PDA

View Full Version : Pitstop of FA decides this race

markabilly
1st October 2007, 13:54
Interesting how no one has noticed or commentedhow the pitstop of FA compared to LH really contributed to the result...may be it was accidental or maybe it was deliberate, but in any event, the FA pit takes longer, and FA gets dumped behind a pack cars where as LH has a perfect in and out...ahead of the same pack....real smooth by RD if deliberate as it seems to have slipped on by....

eventually the contact and a few laps later, FA is out.....

:vader:

Mark
1st October 2007, 14:05
Alonso : 38.483
Hamilton : 38.286

So you are talking 2 tenths of a second, I think that's well inside the normal variability for a pit stop. Presumably you are trying to suggest McLaren deliberately delayed Alonso?

So the question is, if Alonsos stop had taken the same time as Hamiltons, would he have cleared the traffic?

Flat.tyres
1st October 2007, 14:07
Did it take longer? I was looking at the times and it seemed to be the same to me.

Don't let logic and facts get in the way of talking rubbish otherwise the forum will die out :D

Mintexmemory
1st October 2007, 14:25
Don't let logic and facts get in the way of talking rubbish otherwise the forum will die out :D

Most English fans agree with Sir Stirling, LH is a phenomenal talent the like of which rarely comes along
I can see that as Alonso is Spain's only current World class sportsman (given the Nadal second to Federer, underachieving golfers and lack of decent soccer performances scenario) the Spanish fans are desperate for FA's dominance to carry on unchallenged.
Scots and Welsh Brits will see LH as an English driver and hence decry him at every opportunity.
NZs, Cobbers and the few SAs left south of the equator (most of them have stumped up in East London, and I do mean the cold rainy one) use 'smug' as a similie for English
American fans tend to associate with there original points of origin (Italy,Germany)
What about the rest of you though? Could some of the vitriol aimed at Lewis be not be owing to his 'smugness' or for some darker reason
(Well someone had to ask it)

ShiftingGears
1st October 2007, 14:32
Most English fans agree with Sir Stirling, LH is a phenomenal talent the like of which rarely comes along
I can see that as Alonso is Spain's only current World class sportsman (given the Nadal second to Federer, underachieving golfers and lack of decent soccer performances scenario) the Spanish fans are desperate for FA's dominance to carry on unchallenged.

Dani Pedrosa is another world class sportsman from Spain.

Mintexmemory
1st October 2007, 14:40
Dani Pedrosa is another world class sportsman from Spain.
Actually Catalonia (certainly matters to Catalans) and not the 'Champ' in MotoGP

Gerrard
1st October 2007, 14:56
Actually Catalonia (certainly matters to Catalans) and not the 'Champ' in MotoGP

For your information Catalonia is Spain.
And Pedrosa is 3 times world champion.

Flat.tyres
1st October 2007, 14:57

And Wales is part of the UK. Just don't tell the Cat's that they're Spannish. ;)

markabilly
1st October 2007, 14:58

So you are talking 2 tenths of a second, I think that's well inside the normal variability for a pit stop. Presumably you are trying to suggest McLaren deliberately delayed Alonso?

So the question is, if Alonsos stop had taken the same time as Hamiltons, would he have cleared the traffic?

I lack the complete times that you have, i am basing it upon the time stopped as shown by that great thing known as speed tv or whatever...

as to deliberate ...the stop could have been shortened even if it meant a quick stop at the end, to keep FA position ahead of the pack....unless one were not so concerned about that one particular teammate ...and it would have been a very smooth move if unnoticed by the rest of the world.

Mind you, I am not pulling for either of these two as wdc......but this race was far from over when that happenned and effectively put LH way ahead :s mokin:

Indeed, since I have beeen predicting an LH WDC from months ago, I would sure hate it if at the end, someone else pooped up as WDC....
once again, another race maybe even the championship decided by a pitstop.....

Mintexmemory
1st October 2007, 15:01
Not Currently and not in the formula that matters!
Definitely Catalonian and if you don't believe that matters, go and say as much at the top of your voice in Castillian in the middle of Place Catalunya or Las Ramblas

Flat.tyres
1st October 2007, 15:08
Indeed, since I have beeen predicting an LH WDC from months ago, I would sure hate it if at the end, someone else pooped up as WDC....
once again, another race maybe even the championship decided by a pitstop.....

