PDA

View Full Version : Mosley: Jackie Stewart is a halfwit

jonny hurlock
25th September 2007, 15:32
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~154922.htm

I think Max Mosley needs to be in a old folks home,for saying that, he going nutty as a fruit cake saying that

gm99
25th September 2007, 16:45
For someone who always likes to present himself as diplomatic, those are very rude words from Mosley, indeed.

Just another proof that Max can't cope with criticism too well.

He might no agree with JYS, but there is no need to attack him on such a personal level.

Flat.tyres
25th September 2007, 16:47
Allegations that he is attitude to Scuderiais not sufficiently impartial were also, unsurprisingly, rubbished: "If Ferrari's chief designer had 780 pages of McLaren secrets and I didn't act then there might be a point to the argument."

I can see this comment from Max coming back to bite him ;)

trumperZ06
25th September 2007, 16:58
:p : Mad Max is starting to crack !!!

;) The press, other F-1 teams, and the court of public opinion are questioning his actions against McLaren.

Mad Max's personal vendetta against Ron Dennis is oblivious and has created a stench that will follow Maxie...

likely resulting in...

forcing him to resign from the FIA.

:s mokin:

Sleeper
25th September 2007, 16:58
See my coment in the other MM thread, the same applies here.

Flat.tyres
25th September 2007, 17:03
See my coment in the other MM thread, the same applies here.

Too late, the phantom merger has been at work again ;)

Max is digging and can't stop. He's sealing his fate and F1 should rejoice.

Sleeper
25th September 2007, 17:07
Too late, the phantom merger has been at work again ;)

Max is digging and can't stop. He's sealing his fate and F1 should rejoice.
Nope, the other threads still there, two places down from this one as I type.

The sooner he goes the (much) better.

Flat.tyres
25th September 2007, 17:18
Nope, the other threads still there, two places down from this one as I type.

The sooner he goes the (much) better.

Sorry, I thought you ment the Mosely kicks off again one :)

We might get a Poll if we're lucky ;)

Mark in Oshawa
25th September 2007, 17:39
I rarely post on the f1 forum, but I have to say this much: Max Mosely is once again showing that apple doesn't fall from the tree. Sir Jackie Stewart is one of the finest men involved ever in the sport, and Max isn't fit to tie his shoes......

trumperZ06
25th September 2007, 17:41
I rarely post on the f1 forum, but I have to say this much: Max Mosely is once again showing that apple doesn't fall from the tree. Sir Jackie Stewart is one of the finest men involved ever in the sport, and Max isn't fit to tie his shoes......

;) Oh... Jackie isn't all... That Good !!!

:D But he's far better... than Maxie makes him out to be !!!

ioan
25th September 2007, 18:35
Maybe Max knows him better than us?

trumperZ06
25th September 2007, 18:58
Maybe Max knows him better than us?

;) Bad guess, ioan! Jackie Stewart's been a Formula One icon for decades. He's a very well known public celebrity to automotive fans and participates !!!

:p : Mad Max is starting to Panic... he's now showing paranoia-like symptoms in his reaction to public opinion !!!

The man's under a lot of pressure... that he self created !!! Now he's beginning to "crack" !!!

If you think ole Maxie's under attack...

Wait until the Big Guns begin to target Ole Maxie...

and target him...

they will !!!

ioan
25th September 2007, 19:48
;) Bad guess, ioan! Jackie Stewart's been a Formula One icon for decades. He's a very well known public celebrity to automotive fans and participates !!!

So what? He's old now, and often says stupid things.

Hondo
25th September 2007, 19:49
Jackie also stomped on a lot of toes with safety issues while he was a driver and made quite a few owners and executives angry, especially when they couldn't make him back down. I wonder if Max was one of them?

fandango
25th September 2007, 19:53
What is a "media lunch"? Why is this article so vague about the exact when and where of this comment, but seemingly so accurate with the quote?

So, putting aside my suspicions, I can see why someone might have a go at JYS and his image, but it's totally out of order for the President of the FIA. But why is there not a clamour from everyone?

trumperZ06
25th September 2007, 20:12

:D Damn Ioan... First time this year... you got one RIGHT !!!

:p : Ole Maxie's getting... Long in the Tooth !!!

;) Soooo... I guess that explains your logic...

why Maxie's constantly saying... "Stupid Things " !!!

ioan
25th September 2007, 21:58
:D Damn Ioan... First time this year... you got one RIGHT !!!

:p : Ole Maxie's getting... Long in the Tooth !!!

;) Soooo... I guess that explains your logic...

why Maxie's constantly saying... "Stupid Things " !!!

You almost got that right! We are just thinking about different persons! ;)

Buzz Lightyear
25th September 2007, 22:18
Max is trying to create a stir to swerve the media attention, which should be directed at why is is not taking action against renault, for having material of mclarens. why not slap renault with a $100m dollr fine max? cause they would walk. he knew ron/mclaren wouldnt, or cant walk from f1.

Max should wind his neck in, before it gets put on the chopping block.

Would he rather JYS didnt bring RBS into Formula One???

Get with Max.. you have overstepped the mark.

JYS is more respected that you will ever be.

Hazell B
25th September 2007, 22:31

Wise words, Jackie Stewart does come out with some utter twaddle at times.

And as for that rancid tartan .... :s

Flat.tyres
25th September 2007, 23:23
You almost got that right! We are just thinking about different persons! ;)

Don't put yourself down. You're not as bad as MM. Surely ;)

jso1985
26th September 2007, 01:06
Mosley is right in one thing, Stewart was a great driver, no doubt, but because he's a former WDC doesn't mean he should get respect when talking bull like he's doing lately.

Now Mosley is even more stupid when he's now talking lots of bull and in a rude way, forgetting that he's actually the president of the FIA and should be more diplomatic

tinchote
26th September 2007, 03:36
I haven't seen Stewart race, but I know he was a great driver. Now, why would that in itself make everything he says about current F1 (35 years later) valid? When he was involved as a team owner he was not that great.

leopard
26th September 2007, 03:45
I know Rod Stewart, He isn't too bad.

Ranger
26th September 2007, 03:47
I haven't seen Stewart race, but I know he was a great driver. Now, why would that in itself make everything he says about current F1 (35 years later) valid? When he was involved as a team owner he was not that great.
I'd say he was a pretty good team owner. In its few years of existance, his team managed a victory which can't be said about many F1 teams. Consequently when he sold up the team to Ford with their big bucks, the team got worse.

Yes, Stewart does say some half-witted things. But this is coming from Mosley...

Hawkmoon
26th September 2007, 04:05
The fact that Stewart is a former world champion doesn't make him immune from criticism. Whilst I don't think he's a half-wit, and Mosley needn't have described him as such, I don't think his opinions hold any more weight than any other person close to F1.

leopard
26th September 2007, 04:15
The team of the good owner was supposed to exist until today. Being fully involved in the team will make him occupied and no time for commenting someone else job.

