PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best helmet?

Ranger
2nd October 2007, 01:14
Slightly trivial topic in light of a contraversial weekend, but who has the best helmet in F1? (F1 drivers only).

For me it's Kubica. You can tell who it is from a mile away. :up:
http://www.derapate.it/img/robertkubicahelmetcasco.jpg

Then Hamilton:
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/SPORT/07/12/why.sponsor/art.jw1.gi.jpg

Then JB:
http://www.thef1grid.com/images/helmets/2004/PH2004button%5B01%5D.jpg

Crypt
2nd October 2007, 01:28
Kimi.

Rollo
2nd October 2007, 01:30
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/03/06/f1-2007-preview-helmets/

Since a helmet is one's identity, to change it is somewhat odd don't you think? Ther best helmets are often the simplest, and to this end, Coulthard's Wurz's and Speed's instantly shout out where they come from.

Liuzzi's though is a laugh riot. I vote for his :D

Ranger
2nd October 2007, 01:38
Kimi.
Yep, I meant to add that one in but I can't find a decent pic of his '07 helmet without that crappy barcode all over it.

Albers' helmet was pretty good - I like the black and orange thing going.

Hawkmoon
2nd October 2007, 02:42
I like Raikkonen's new design, especially from front on. It looks almost robotic, or like something out of Star Wars. Very cool!

Barrichello's has to be the most boring. I give him credit for not changing it like some of the others do but, come on Rubens, is that the best you can do?

Anyone know why Alonso changed his design? Was it to avoid a clash with Hamilton as his old helmet was predominantly yellow, like Hamilton's.

ShiftingGears
2nd October 2007, 02:51
Definitely Kubica. Particularly because its distinctive and doesn't have that irritating white strip around the top of the helmet.
Worst is Trulli's, especially at Fuji. I was rather glad that it was too complex to be seen while the car was moving.

RJL25
2nd October 2007, 04:51
coulthards colin mcrae tribute helmet was awesome. other then that i like truli's chrome dome

leopard
2nd October 2007, 05:19
Both BMW helmets are fine, subsequently Heikki and Kimi if need be

Hawkmoon
2nd October 2007, 07:01
coulthards colin mcrae tribute helmet was awesome. other then that i like truli's chrome dome

He was going to do his helmet up like McRae's but I didn't think McRae had a unique helmet design. Don't rally drivers usually were a helmet in team colours?

raikk
2nd October 2007, 07:27
Trulli, Kimi's Heikki's and both BMW's have good helmets.... worst helmet goes to Mark Webber me thinks..

millencolin
2nd October 2007, 07:50
i like bright colours on helmets because im slightly colourblind, so when a driver has bright colours on his helmet i can reconise them....

Helmets with yellow on them rock... i can see them easily
Webber - i can see teh yellow bit on the top easily
Hamiltons is easy, as is ralfs and massas

Trulli is easy to see as its one colour, and it looks cool inside that toyota

teams like renault, toro rosso, Super Aguri and honda, theyre drivers helmets are a bit hard for me to see from a middle-long range... they looks the same :P so thats why i love bright colours

but as for actual design... i say trullis. its simple and it does the trick. and Ant's helmet looks rad from side on

rohanweb
2nd October 2007, 08:57
Lewis Hamilton's Helmet..

it reminds me of Legend Ayrton Senna..

LH also oncourse to become a Legend of F1

jens
2nd October 2007, 14:56
I liked the helmets of Albers and Speed, but alas they are not racing any more in F1. Among current drivers' I really don't know, whose I like most...

Gerrard
2nd October 2007, 19:00
I liked the helmets of Kimi and Alonso.

Garry Walker
2nd October 2007, 20:49
Ralf

Corny
2nd October 2007, 20:56
He was going to do his helmet up like McRae's but I didn't think McRae had a unique helmet design. Don't rally drivers usually were a helmet in team colours?

McRae weared a full-Scottish-flag-helmet..
But David had a black helmet on sunday didn't he?

fandango
2nd October 2007, 22:22
You'd have to say Alonso, because even after a shunt, he gets on the back of a scooter in the wet, with a rider whose skills or lack of same are unknown to him, and he's still protected with his helmet on his lap....

Sleeper
2nd October 2007, 22:34
Buttons, Kubicas, Hamiltons are my favourits.

Lalo
2nd October 2007, 22:44
Kubica's helmet is one of the bests in the sport. I live very much Fernando's helmet from when he was in Renault in 2006. Hamilton's reminds me Ayrton Senna, so it's in my top helmet list :)