PDA

View Full Version : Yet a-NO-THER one for eh-key

Dave B
26th September 2007, 12:59
George Bush gave a rare insight into his struggle with pronunciation yesterday when the White House mistakenly released an unedited script of his speech to the UN General Assembly.

The President, famous for mangling the pronunciation of “nuclear”, coining words such as “misunderestimate” and once forgetting the name of President Musharraf of Pakistan, gets a phonetic guide to key foreign names, the text reveals.

Mr Bush is coached not only on far-flung foreign places such as “KEYR-geez-stan” but also the name of his new French ally, President “sar-KO-zee”. He received no aid with the pronunciation of the Burmese opposition leader, and duly stumbled when he tried to pronounce “Aung San Suu Kyi”.

Full story:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2533473.ece

:p

leopard
27th September 2007, 06:03
No wonder :p :

oily oaf
27th September 2007, 06:15
Don't be too hard on him Dave. I bet you'd struggle with your phonetics if you were waging an all out war on Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

It's high time you took a good long look in the mirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad:

Drew
27th September 2007, 12:29
Don't be too hard on him Dave. I bet you'd struggle with your phonetics if you were waging an all out war on Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

I never got what old Terry did wrong. I always thought he did a good job on the eurovision