I can't remember too many about anything happens in the time I had to play in the backyard. I only remember one of the hits Sometimes when we touch.

leopard
26th September 2007, 04:21
Here Sir Stewart I suggest to respond Mr MM

I may not be the man I wanted to
I may not be the king of wit
I may not know the things you need to know
I might not measure up quite yet

wmcot
26th September 2007, 06:46
I think Max is fed up with those on the "outside" deciding what FIA policy should be. Still, his reply was rather tacky and uncalled for. He could have simply said, "that's his opinion, not mine or the FIA's."

ArrowsFA1
26th September 2007, 08:12
The fact that Stewart is a former world champion doesn't make him immune from criticism.
That's true, but the personal nature of the comments by the President of the FIA are from the school playground and not befitting a man of Mosley's position.

Article 151 of the FIA International Sporting Code relates to "any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally". I would suggest that Mosley's comments are in breach of this FIA article.

spiltmilk
26th September 2007, 09:07
Yea from those comment about jackie I think Mad Max startin to panic like how alonso ****ted in his pants and was so insecure he had to snitch on his team

leopard
26th September 2007, 09:21
Why would Alonso cry over spilt milk ;)

ArrowsFA1
26th September 2007, 09:36
As with Mosley's seemingly personal comments about Ron Dennis, and his determination (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62705) to see McLaren punished heavily, it seems his comments about Jackie Stewart are equally personal.

These kind of things date a long way back. Remember that the March (headed by Mosley) provided to Tyrrell in 1970 was so poor that Ken Tyrrell resolved to build his own car for the following season and Stewart promptly won the 1971 WDC with it. JYS was not exactly complimentary about his 1970 car!

Later Stewart returned to F1 as a team owner. At the end of the Stewart teams' first season, Mosley, via the FIA, wrote to the team asking them to confirm their ability to finance their continued participation in the World Championship. This action was unprecedented and unwarranted given that the team were supported by the likes of Ford and HSBC.

Buzz Lightyear
26th September 2007, 10:37
The fact that Stewart is a former world champion doesn't make him immune from criticism. Whilst I don't think he's a half-wit, and Mosley needn't have described him as such, I don't think his opinions hold any more weight than any other person close to F1.

this what this dicussion is about. its not about wheather JYS comments we valid or not, it about max's total lack of control.

Flat.tyres
26th September 2007, 11:23
this what this dicussion is about. its not about wheather JYS comments we valid or not, it about max's total lack of control.

I think that's a very valid comment.

JS is a prominent figure in F1. He is a former champion, team manager and current ambassador. This tends to give him a position of authority when expressing his opinion whether you agree with him or not. His credentials are impressive and cannot be ignored.

Now, Jackie has expressed an opinion, which is his right, and the head of the FIA should respond in one of two ways. He should either give a public response to the opinion JS expressed or he should say, as has been expressed, that JS is entitled to his opinion and leave it at that.

He should not, as the head of the FIA, start slinging insults around and poke fun as someones dress sense. How immature is that? It just about justifies the opinion JS stated and legitimises the long held belief that MM did conduct a which-hunt and that this whole business was personal.

Dave B
26th September 2007, 11:36
I'm very biased here as I regard JYS as a hero, not only for his achievements on the track but for his business sense, professionalism, charity work and sheer bloody-mindedness when it came to safety issues.

So, deep breath.... Like Jackie, Max is entitled to his opinion. He may regard Stewart's comments as irrelevant or just plain wrong, that's up to him. But as somebody entrusted with heading the FIA he has to realise that his words carry far more weight than an ex-driver, a team principal, or somebody on an internet forum.

If we are to believe that the FIA is impartial in these matters then it is vital that its chief does not appear to be holding a grudge against anybody, let alone anybody competing in an FIA-sanctioned championship.

MM's dogged persuit of Ron Dennis stunk of being a personal vendetta; and now his comments about Stewart were, at best, a foolish action which betray a poor understanding of the way his post is regarded.

I'm not one to call for people's resignation at the slightest hiccup, but I genuinely feel that if Max cannot bring himself to apologise - publicly - for his "halfwit" remark then he should seriously consider falling on his sword for the good of the FIA.

osg
26th September 2007, 11:36
I think we all know who the halfwit is don't we......... ;) :rolleyes:

Hawkmoon
26th September 2007, 13:06
That's true, but the personal nature of the comments by the President of the FIA are from the school playground and not befitting a man of Mosley's position.

Article 151 of the FIA International Sporting Code relates to "any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally". I would suggest that Mosley's comments are in breach of this FIA article.

I agree with you on the first part. Mosley's "half-wit" comment was out of order and very purile.

As for the wonderful Article 151, if Max's comments can breach the article then I would suggest that Toyota are also in breach for spending ridiculous amounts of money on crappy cars each year and that Honda are also in breach for that bloody awful livery they inflict on us every other Sunday! :D

Hawkmoon
26th September 2007, 13:08

Considering it is Stewart's comments that caused Mosley to "lose control", then I'd say those comments are valid to the discussion.

Valve Bounce
26th September 2007, 13:08
I don't think that people should be permitted to insult other forum members. Common pino, ban Max!!

BDunnell
26th September 2007, 13:37
I'm not one to call for people's resignation at the slightest hiccup, but I genuinely feel that if Max cannot bring himself to apologise - publicly - for his "halfwit" remark then he should seriously consider falling on his sword for the good of the FIA.

I agree. I also hope that the 'halfwit' comment wasn't a veiled remark about Stewart's dyslexia.

By the way, Arrows, excellent points above about the history of the relationship between Mosley and Stewart. :up:

seppefan
26th September 2007, 15:17
As with Mosley's seemingly personal comments about Ron Dennis, and his determination (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62705) to see McLaren punished heavily, it seems his comments about Jackie Stewart are equally personal.

These kind of things date a long way back. Remember that the March (headed by Mosley) provided to Tyrrell in 1970 was so poor that Ken Tyrrell resolved to build his own car for the following season and Stewart promptly won the 1971 WDC with it. JYS was not exactly complimentary about his 1970 car!

Later Stewart returned to F1 as a team owner. At the end of the Stewart teams' first season, Mosley, via the FIA, wrote to the team asking them to confirm their ability to finance their continued participation in the World Championship. This action was unprecedented and unwarranted given that the team were supported by the likes of Ford and HSBC.

Interesting, thanks for the facts.

Bagwan
26th September 2007, 17:01
I hesitate to use the term , for fear that inevitably some "half-wit" will note the irony , but let me play devil's advocate for a moment , and put on my tartan tam .

Max tried to quit a while ago , but the blood drained from the collective face of the paddock when they couldn't think who could possibly replace him .

Stewart has my utmost respect , but not for these comments .
He is not a member of the paddock any more and cannot know the depth of the situation from where he sits .

As a heavily respected personality , he should know that his opinion does carry weight with a nostalgic pubic , especially within the Anglo-centric world that is F1 .
His publicly calling the series corrupted by Ferrari bias shows his own bias , and shows me where he got his information on the subject .
He might have Stepney's number , but that would be the only person he might have spoken to at Ferrari .
Jackie should refrain , in my opinion , from such charged political comment , as it drops him inside those politics instead of outside in his "elder-statesman" role .