Well, it's quite easy to predict the current leader as probable champion ;) There's no conspiracy there :D

As for the length of the pit stop, they would have had to cut the pit stop by about 2 seconds (from memory) to get him out and that would have left him very short fuelled and may have done more damage.

They have a lot of data for predictions calculation and decided this was the optimum strategy. It is unlikely he would have caught and passed LH anyway seeing as he struggled with slower drivers so they did the right thing.

markabilly
1st October 2007, 15:18
Well, it's quite easy to predict the current leader as probable champion ;) There's no conspiracy there :D

As for the length of the pit stop, they would have had to cut the pit stop by about 2 seconds (from memory) to get him out and that would have left him very short fuelled and may have done more damage.

They have a lot of data for predictions calculation and decided this was the optimum strategy. It is unlikely he would have caught and passed LH anyway seeing as he struggled with slower drivers so they did the right thing.

I was predicting it from before LH was leading the wdc

That stop could NOT have done more damage than a short one followed by a splash and dash at the end.....

And the short stop, with a quick splash and dash at then very end, is used all the time, watched them do it with MS repeatedly
\
Splash and dash is even more called for where the choice is stuck behind traffic in miserable conditions, or splash and dash esp. if the safety car comes out again or if the race is red flaggged, or if the track suddenly dried out to the point of manddating tire changes along with some extra gas....it is an absolute winner for FA, and it might have even put him out in front of LH (real reason it was NOT used, I think) ......

now compare that to what actually happenned, and FA is dead meat....

Race over and maybe the wdc is now decided by the pitstop..... :eek:

trumperZ06
1st October 2007, 15:34
:dozey: My oh My... some here are a "Suspicious Lot" !!!

ioan
1st October 2007, 17:22
:dozey: My oh My... some here are a "Suspicious Lot" !!!

Not that you weren't one a few seasons ago! ;)

yodasarmpit
1st October 2007, 17:30
To suggest a splash and dash at the end would have been a good idea, seems a bit odd.
It would assume that FA would get out before the pack, overtake LH and gain a 35 second lead over him to be able to come in at the end for a splash and dash with the hope of a win.

That is a very unlikely scenario, it would appear they made the correct choice, just bad luck that FA was just a little too slow before the pit stop.

McLaren

redson
1st October 2007, 18:01

I don't care a thing about nothing more than motorsport, so don't say Spaniards (as me) are worried about LH putting things hard for Fernando. But you have to admit that uncle Ron would prefer that this WDC was won by his protege instead of FA

Flat.tyres
1st October 2007, 18:26
I was predicting it from before LH was leading the wdc

Link Please

That stop could NOT have done more damage than a short one followed by a splash and dash at the end.....

Link Please

WDC has been decided by a better driver. Sorry :p :

donKey jote
1st October 2007, 20:59
Interesting how no one has noticed or commentedhow the pitstop of FA compared to LH really contributed to the result...may be it was accidental or maybe it was deliberate, but in any event, the FA pit takes longer, and FA gets dumped behind a pack cars where as LH has a perfect in and out...ahead of the same pack....real smooth by RD if deliberate as it seems to have slipped on by....

FA only has himself to blame this time, fortunately ;) :p :

He was trying too hard, like at the beginning of the season... in a sense, he let the pressure get to him, unfortunately :(

His race was decided by him having a brief off track moment at precisely the wrong moment - I think on his in lap or just before - that cost him the couple of seconds that led to him getting caught up in the traffic.
It was all downhill from there.

In a way I'm glad that, after/due to Fuji, Lewis at least got to win the WDC "cleanly"... I can accept that far easier than if it had been due to dodgy team calls or whinging to the marshals.
Alonso has had a very uncharacteristic season with too many mistakes. Time to turn the page. :)

I just hope he still has a competitive car next season. And after Lewis' comments about preferring Alonso not to be at McLaren next year, I honestly hope he stays and puts things back where they belong.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Mintexmemory
1st October 2007, 22:12
I don't care a thing about nothing more than motorsport, so don't say Spaniards (as me) are worried about LH putting things hard for Fernando. But you have to admit that uncle Ron would prefer that this WDC was won by his protege instead of FA

My own opinion is that FA is a brilliant driver and was responsible for Schuey deciding to quit when he did.
However he never expected to find a rookie that is just as brilliant as he is (if not more so). He was given the team support with no challenge from LH at Monaco but increasingly felt he had to establish a precedence over Hamilton by briefing the media rather than letting his driving do the talking.

