PDA

View Full Version : Rd 11 V8 Supercars - "THE BATHURST 1000"

Peter Vuko
2nd October 2007, 06:57
Its time for the greatest enduros of all - THE BATHURST 1000 !!! The title of "The KING of the MOUNTAIN" is once again up for grabs. In 2005 it was Homer & last year Vuko Snr took the crown. Who will it be this year????

QUALIFYING DETAILS:
Please read these carefully:
*FREE SET UPS for ALL entries EXCEPT for TYRE CHOICE
*TYRE SETTINGS: *Vuko Snr, BobZee, A.Sloma, Vuko Jnr, J.Brown & Hollydog954 MUST use 100% HARD TYRES.*dcr22B & J.Shell MUST use 50% MEDIUM TYRES( default) * tannat & real_illusions have FREE CHOICE of TYRE.*Any other entries must post their intention to race so that I can designate a tyre for them.
*Qualifying MUST be done in TIME-TRIAL MODE
*TIMES MUST be posted onto the Codies Hall of Fame & on this thread to be official.
*Qualifying ENDS next TUESDAY 8pm Aussie time.RESULTS of qualifying & DETAILS for the RACE will be announced straight after around 8.30pm.
START YOUR ENGINES GUYS!!!!

Will L
2nd October 2007, 08:09
good luck guys!

hollydog954
2nd October 2007, 09:43
thanks peter. this should be interesting. i will be in the 888 falcon

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd October 2007, 10:15
I've never really mastered Bathurst, but at every other track we have visited this season I have been much faster than I was last year.

Peter Vuko
2nd October 2007, 11:33
First Practice Session for Vuko Snr at Bathurst:
Current Bathurst & V8 Champion Vuko Snr was the first to hit the Mt Panorama course today in an unofficial session. His best time in the Supercheap Commodore was a 1m.41.86 which was well outside last years pole time of 1m.39.74 set by Vuko Jnr. Vuko Snr said that he doubted if anyone could get into the 39's this year because of the tyre constraints on the faster drivers."Last year we had default set ups but were allowed to use soft tyres in qualifying,however this year the front runners, although allowed to use free set ups, had to use 100% hard tyres - it makes a big difference!"
Tomorrow more drivers are expected to start posting times.

hollydog954
2nd October 2007, 14:29
had my first practise today with a unofficial time of 1.39.48.

real_illusions
2nd October 2007, 15:38
R_Illusions's car was unable to be at the circuit today, so, he decided before the track opened and anyone else got to the circuit, he was to walk around to refamilarise himself with the circuit. After about 4 hours, he never returned the pit lane. Rumours are that a kangeroo has kidnapped him and is looking to trade him in for bananas. The kangeroo is believed to be schizophrenic and mistakes himself for a monkey sometimes (hence the bananas). Although what we think is closer to the truth, is, that R_Illusions is secretly and cunningly making some underground tunnel of traps and mazes, with several diversions (including one to edinburgh castle in scotland) in the vain hope that he can finish on the podium in a V8 Supercar race this year. A 3rd and seemingly unlikely version developed by the press is that R_Illusions's team is trying borrow lewis hamiltons mclaren, uh..ferrari, uh..well, a mix of the 2, in another desperate attempt to get on the podium. All this is yet to be confirmed.

tannat
2nd October 2007, 18:30
R_Illusions's car was unable to be at the circuit today, so, he decided before the track opened and anyone else got to the circuit, he was to walk around to refamilarise himself with the circuit. After about 4 hours, he never returned the pit lane. Rumours are that a kangeroo has kidnapped him and is looking to trade him in for bananas. The kangeroo is believed to be schizophrenic and mistakes himself for a monkey sometimes (hence the bananas). Although what we think is closer to the truth, is, that R_Illusions is secretly and cunningly making some underground tunnel of traps and mazes, with several diversions (including one to edinburgh castle in scotland) in the vain hope that he can finish on the podium in a V8 Supercar race this year. A 3rd and seemingly unlikely version developed by the press is that R_Illusions's team is trying borrow lewis hamiltons mclaren, uh..ferrari, uh..well, a mix of the 2, in another desperate attempt to get on the podium. All this is yet to be confirmed.