Max's response , while ill-conceived due likely to being "blind-sided" by the press with Jackie's comments , speak to Max's view of how audacious , not knowing the deeper secrets to the story , Stewart's comments were .

Next year with TC having gone , folks are likely to slag Max for not having done away with it ages ago . They will forget who lobbied to keep it .

Max is far from perfect , but this is not all about him .
Jackie says Ron is getting the shaft , but there are 2 sides in any argument .
Let's not forget that at BOTH Ferrari AND McLaren , there were unhappy employees .

Max is a whipping post for all that is wrong in F1 .
Any "half-wit" should be able to see it .

ioan
26th September 2007, 17:26
I hesitate to use the term , for fear that inevitably some "half-wit" will note the irony , but let me play devil's advocate for a moment , and put on my tartan tam .

Max tried to quit a while ago , but the blood drained from the collective face of the paddock when they couldn't think who could possibly replace him .

He is not a member of the paddock any more and cannot know the depth of the situation from where he sits .

As a heavily respected personality , he should know that his opinion does carry weight with a nostalgic pubic , especially within the Anglo-centric world that is F1 .
His publicly calling the series corrupted by Ferrari bias shows his own bias , and shows me where he got his information on the subject .
He might have Stepney's number , but that would be the only person he might have spoken to at Ferrari .
Jackie should refrain , in my opinion , from such charged political comment , as it drops him inside those politics instead of outside in his "elder-statesman" role .

Max's response , while ill-conceived due likely to being "blind-sided" by the press with Jackie's comments , speak to Max's view of how audacious , not knowing the deeper secrets to the story , Stewart's comments were .

Next year with TC having gone , folks are likely to slag Max for not having done away with it ages ago . They will forget who lobbied to keep it .

Max is far from perfect , but this is not all about him .
Jackie says Ron is getting the shaft , but there are 2 sides in any argument .
Let's not forget that at BOTH Ferrari AND McLaren , there were unhappy employees .

Max is a whipping post for all that is wrong in F1 .
Any "half-wit" should be able to see it .

Well put Baggy! :up:

Bagwan
26th September 2007, 18:10
Well put Baggy! :up:

Thanks , Ioan .

Sir Jackie might be forgiven , though , because it wasn't likely his own microphone , but one from someone wanting a controversial , on-side comment .
And , you never know to whom he might just have been speaking .

Max , rightly , told the tam man to butt out .

ioan
26th September 2007, 18:13
Yep, some should learn to mind their own business.

Malbec
26th September 2007, 19:46
Yep, some should learn to mind their own business.

JYS IS minding his own business in so far as that a substantial part of his income still comes from F1 and related motorsports parts manufacturers and the affiliated motor companies around the sport.

He isn't an ambassador or elder-statesman for the sport, he's a hard nosed businessman who is out to make money, something he's been since he left the sport as a driver.

His comments about Hamilton earlier this season weren't just based on a view of his talent but were made with more than half an eye on the potential for a huge increase in cashflow into British motorsport that would happen if Hamilton-mania kicks in in the UK, some of which would end up in his pocket.

His comments about the FIA were made in the same vein. The FIA needed to be seen to be doing justice, not pursuing a personal vendetta in order to maintain any kind of credibility outside the sport.

He's right too. Since the FIA hearing quite a few friends of mine in the City who aren't interested in F1 have asked me if F1 is as corrupt as it appeared from the court case. Since people such as they have considerable control over the flow of cash into and out of the sport it is they who JYS is trying to placate whilst Max is failing utterly to do so.

Yet since he's one step removed from the paddock the FIA has no power over him which is why I suspect the bitter words emerged from Max's mouth.

See the bigger picture guys. The issue of how the FIA is run and governs the sport is much much bigger and more important than Ferrari or McLaren.

Garry Walker
26th September 2007, 19:49

The very fine man that Jackie is, he thought it okay to accuse Mosley of corruption. In my view, Max was too nice in his reply, he should have called Stewart a retarded mental midget.

Max is trying to create a stir to swerve the media attention, which should be directed at why is is not taking action against renault, for having material of mclarens. why not slap renault with a $100m dollr fine max? cause they would walk. he knew ron/mclaren wouldnt, or cant walk from f1..

Pay more attention. Max has asked McLaren to produce evidence to that, and indeed, McLaren sent their people to examine Renault systems I think. If nothing comes from it (and it seems, nothing will come from it), it will only show that Ron was trying to cry river and divert attention from his own cheating. Flavio very nicely said that if anyone will accuse them of cheating, he will sue at once.

I haven't seen Stewart race, but I know he was a great driver. Now, why would that in itself make everything he says about current F1 (35 years later) valid?
I agree. But some people seem to think, oh he was in f1 35 years ago, well, he hardly could be wrong now. That clearly shows lack of intelligence on the part of those people.

Tell me you are joking, because what you said is complete nonsense and rubbish. I wont bother to ask you to elaborate on your claim though, because we all know you will just run away as always.

If anything or anyone is in breach of that article, then that person might just be the very respected mr.knowitall Jackie Stewart who accused Max Mosley of corruption.

He should not, as the head of the FIA, start slinging insults around and poke fun as someones dress sense.

If someone had constructively critisised the FIA and Max, then yes, that kind of a reply would be bad behaviour from Max. But the way Stewart attacked Max, he got what was coming to him. If one wants not to get attacked, then one shouldnt dish out rubbish. Stewart crossed the line and got what he deserved. Low attack deserves a low reply.

Malbec
26th September 2007, 19:52
I agree. But some people seem to think, oh he was in f1 35 years ago, well, he hardly could be wrong now. That clearly shows lack of intelligence on the part of those people.

My mistake.

It must have been a different JYS who started Stewart F1 a few years back with Ford backing.

It must also be a different JYS from the one now who works closely with Bridgestone and various other sponsors and suppliers involved in F1.

Its strange how the new JYS looks so similar to Jackie Stewart the F1 driver though eh? They even share the same funny Scottish accent too.

Garry Walker
26th September 2007, 20:03
My mistake.

It must have been a different JYS who started Stewart F1 a few years back with Ford backing.
That ended quite many years ago already, nothing to do with current F1, things have changed massively. Jackie is still living in his own age though, oblivious to reality.

It must also be a different JYS from the one now who works closely with Bridgestone and various other sponsors and suppliers involved in F1.

Oh really? What does he do with Bridgestone regarding their F1 program? Who are those other suppliers he works with? Sure, he does something with Royal Bank of Scotland, but how does that make him more qualified to make comments than your average forum poster.

Its strange how the new JYS looks so similar to Jackie Stewart the F1 driver though eh? They even share the same funny Scottish accent too.
35 years ago. Nothing to with the modern times. some people seem to have the idea that if you have driven in F1 once, you are at once totally qualified to make assessments about everything in F1. Schumacher put it well, know-how about F1 outdates quickly, he said he is feeling it already. Now, he just retired last year and is probably more intelligent than someone like Jackie Stewart could ever hope to be. Draw your own conclusions from that.

