PDA

View Full Version : Cars in pukey colours

CarlMetro
3rd October 2007, 16:49
Why do people insist on buying cars in pukey colours?

Today, whilst driving down the M6 Toll is was passed by a Ferrari 355. A very nice car by anyone's standards, especially mine, but the tit driving it had seen it fitting to paint it Shocking Pink, the sort of pink suitable for a Barbie doll car :rolleyes:

I was also passed by a 911turbo in Sunrise Yellow and an RS4 Audi in a lime green type of colour :\

Are people that insecure that they have to not only have a car which says 'look at me' but have to make sure that you do so because of the colour?

jim mcglinchey
3rd October 2007, 18:36
Have you seen the Barbie pink Nissan Figaro. Theres one that I see most mornings on the way to work and its sseewwww weird, but I have to admire the drivers lack of self-consciousness

Daniel
3rd October 2007, 18:48
The 911 GT3 RS at work that's in that stupid orange colour. I don't know if I'd say yellow is an OTT colour for a Porsche though :)

GridGirl
3rd October 2007, 19:00
My personal hate is that snotty green colour thats neither green or yellow.

Doesn't Jordan/ Katie Price or whatever her name is have a barbie pink coloured Bentley. Thats just wrong. :s

Edited: I stand corrected, she has a pink Aston Martin, but it still equally as wrong.

Crypt
4th October 2007, 22:28
The 911 GT3 RS at work that's in that stupid orange colour. I don't know if I'd say yellow is an OTT colour for a Porsche though :)

That's called "Blood Orange" and you should worship the ground that car drives on :D

The bright colors on the new GT3 RS models are a throwback to the colors used on Porsche's racing cars in the late 60s and early 70s.