He's away for a week and returns inspired... :D

Will L
2nd October 2007, 19:33
Hahaha!!!! wicked :D

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd October 2007, 23:03
Jonathan Brown arrived late at Bathurst today. It is believed that a Kangeroo wearing boxing gloves directed the Ford team lorry toward an underground tunnel. This afternoon the team was seen in Edinburgh looking very confused. What was thought to be the Conrod Straight turned out to be Princess Street. :s

Peter Vuko
2nd October 2007, 23:52
had my first practise today with a unofficial time of 1.39.48.

That's a very quick time on 100% Hard Tyres - faster than last years pole! I think we may have a new contender here!!

OFFICIAL TIMES:
The first official times are starting to be posted. The current best times are:
1. Vuko Snr.(Commodore).....1m.40.59s
2. dcr22B.(Ford)..................1m.45.13s

Plenty of time left.... I thought with the "hard tyres" that tour times would be slower but obviously I was wrong. Looks like 1m.39's will be needed to take pole. Lets get the times rolling in guys!

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd October 2007, 23:56
What if I can't beat my previous best time trail lap? I wouldn't be able to post my qualifying time on codies :s

Peter Vuko
3rd October 2007, 04:48
That could be a problem J.B!! In the Aussie version on PS2 the V8's are available from scratch without having to unlock & save - I just take my memory card out & play without it - when I get my best time on time trial I write out the code - no probs! I'm not sure if your version is the same?? I'm not sure about the PC guys??? Could I have some feed back please!

RobZee
3rd October 2007, 09:04
OFFICIAL TIMES:

1. BobZee (Ford)................1m.39.01s
2. Vuko Snr.(Commodore).....1m.40.59s
3. dcr22B.(Ford)..................1m.45.13s

Surprised myself with this one ! Felt awesome, after much tinkering with the setups.

http://au.codemasters.com/halloffame/display-hall.php?gameid=44&order=109&pageno=2

dcr22B
3rd October 2007, 09:04
There's a default time of 1m45.52 (not 100% sure of this) before you get a code on my PAL PS2 version.

I can't seem to get much more out of my 888 Falcon, can't understand where other drivers are getting 6-7s per lap out of me.

Any chance Peter, that you could PM me your set-up to see where I'm going wrong???

hollydog954
3rd October 2007, 09:40
very nice time rob. must have been in my slip :D

RobZee
3rd October 2007, 10:09
LOL, Holly. Have u posted your time on the Codemaster's Hall of Fame? You need to do this for your time to be official. Here is the link to the sign up page.

http://au.codemasters.com/codem/

I am evil Homer
3rd October 2007, 11:51
That could be a problem J.B!! In the Aussie version on PS2 the V8's are available from scratch without having to unlock & save - I just take my memory card out & play without it - when I get my best time on time trial I write out the code - no probs! I'm not sure if your version is the same?? I'm not sure about the PC guys??? Could I have some feed back please!

Yup in UK TRD3, the V8s are 5th in the "Touring Car" section that you have to unlock - you have to go through the Civcs, Clios and DTM to get to it! If you post a slower time than your best saved on the memory card you don't get a generated code for the Hall of Fame.

If I get time I'll try and take part...depends entirely on work and me finding the game disc under the junk!!

RobZee
3rd October 2007, 13:58
Great to see u on the forum, Homer! Hope to see u on the track as well.

hollydog954
3rd October 2007, 14:32
another trip to the track today with an official time of 1.38.74

Peter Vuko
3rd October 2007, 22:28
Looks like BobZee & Hollydog are the pace setters - all that online racing has obviously paid dividends. They are fast times considering we are using "hards!" I will have to do some serious tinkering to be competitive.Its good to see Homer back!!!! If you do compete Homer, you will be on 100% "Hards" tyres for qualifying.

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd October 2007, 22:33
I reckon i'll be lucky if I get into the 1:43's :(

tannat
3rd October 2007, 22:58
I reckon i'll be lucky if I get into the 1:43's :(

Yeah-you are probably wasting your time...

So go work on the results for the CMR2 event you hosted :p

Peter Vuko
4th October 2007, 03:49
OFFICIAL TIMES:
1. Hollydog954 (Ford)..........1m.38.74s
2. BobZee (Ford)................1m.39.01s
3. Vuko Snr.(Commodore).....1m.39.32s
4. dcr22B.(Ford).................1m.45.13s

The Commodore is getting faster but the Fords are setting the pace. Softened up the suspension & it has paid dividends. Great battle guys!! Vuko Jnr is hitting the track this afternoon - could be interesting!