Malbec
26th September 2007, 20:07
That ended quite many years ago already, nothing to do with current F1, things have changed massively. Jackie is still living in his own age though, oblivious to reality.

Oh really? What does he do with Bridgestone regarding their F1 program? Who are those other suppliers he works with? Sure, he does something with Royal Bank of Scotland, but how does that make him more qualified to make comments than your average forum poster.

35 years ago. Nothing to with the modern times. some people seem to have the idea that if you have driven in F1 once, you are at once totally qualified to make assessments about everything in F1. Schumacher put it well, know-how about F1 outdates quickly, he said he is feeling it already. Now, he just retired last year and is probably more intelligent than someone like Jackie Stewart could ever hope to be. Draw your own conclusions from that.

So you think that a guy who ran an F1 team fairly recently doesn't have a better knowledge of the business of F1 than the average forumer here such as you?

You don't think that when he does business with Bridgestone he doesn't talk to guys involved in the F1 project or senior board members who have a working knowledge of their company's involvement in the sport?

Interesting viewpoint.... especially since most of his comments aren't referring to the SPORT of F1 but more the BUSINESS and ADMINISTRATIVE side of it, things which haven't really changed that much since he was intimately involved less than a decade ago.

BDunnell
26th September 2007, 20:14

Doesn't stop him from being perfectly entitled to comment on it, though.

Evidence for that?

As a heavily respected personality , he should know that his opinion does carry weight with a nostalgic pubic

Best mis-type I've seen on the forum in a while!

BDunnell
26th September 2007, 20:16
The very fine man that Jackie is, he thought it okay to accuse Mosley of corruption. In my view, Max was too nice in his reply, he should have called Stewart a retarded mental midget.

I think that is a deeply insulting remark to make about any person. You obviously view it as being acceptable, though.

Garry Walker
26th September 2007, 20:34
So you think that a guy who ran an F1 team fairly recently doesn't have a better knowledge of the business of F1 than the average forumer here such as you?

His comments have shown that apparently, he indeed doesnt.

You don't think that when he does business with Bridgestone he doesn't talk to guys involved in the F1 project or senior board members who have a working knowledge of their company's involvement in the sport?
What business does he do with Bridgestone? You also mentioned other suppliers he does business with. Give me the names and proof.

Interesting viewpoint.... especially since most of his comments aren't referring to the SPORT of F1 but more the BUSINESS and ADMINISTRATIVE side of it, things which haven't really changed that much since he was intimately involved less than a decade ago. I think things have changed quite a bit, in fact the changes have been immense.

Doesn't stop him from being perfectly entitled to comment on it, though. That is all fine if what one says is constructive. Jackies comments were far from that.

I think that is a deeply insulting remark to make about any person. You obviously view it as being acceptable, though.

Well, cry me a river, If jackie wants not to get attacked in future, then he should accusing people of CORRUPTION.
As far as I am concerned, if someone accuses me of something that serious as corruption, the gloves come off and I will hit back.

BDunnell
26th September 2007, 20:41
Well, cry me a river, If jackie wants not to get attacked in future, then he should accusing people of CORRUPTION.
As far as I am concerned, if someone accuses me of something that serious as corruption, the gloves come off and I will hit back.

So you believe an appropriate response to accusations of corruption is to call the accuser retarded?

BDunnell
26th September 2007, 20:43
What business does he do with Bridgestone? You also mentioned other suppliers he does business with. Give me the names and proof.

OK, if we're asking for proof, time for you to give the names of the other people at McLaren who knew about the Ferrari documents that you mentioned in the other thread. There, you felt that 'probably' was sufficient proof.

Garry Walker
26th September 2007, 20:52
So you believe an appropriate response to accusations of corruption is to call the accuser retarded?

Yes, if one doesnt mind lowering himself to the accusers level. I have never had a problem doing that and I have always taken a lot of amusement from humiliating people who attack and try to insult me.

OK, if we're asking for proof, time for you to give the names of the other people at McLaren who knew about the Ferrari documents that you mentioned in the other thread. There, you felt that 'probably' was sufficient proof.
LOL. He stated a definite (something which he believes and apparently has proof for), whereas I only speculated, offered my opinion and never said I had concrete proof, nor claimed that what I said was the ultimate truth.
It should be relatively easy for everyone to differentiate between those 2.

BDunnell
26th September 2007, 20:53
LOL. He stated a definite (something which he believes and apparently has proof for), whereas I only speculated, offered my opinion and never said I had concrete proof, nor claimed that what I said was the ultimate truth.
It should be relatively easy for everyone to differentiate between those 2.

I would have thought that waiting for a response is polite, but given that you have no problem with labelling people as retarded, I'm not surprised that you haven't.

Garry Walker
26th September 2007, 21:05
I would have thought that waiting for a response is polite, but given that you have no problem with labelling people as retarded, I'm not surprised that you haven't.

Waiting for his response? I have asked him for proof, when he posts again, we will see whether he gives it or not, but I have not made one personal comment about him.
That cannot be said about you at this present moment though.

BDunnell
26th September 2007, 21:06
That cannot be said about you at this present moment though.

I believe I have justification for that.

Garry Walker
26th September 2007, 21:10
I believe I have justification for that.

:rotflmao: How noble of you, sir.

BDunnell
26th September 2007, 21:12
Something amusing you?

Bagwan
26th September 2007, 23:36
Doesn't stop him from being perfectly entitled to comment on it, though.

Evidence for that?

Best mis-type I've seen on the forum in a while!

He may be perfectly entitled to his opinion but if it is un-informed on the details , it is worth little .
My "evidence" is his opinion being hardly that of any Ferrari employee except perhaps Mr. Stepney , himself .

And , by the way , what makes you think that was a typo ?

trumperZ06
27th September 2007, 00:55
[quote="Bagwan"]He may be perfectly entitled to his opinion but if it is un-informed on the details , it is worth little .
My "evidence" is his opinion being hardly that of any Ferrari employee except perhaps Mr. Stepney , himself .

:p :Bagwan,

Defending Mad Max's lunacy with his comments about Jackie Stewart...

is ridiculous ( in the Exact meaning of the word) !!!

Penalizing any team 100 million dollars...

with only the suspicion that information provided by a Ferrari team member to...

two, or three McLaren team members, doesn't add up to the Whole team cheating.

Jackie Stewart wasn't the first to question the brutalness of the penalty, nor was he the first to suggest that Max was being vendictive in his pursuit of Ron Dennis !!!

In fact, Jackie Stewart has every right to question Mad Max's motivation..

after looking at the lack of evidience presented... and the judgement handed down.

This judgement wouldn't stand up in our courts... and certainly has the press questioning... WHY the guilty verdict... and WHY the penalty was so harsh.

If Max had evidience that the McLaren team used the Ferrari information...

or that McLaren paid for it,

he most certainly would have presented it!!!

Max's... Warning the McLaren team NOT to punish Alonso,

who attempted to BLACKMAIL Ron Dennis...

is shameful,

and only adds to the stench of the FIA's Kangaroo court's decision !!!

