PDA

View Full Version : Foggy scraps WSBK return.

jonny hurlock
28th September 2007, 19:13
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~5~id~155056.htm

oh crap!

ChrisS
28th September 2007, 19:35
I said in the wsbk 2008 thread that this wasnt going to happen

"However, we hoped that the combination of my team... ...would have been an attractive proposition for potential sponsors

LOL yeah, I'm sure the wasted Petronas millions and all the riders cursing the moment they agreed to ride for that team makes Foggy Racing an attractive proposition

fireblade1000
28th September 2007, 21:06
Still hoping to see MV's in superkikes next year but with which team?

Will roberts come to wsbk on MV's as rumored or will one of the current temas take up the opportunity of facotry bikes.

patnicholls
29th September 2007, 01:49
Ah, the age-old chestnut.

The (rumoured) British team that is press-manipulated into fact far too before it's actually confirmed, then doesn't happen.

What a shame.

NinjaMaster
1st October 2007, 13:58
Ah, the age-old chestnut.

The (rumoured) British team that is press-manipulated into fact far too before it's actually confirmed, then doesn't happen.

What a shame.
Ilmor anyone?

Hopefully Roberts can get enough support together to run the team competitively because I'd love to see that delectable MV on the grid. So long as they don't destroy the look of it with a paint job like their MotoGP bike...

patnicholls
1st October 2007, 22:56
Will, Ilmor made it to the grid at least.

I was referring to the fatal error of announcing a team before the sponsorship is confirmed - see also Winona WCM's stillborn 250cc effort for this year.

Seem a very British thing to do, unfortunately...

And, yeah I like the look of the MV - it's not gone too badly in America this year, or in European Superstock 1000 (despite Ayrton Badovini having no luck whatsoever, he won three races on it in 2006). They've actually scored a point this year in WSB (just the one point!), Christian Zaiser did some races earlier in the season.

NinjaMaster
2nd October 2007, 09:18
Also on the subject of MV, they are racing in the Australian Superbike Championship next year with Kev Curtain after testing the waters with Brendan Clarke at the end of this year. They also have a WSB spec bike for him to ride at the Phillip Island round of WSB. That could be very interesting.

tha_jackal
2nd October 2007, 10:49
Thats posted in the rumour mill Ninja :)

ArmchairBikeFan
2nd October 2007, 10:52
Depends on their definition of WSB spec, since you can just about put slicks on a Superstock machine and conform with World Superbike rules. Hopefully it'll be all tuned up so we can get a decent look at how good the MV really is.

NinjaMaster
2nd October 2007, 14:25
Thats posted in the rumour mill Ninja :)
I read this thread first. Anyway, I expanded on it further. :p