Peter Vuko
4th October 2007, 04:13
Its Bathurst weekend. Weekend watching the big race. STAY TUNED on MONDAY - I will be announcing a little SURPRISE - just to make things a little interesting.......... until Monday, happy racing!!

Peter Vuko
4th October 2007, 06:51
OFFICIAL TIMES:
1. Hollydog954 (Ford)............1m.38.74s
2. BobZee (Ford)...................1m.39.01s
3. Vuko Snr(Commodore)......1m.39.32s
4. Vuko Jnr (Commodore)......1m.39.86s
5. dcr22B.(Ford).....................1m.45.13s

Vuko Jnr showing some pace in his first session.

I am evil Homer
4th October 2007, 09:46
How many laps are you guys doing on hards to get those times?!!? Man, I managed about 7-8 laps last night, using my general set-up and got to 1:41.66. Might play around with brake and suspension settings to see if it helps - I think i'm running the Falcon too hard and low.

Can't post it on the Codies Hall though cos my fastest ever lap is about 1.3 faster so no code. Not that I'll be challenging for pole with that pace from the leaders. Wowzer :)

I hope to compete in the race.

dcr22B
4th October 2007, 09:50
How many laps are you guys doing on hards to get those times?!!? Man, I managed about 7-8 laps last night, using my general set-up and got to 1:41.66. Might play around with brake and suspension settings to see if it helps - I think i'm running the Falcon too hard and low.

Can't post it on the Codies Hall though cos my fastest ever lap is about 1.3 faster so no code. Not that I'll be challenging for pole with that pace from the leaders. Wowzer :)

I hope to compete in the race.

Great to have you back once again, Geoff.

I'm going to soften up my Falcon as I've been running the settings that I've used at the other tracks but I find it's not helping with turn in and the car just feels a nadge too stiff.

real_illusions
4th October 2007, 11:57
R_Illusions has mysteriously re-appeared in the pits and paddock area...and seems to have an irational fear of anything kangeroo shaped. No-one from the team is speaking about it.

Out on track in unofficial practise on default settings, he posted a 1:53 after a few laps.

Hopefully going to start work on setups and a qualifying time of some sort. Rumours have it that the team are going to use a calender during the race to measure the time rather than a stopwatch...

Brown, Jon Brow
4th October 2007, 12:13
Yeah-you are probably wasting your time...

So go work on the results for the CMR2 event you hosted :p

Forgot about that :dozey:

Brown, Jon Brow
4th October 2007, 12:15
R_Illusions has mysteriously re-appeared in the pits and paddock area...and seems to have an irational fear of anything kangeroo shaped. No-one from the team is speaking about it.

Out on track in unofficial practise on default settings, he posted a 1:53 after a few laps.

Are you still walking the lap?

Adam Sloma
4th October 2007, 13:04
1. Hollydog954 (Ford)...........1m.38.74s
2. BobZee (Ford).................1m.39.01s
3. Vuko Snr(Commodore).......1m.39.32s
4. Adam Sloma (Ford)...........1m.39.73s
5. Vuko Jnr (Commodore).......1m.39.86s
6. dcr22B.(Ford)...................1m.45.13s

Brown, Jon Brow
4th October 2007, 17:15
6. JonBrown........................1m.41.62s
7. dcr22B.(Ford)...................1m.45.13s

Found some speed but still can't do the downhill mountain section :mad:

johnny shell
4th October 2007, 20:16
hit the track today for what will probably be my only qualifying session for this round. WHAT a track!

6. JonBrown........................1m.41.62s
7. Johnny Shell (Ford)...........1m 42.23s
8. dcr22B.(Ford)...................1m.45.13s

I'll be out from 10/6 - 10/13. Hope the race deadline allows me to get the race in when I get back!

real_illusions
4th October 2007, 21:56
Are you still walking the lap?

i was in my car and the engine was running (or so i was told)....

hollydog954
4th October 2007, 22:05
back out on the track yesterday for another practise. the 888 falcon is working well. posted a time of 1.38.49.

tannat
6th October 2007, 12:28
I probably will not get an 'official'. Did 3 timed laps and got a 1:47.06, but I wll be unable to do another session.

