PDA

View Full Version : How much do youl like the look of Fuji Speedway?

FIA
30th September 2007, 19:47
How much do youl like the look of Fuji Speedway?

I love the look of the track, First Sector and Second Sector great excitement. Third sector looked good, didn't like the chicane, but other corners looked great.

Knocker69
30th September 2007, 19:55
Bring back Suzuka!

Jag_Warrior
30th September 2007, 19:56
I liked what I could see from the track map. Today all I could see was fog and water. I have Friday practice on Tivo. When I watch that, maybe it'll give a better idea of what sort of potential the venue has for good racing.

Corny
30th September 2007, 20:23
it was not bad, but Suzuka is better

jens
30th September 2007, 20:26
Maybe it's good that we had a race at Fuji this time. At least it rained, I'm not sure if it was raining at Suzuka at the same time. :p :

call_me_andrew
30th September 2007, 22:26
Aside from that one chicane, I liked the track.

Ranger
1st October 2007, 00:01
Pretty good, I thought. The mountain thing helps with weather, too - which can't be a bad thing in F1 nowadays.

ShiftingGears
1st October 2007, 01:21
Chicane wrecks it - the rest is pretty enjoyable.

Whyzars
1st October 2007, 02:53
Fuji is a wonderful track for F1 but not at the expense of Suzuka.

Keep Fuji, bring back Suzuka and lose the Hungaroring from the calendar.

Just my humble opinion of course...

mstillhere
1st October 2007, 03:57
How much do youl like the look of Fuji Speedway?

I love the look of the track, First Sector and Second Sector great excitement. Third sector looked good, didn't like the chicane, but other corners looked great.

Horrible track and horrible time of the year chosen for a race. Who's idea was it to organize this race during the Japanese moonson season? Whoever that is, he/she must be truly a genious.

ShiftingGears
1st October 2007, 04:02
Fuji is a wonderful track for F1 but not at the expense of Suzuka.

Keep Fuji, bring back Suzuka and lose the Hungaroring from the calendar.

Just my humble opinion of course...

I'd ditch Hockenheim instead...the Hungaroring has flow, at the very least. The drivers seem to enjoy it. Tilke's Hockenheim is like Bathurst without the mountain.

N. Jones
1st October 2007, 04:25
I'd ditch Hockenheim instead...the Hungaroring has flow, at the very least. The drivers seem to enjoy it. Tilke's Hockenheim is like Bathurst without the mountain.

I agree.
Fuji was exciting due to the rain (and considering it is situated in the mountains I think we can see that happen more often).

Mark
1st October 2007, 07:40
Reminds me of Aida, remember that track?

FIA
1st October 2007, 13:05
Reminds me of Aida, remember that track?

Was Aida a good track?

Mark
1st October 2007, 13:36
Aida wasn't really liked, but I think mostly because it was in the middle of nowhere with bad facilities. Personally I quite liked it.

nigelred5
1st October 2007, 13:40
I wasn't real impressed. Even in dry practice I just didn't like the track.
I think it was turn three that seemd to screw up everyone.
I'd ditch that chicane in a heartbeat. The last section is too slow as it is and I didn't see that it created any passing opportunities rain or dry. The main straight is just too long. As Peter Windsor said, the most exciting corners on the track were the turns into the pit lane. I'll give it another chance for a dry race, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim from what I've seen of the local weather patterns.

Suzuka is a far more exciting track. At least they are going to rotate the race.

wedge
1st October 2007, 14:28
Aida wasn't really liked, but I think mostly because it was in the middle of nowhere with bad facilities. Personally I quite liked it.

That is one of the worst tracks ever! Typical mid-90s mickey mouse/glorified kart track.

It was narrow, tight and twisty and therefore like Hungaroring it was a bore-fest.

At least with Fuji the cars have to run a compromising set-up - therefore more onus on mechanical grip, wide and multiple lines and huge braking zones.

My only complaint is that the track is too short. I read an interview with Tilke not too long ago, he said when it comes to designing new tracks, he and the track owners have to fight for every square metre.

Everyone knows whats wrong with F1 cars and single seaters in general and yet the easiest solution so far have been adding large braking zones on race tracks.

ShiftingGears
1st October 2007, 14:33
Everyone knows whats wrong with F1 cars and single seaters in general and yet the easiest solution so far have been adding large braking zones on race tracks.

And it is in no way the best solution.

Mark
1st October 2007, 14:47
Although the tarmac runoff areas have improved the racing IMO. That together with anti-stall means that if a driver makes a mistake and doesn't hit anything, they can usually continue. A few years ago they would be stuck in the gravel and that's that.

BobbyC
1st October 2007, 19:16
The main shape differs from the original Fuji layout because of the complex at the end of the circuit replacing the signature long curve at the end of the track.

msaxman
1st October 2007, 20:38
Horrible track and horrible time of the year chosen for a race. Who's idea was it to organize this race during the Japanese moonson season? Whoever that is, he/she must be truly a genious.

well, they can't throw it in the middle of the summer, between two european grand prix. the travel costs would be ridiculous. think logistics. it was a good race.

K-Pu
1st October 2007, 23:55
I like Fuji, but I donīt like itīs layout. In fact, I love seeing the scenario bur racing there... not may good turns.