Finally, holding his team boss to ransom over the e-mail fiasco ended all his increasingly useless efforts to beat Hamilton without having to deal with him in an equal car
If not giving FA preference since Monza amounts to favouring Hamilton then Ron is guilty, wouldn't you do more than that if you'd been stabbed in the back
As a man of honour Alonso should resign from Mclaren at the end of the season and go back to bullying Renault's No2 :)

tinchote
1st October 2007, 22:41
Fact #1: there was nothing strange in FA's pitstop

Fact #2: he lost time by himself, by sliding out on a corner and also not being able to keep up with LH (the difference was +3secs at the time of the stops)

Fact #3: the team is running a simulation in real time during the race, and so they always know what the optimum strategy is (assumming no driver cockup)

Fact #4: Markabilly is too paranoid.

rohanweb
2nd October 2007, 09:12

I thought LH had over 3 seconds of lead from FA, when FA came to the pits.
and the thread starter's points is baseless upon RD has done a politics!!!

Dave B
2nd October 2007, 09:51
If you want a dodgy pitstop, what about the one which ensured Massa wouldn't finish ahead of Kimi? ;)

Mark
2nd October 2007, 09:55
I thought LH had over 3 seconds of lead from FA, when FA came to the pits.
and the thread starter's points is baseless upon RD has done a politics!!!

Indeed he did, but the OP was suggesting that the only reason Alonso didn't win was because he was held up in the pits. Well clearly since he only lost 1/10th a second in the pits and as you say was already trailing by 3 seconds I don't think any criticism can be laid at McLarens door on this occasion.

The fact is that if Alonso had been keeping up with Hamilton, they would have both cleared the traffic.

leopard
2nd October 2007, 10:08
Hamilton might have better talent than Alonso, but the way Mclaren manage Alonso's pit which usually takes longer than Hamilton lately have contributed to the result and have destroyed Alonso mentally.

Mintexmemory
2nd October 2007, 10:52
Hamilton might have better talent than Alonso, but the way Mclaren manage Alonso's pit which usually takes longer than Hamilton lately have contributed to the result and have destroyed Alonso mentally.
Statistics please. I think you'll find that there is damn all difference. Just because you'd like it to be true doesn't make it so ;)

Flat.tyres
2nd October 2007, 11:14
Statistics please. I think you'll find that there is damn all difference. Just because you'd like it to be true doesn't make it so ;)

Fact #4: Markabilly is too paranoid.

Now then, now then. What do I keep saying about trying to use facts and logic in the battle against biast opinions. It'll never work I tell you, never :laugh:

BTW, couldn't agree more with these two points.

Mark
2nd October 2007, 11:27

No problems ;)

Turkey
Alonso 29.495 26.802
Hamilton 29.570 31.079 (Alonso 2 / Hamilton 0)
Italy
Alonso 29.868 27.245
Hamilton 30.805 27.428 (Alsono 2 / Hamilton 0)
Belgium
Alonso 29.380 25.612
Hamilton 29.378 26.032 (Alonso 1 / Hamilton 1)
Japan
Alonso 38.483
Hamilton 38.286 (Alonso 0 / Hamilton 1)

Going back as far as Turkey (which counts as 'recently'). Alonso's stops have been faster than Hamiltons on 5 occasions, and slower than Hamiltons on 2 occasions.

Flat.tyres
2nd October 2007, 11:37
No problems ;)

Turkey
Alonso 29.495 26.802
Hamilton 29.570 31.079 (Alonso 2 / Hamilton 0)
Italy
Alonso 29.868 27.245
Hamilton 30.805 27.428 (Alsono 2 / Hamilton 0)
Belgium
Alonso 29.380 25.612
Hamilton 29.378 26.032 (Alonso 1 / Hamilton 1)
Japan
Alonso 38.483
Hamilton 38.286 (Alonso 0 / Hamilton 1)
Going back as far as Turkey (which counts as 'recently'). Alonso's stops have been faster than Hamiltons on 5 occasions, and slower than Hamiltons on 2 occasions.