At least I'm faster than last years time by 1.75 seconds. Braking waay to late at several points on the circuit..

dcr22B
7th October 2007, 12:17
I'm down to a 1m44.15s, will have the code input later on this evening.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th October 2007, 19:48
I've got another 1/2 second off my time but there isn't any point submitting it.

Peter Vuko
8th October 2007, 07:28
I told you there would be a SURPRISE......here it is:
The TOP 5 qualifying drivers will be involved in a SHOOTOUT!!! At 8pm tomorrow night the top 5 will be announced - then a SHOOTOUT until Wednesday night 8pm will commence. In the SHOOTOUT -TYRE choice will be FREE - that means you can use soft tyres. YOU can only post ONE TIME. The time MUST be posted onto Codies & the thread to be official. NO times after 8pm Aussie time will be accepted! You still have time to get into the Shootout!! Details for the race will also go up tomorrow night.

Top Qualifying Times so far:
1. Hollydog954 (Ford)...........1m.38.49s
6. JonBrown(Ford)................1m.41.62s
7. Homer(Ford)....................1m.41.66s (unofficial)
8. Johnny Shell (Ford)...........1m 42.23s
9. dcr22B.(Ford)..................1m.44.16s(unofficia l)
10. Tannat(Commodore)........1m.47.06s(unofficial)

dcr22B
9th October 2007, 08:57
I'm down to a 1m44.15s, will have the code input later on this evening.

Forgot to get the code from the PS2 last night so I'll stay on 1m45.13s, not that I had a hope in hell of making the shootout in any case.

Adam Sloma
9th October 2007, 10:57
1. Adam Sloma (Ford)...........1m.37.46s
2. Hollydog954 (Ford)...........1m.38.49s
3. BobZee (Ford).................1m.39.01s
4. Vuko Snr(Commodore).......1m.39.32s
10. Tannat(Commodore)........1m.47.06s(unofficial)

Peter Vuko
9th October 2007, 11:31
The TOP 5 for the SHOOTOUT has been slugged out:

1. Adam Sloma (Ford)...........1m.37.46s
2. Hollydog954 (Ford)...........1m.38.49s
3.Vuko Jnr(Commodore)........1m.38.96s
4. BobZee (Ford).................1m.39.01s
5. Vuko Snr(Commodore).......1m.39.32s

10. Tannat(Commodore)........1m.47.06s(unofficial)[/QUOTE]

What a time by Sloma on "Hard Tyres!!" What will he do on softs??
THE SHOOTOUT RULES:
*Free set ups & Tyre Choice - no boosts or cheats allowed!
*You have until 8pm TOMORROW NIGHT( Wed) to post your time on Codies & the thread.
*You can only post ONE TIME!!....GO FOR IT GUYS!!!!!!

RACE DETAILS:
*LENGTH: 50 laps
*A.I: set to Custom 110%
*TYRES: The top 5 drivers: Sloma,Hollydog,Vuko Jnr & Snr & BobZee MUST use 100% HARDS... the rest of the field has FREE CHOICE.
*PIT STOPS: set to Mandatory...you MUST take ONE Pit stop at least.
*Dangerous Driving & Cutting Corners OFF.
*GRID POSITIONS: The TOP 5 Drivers: Sloma,Hollydog,Vuko Jnr & Snr & BobZee to START at the BACK of the GRID.......J.Brown, Homer & J.Shell to START in the MIDDLE of the GRID......Tannat & dcr22B to START at the FRONT of the GRID.
*TIMES: due next TUESDAY 16th October at Midnight.

This will be a tough enduro - pit stop tactics could play a major part!!!

dcr22B
9th October 2007, 12:47
This will be a tough enduro - pit stop tactics could play a major part!!!

It kind of plays into the hands of the frontrunners in a way as we'll have to use hardish compund tyres in any case to negate having to pit regularly.

Will do my race this evening I think and see how I get on, I'm going to record it on a video tape as well for the craic!

Adam Sloma
9th October 2007, 19:10
1m:36.16s

Brown, Jon Brow
9th October 2007, 19:22
I attempted a 15 lap practice race starting from 12th and couldn't get passed lap 3 with being involved in a crash :mad: It is incredibly tricky to drive these cars in the 'pack'. Especially when the slipstream of the other cars causes you to lose all your downforce at critical moments.

