PDA

View Full Version : Todt to Toyota rumour

seppefan
27th September 2007, 16:53
If Jean Todt and Massa join Toyota will the FIA check the new Toyota has no Ferrari similarities...

27th September 2007, 16:56
If Jean Todt and Massa join Toyota will the FIA check the new Toyota has no Ferrari similarities...

Only if that Chinese bird out of 'Tomorrow Never Dies' walks into a photocopy shop with a 780 page docment.

ioan
27th September 2007, 17:05

Who said Jean Todt wants to go to Toyota?

You name your thread "Todt to Toyota rumour" but I see no source for your rumor.

Dave B
27th September 2007, 17:13
It's no less credible than all the other rumours floating around at the moment, including Alonso to Ferrari, Ralf to Red Bull, Button to McLaren, Elvis to Toro Roso, Lord Lucan to Prodrive or the Ghost of Christmas Past to a reformed Andrea Moda.

jens
27th September 2007, 22:53
I'd really like to see Jean Todt at Toyota - and of course in that case he should be given enough freedom to make decisions. Since he joined Ferrari back in 1993 they started going upwards...

If that rumour only has some truth... :angel:

BeansBeansBeans
27th September 2007, 23:05
It's no less credible than all the other rumours floating around at the moment, including Alonso to Ferrari, Ralf to Red Bull, Button to McLaren, Elvis to Toro Roso, Lord Lucan to Prodrive or the Ghost of Christmas Past to a reformed Andrea Moda.

Don't joke Dave.

I pine for the return of Andrea Moda. With Farique Hariuman at the wheel...

ShiftingGears
28th September 2007, 02:56

You name your thread "Todt to Toyota rumour" but I see no source for your rumor.

Daily Mail reports it. So you can take it with a grain of salt :p :

Hondo
28th September 2007, 03:45
I knew Lord Lucan would turn up again one day.

leopard
28th September 2007, 04:10

It might be misspelt of "Todt to Toyota murmur"

SGWilko
28th September 2007, 13:51
How about - Todt to dissapear up his own backside?

redson
28th September 2007, 14:00

Scuderia Minardi will come back powered by Skoda and with Giovanni Lavaggi and Hideki Noda at the wheel

DonnieDarco
28th September 2007, 14:41
It's being said that Todt may well be leaving Ferrari due to differences with Luca de whotsit, and that's why Alonso might be going there. So yeah, Todt to Toyota seems credible, if that's the case.

Ranger
29th September 2007, 01:13
It's being said that Todt may well be leaving Ferrari due to differences with Luca de whotsit, and that's why Alonso might be going there. So yeah, Todt to Toyota seems credible, if that's the case.
But then again, he'd probably be fired and replaced by a Japanese executive whilst on the brink of success, like Gascoyne was. :p :

Toyota still won't go anywhere without an organisational reshuffle. Besides, their whole team is managed by a Japanese guy who only first visited the Toyota factory in Cologne at the start of this year. Speaks volumes IMO.

29th September 2007, 09:32
But then again, he'd probably be fired and replaced by a Japanese executive whilst on the brink of success, like Gascoyne was. :p :

Toyota still won't go anywhere without an organisational reshuffle. Besides, their whole team is managed by a Japanese guy who only first visited the Toyota factory in Cologne at the start of this year. Speaks volumes IMO.

A few weeks ago I had a chat with a former employee of the Toyota F1 team (I can't mention his name but let's just say that the new orange-coloured car he has designed is a vast improvement) and the opinion I got after that chat was that, so long as Toyota run their team as an extension of the car division and not as a totally seperate entity in terms of philosophy, then all they will ever do is piss money down the drain.

If Todt, or for that matter Flavio or Sir Frank or Ron Dennis, ever went to Toyota then it wouldn't change anything unless Toyota were willing to let the guy run it the way he wanted to run it.

V12
29th September 2007, 14:11
A few weeks ago I had a chat with a former employee of the Toyota F1 team (I can't mention his name but let's just say that the new orange-coloured car he has designed is a vast improvement) and the opinion I got after that chat was that, so long as Toyota run their team as an extension of the car division and not as a totally seperate entity in terms of philosophy, then all they will ever do is piss money down the drain.

If Todt, or for that matter Flavio or Sir Frank or Ron Dennis, ever went to Toyota then it wouldn't change anything unless Toyota were willing to let the guy run it the way he wanted to run it.

Funnily enough I reckon that Toyota's best shot of success will be to close up the F1 team, throw their lot in with Williams and let Sir Frank and his boys just get on with it.....like that will ever happen!