;) Oh and for the non-racers out there... using Nitrogen for tire inflation... has been going on for a long... long time !!!

:s mokin: Trumper :s mokin:

wmcot
27th September 2007, 06:44
two, or three McLaren team members, doesn't add up to the Whole team cheating.

You really think that de la Rosa set up and ran the Ferrari data on the simulator by himself? How many McLaren employees helped in just that one incident?

Oh and for the non-racers out there... using Nitrogen for tire inflation... has been going on for a long... long time !!!

Apparently it's new to the McLaren drivers!

As for the topic of this thread, I think JYS and MM both made mistakes in their comments. If JYS is an "ambassador" as some think, he ought to know better than to suggest the FIA president is corrupt (even if he believes it.)

Max should be held to a higher standard since he IS the president. Name-calling is totally unacceptable in his position. I'm surprised at Max's lack of eloquence in the comments. There are much better ways to get your point across.

wmcot
27th September 2007, 06:45
I don't think that people should be permitted to insult other forum members. Common pino, ban Max!!

Only if JYS is a forum member! ;)

F1boat
27th September 2007, 07:51
Jackie Stewart said rude things to Max, rude things to Ferrari, rude things to Alonso - now finally someone dared to say what many people thought. The fact that he is a great driver means nothing. Maradona is a great footballer and constantly speak bullcrap.
Stewart's constant defence to McLaren is pathetic. Max said what many people thought. I fully support his opinion, although I respect him as a great champion and competent team manager.
But his opinions are biased, foolish and ridiculous. I congratulate Max for speaking his mind.

ArrowsFA1
27th September 2007, 09:16
Jackie Stewart said rude things to Max, rude things to Ferrari, rude things to Alonso...
Can you provide links to those "rude things"? Calling someone (http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~154922.htm) a "certified halfwit" is "rude".

JYS gave his opinion. Now that opinion may have not been formed from a knowledge of all the facts, but that hardly makes him unique in the paddock or here in our forum!!

ioan
27th September 2007, 09:41
JYS IS minding his own business in so far as that a substantial part of his income still comes from F1 and related motorsports parts manufacturers and the affiliated motor companies around the sport.

He isn't an ambassador or elder-statesman for the sport, he's a hard nosed businessman who is out to make money, something he's been since he left the sport as a driver.

His comments about Hamilton earlier this season weren't just based on a view of his talent but were made with more than half an eye on the potential for a huge increase in cashflow into British motorsport that would happen if Hamilton-mania kicks in in the UK, some of which would end up in his pocket.

His comments about the FIA were made in the same vein. The FIA needed to be seen to be doing justice, not pursuing a personal vendetta in order to maintain any kind of credibility outside the sport.

He's right too. Since the FIA hearing quite a few friends of mine in the City who aren't interested in F1 have asked me if F1 is as corrupt as it appeared from the court case. Since people such as they have considerable control over the flow of cash into and out of the sport it is they who JYS is trying to placate whilst Max is failing utterly to do so.

Yet since he's one step removed from the paddock the FIA has no power over him which is why I suspect the bitter words emerged from Max's mouth.

See the bigger picture guys. The issue of how the FIA is run and governs the sport is much much bigger and more important than Ferrari or McLaren.

I actually see the bigger picture, and this picture is all about Stewart interfering with FIA's decisions about a spying and cheating case.
And the fact that he has a business that is based on F1 means that his interference becomes a case of political extortion a case of corruption.

Given all these he should have thought twice before he accused Mosely about corruption only because Max was trying to deal in the right way with McLaren's case!

So the conclusion is that Stewart is either a "halfwit" or a hypocrite. I actually believe he is both.

*Time for the Brits to fed up and start attacking me because I dared to question one of their "legends"!* :p :

ArrowsFA1
27th September 2007, 10:10
I actually see the bigger picture, and this picture is all about Stewart interfering with FIA's decisions about a spying and cheating case.
And the fact that he has a business that is based on F1 means that his interference becomes a case of political extortion a case of corruption.

Given all these he should have thought twice before he accused Mosely about corruption only because Max was trying to deal in the right way with McLaren's case!

So the conclusion is that Stewart is either a "halfwit" or a hypocrite. I actually believe he is both.
Let's see what Jackie Stewart has actually said:

"The FIA have historically been very close to Ferrari and closer to them than anyone else. It seems that some of the most powerful people in this sport are more aligned to Ferrari than anybody else."

"I think it's wrong, what's going on at the present time. I think dirty laundry should be washed behind closed doors. There's no good boasting 'I've got more dirty laundry than you've got'; what's in it for everybody doing that? It's a very dangerous set of circumstances that's occurring, and it's potentially threatening the financial foundations of Formula One. If this goes the wrong way, I could see major trouble with major multinational corporations wanting to get out because of corporate governance. So I think the whole thing has to be sorted very quickly; get away from this head-hunting, there's no need for this."

ioan, you say Stewart is "interfering with FIA's decisions" and this is "political extortion" "because Max was trying to deal in the right way with McLaren's case".

The way Max and the FIA have dealt with this case has been questioned by many people, not just Jackie Stewart. Also the concept of "Ferrari International Assistance" was not invented by Jackie Stewart, it has been around for a long, long time.

The bigger picture is that this whole situation is damaging F1. As Nigel Roebuck said in his Autosport column after the Italian GP: "there was enormous anger at the damage being done to the sport...the atmosphere at Monza was poisonous". John Hogan, a central figure in F1 for decades, was reported as describing the situation as "the worst I have ever known in F1". He has dealt with both McLaren & Ferrari in his time with Marlboro so he should know!

Picking on an individual in the way MM has done is the behaviour of a schoolyard bully. It's a sign of weakness not strength. If MM is so concerned about the opinions of Jackie Stewart then he has dealt with them in a totally inapproriate manner, especially in the light of his role as FIA President.

ioan
27th September 2007, 10:15
The way Max and the FIA have dealt with this case has been questioned by many people, not just Jackie Stewart. Also the concept of "Ferrari International Assistance" was not invented by Jackie Stewart, it has been around for a long, long time.

No the concept was invented by some other Brit, going by this thread at least, some other people who can't accept that they lost, some like Ron TL Dennis!

ArrowsFA1
27th September 2007, 10:37
No the concept was invented by some other Brit, going by this thread at least, some other people who can't accept that they lost, some like Ron TL Dennis!
That's not the point. The point is that Stewart is not alone in holding the opinions he does.

Hondo
27th September 2007, 11:12

ioan, the sporting regulation they lost under is sooooooo open, that just about anybody could lose for anything. For instance, if an ioanF1 transporter was rolling down the road and a police officer noticed a cigarette butt being flipped out of the driver's window, pulled the truck over and cited the driver for littering and sent him on his way, then Max could call you up and say we are bringing you up on charges for the violation of reg 151c. You, makes no difference that you were sitting in your office and have a company policy against smoking in the vehicles, have by fraudulent means (the driver knew littering was illegal but intentionally rolled his window down and threw out the cigarette butt) have brought the sport into disrepute ( it was a high traffic road and countless motorists witnessed the act and may now be convinced that all of the trash along the side of the roads was put there by F1 teams and the FIA) and therefore will lose your points and pay a $100 million dollar fine.