Peter Vuko
9th October 2007, 23:17
The SHOOTOUT!!!
Adam Sloma has given the Aussie guys something to shoot for in the Shootout posting a remarkable 1m.36.16s. Can any of the Aussie drivers compete with this?? Find out tonight!

In terms of the RACE - J.B has already stated how difficult it will be but this is the nature this race - it is supposed to be tough!! Anyone got any idea of how long "HARD" tyres will last - this will be a key - how many pit stops & when to pit.

RobZee
10th October 2007, 10:07
1.37.66 in the shootout, nowhere near the "flying Pole"

Now for the 50 lapper ! I am thinking that 2 pitstops will be needed, even on 100% tyres. I did the same as JB, had a short race with the AI on 110%. Those cars are tough to pass !
Best of luck to everyone in this marathon event.

dcr22B
10th October 2007, 10:34
A headsup for the rest of us, 85% tyres will only get you 14 laps (on my set up anyway). Tried it in a test race last week so may have to go closer to the full 100% to get a 2 stop strategy to work.

hollydog954
10th October 2007, 11:08
best i could to is a 1.37.57

Peter Vuko
10th October 2007, 11:32
THE SHOOTOUT:
*The first car to hit the track was V8 Champion & last years winner Vuko Snr. He comfortably beat his best qualifying time by well over a second posting a.......... 1m.37.91s
*BobZee was next in the Ford - a scintilating lap!! posting a......1m.37.66s
*Vuko Jnr came out all guns blazing - down the straight he was just ahead of BobZee's time but on the last corner he took a little too much ripple strip........posting a ....1m.37.77s
*Next out was newcomer Hollydog954. He set the track alight with a lap always on the limit - posting a.....1m.37.57s.
*Last out was the Polish champion, Adam Sloma. The big question was could the Pole handle the pressure. He answered his critics the only way Sloma knows how - drive the balls off his Ford - posting an incredible...1m.36.16s!!!
SHOOTOUT PTS:
1.A.Sloma.. Ford........5pts
2.Hollydog 954..Ford..4pts
3.BobZee..Ford..........3pts
4.Vuko Jnr..Holden......2pts
5.Vuko Snr..Holden.......1pt
The Fords taking the top 3 places - a little like last Sunday at the real race!!! BUT the RACE is the BIG one - and it will be a beauty. Can people when posting their times to me, please also include your pit stop laps & any other interesting bits so I can make a decent commentary. Lets GO guys!!!

I am evil Homer
10th October 2007, 14:36
DCR - totally agree it has to be a 2 stopper...yes that means more time in the pits, but the tyre wear more than makes up for it.

dcr22B
10th October 2007, 15:17
Didn't get a chance to do my race last night and may not get enough time to do it until Tuesday of next week which will make me miss the deadline (Peter, I'll have the times submitted by midnight Irish time which is 9am on the Wednesday morning).

Believe it or not, I'm organising my wedding which is a year away but so many things book out well in advance here in Ireland so you have to be quick on the button.

The one upside to the wedding is that I'm going to next year's Bathurst 1000 when I'm on Australia on my honeymoon (got the approval from the fiancée no problem whatsoever and it was mentioned on Panelbeaters a few weeks back by the Desparate Duo Cromley and Matthew White. Jason Richards stated that he wants an invite but he's a Holden driver, I'm a Ford man through and through so he'll have to beg!).

Peter Vuko
10th October 2007, 23:47
That's fine dcr22B - I won't do the results until Wednsday evening! You should "pop in" during your visit to Aussie - if you are going down the Sth Coast you have a place to stay if you like.

Peter Vuko
11th October 2007, 08:26
Just had my first practice from starting at the BACK of the grid.....its the toughest racing I have done playing these games!! If anyone of the guys starting from the back wins this race they deserve the title of King of the mountain - the 50 laps on 110% is going to be so draining....one thing for people to keep in mind is fuel...you will need to take on some fuel during the race - the one tank I don't think will last 50 laps - I think one tank is enough for about 30 laps?? not sure but something to think about as we venture into the unknown..

dcr22B
11th October 2007, 09:08
one thing for people to keep in mind is fuel...you will need to take on some fuel during the race - the one tank I don't think will last 50 laps - I think one tank is enough for about 30 laps?? not sure but something to think about as we venture into the unknown..