But everyone knows that Ron, Max and Bernie are sabotaging Alonso for Golden boy and $$$$$$$ don't they ;)

Mintexmemory
2nd October 2007, 12:21
At last the pin of truth pricks the bloated paunch of prejudice :p :
Think my sarcasm detector just went FSD after Flat's last post

Please all anti Lewis F1 fans (an oxymoron if ever I saw one), next time you shoot from the hip make sure the gun isn't still in the vertical position :)

ShiftingGears
2nd October 2007, 12:58
Please all anti Lewis F1 fans (an oxymoron if ever I saw one)

Don't be foolish.

markabilly
2nd October 2007, 14:01
Indeed he did, but the OP was suggesting that the only reason Alonso didn't win was because he was held up in the pits. Well clearly since he only lost 1/10th a second in the pits and as you say was already trailing by 3 seconds I don't think any criticism can be laid at McLarens door on this occasion.

The fact is that if Alonso had been keeping up with Hamilton, they would have both cleared the traffic.

It is not about one-tenth of a second....

If Kimi or Massa had been leading, and LH was no where to be seen, the smart move by MAc, is to short fill FA, and try to get him in front of Kimi or Massa--regardless of all that....

The track is wet, the race may end early, conditions may change resulting in additional pit stops for everyone..........

One does not dump him behind traffic where all chances for a victory evaporate (okay in the rain, evaporation is not a problem)

And I am not paranoid, I am just following the money$$$$$$$$$, and personally could care less about which one wins the wdc, but just following the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and by doing so, been right about the second hearing one hundred percent, and so far been right about the WDC for months---although Bernie may not get his wish about a last lap crash at the last race deciding the wdc--- :mad:

funny if China decides this, i think bernie will be unhappy because he figures all the tv cash will not be coming in like it would otherwise be for the final race...... :(

tinchote
2nd October 2007, 14:30
It is not about one-tenth of a second....

If Kimi or Massa had been leading, and LH was no where to be seen, the smart move by MAc, is to short fill FA, and try to get him in front of Kimi or Massa--regardless of all that....

The track is wet, the race may end early, conditions may change resulting in additional pit stops for everyone..........

One does not dump him behind traffic where all chances for a victory evaporate (okay in the rain, evaporation is not a problem)

And I am not paranoid, I am just following the money$$$$$$$$$, and personally could care less about which one wins the wdc, but just following the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and by doing so, been right about the second hearing one hundred percent, and so far been right about the WDC for months---although Bernie may not get his wish about a last lap crash at the last race deciding the wdc--- :mad:

funny if China decides this, i think bernie will be unhappy because he figures all the tv cash will not be coming in like it would otherwise be for the final race...... :(

I can't believe you are saying this. Had they "short-stopped" him, he would have needed another stop and you would be crying foul all over the place. Stop being paranoid. Stop whinning :mad:

trumperZ06
2nd October 2007, 14:42
I can't believe you are saying this. Had they "short-stopped" him, he would have needed another stop and you would be crying foul all over the place. Stop being paranoid. Stop whinning :mad:

:D Good Post !!! :D

;) We do have a Suspicious lot... expecting RD to assure FA's demise.

But it looks like... Alonso's doing it on his own.

:s mokin:

markabilly
2nd October 2007, 15:04

Fact--He was dumped behind traffic

Fact- 7 to 8 seconds of fill puts him ahead of the pack

Fact-a member of the pack bumps him

Fact-Unless LH also short stops, then LH is now behind FA and FA has the advantage of LH being forced to follow in the spray

Fact-many a driver has been short-filled to prevent such as this from happenning or to gain the same advantage

Speculation-- a second pitstop necessary?? the 7 to 8 seconds might have seen him to the end, especially if the race stopped early, SC or whatever.