Even I, during my most loyal times as a rabid Ferrari fan, never had my head so far up the south end of the prancing pony to admit this whole benefit thing has been blown way out of proportion and the penalty goes way beyond fitting and appropriate. Max has damaged F1 with this one. If I were a large corporate sponsor involved in F1, I would be examining a ruling like that on any team, and start examing other advertising options.

Rudy Tamasz
27th September 2007, 13:00
Didn't JYS win one of his titles just because Bob Williams got locked in his toilett before the last race?

ShiftingGears
27th September 2007, 13:03
Who?

ArrowsFA1
27th September 2007, 13:19
Didn't JYS win one of his titles just because Bob Williams got locked in his toilett before the last race?
:laugh: (Link (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DHC7YIwnyQs))

BDunnell
27th September 2007, 13:24
And , by the way , what makes you think that was a typo ?

Substituting 'pubic' for 'public' normally tends to be...

BDunnell
27th September 2007, 13:24

Do you understand the concept of people being interested in F1 who are not partisan in some way?

P.S. Very well put in your second paragraph, Fiero.

Bagwan
27th September 2007, 16:46
Substituting 'pubic' for 'public' normally tends to be...

Never lose your sense of humour .

ioan
27th September 2007, 17:01
Do you understand the concept of people being interested in F1 who are not partisan in some way?

Why should I? I hope you're not going to tell me that you are not taking anyone's part in F1.

F1boat
27th September 2007, 18:33
Can you provide links to those "rude things"? Calling someone (http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~154922.htm) a "certified halfwit" is "rude".

JYS gave his opinion. Now that opinion may have not been formed from a knowledge of all the facts, but that hardly makes him unique in the paddock or here in our forum!!

No more rude that to claim that Ferrari are nor deserved champion and Alonso is only whining. And that Max has a vendetta against Ron. Ron brought this to himself, but Stewart was always against Ferrari and pro-McLaren.
As Max said: "certified halfwit".
I think that you can find Stewart quotes in ITV-F1 archive, he gives his opinions mainly to them.

BDunnell
27th September 2007, 19:05
Why should I? I hope you're not going to tell me that you are not taking anyone's part in F1.

Not to the extent that some do. I enjoy it much more for the racing than because I want one team or driver to do well.

BeansBeansBeans
27th September 2007, 19:17
Not to the extent that some do. I enjoy it much more for the racing than because I want one team or driver to do well.

I'm the same. It gives me a clearer view of things than if I was devoted to a particular team or driver.

Howver, I am partisan when it comes to football, and would always argue my team's corner, so I can understand Ioan's standpoint.

Tazio
27th September 2007, 19:52
Jackie Stewart said rude things to Max, rude things to Ferrari, rude things to Alonso - now finally someone dared to say what many people thought. The fact that he is a great driver means nothing. Maradona is a great footballer and constantly speak bullcrap.
Stewart's constant defence to McLaren is pathetic. Max said what many people thought. I fully support his opinion, although I respect him as a great champion and competent team manager.
But his opinions are biased, foolish and ridiculous. I congratulate Max for speaking his mind.
You Know that Max and Jackie have been Jousting for a long time. As I stated on another thread I think JS is one of the greatest f1 drivers period.
Their mutual dislike and distrust was polarized while Jackie was Prez. of the B.R.D.C. Take the comment in that context, and you will realize it for what it is worth. Just another example of two guys at odds. It's no secret that Jackie promotes British racing interests(not the least of which is Mclaren's), and Max promotes $$$$$$$$ racing interests. They disagree on just about every thing. I think Jackie, while prez. took it personally when Max theatened to take Silverstone off the calender. Let's face it there is no love lost between these two. This particular insult just aint' that big a deal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Ra ... vers'_Club (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Racing_Drivers'_Club)

trumperZ06
27th September 2007, 22:39
No more rude that to claim that Ferrari are nor deserved champion and Alonso is only whining. And that Max has a vendetta against Ron. Ron brought this to himself, but Stewart was always against Ferrari and pro-McLaren.
As Max said: "certified halfwit".
I think that you can find Stewart quotes in ITV-F1 archive, he gives his opinions mainly to them.

:p : Alonso's attempt at Blackmailing Ron Dennis is a bit more than... whining !!!

:dozey: Mad Max... warning/threatening the McLaren team...

if they were to PUNISH Alonso for attempted Blackmail...

This is simply appalling !!!

Then for the president of the FIA to brand someone of Jackie Stewart's stature.. a half-wit... is surely an act of LUNACY (an intermittent form of insanity) !!!

Based on the majority of the press's opinion about the FIA's actions in this matter... it certainly looks as though Max has a vendetta against Ron Dennis.

;) Other than that... you make a good case !!!

:s mokin: Trumper

wmcot
28th September 2007, 07:59
JYS + MM = Pot + Kettle :)

F1boat
30th September 2007, 14:46
As I stated on another thread I think JS is one of the greatest f1 drivers period.

No argument there. But I disagree with his opinions.

Tazio
5th October 2007, 23:03
Here's something I did not know!
Did Hill wait over a week to express his mortification, to allow Max time to apologize?
Public apology my Max!
Did hell freeze over, and I missed it!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/motorsport.html?in_article_id=486016&in_page_id=1954&ito=newsnow

Hill said: 'It is well known that Sir Jackie is a dyslexic and has struggled to cope with the all-tooeasily made judgment that they are less intelligent than “ordinary folk”.

Roamy
6th October 2007, 04:24
Plus Max said Jackie dresses like a man in a "Carnival" Now I may have to agree on that one, but Max is the true idiot

markabilly
6th October 2007, 16:11
Here's something I did not know!
Did Hill wait over a week to express his mortification, to allow Max time to apologize?
Public apology my Max!
Did hell freeze over, and I missed it!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/motorsport.html?in_article_id=486016&in_page_id=1954&ito=newsnow

Hill said: 'It is well known that Sir Jackie is a dyslexic and has struggled to cope with the all-tooeasily made judgment that they are less intelligent than “ordinary folk”.

people have been fired for less from many a corporate job or public service

nevertheless just further evidence that fruit does not fall far from the tree :mad:

Mintexmemory
6th October 2007, 19:14
Jackie also stomped on a lot of toes with safety issues while he was a driver and made quite a few owners and executives angry, especially when they couldn't make him back down. I wonder if Max was one of them?
No Max was an entrant / manager at the time, remember he is the M in MARCH racing cars

truefan72
7th October 2007, 05:46
MM regards his stewardship ( no pun intended) if the FIA top job as some sort of monarchial reign. He feels he can say and do anything he pleases without reprimand or recourse.

Until the board of directors get's a spine nothing will change. But with such a feeling of absolute power comes the risk of innapproriate actions.

Let's just say that it wouldn't surprise me of MM, Bernie and the FIA will be the subject of some investigation in the next 2-3 years, which would really put the whole organization in disrepute.

in the meanwhile, MM absolutely owes Sir Jackie Stewart an apology.