When I did my practice run last week, I managed to get 32 laps out of a tank.

It's unfortunate that in the game you must use full tanks from the start. It eliminates strategy and no doubt puts you at a disadvantage against the AI who may not necessarily have full fuel loads.

Brown, Jon Brow
11th October 2007, 11:45
The most difficult thing I find when driving in the pack with the A.I cars is that there slipstream cause your car to lose downforce. The worst time for it to happen is when you are going downhill the 'Dipper' and 'Esses'.

I think in the race I 'm going to drive relatively conservative to protect hte car and not try to barge my way to 1st at the end of lap 1. When the field spreads out a little you can pick off one or two cars a lap, especially around 'Murrays'' and 'Hell corner' as the A.I break way too early.

dcr22B
12th October 2007, 09:23
I did a 50 lap dry run on Hard AI to get a feel for the T8 Falcon around the Mountain and I was pleasantly surprised at the consistency of my lap times never falling out of the same second. Still reckon I need to find some pace for my real race but the tyres are becoming a limiting factor and the full fuel load at the start of the race is really irksome.

May I also add my best wishes to all drivers as the 50 laps is a real tester and I found myself making a lot of errors in the final 7-8 laps so it'll be an early night for me next Monday night in anticipation fo doing my race Tuesday night!

dcr22B
12th October 2007, 09:24
That's fine dcr22B - I won't do the results until Wednsday evening! You should "pop in" during your visit to Aussie - if you are going down the Sth Coast you have a place to stay if you like.

Thanks Peter, think it'll be Sydney and Cairns for the Oz leg of our honeymoon, want to spend most of the honeymoon in NZ!

dcr22B
16th October 2007, 09:37
Just done my race there, consistent but hardly set the world alight I feel.

Brown, Jon Brow
16th October 2007, 10:13
I haven't got my race done yet due to being called into work recently :mad:

I did a 50 lap practice race and it was going fine until about lap 40 when I had a small crash and damaged the engine. This meant I couldn't stay ahead of the cars I'd lapped and one of them spun me on the Conrod straight, forcing me to make a pit stop 5 laps from the end. As a result I only came home in 2nd place :s

Brown, Jon Brow
16th October 2007, 11:16
Ahead of his race, Jonny Brown was hoping to do to Aussies what another famous English Jonny :erm: had done to them a few weeks ago (and 4 years ago :p )

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44160000/jpg/_44160845_wilkinsonpenalty203.jpg

RobZee
16th October 2007, 13:38
Lol JB.... but I won't remind u of the last Ashes series ! :D

tannat
16th October 2007, 14:45
I'll be absent this round. Don't think there is any way I can get 90 minutes + alone at the console.

See you guys at Donington...

Brown, Jon Brow
16th October 2007, 14:49
Lol JB.... but I won't remind u of the last Ashes series ! :D

I think we need more cricketers called Johnny :s

Peter Vuko
16th October 2007, 23:18
Just waiting on Johnny Shell's time - I know he is back - I 'll give him until around 7pm Aussie time tonight(Wed) to get them in. We've got 7 times in so far - only tannat & Homer are missing from the qualifying - heard from tannat but not from homer - results tonight!!!

JackDaStrippa
17th October 2007, 11:20
is it still posible for me to come into this race ?
or is it to late? :)
JackDaStrippa

I am evil Homer
17th October 2007, 11:23
Sorry guys but work have been manic - 12 hour days - so I haven't had time to do the race. Hope to take part in a round soon though.