Face it--- I think not much of freddie the blackmailer, but I am just not gullible enough to drink the kool aid and believe this stuff--

live your illusions if the reality is too tough to face

Flat.tyres
2nd October 2007, 16:29

Fact-Unless LH also short stops, then LH is now behind FA and FA has the advantage of LH being forced to follow in the spray

Fact-many a driver has been short-filled to prevent such as this from happenning or to gain the same advantage

Speculation-- a second pitstop necessary?? the 7 to 8 seconds might have seen him to the end, especially if the race stopped early, SC or whatever.

Face it--- I think not much of freddie the blackmailer, but I am just not gullible enough to drink the kool aid and believe this stuff--

Fact - If my Aunty had balls, she would be my Uncle.

Now, isn't it time to get back to the faked Moon Landings forum :rolleyes:

SGWilko
2nd October 2007, 16:38

Wow, you sure know your stuff fella. I'd send your CV to Ferrari, they need a strategist like you right now (like a hole in the head!) :D

You can take some of that carbonated cyanide stuff with you as well if you like, but I hear the preferred tipple may be Grappa.

W8&C
2nd October 2007, 16:49
...live your illusions if the reality is too tough to faceYou´re not paranoid, you´re completely right!

But you forgot to mention, that all this stuff is orchestrated by Ron Dennis AND the FIA from the very first moment on, when Alonso signed his contract in 2005. They planned to make it look like Alonso is favoured until Monaco, they decided to make a certain employee to disperse a mysterious white powder over certain red cars, they planned to make an english housewife to do the copyshop thing, decided to have a wannabe No. 1 Spaniard to blackmail his team, and already at that time in 05 they knew about the weather in Fuji and decided to make a drama with the first pit stop. And why? Only to favour a young black Golden Boy and to get a certain WDC beaten by a ROOKIE! Alonso agreed by earning 20 Mios, the FIA for earning 100 Mios, Ron for feeling like being the real big shot, Bernie for having F1 discussed in every newspaper and gettin´ higher TV quotes and the kool aid industry for increasing their sales. And to be honest, they already planned, that a certain markabilly will follow all that $$$$$$$ and reveal all this secrets.

Thats true conspiracy! So go on with your well profounded investigation. You might find even more sensations!

markabilly
2nd October 2007, 19:47
Wow, you sure know your stuff fella. I'd send your CV to Ferrari, they need a strategist like you right now (like a hole in the head!) :D

You can take some of that carbonated cyanide stuff with you as well if you like, but I hear the preferred tipple may be Grappa.

Well at least i would be checking out my emails and what is going on out on the grid, before sending my drivers out per the ferrari boys at Japan...or being sure that Massa has enough gas to make it down the pitlane....but they got so many holes now, another would not matter :D

Mintexmemory
2nd October 2007, 19:51
Don't be foolish.
If you really like F1 then surely you can allow that FA and LH are both fine drivers, what's so foolish about that. Or do you think an oxymoron is an idiot with a rash? :)

markabilly
2nd October 2007, 19:57
I thought it was so smooth no one would notice but now planet hoollywood or what whatever has RD's excuses;http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2770842,00.html

Me, I think the freddie blackmailer does not deserve a another wdc but RD does deserve a little payback....

and many many years from now, RD may whisper in freddie or some other ear about freddie.......yeah you may have cost me a 100 million dollars....but remember japan? strange how that worked out...... :rotflmao:

Garry Walker
2nd October 2007, 21:06
I lack the complete times that you have, i am basing it upon the time stopped as shown by that great thing known as speed tv or whatever...

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2007/784/6451/pit_stop_summary.html

Measured by computers, whereas the pitstop times where they actually stop are measured by HUMANS, therefor can easily have mistakes in them. Alonso fans are so funny when they cry.

as to deliberate ...the stop could have been shortened even if it meant a quick stop at the end, to keep FA position ahead of the pack
So that he would need to stop again on a track where the pitstop took particulary long?
Besides that, Alonso struggled to keep pace with the pack and lost time to them, he wasnt held up.

....unless one were not so concerned about that one particular teammate ...and it would have been a very smooth move if unnoticed by the rest of the world.crazy talk, embarrasing to read such filth.

I was predicting it from before LH was leading the wdcHe has lead it since the 4th race of the year, and shared lead since 3rd race of the season. So when were you predicting it?