Flat.tyres
9th October 2007, 10:22
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63170

Max confirms that he stands by his comments that Max is a certifiable Halfwit.

I hope Jackie sue's his arse.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63169

Tazio
9th October 2007, 10:34

Max confirms that he stands by his comments that Max is a certifiable Halfwit.

I hope Jackie sue's his arse.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63169
Wow... You know I was on the fence about this thing before. A couple of things uttered that he didn't think would be picked up by the press. But this is wrong. He should have admitted that he was a little insensative. Thats all it would take. I knew these two didn't get along but jeeze What a w***er!!

Flat.tyres
9th October 2007, 10:56
Wow... You know I was on the fence about this thing before. A couple of things uttered that he didn't think would be picked up by the press. But this is wrong. He should have admitted that he was a little insensative. Thats all it would take. I knew these two didn't get along but jeeze What a w***er!!

It just goes to show that you cannot question the FIA and get away with it.

There was international speculation that this was a witch hunt and more to do with Max than the evidence at hand.

Max needs to answer some hard questions and not resort to name calling and slander.

ArrowsFA1
9th October 2007, 11:17

Max confirms that he stands by his comments...
Very foolish IMHO :down: He may be entitled to his opinion that JYS's comments were "ill informed" but the personal nature of Mosley's comments were totally unjustified and he should withdraw them.

Damon Hill put it very well (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63169):

"It is well known that Sir Jackie is dyslexic and has struggles (as many thousands do) to cope with the all too easily made judgement that they are less intelligent than 'ordinary' folk," Hill wrote.
"This is in fact more often than not quite the opposite, and many dyslexic people are highly intelligent and extraordinarily gifted, as I believe is the case with Sir Jackie.
"To call him therefore a 'certified halfwit' would be on the first level unkind, but on another level, indeed the level at which Mr Mosley would like us to understand he operates on, is nothing other than a wicked joke designed to visit the utmost humiliation on its victim.
"Regardless or not of whether he was alluding to his dyslexia, what he said was a gross insult to one of the sport's leading figures over the last four decades and a thrice world champion.
"Not only is it bad manners, it also calls into question the character and judgment of the man who represents motor sport throughout the world through the august institution of the FIA.
"It is conduct most unbecoming of an FIA president and, in my humble view, brought the sport into disrepute, a crime he seems so keen to eradicate."

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 11:24
Excellent comments from Damon Hill there.

Mark
9th October 2007, 11:28
Quite so. If I were the BRDC I would be bringing a motion of no confidence in Mosley right now.

Tazio
9th October 2007, 11:33
Yes let's simplify this. Regardless where you stand on the spygate issue.
JYS reffered to it as a "which hunt" a forceful term. but not personally insulting.
Max was very personal, rude, and wasn't satisfied with a single insult, so for good measure he insulted his style of dress. Thats vindictive. I agree with Flat T. Max should withdraw those comments at the very least.

F1boat
9th October 2007, 11:38
witch hunt or certified half-wit, both are insulting, I am with Max because he was provoced. As Jackis has opinion, Max has also an opinion.
Both are behaving like teenagers, but I am still with Max.
This has nothing to do with my opinion of the DRIVER Stewart, who I think is excellent.

ArrowsFA1
9th October 2007, 11:59
Both are behaving like teenagers...
How so?

Stewart gave an opinion. It may well have been an "ill informed" opinion, but it was just one of many opinions on this subject. He is perfectly entitled to express his opinion.

Mosley behaved like a schoolyard bully. By all means Mosley can disagree with Stewart, and he could have said as much. Instead, in his capacity as President of the FIA, he chose to make comments "designed to visit the utmost humiliation on its victim".

That is not conduct befitting someone holding the position of President of the FIA.

ioan
9th October 2007, 12:21
How so?

Stewart gave an opinion. It may well have been an "ill informed" opinion, but it was just one of many opinions on this subject. He is perfectly entitled to express his opinion.

Mosley behaved like a schoolyard bully. By all means Mosley can disagree with Stewart, and he could have said as much. Instead, in his capacity as President of the FIA, he chose to make comments "designed to visit the utmost humiliation on its victim".

That is not conduct befitting someone holding the position of President of the FIA.

Let's leave the Politically Correct thing that is killing our society out of this and look at things as they are.
Stewart was either a hypocrite either and idiot when he made his comments. Max simply told him what he thought.

We say it day and night that drivers are such PR robots and so on and we want them to talk their mind, why not the same for other people?!

ArrowsFA1
9th October 2007, 12:37
It has nothing to do with being PC ioan, and if anyone who dares express an opinion is to be called a hypocrite or an idiot then heaven help us.

Max didn't "simply" tell Stewart what he thought. He insulted him at a press function where he was present in his capacity as President of the FIA. He cannot claim that the comments were private or not for publication, rather he knew they would be given the full glare of publicity.

Mosley's judgement is in question here if he feels, as it appears he does, his comments were appropriate.

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 12:48
Let's leave the Politically Correct thing that is killing our society out of this and look at things as they are.

There is a line between being 'politically incorrect' (whatever that actually means — the phrase gets thrown around without any thought whatsoever, often, as here, with a huge amount of hyperbole) and being offensive. Mosley crossed it.

If I was to call you or someone else on here a ****, would I be being insulting or 'politically incorrect'?

truefan72
9th October 2007, 12:49
It has nothing to do with being PC ioan, and if anyone who dares express an opinion is to be called a hypocrite or an idiot then heaven help us.

Max didn't "simply" tell Stewart what he thought. He insulted him at a press function where he was present in his capacity as President of the FIA. He cannot claim that the comments were private or not for publication, rather he knew they would be given the full glare of publicity.

Mosley's judgement is in question here if he feels, as it appears he does, his comments were appropriate.

:up:

I'm not sure why that is so difficult to comprehend.

I'm not sure why Ion can't see the error in MM's ways.
Everything in this world cannot be judged by one's passion for Ferrari.

Flat.tyres
9th October 2007, 13:19
:up:

I'm not sure why that is so difficult to comprehend.

I'm not sure why Ion can't see the error in MM's ways.
Everything in this world cannot be judged by one's passion for Ferrari.

I think you have just summed up why there is the disparity :laugh:

JS is an individual that has many ties with the sport and as such, his comments carry a validity bourne out by experience and knowledge. Same with Hill etc.

MM is the head of the FIA and as such should confine his statements to official responses or statements as they relate to the sport in the role of the governing body. He failed to do this and compounded his arrogance by repeating the insults.

Max reminds me of the other bastion of totalitarian governing, Ken Livingstone.

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 13:49
Max reminds me of the other bastion of totalitarian governing, Ken Livingstone.

But, to refer back to my earlier, childish, personal comments, Ken Livingstone only accuses others of behaving like concentration camp guards, whereas Max's father was actually a fascist. ;)

markabilly
9th October 2007, 14:02
But, to refer back to my earlier, childish, personal comments, Ken Livingstone only accuses others of behaving like concentration camp guards, whereas Max's father was actually a fascist. ;)

Siad it before, fruit don't fall far from the tree

And any good fascist knows well and practices what old book on politics?

