PDA

View Full Version : The silliest rumour ever heard

redson
3rd October 2007, 11:01
I've just read in Marca.com that McLaren is studying dividing in two teams next year. One team will have Prodrive license (managed by Ron with LF as driver) and Mercedes will keep actual license (can anybody explain what is this?) with FA and PdlR as drivers. It doesn´t mention that Mercedes should buy the rest of the McLaren team and that Prodrive is owned by David Richards and Ron Dennis should buy his shares. I guess in Marca offices people smoke funny cigards and while listening Bob Marley.

V12
3rd October 2007, 11:10
Unlikely, but then stranger things have happened...Richards has made no secret of his eagerness to become a McLaren 'B' team, which suggests to me he isn't taking Prodrive's F1 entry as seriously as when it was first mooted, before they won the right to take the 12th "slot :mad: "

SGWilko
3rd October 2007, 11:14
I've just read in Marca.com that McLaren is studying dividing in two teams next year. One team will have Prodrive license (managed by Ron with LF as driver) and Mercedes will keep actual license (can anybody explain what is this?) with FA and PdlR as drivers. It doesn´t mention that Mercedes should buy the rest of the McLaren team and that Prodrive is owned by David Richards and Ron Dennis should buy his shares. I guess in Marca offices people smoke funny cigards and while listening Bob Marley.

Sounds odd, but DR is yet to confirm his plans, because our friend Max is changing the goalposts for 'cusomer' teams once again. :arrows:

Ian McC
3rd October 2007, 12:18
I am sure they would prefer the team to be Mercedes rather than McCaren, I am surprised this didn't come out after the spy scandle.

tinchote
3rd October 2007, 12:38
Sounds like a complicated thing to do. One of those you cannot do in a couple months. So it's hard for me to imagine where they could have got that from. But it may happen eventually, a (top) team trying to run 4 cars instead of 2.

Donney
3rd October 2007, 13:10

I al ways repeat myself here but, don't trust what Marca or As say about F1 or any form of motorsport, they don't know the least of it, they don't care and they don't want to learn. They only want to sell more papers so they'll make news any stupid thing they hear.

Kevincal
3rd October 2007, 16:19
That's actually a very good idea imo... FA and LH have way too much talent to be on the same team. You could almost say the same about KR and FM, but not quite as I think Kimi has a distinct edge.

inimitablestoo
3rd October 2007, 20:05
One team will have Prodrive license (managed by Ron with LF as driver) Most of it sounds plausible, but why take the risk and run Luca Filippi? ;)

F1MAN2007
4th October 2007, 13:46
I al ways repeat myself here but, don't trust what Marca or As say about F1 or any form of motorsport, they don't know the least of it, they don't care and they don't want to learn. They only want to sell more papers so they'll make news any stupid thing they hear.

Maybe the same apply to British Media as well. They said the same thing quoting Marca.

OmarF1
4th October 2007, 19:27
Well, it is indeed a silly rumour. I personally believe that it would be easier, not cheaper, for Mercedes-Benz to buy all the McLaren shares and run it as an all-Mercedes team than to have a McLaren Prodrive-Mercedes and a Mercedes F1, or whatever, anyway, Mercedes owns 45% of McLaren's shares I think, Am I right or was it 55%? I don't know for sure.

donKey jote
4th October 2007, 21:32
That is precisely what the spanish press was speculating... Mercedes take over McLaren (which disappears so as not to pay fines ;) :p : ) and Banco Santander sponsors Alonso and De La Rosa in Mercedes. Ron and Hamilton go to Prodrive / Mercedes B / British Team, with Santander-owned "British" Abbey National as main sponsor...

A silly rumour indeed, but amusing :D