LOL

And the short stop, with a quick splash and dash at then very end, is used all the time, watched them do it with MS repeatedly
A short stop at a track with a long pitstraight. It would have cost Alonso 25 seconds and putten him in a very risky position if a SC appeared.

Splash and dash is even more called for where the choice is stuck behind traffic in miserable conditions, or splash and dash esp. if the safety car comes out again or if the race is red flaggged, or if the track suddenly dried out to the point of manddating tire changes along with some extra gas....it is an absolute winner for FA, and it might have even put him out in front of LH (real reason it was NOT used, I think) ...... FA never was stuck in traffic, He was slower than the cars ahead of him and even got overtaken.
If FA had been given less fuel than needed to make to the end of the race, his fans would still be insulting the intelligence of everyone by crying a river, as you are doing here.

Serious question - Do you not get embarrased by posting such stuff? I would.

Fact--He was dumped behind traffic Shame there never was traffic for him, as he lost time to them at once and if he had gotten out in front of them, likelyhood of him having an accident would only have increased

Fact- 7 to 8 seconds of fill puts him ahead of the pack And makes him have too little fuel to make it to the end and the SC phase would have meant he would have finished outside the podium (SC would have taken away all his advantage and it didnt stay long enough to help him with fuel

Vettel was nowhere near Alonso after Alonsos pitstop, Alonso simply drove very slowly. Besides that, Vettel didnt spin Alonso out, Alonso did that.

Fact-Unless LH also short stops, then LH is now behind FA and FA has the advantage of LH being forced to follow in the spray Alonso would have needed a 4 second shorter stop, a crazy tactic in such a race.

Fact-many a driver has been short-filled to prevent such as this from happenning or to gain the same advantage Examples please.
The gain from short-fuelling would be to get a driver in front of another driver if that driver is quicker and was before stuck. Alonso was always slower than The Golden Boy.

Speculation-- a second pitstop necessary?? the 7 to 8 seconds might have seen him to the end, especially if the race stopped early, SC or whatever. funny, if he had been given too little fuel to make it to the end and had to make a pitstop at the end, you would be crying about that. Crazy.

but I am just not gullible enough to drink the kool aid and believe this stuff-- Yes, I envy your cleverness.

:rotflmao:

markabilly
2nd October 2007, 22:18
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2007/784/6451/pit_stop_summary.html

Measured by computers, whereas the pitstop times where they actually stop are measured by HUMANS, therefor can easily have mistakes in them. Alonso fans are so funny when they cry.

So that he would need to stop again on a track where the pitstop took particulary long?
Besides that, Alonso struggled to keep pace with the pack and lost time to them, he wasnt held up.

crazy talk, embarrasing to read such filth.

He has lead it since the 4th race of the year, and shared lead since 3rd race of the season. So when were you predicting it?

LOL

A short stop at a track with a long pitstraight. It would have cost Alonso 25 seconds and putten him in a very risky position if a SC appeared.

FA never was stuck in traffic, He was slower than the cars ahead of him and even got overtaken.
If FA had been given less fuel than needed to make to the end of the race, his fans would still be insulting the intelligence of everyone by crying a river, as you are doing here.

Serious question - Do you not get embarrased by posting such stuff? I would.

Shame there never was traffic for him, as he lost time to them at once and if he had gotten out in front of them, likelyhood of him having an accident would only have increased

And makes him have too little fuel to make it to the end and the SC phase would have meant he would have finished outside the podium (SC would have taken away all his advantage and it didnt stay long enough to help him with fuel

Vettel was nowhere near Alonso after Alonsos pitstop, Alonso simply drove very slowly. Besides that, Vettel didnt spin Alonso out, Alonso did that.

Alonso would have needed a 4 second shorter stop, a crazy tactic in such a race.

Examples please.
The gain from short-fuelling would be to get a driver in front of another driver if that driver is quicker and was before stuck. Alonso was always slower than The Golden Boy.

funny, if he had been given too little fuel to make it to the end and had to make a pitstop at the end, you would be crying about that. Crazy.

Yes, I envy your cleverness.

:rotflmao:

ANOTHER apology for a tainted champion!!!!! :love: ain't love sweet.......me thinks the lady doth protesth too much

Mark
3rd October 2007, 08:19
Did you even read his posts?