Garry Walker
9th October 2007, 14:15
How so?

The so-called Ambassador of the sport behaved extremely disrespectfully towards the president of FIA. Sure, he has the right to say his opinion. Why doesnt Max have the same right to respond to serious allegations towards the FIA. To give his opinion, you know.
In my view, FIA should actually sue that stupid jackie for his allegations, so that we wouldnt have to listen to his painfully retarded opinions on the sport, which he clearly no longer has any understanding of. And if we have any luck, he should take mr.viagra himself, Stirling Moss, with him as well.

Garry Walker
9th October 2007, 14:19
What relevance do concentration camps and fascists in UK have?

You want concentration camps, look no further than UK and The Boer War. No facists there.

Overall a pathetic comment from you, much more childish and lower than anything Mosley said about Stupid Jackie.

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 14:27
What relevance do concentration camps and fascists in UK have?

You want concentration camps, look no further than UK and The Boer War. No facists there.

Overall a pathetic comment from you, much more childish and lower than anything Mosley said about Stupid Jackie.

I don't think you quite get it, do you?

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen you post anything on here that doesn't mark you out as a right old misery with nothing good to say about anyone or anything.

Garry Walker
9th October 2007, 14:32
I don't think you quite get it, do you?

Please explain it to me then, Wise-One.

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen you post anything on here that doesn't mark you out as a right old misery with nothing good to say about anyone or anything.
Personal insults from you, again.

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 14:37
EDIT — posts removed prior to this one...

ArrowsFA1
9th October 2007, 14:38
Why doesnt Max have the same right to respond to serious allegations towards the FIA.
He does. However in this case he responded in a totally inappropirate and disproportionate manner.

In my view, FIA should actually sue that stupid jackie for his allegations, so that we wouldnt have to listen to his painfully retarded opinions on the sport, which he clearly no longer has any understanding of. And if we have any luck, he should take mr.viagra himself, Stirling Moss, with him as well.
Oh dear :rolleyes:

ioan
9th October 2007, 14:38
The so-called Ambassador of the sport behaved extremely disrespectfully towards the president of FIA. Sure, he has the right to say his opinion. Why doesnt Max have the same right to respond to serious allegations towards the FIA. To give his opinion, you know.

Add Lauda to that list.

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 14:40
Add Lauda to that list.

What has he done to upset you? Dared to say something that doesn't toe your rigid party line?

Garry Walker
9th October 2007, 14:48
He does. However in this case he responded in a totally inappropirate and disproportionate manner.

I think Max was being totally fair in his comments. One accuses the other of being corrupt (pretty serious accusation), the other responds in kind.
Maybe Max should have behaved like a diplomat, but sometimes when faced with so much stupidity, one cant help but lower himself to the level of the other person. Which is what Max did.

Oh dear :rolleyes:

Everything I said was true, rolling your eyes will not help.

What has he done to upset you? Dared to say something that doesn't toe your rigid party line?

Niki Lauda comes out with stupid comments all the time, I agree with Ioan. Mr.one ear belongs to the same group as Mr.Viagra and Stupid Jackie. Great drivers who seem to think their opinion is oh so credible and important, when in reality it is time to enjoy the retirement.

( http://youtube.com/watch?v=g9uG6QpXDWY&mode=related&search= ) :D

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 14:51

It was true in your mind. There is a difference between that and something actually being true.

Garry Walker
9th October 2007, 14:56
It was true in your mind. There is a difference between that and something actually being true.

If what I said was such BS, then you will easily be able to make me look stupid, right? Go on then.

ioan
9th October 2007, 14:57

Something about how a monkey could drive an F1 car, he went on and proved himself inferior to it.

ioan
9th October 2007, 14:59

As much as everything that is true in your mind might not be in someone else's mind.

ArrowsFA1
9th October 2007, 15:02
Maybe Max should have behaved like a diplomat...
There's no maybe about it.

The use of terms like "Mr.one ear" & "mr.viagra" maybe seen as very clever in primary school playgrounds, and may even impress your buddies, but that's the only place they belong.

ioan
9th October 2007, 15:09
The use of terms like "Mr.one ear" & "mr.viagra" maybe seen as very clever in primary school playgrounds, and may even impress your buddies, but that's the only place they belong.

Someone forgot to leave the moderator manners when retired! :rolleyes:

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 15:09
If what I said was such BS, then you will easily be able to make me look stupid, right? Go on then.

I just disagree completely with what you said.

Garry Walker
9th October 2007, 15:10
There's no maybe about it.
Same goes for Jackie and his comments.

If my buddies knew I am posting at an internet forum, they would never let me live it down :D

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 15:10
As much as everything that is true in your mind might not be in someone else's mind.

Indeed, but at least my opinions aren't based on the sort of conspiracy theories that David Icke would consider outlandish.

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 15:12
Someone forgot to leave the moderator manners when retired! :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with that. Arrows is an increasingly rare voice of sanity in these parts.

Garry Walker
9th October 2007, 15:14
Nothing wrong with that. Arrows is an increasingly rare voice of sanity in these parts.

you mean he sets a ...precedent for others to follow :D :D :D ?

ArrowsFA1
9th October 2007, 15:32
Same goes for Jackie and his comments
No it doesn't. He is a private individual, albeit one with considerable standing within F1, who was expressing an opinion based on his perception of what has been going on, much as we've done on this forum. Stewart didn't resort to childish name-calling, or personal insults to make his points.

Mosley, in his role as FIA President, is expected to be a diplomat given that he has to uphold the FIA's regulations and represent the FIA regardless of his personal views. In this case he has damaged the FIA, and brought the sport of F1 into disrepute, by allowing his personal views to be aired.

Had he refuted Stewart's opinion by referring to the thorough and extensive investigation carried out by the FIA in regard to 'Spygate' he would have been justified in defending the FIA in that manner. He chose not to. He made it personal.

In short, his decision to attack Stewart personally was the wrong one.

trumperZ06
9th October 2007, 15:43

I think Max was being totally fair in his comments. One accuses the other of being corrupt (pretty serious accusation), the other responds in kind.
Maybe Max should have behaved like a diplomat, but sometimes when faced with so much stupidity, one cant help but lower himself to the level of the other person. Which is what Max did.

Niki Lauda comes out with stupid comments all the time, I agree with Ioan. Mr.one ear belongs to the same group as Mr.Viagra and Stupid Jackie. Great drivers who seem to think their opinion is oh so credible and important, when in reality it is time to enjoy the retirement.

( http://youtube.com/watch?v=g9uG6QpXDWY&mode=related&search= ) :D

:p : Hhmmm... what a rude series of posts!

Your outragious statements, clearly demostrate a lack of judgement and understanding of the seriousness of the President of the FIA, Max Molsey's...

Slanderious statements.

janneppi
9th October 2007, 15:44
When the last 20 posts seem to be about who is the biggest moron here, it's time to close up the thread. Let's re-vesit the matter if legal matters are brought up.