PDA

View Full Version : buschwackers win again, nbs Dover

tassiedevilAB
23rd September 2007, 16:46
No one is putting up any busch race threads so i did this for the ones that wan't a buschie driver to win!

This is the class that you see all the up & commers learning there craft?

Marcos Ambrose – #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion
“It was a very disappointing start to the day in qualifying. I’m not sure what happened I was coming out of turn two on my first lap and I spun which put us behind the eight-ball in a big way for the race,” said Ambrose.

“With the back-up car not perfectly suited to the high-banked concrete Dover track, and the fact that I had to start from 42nd, it was always going to be tough day.

“I was struggling with the front end of the car hitting the ground all throughout the race and as a consequence I was unable to push too hard. So in the end 20th position is a reasonable result when everything is considered.”

RaceFanStan
23rd September 2007, 18:53
Why not tell the truth & just say it ????? Marcos Ambrose sucked @ Dover !!!!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif
1st off Ambrose chickened-out of the Cup race supposedly going home to be with his wife ...
but instead Ambrose ran the Busch race only to finish mid-pack ... :rolleyes:

Busch Series Race @ Dover Top 10 Finishers
the Buschwackers finished 1-2-3 & took 7 of the top 10 spots :D :up:
01. Denny Hamlin #20 Chevrolet
02. Martin Truex Jr #8 Chevrolet
03. Matt Kenseth #17 Ford
04. Mike Bliss #22 Dodge
05. Reed Sorenson #41 Dodge
06. Carl Edwards #60 Ford
07. Brad Keselowski #88 Chevrolet
08. Jason Keller #11 Chevrolet
09. Greg Biffle #16 Ford
10. David Reutimann #99 Toyota

RaikkonenRules
23rd September 2007, 20:06
Stan how can you possibly expect the young up and commers to be anywhere other than mid-field in such a Buschwacker heavy field. Especially when he's not in a Cup afflicted team. Plus Ambrose started at the back.

Good runs by Bliss, Keselowski, Keller and Stanton Barrett who ran in the Top 20 all day. Good runs also by Donnie Neuenberger and Carl Long both in underfunded cars. Not that I'd expect Stan to be bothered about them since he's too busy celebrating 7 buschwackers in the top 10. :rolleyes:

mercury8
24th September 2007, 08:04
1st off Ambrose chickened-out of the Cup race supposedly going home to be with his wife ...

Don't know about the chickening out bit.Bloody good timing I would say! :s mokin:
BABY GIRL FOR AMBROSE FAMILY</SPAN>

Marcos Ambrose’s decision to pass up an opportunity to make his NASCAR Nextel Cup debut at Dover today was justified when his wife Sonja gave birth to their second child at 3pm in Charlotte, North Carolina today (6am Australian Eastern Standard Time).

Ambrose finished 20th in the NASCAR Busch Series race on Saturday in his #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion and then flew directly back to Charlotte to be with his wife.

Ambrose had been offered the chance to make his Nextel Cup debut in a second Robby Gordon Motorsport entry, but kindly declined the opportunity because he knew it would be “cutting it fine” with the impending birth.

Sonja went into labour at 8am this morning and was driven to hospital where Adelaide Elizabeth Ambrose arrived at 3.04pm weighting 7lbs 11 ounces.

Adelaide is a sister for two-year-old Tabitha.

“As they say, timing is everything,” said Ambrose.

“We knew it was always going to be close and as it turned out we would have been right in the middle of the Nextel Cup race when little Adelaide arrived.

“Mum and baby are great and Tabitha is thrilled to have a little baby sister.

“Thankfully she looks more like her mum than me.

“Sonja and I would like to thank everyone who has been so supportive during the pregnancy and for the well wishes we have already received.”

Ambrose will continue his NASCAR Busch Series campaign at Kansas City, Kansas this weekend.

tassiedevilAB
24th September 2007, 11:01
Why not tell the truth & just say it ????? Marcos Ambrose sucked @ Dover !!!!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif
but instead Ambrose ran the Busch race only to finish mid-pack ... :rolleyes:

Busch Series Race @ Dover Top 10 Finishers
the Buschwackers finished 1-2-3 & took 7 of the top 10 spots :D :up:
01. Denny Hamlin #20 Chevrolet
02. Martin Truex Jr #8 Chevrolet
03. Matt Kenseth #17 Ford
04. Mike Bliss #22 Dodge
05. Reed Sorenson #41 Dodge
06. Carl Edwards #60 Ford
07. Brad Keselowski #88 Chevrolet
08. Jason Keller #11 Chevrolet
09. Greg Biffle #16 Ford
10. David Reutimann #99 Toyota

Hey Stan, I wasn't saying that Ambrose was going to win it , but any Busch driver, bloody hard to drive a back up car & expect a good return, but to end up 20th , in a field of B?WACKERS IN A CAR THAT WASN'T SET UP FOR THE OVAL IS PRETTY GOOD CONCIDERING THAT OTHERS IN BETTER CARS DIN'T FINISH.

i AM REALLY PUZZLED WHY the team would sacrifce a good finishing car with a new one that clearly needed testing before getting to Dover than run a test in practice & qualifying & crash it to not record a lap & have to start from scratch! Sometime the woods bite themselves in the arse for some crazy reason!