Peter Vuko
17th October 2007, 11:34
THE BATHURST 1000 RESULTS:
This 50 lap enduro was a marathon!! The mountain yet again proved to be tough to tame & took its toll on every driver - not one escaping some sort of trouble or damage!
Seven drivers braved the elements - 5 Fords & only 2 Holdens: dcr22B starting at the front, followed by J.B in the middle & the 5 backmarkers - Sloma, BobZee, Hollydog954 & the Vuko boys. When the flag dropped dcr22B was swamped by J.B who led the field up the mtn for the first time. On his tail was the flying pole Sloma & Hollydog. BobZee & the Vuko boys were content to sit in behind & not get caught in the silly stuff!! Sloma took the lead from J.B & Hollydog on lap 4.... the action was fast & furious with cars touching & bumping....side mirrors disappearing...bonnets changing shape...yellow lights appearing all over place on the dashboard............
The first to pit were BobZee & Vuko Jnr on lap 15 followed by Hollydog on lap16 & Vuko Snr,dcr22B on lap17. Sloma who had built up good lead pitted on lap18 along with J.B........By the half way mark the race had settled ....Sloma held a 30sec lead over Hollydog & a further 30secs back were BobZee & Vuko Snr who had been toe to toe the whole race. Vuko Jnr & J.B were just behind the pace of these guys & dcr22B was finding it difficult to match the front runners. On lap 30 Hollydog pitted, nearly out of fuel...he was going to have to make his last set of tyres last 20 laps...out in front Sloma was doing it comfortably..he set his F/L on lap37...but then on lap 38 he hit he wall & severely damaged his engine!!! Could Sloma nurse his car to the finish?? Hollydog started to peg Sloma back ...but his tyres were starting to go off..BobZee & Vuko Snr were the big movers..Vuko Snr had moved into 3rd place with a string of consistently quick laps but BobZee set the track alight when on lap39 he set the F/L for the race...a 1m.39.30s...Vuko Jnr & J.B had a good scrap but on lap 40 J.B hit the wall & this slowed the Brit down..........coming to the last few laps, the question was ..could Sloma get his sick car home...Hollydog was closing...but...he too was in trouble with tyres & scrapes, not to mention a yellow engine....... the title of King of the Mountain going to the polish ace Adam Sloma!!!!
RESULTS:
1.Sloma(Ford)............1hr.26m.16s......30pts
2.Hollydog954(Ford)...1hr.26m.28s......26pts
3.BobZee(Ford)...........1hr.27m.13s......24pts
4.Vuko Snr(Holden)....1hr.27m.15s.....22pts
5.Vuko Jnr(Holden).....1hr.27m.37s......20pts
6.J.B.(Ford)...............1hr.28m.15s.......18pts
7.dcr22B(Ford)..........1hr.29.51s.........16pts
A great race guys!!!! I found this one tough but really enjoyable. Well done to the Fords - the top 3 places - just like in the real race!! Don't get too cocky though....because the Holden still leads the series....Ill put up the current standings later.

RobZee
17th October 2007, 11:49
OH NO !! How do you say "King of the Mountain" in Polish?? ;) lol
Well done, Adam and a great first up result for Hollydog !
Hope you Holden drivers enjoyed all of that Ford exhaust smoke. :D

hollydog954
17th October 2007, 11:53
that was a hard and long race but enjoyable. weel done to all. can't wait for the next one

johnny shell
17th October 2007, 13:22
holy **** - one and a half hours???

man I wish I could have run that. but I'm still in the process of moving into my new wife's house and don't have my ps2 set up yet :( *

Peter Vuko
18th October 2007, 12:11
V8 SUPERCAR STANDINGS AFTER Rd11:
1.Vuko Snr (Holden).......328
2.BobZee (Ford)............279
3.J.Brown (Ford)............252
4.Vuko Jnr (Holden)........244
5.dcr22B(Ford)..............196
6.A.Sloma (Ford)............174
7.J.Shell (Ford)..............157
8.real_illusions(Ford).......106
9.tannat (Holden)...........100
10.Homer (Ford)...............79
11.Hollydog954(Ford)........30
A predominence of Fords in the series..but the Holden is winning the series!!!!!! Only two Rds left...hard to see Vuko Snr losing the title...great battle for 2nd & 3rd spots!!!!
Good to see some new guys joining......great effort by Hollydog...Jack da stripper you are welcome to join next Rd at Donington...stay in tune!

Adam Sloma
18th October 2007, 12:46
Wow! I'm the King :champion: Nice :D

And that's how I do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXXG1iqT6v0

johnny shell
18th October 2007, 18:45
JB was 2nd to last????

was there a chili peppers concert the night before or something old buddy?

Brown, Jon Brow
20th October 2007, 20:11
JB was 2nd to last????

was there a chili peppers concert the night before or something old buddy?

Nope, just a lot of faster drivers in front of me ;)