio Corti's style (see also: Garry McCoy, Craig Jones, etc) and it was a cliffhanger right to the line for the title. If the rumours are true it was also worth getting a look at Niccolo Canepa this year as he may be in WSB next year - good future planning by Ducati I think.

Also nice to see Ayrton Badovini - who's had no luck all year, I remember seeing him getting taken out of the lead by Pirro a lap from home at Donington in the season opener - finally getting a win on the MV Agusta. Would be good to see a couple of those in WSB in 2008, it's a great looking bike.