& also to bring a back up car to a track that it wasn't set up for is a bloody stupid idea from the team, didn't they have the car that he got a 6 th place finish in his last trip there.

tassiedevilAB
24th September 2007, 11:14
Don't know about the chickening out bit.Bloody good timing I would say! :s mokin:
BABY GIRL FOR AMBROSE FAMILY</SPAN>

Marcos Ambrose’s decision to pass up an opportunity to make his NASCAR Nextel Cup debut at Dover today was justified when his wife Sonja gave birth to their second child at 3pm in Charlotte, North Carolina today (6am Australian Eastern Standard Time).

Ambrose finished 20th in the NASCAR Busch Series race on Saturday in his #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion and then flew directly back to Charlotte to be with his wife.

Ambrose had been offered the chance to make his Nextel Cup debut in a second Robby Gordon Motorsport entry, but kindly declined the opportunity because he knew it would be “cutting it fine” with the impending birth.

Sonja went into labour at 8am this morning and was driven to hospital where Adelaide Elizabeth Ambrose arrived at 3.04pm weighting 7lbs 11 ounces.

Adelaide is a sister for two-year-old Tabitha.

“As they say, timing is everything,” said Ambrose.

“We knew it was always going to be close and as it turned out we would have been right in the middle of the Nextel Cup race when little Adelaide arrived.

“Mum and baby are great and Tabitha is thrilled to have a little baby sister.

“Thankfully she looks more like her mum than me.

“Sonja and I would like to thank everyone who has been so supportive during the pregnancy and for the well wishes we have already received.”

Ambrose will continue his NASCAR Busch Series campaign at Kansas City, Kansas this weekend.

Thanks for the info mercury8, that was really cutting it fine, good to see the Mum, baby & dad are copping well.

Robert Ryan
24th September 2007, 12:26
Hey Stan, I wasn't saying that Ambrose was going to win it , but any Busch driver, bloody hard to drive a back up car & expect a good return, but to end up 20th , in a field of B?WACKERS IN A CAR THAT WASN'T SET UP FOR THE OVAL IS PRETTY GOOD CONCIDERING THAT OTHERS IN BETTER CARS DIN'T FINISH
Pretty good effort seeing he started 43rd on owners points after wiping out he new car in practice.

muggle not
24th September 2007, 12:32
Remember, at 20 yrs age Kyle Busch won 2 nascar races and finished in the top 10 13 times........

tassiedevilAB
25th September 2007, 15:19
Remember, at 20 yrs age Kyle Busch won 2 nascar races and finished in the top 10 13 times........

yep he did , but he did it in a top class car, & also wrecked plenty in the meantime, his cars & others, he is a talented wildchild , but with less car equipment he would not have had those wins.

It would be good to see him in a car that has less recourses & see how he goes, same goes for the air head Denny , he even biaches now in a good ride?

Both of them need to stuggle & then you will see the excuses flying?
They will be more worried what the fans think than instead of getting there arses in & working with the teams!

Aussies know what battling is all about, in all motor sports & sports in general not one aussie has been given the top notch rides , but with endeavour & determination they always rise to the top of the sports they have chosen! Why is this so , mainly because we never give in!

RaikkonenRules
27th September 2007, 19:36
yep he did , but he did it in a top class car, & also wrecked plenty in the meantime, his cars & others, he is a talented wildchild , but with less car equipment he would not have had those wins.

It would be good to see him in a car that has less recourses & see how he goes, same goes for the air head Denny , he even biaches now in a good ride?

Both of them need to stuggle & then you will see the excuses flying?
They will be more worried what the fans think than instead of getting there arses in & working with the teams!

Aussies know what battling is all about, in all motor sports & sports in general not one aussie has been given the top notch rides , but with endeavour & determination they always rise to the top of the sports they have chosen! Why is this so , mainly because we never give in!

Good points there. Muggle not and Stan just always seem to overlook the differences between the different teams equipment compared to driver talent.

RaceFanStan
27th September 2007, 22:27
Contrary to what some of you may think, muggle not & I don't overlook anything !
He & I look at all the different things involved in a driver being a winner.
Marcos Ambrose has talent, unfortunately the Woods Brothers' equipment isn't going to show it.
Look at Nextel Cup Owner's Points, where is the #21 ?
It is 35th in points & it got there by putting a previous Cup champion in the seat. :eek:
You guys can sing the same song over & over but I'm telling you it ain't gonna happen !
Marcos Ambrose needs a good car to succeed .....
building a good Busch car isn't nearly as hard as it is to build a good Cup car !

All the fighting spirit in the world can't make a junk car perform better than it is capable of ! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

RaikkonenRules
28th September 2007, 08:07
Well you could of said that Wood Brothers sucked at Dover not Ambrose himself ;)

RaceFanStan
28th September 2007, 13:00
Well, it's the driver who gets the applause when his car is good ...
& he also gets the discredit when his car is bad ... it's just the way things are. :D

I would like to see what Marcos Ambrose could do in a Yates rocket or a Roush hotrod ... :D
Ambrose is a Ford guy, so his options are limited ... he does need to avoid Robby Gordon's cars. :eek:

RaikkonenRules
28th September 2007, 16:19
Well he's still ahead of Stephen Leicht who is in a Yates powerhouse and veterens such as Mike Wallace. Oh and of course he's ahead of Steve Wallace :p :