Flat.tyres
3rd October 2007, 08:39

I think it best just to ignore this fool Mark. Any idiot could understand Garrys logic which made perfect sense :s hock:

I think our little friend is a Koolaholic in denial ;)

Valve Bounce
3rd October 2007, 14:25

:vader:

Did you notice that Elvis was the lollipop man on Fernando's car for his pit stops?

SGWilko
3rd October 2007, 15:04
Did you notice that Elvis was the lollipop man on Fernando's car for his pit stops?

And yeee haaaaaa, Billy the Kid on the left front tyre gun, rootin' tootin' air gun-tastic! :D

Sorry, I could not resist.

markabilly
3rd October 2007, 15:17

Of course--I thought everyone saw that, ----he was looking straight to LH's poppa and watching for the signal from him to raise the paddle while he counted with his fingers......

Garry Walker
3rd October 2007, 22:55

I am sure he did and he knows he has been throughly humiliated in this thread by some posters. I wasnt expecting him to come up with anything better anyway, but I did destroy his posts for the amusement of myself and the crowd.

markabilly
4th October 2007, 00:22
I am sure he did and he knows he has been throughly humiliated in this thread by some posters. I wasnt expecting him to come up with anything better anyway, but I did destroy his posts for the amusement of myself and the crowd.

Opps I did not know--this is suppose to be a serious high school debate, so I guess I will now have to take the gloves off....

Please provide me a link to back up everything that you said on 2nd Oct 07, 15:06

markabilly
4th October 2007, 00:28

I tried but they were too boring.......

markabilly
4th October 2007, 00:46

Actually I forgot to add that you are right, them ferrari fellas obviously are way ahead of me and anybody else!!

Opps Link please?

Okay, what dc had to say; http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2775609,00.html

Still say my strategy would have worked much better than dumping him in traffic........

leopard
4th October 2007, 08:08
My post could mean last 2 races which obviously LH had quicker pitstop 2-1 than FA ;)

leopard
4th October 2007, 08:50
At last the pin of truth pricks the bloated paunch of prejudice :p :
Think my sarcasm detector just went FSD after Flat's last post

Please all anti Lewis F1 fans (an oxymoron if ever I saw one), next time you shoot from the hip make sure the gun isn't still in the vertical position :)

Have a nice day :)

Mintexmemory
4th October 2007, 09:09
;)
Have a nice day :)

ShiftingGears
4th October 2007, 10:46
If you really like F1 then surely you can allow that FA and LH are both fine drivers, what's so foolish about that. Or do you think an oxymoron is an idiot with a rash? :)

It's possible to dislike fine drivers ;)

OTA
4th October 2007, 13:55
I don't think a pit stop decided the outcome even if it were to be(I personally don't think so) a bit dubious.
From Aus LH has been phenomenal almost every time he has jump in the car, while FA has been phenomenal but not quite as much(indeed i can remember a few times were he has made blatant mistakes). As simple as that for me. May be next year(or in the next 2 races) things can change, but as of today LH has been the best driver of the 22 imo.

Another subject is what has been going on inside Mac this year, but imo FA or anyone for that matter should know that what really counts is what you do when the clock is ticking, and that is precisely what LH has done.

Cheers
David

Garry Walker
5th October 2007, 12:47
Opps I did not know--this is suppose to be a serious high school debate, so I guess I will now have to take the gloves off....

Please provide me a link to back up everything that you said on 2nd Oct 07, 15:06

I will provide a link to all of my claims the moment you prove you are able to debate at a level higher than that of a 9 year old boy. Otherwise I see no reason why to waste my time on destroying you even more than I already have, darling.

markabilly
5th October 2007, 14:37
I will provide a link to all of my claims the moment you prove you are able to debate at a level higher than that of a 9 year old boy. Otherwise I see no reason why to waste my time on destroying you even more than I already have, darling.

No I will rise to the level of our new soon to be WDC:

"If I've been in the wrong, I've been the first to put my hand up, or apologise at least, and I don't mind being given a penalty but there's been some really strange situations this year where I'm made to look the bad person.......

"It's just a shame for the sport and if this is the way it's going to keep going then it's probably not somewhere I really want to be."

So there!!!!
:love: