PDA

View Full Version : Alonso to Ferrari - Massa to Toyota....An interesting rationale?

seppefan
19th September 2007, 16:30
On the basis that Alonso does leave at the end of 2007 and Hamilton stays who would you think would be a good replacement.

Rosberg has said no,
Fisi is a no please,
Glock is German but Mclaren do not like people with little F1 experience,
de la rosa but I doubt he will stay either,
Paffett maybe just.
Sutil who is Hamiltons mate....

N. Jones
19th September 2007, 16:43
Fisi is the perfect partner! He can score points in a good car and he is NEVER a threat! :laugh:

yodasarmpit
19th September 2007, 17:30
If only they could persuade Dario to move over from the states :)

redson
19th September 2007, 17:36
Myself!!! I´m looking for a new job. Does McLaren pay well?

markabilly
19th September 2007, 18:46
Myself!!! I´m looking for a new job. Does McLaren pay well?

Probably not enough, given what the drivers have to pay the Mac mechanics to remember to tighten the lug nuts on their wheels....

jens
19th September 2007, 19:28
Hint: Ralf Schumacher still hasn't a contract for next year. ;) Hurry, McLaren, hurry!

weeflyonthewall
19th September 2007, 19:50
Hopefully Scott Speed has added his name to the list.

rabf1
19th September 2007, 20:20
Hopefully RD has learned that 2 "co-equal" drivers is not the way to go. Going that route has ripped his team apart and cost him millions. I think they would be better off hiring a designated #2 driver to support hamilton.

Stuartf12007
19th September 2007, 20:46
Get Nico Hulkenberg in, what a dream team him and hamilton would make.

truefan72
19th September 2007, 21:03
RSC is a good option for them in 2008

N. Jones
19th September 2007, 21:18
Ralf :laugh: Why pay 20mil in any currency for a weak , sulking driver?
They will find someone if need be. Hell, who wouldn't want to drive a top car?

jens
19th September 2007, 21:41
Depends, what can be meant by a "good option". If McLaren's other options happen to be drivers like de la Rosa and Wurz, then Ralf looks like a good option among them indeed. Actually I even think that Ralf can be a decent #2 if he feels comfortable in the car. When he was driving for a top team like Williams, he even didn't settle being a #2, but fought hard for the lead driver status, although was forced to yield narrowly.

I can't believe that a top team like McLaren will fall into trouble in finding a strong driver... if not a match to Hamilton, then at least a strong #2 driver. Even if Rosberg has refused to join McLaren, then I'm sure the likes of Sutil, Glock, some CCWS stars (Power? Doornbos?), Paffett, Davidson, Sato, Liuzzi,... - oh, I'm not going to continue that list - would be over the moon after getting a call from Ron. And Kovalainen (or maybe also Piquet Jr?) might be available if we are to believe the rumours that Alonso doesn't want to see the Finn alongside him at Renault.

Plenty of options, as you see. The hardest task would be to choose the best one from them...

Easy Drifter
19th September 2007, 22:00
You mean it will not be Milka Duno?

rabf1
19th September 2007, 22:05
Bring back DC.

Valve Bounce
20th September 2007, 00:10
I understand Ron Dennis still owes Davidson a test drive with McLaren as a prize for winning one of his junior formulae some time ago. Now is a good time for ant to remind Ron Dennis that he hasn't given ant that test drive yet!!

Hondo
20th September 2007, 00:38
It's not a problem. Max and Todt will figure out a way to ban McLaren for 2008 before the season starts. Ron won't need any drivers.

stevie_gerrard
20th September 2007, 00:46
I think it will be Paffett or De la Rosa personally. I don't see anybody outside of the Mclaren setup really making an impact, saying that i reckon fisi could be looking for a job after Renault take Alonso back.

You heard it here first ;) :p :

Valve Bounce
20th September 2007, 01:06
Is that why Audetto was talking to Fisi's manager at Spa??

Roamy
20th September 2007, 03:18
the will be concentrating on LH so whoever it is will have to sign as the lame driver for the team. So I don't think Button will so that leaves a rookie or someone like Fisi or DeLarosa. However Sutil could move up just to show he can kick LH's ass given equal equipment which he won't have.

truefan72
20th September 2007, 07:37
PDLR is gone from the team next year,
Of course they would'nt pay ralf $20 mill, but at $3-5 mill, you will get a strong driver who will steadily score points and podium occasionally. He would probably also win the odd race or two. they will need that if they have any chanvce at next year's WCC

I'm no huge RSC fan, but let's be realistic, out of all the guys out there, he is the most accomplished and the best option. next year won't be one to "break in a driver" maybe in 2009-10 but McClarne have a lot of work to do next year and can't afford lapses.

Personally, I would love to see S.Speed in there. I honeslty feel that his pace and temperament are ideally suited to Mcclaren, but that's more wishful thinking, one can only hope :)

leopard
20th September 2007, 08:01
We have overlooked a possibility that if Alonso leaves Mclaren this year's end, Hamilton will cry his hot tears because he can't find the fast Mercedez anymore for not having the proper set-up from Alonso. Alonso will take all McLaren's data as well as Ferrari technology he has earned during the spy scandal to the new team.

Replacing Alonso with only an average driver may have a risk McLaren to be the weakest team on the grid. :p :

Hawkmoon
20th September 2007, 09:37
Well, since McLaren are the last bastion of fairness and equality when it comes to drivers we can forget about there being a No. 2. As Uncle Ron always says, McLaren always have equal No. 1's. :rolleyes:

I think McLaren will pinch someone from another team. Kovalainen or Rosberg perhaps. You can forget about Italians, De Cesaris say to that back in the 80's, so Fisi has no chance.

I have a feeling that experience will count for a lot when McLaren makes their decision. I think that whomever they select will have been on the grid this year. It won't be a rookie.

leopard
20th September 2007, 10:21
As the result of this equal No. 1, the drivers aren't talking each other, the driver and the team boss is not talking either :\

18000rpm
20th September 2007, 10:39
What about Button? I know he is contracted with Honda but there's probably a performance clause somewhere.

Valve Bounce
20th September 2007, 10:49
Well, that is a problem because bunsen , he ain't been performing so good. :(
Should we invoke the Santa Clause?

leopard
20th September 2007, 10:58
No problem, if you can guarantee Button can be so good :)

Valve Bounce
20th September 2007, 12:54
Well, if he ain't performing so good, I can only guarantee that he ain't so good. That good enough??

F1MAN2007
20th September 2007, 14:00
[quote]
We have overlooked a possibility that if Alonso leaves Mclaren this year's end, Hamilton will cry his hot tears because he can't find the fast Mercedez anymore for not having the proper set-up from Alonso. Alonso will take all McLaren's data as well as Ferrari technology he has earned during the spy scandal to the new team.

Replacing Alonso with only an average driver may have a risk McLaren to be the weakest team on the grid. :p :[\quote]

Your theory seems to be perfect!

18000rpm
20th September 2007, 16:06
So if the options are Jensen or Ralf - which should McLaren pick?

NoahsGirl
20th September 2007, 16:20
Alonso will be driving for McLaren next year, I can't see him not, he has a 3 years deal etc. Who the heck would take him? I'm not sure I would take a sulking, spoilt trecherous driver.

Okay, say he does go, I don't know who would fill that role to be destroyed by Hamilton, but I would love to see Dario in the car. Pity he's off to NASCAR.

seppefan
20th September 2007, 16:36
If Alonso arrives at Ferrari then would Kimi be so happy ? Would he look at how Alonson always got into a strop at Renault when he was beaten by Fisi and how he has not spoken to Ron Dennis for a month because he does not have number one status which he knew he would not get when he signed. Will Kimi want that as a team mate or would Kimi jump....so is it

Massa & Kimi
Kimi & Alonso
Alonso & Massa

rabf1
20th September 2007, 16:39
"if the options are Jensen or Ralf - which should McLaren pick"

Ralf. I don't think Button has really ever done much. But I don't think either of these two are a realistic possibility. At this point I think mcLaren need someone with integrity that can bring some stability back to the team and help LH and someone who wouldn't cost too much. I think DC would be perfect. Possibly Rubins.

Giuseppe F1
20th September 2007, 16:40
The below all sounds very plausible however, as it would seem Alonso wants to leave McLaren owing to him not receiving unquestionable #1 status, hard to believe how at Ferrari, with a driver of Kimi's calibre in the other seat, how Fernando could again argue to have preferential status in the team - especially since Ferrari have proven that post-Scgumacher this year they have operated a very fair and open equal status policy re drivers.

The Fillipi/Todt link also adds alot of credibility to this report for me as a way of appeasing Nicolas Todt

Stranger things have happened.....

============================

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19670.html

Alonso to Renault? Why not Ferrari? (20.09.07)

There is no doubt that part of the negotiation going on at Spa last weekend was to find a way for Fernando Alonso to get out of his McLaren contract. Our spies suggest that while everyone seems to think that Fernando will wash up at Renault, it is much more likely that he will be popping up as Kimi Raikkonen's team-mate at Ferrari. The Italian team would obviously have to pay a considerable sum of money in order to achieve that goal but no doubt that money could be used by McLaren to find a replacement and perhaps even to pay its fine.

Alonso was busy doing the rounds in Spa and was spotted at Red Bull Racing, which can only be seen as a courtesy call, rather than something serious. At the same time the sharp-eyed observers will have seen Felipe Massa visiting Toyota.

We also hear that a group of Ferrari owners recently visited the factory in Italy and were told by a senior Ferrari man that there was a possibility that Alonso would drive for Ferrari next season and that the team was working on a deal.

All this would involve Massa moving on to become number one at Toyota, which would be a lucrative move but might not help his career as a Grand Prix winner. It would also create some interesting dynamics in the Todt Family.

Massa is managed by Nicolas Todt - Jean's son - and he may not be happy to see his charge being booted out of Maranello. This might perhaps explain the fact that another Todt Jr protege - Luca Filippi - is now being mentioned as a possible Ferrari test driver next year.

N. Jones
20th September 2007, 17:57
Jeez, Massa to Toyota... I can't see Felipe liking that idea much unless he values dollars higher than on track glory.

ratonmacias
20th September 2007, 18:19
if true massa will become the jaques villeneuve of the decade only without the wdc to his credit. well that actually would make him the coulthard of the decade.

Firstgear
20th September 2007, 18:27
It took Kimi half a season to figure out the Ferrari. This made Massa look pretty good in comparison. Now that Kimi has settled in, Massa won't have a chance. Massa would be wise to move on now. If not, he'll just be rear gunning for Kimi like he did for MS last year.

Tazio
20th September 2007, 19:22
I was thinking of a Fred Kimi Duo. At first I didn't think Kimi would like it. But I think Kimi wants to beat the best. Kimi will go about his business, and race hard no matter who is in the other red car.
A dream team

Tazio
20th September 2007, 19:22
I was thinking of a Fred Kimi Duo. At first I didn't think Kimi would like it. But I think Kimi wants to beat the best. Kimi will go about his business, and race hard no matter who is in the other red car.
A dream team.

Juppe
20th September 2007, 19:43
I could not understand how Ferrari could ever think Fernando Alonso a suitable driver in their team... and now that I think of it, I couldn't understand any team wanting him anymore.

It does not matter how great a driver you are (which, I admit Alonso is), but if you can blackmail and threaten your own team for personal gain, that should be definite no-no to any team owner.

Meantime Fred has made some powerful enemies and I would not be surprised, if he was out of F1 very soon.

If Ron Dennis could, he'd probably had him Montoyed to Nascar.

trumperZ06
20th September 2007, 20:16
;) Sorry, duplicate post.

trumperZ06
20th September 2007, 20:17
I could not understand how Ferrari could ever think Fernando Alonso a suitable driver in their team... and now that I think of it, I couldn't understand any team wanting him anymore.

It does not matter how great a driver you are (which, I admit Alonso is), but if you can blackmail and threaten your own team for personal gain, that should be definite no-no to any team owner.

Meantime Fred has made some powerful enemies and I would not be surprised, if he was out of F1 very soon.

If Ron Dennis could, he'd probably had him Montoyed to Nascar.
;) Earlier I thought Dennis might choose to "park" Alonso with Richards.

Now, I think Dennis will shed himself of Alonso entirely.

:rolleyes: After Alsono's attempted Black-Mail... anyone that would consider hiring him seems rather foolish !!!

Malbec
20th September 2007, 20:43
If McLaren had to choose between Jensen and Ralf they'd pick Jensen.

Ralf is someone who has been consistently outqualified by his teammate except for a short period during the summer when presumably he was also trying to negotiate a new contract.

Jensen is usually on a par with or beating his teammate and has put in some sublime drives this season notwithstanding the fact that they don't tend to get noticed because he's at the back of the grid.

However McLaren has another choice. SFW is still short of money so a quick whip around at the Paragon centre may be required to bring Nico Rosberg over.

Stuartf12007
20th September 2007, 22:18
The Hulk

Flat.tyres
20th September 2007, 22:34
Button if you could get him would fit perfectly into McLaren

Hawkmoon
20th September 2007, 23:19
Whomever at Ferrari thinks Alonso is a good buy should be taken out and soundly beaten! They don't need him. They've already nailed their colours to Kimi's mast and all Alonso will do is upset the balance of the team.

The Schumacher Era proved that a No.1 / No.2 driver policy is the best bet to win world championships. This year McLaren have proved that equal No.1s who are genuine title contenders is a recipe for disaster. The only time that having two contenders in the same team will work is if you build an F2004 or MP4-4. Those kinds of cars don't come along very often.

Valve Bounce
21st September 2007, 02:50
Alonso will return to Flav and Rosberg will go to McLaren (contract payout pending for Frank). You heard it from me first!
There will be one almighty rush for Franks vacant seat, and the thickest chequebook wins.

leopard
21st September 2007, 04:33
I don't think any driver would be happy to welcome a new better driver with two titles in hand. But if Ferrari wants it to happen he just only need to accept and respect the team decision.

I can't blame Alonso for not speaking the boss.

Mr. Ron Deny denied his promise to give the first status for Alonson once signed him. :(

leopard
21st September 2007, 04:42
Rosberg isn't too good for Hamilton, He is fast now

Priorat
21st September 2007, 06:09
Best place to go for Alonso is back to the school . He should learn to be a better person as he is missing class to stay in F1.

ShiftingGears
21st September 2007, 06:23
As if Massa would be stupid enough to go to Toyota! Also, Ferrari have said that they don't want Alonso a number of times.

Juppe
21st September 2007, 07:31
Whatever Frank might say, I think Nico must be the number one candidate to replace Fernando.

If, Ron and Flavio can reach some kind of an agreement, then I think it is possible that they swap drivers and then there would be a chance for Heikki. But I think this as a less likely scenario.

Either one of them would be a good fit for McLaren PR-wise, both are good team players and do not engage themselves in political games and are loyal to their teams. That is something Ron must value by now.

janneppi
21st September 2007, 07:44
I merged the three threads which were talking about Ferrari, McLaren and their drivers as they were essentially the same talk about the same people.

I'm too lazy to read all three of them. :p :

pino
21st September 2007, 07:47
There's no chance that Alonso can drive for Ferrari next year ;) Maybe in 2009...maybe :p :

leopard
21st September 2007, 08:00
yeaaah, Ferrari doesn't need qualified driver, they are quite safe in the runner-up with current drivers while creating another professional Stepney to send lawsuit to those team in front for duplicating their technology and hoping the title from disqualifying someone else. :\ :p :

btw, We are experiencing problem on posting 'quick reply' while 'quote' problem isn't yet fixed, have you noticed it? :)

janneppi
21st September 2007, 08:05
Yes, quick reply does work(for me anyway) despite the error notice, if unsure, copy the text you have written and check if the post has gone through.

leopard
21st September 2007, 08:11
Currently that's a thing we can do, once the post gone trough checked and find the same two or three posts, delete them right away. If not I'm sure reading the same two or three posts make you more lazy :p : :)

janneppi
21st September 2007, 08:18
Don't click the post quick reply button more than once. :p :

leopard
21st September 2007, 08:24
okay

leopard
21st September 2007, 08:25
The error message didn't mention notice not to click the button more than once, it just said okay :p :

Juppe
21st September 2007, 11:06
Leopardsleeping

I don't think any driver would be happy to welcome a new better driver with two titles in hand. But if Ferrari wants it to happen he just only need to accept and respect the team decision.

I can't blame Alonso for not speaking the boss.

Mr. Ron Deny denied his promise to give the first status for Alonson once signed him.

It must be tough to try to stay devoted fan of Fernando these days?

When did Ron promise him the #1 status! At the time he thought that his drivers will be Kimi/Fernando?

Don't think so.

Tomski
21st September 2007, 12:02
"Glock is German but Mclaren do not like people with little F1 experience"

What a load of tosh!!

Please explain how Lewis Hamilton got his job!!!

ShiftingGears
21st September 2007, 12:21
Hadn't hired a rookie since Alain Prost in 1980. Hamilton has been involved with McLaren for a long time.

Edit: whoops...I meant Andretti in '93. But I think Mr Dennis would rather forget that.

ioan
21st September 2007, 13:35
Juppe,

I think that Ferrari had signed Kimi before McLaren signed FA, but they chose to make it official only 1 year later, unlike Ron!

Juppe
21st September 2007, 14:10
Ioan

Juppe,

I think that Ferrari had signed Kimi before McLaren signed FA, but they chose to make it official only 1 year later, unlike Ron!

I think so too, but I also think that Ron genuinely didn't know at the time of Alonso signing that Kimi was a goner. I can be wrong, of course.

ioan
21st September 2007, 17:52
Juppe

I think so too, but I also think that Ron genuinely didn't know at the time of Alonso signing that Kimi was a goner. I can be wrong, of course.

You may be right too. I guess we will now one day, maybe!

wmcot
21st September 2007, 19:36
Personally, I think Alonso should be given a year off to re-think his position in F1. I'm not saying he is wrong in thinking Lewis is favored, but the same moodiness was going around at Renault.

jas123f1
21st September 2007, 22:00
Maybe it's a bit risky to say it - but I think Kovalainen goes to McLaren and Fisi can keep his drive a year more.. Alonso and Fisi works very well together and I think it will be the same the same with Hamilton and Kovalainen. I think also that Flavio doesn't even pay that much to Ron and every one will be happy. :) Kovalainen too…

Juppe
22nd September 2007, 00:35
Well Jas123f1,

As Ron suffered a serious blow to his budget by a certain driver, I think he will do his utmost to get as much money out of Fernando's contract, if somebody will have him.

Even if he wants to get rid of him, I still think he retains Alonso as a highly paid janitor and humiliates him rather than to let rivals have him free.

Valve Bounce
22nd September 2007, 02:54
Best place to go for Alonso is back to the school . He should learn to be a better person as he is missing class to stay in F1.

Do they still have Sunday Bible classes in Spain these days?

Hondo
22nd September 2007, 03:24
I don't know that Alonso's attitude is much different that Senna's, really.

wmcot
22nd September 2007, 05:54
I don't know that Alonso's attitude is much different that Senna's, really.
And that's what concerns me - Suzuka 1990...

Valve Bounce
23rd September 2007, 10:45
Rosberg has said no,

Where did you hear that?

And my other question is: Why would Ferrari want to hire a snake in the grass?

jso1985
23rd September 2007, 23:56
oh! so you need "class" to be in F1? :eek:

I thought being a fast driver(with cash preferably) was enough...

samuratt
24th September 2007, 10:50
Do they still have Sunday Bible classes in Spain these days?

No at all Vale. you can have them at church though.

Very funny comments and thoughts, but Fernando will be at McLaren next year. He has no chance to go to Renault and a small one to end in a Ferrari... and apart from all that has happened, I still think that McLaren need Fernando to make a winning car... since Lewis is still unable to setup a car to make it faster as we have seen recently.

samuratt
24th September 2007, 10:54
Where did you hear that?

And my other question is: Why would Ferrari want to hire a snake in the grass?

because no matter what, the snake wins!
We can say the same about Ferrari too.

Juppe
24th September 2007, 11:01
No at all Vale. you can have them at church though.

Very funny comments and thoughts, but Fernando will be at McLaren next year. He has no chance to go to Renault and a small one to end in a Ferrari... and apart from all that has happened, I still think that McLaren need Fernando to make a winning car... since Lewis is still unable to setup a car to make it faster as we have seen recently.

I'm be quite certain that Fernando will not be driving for McLaren next year. No amount of setup skills will mend his relationship with Ron. When you cross the line, it does not matter any more how good a driver you are and I think Fernando has crossed that line.

BenRoethig
24th September 2007, 17:40
If only they could persuade Dario to move over from the states :)

Dario's too much of a competitor and far too humble to fit in F1.

jens
24th September 2007, 18:13
Umm. I'm satisfied with the current Ferrari pairing and therefore see no point in hiring Alonso. The athmosphere in Ferrari looks positive and there is no reason to try to ruin it. If Felipe is really forced to join Toyota, then... I will simply feel sorry to him.

Flat.tyres
24th September 2007, 19:18
Dario's too much of a competitor and far too humble to fit in F1.

He's a good boy alright. Proud to have met him several times and like the kid. Must run in the family ;)

Possibly not the skill that would make it in F1 but possibly a better racer for it.

Flat.tyres
24th September 2007, 19:19
Umm. I'm satisfied with the current Ferrari pairing and therefore see no point in hiring Alonso. The athmosphere in Ferrari looks positive and there is no reason to try to ruin it. If Felipe is really forced to join Toyota, then... I will simply feel sorry to him.

Don't bother feeling sorry. Not going to happen.

Garry Walker
25th September 2007, 09:56
Umm. I'm satisfied with the current Ferrari pairing and therefore see no point in hiring Alonso. The athmosphere in Ferrari looks positive and there is no reason to try to ruin it.

I agree. Alonso would poison the Ferrari team at once. He is a jerk.

Flat.tyres
25th September 2007, 10:19
Ferrari - Unchanged
McLaren - LH, JB
Renault - FA, HK
BMW - Unchanged

Garry Walker
25th September 2007, 10:26
Ferrari - Unchanged
McLaren - LH, JB
Renault - FA, HK
BMW - Unchanged

Button at McLaren? Please be serious :D

samuratt
25th September 2007, 10:42
I'm be quite certain that Fernando will not be driving for McLaren next year. No amount of setup skills will mend his relationship with Ron. When you cross the line, it does not matter any more how good a driver you are and I think Fernando has crossed that line.

So you do really believe everything Mr Dennis has said over the past few days about Fernando blackmailing the team, don't you? And why Hamilton wasn't fired when he insulted Dennis and the team at hungary though? is that the behaviour we should expect from a nice employee?

Both drivers should have been fired, but Dennis is going to keep Hamilton just because he is english, while still has Fernando and De La Rosa to act as scape goats for all the mistakes McLaren has had over the seasson.

in my opinion Fernando will stay as long as he wins. Dennis maybe a liar but is not stupid.

Flat.tyres
25th September 2007, 10:43
Button at McLaren? Please be serious :D

I assume he has a team performance clause in his Honda contract.

So, he's fast, shown great professionalism this year with a great attitude and maturity, is stable now and given a good car, is still potentially a champion. He would be a good partner for Lewis and is highly respected around the paddock for not just his ability and style but the way he has not given up this year.

Also good for a corporate perspective. Always presentable and the sort of image a younger Mercedes wants to attract from BMW.

Good fit? Who would be better?

jens
25th September 2007, 14:38
Ferrari - Unchanged
McLaren - LH, JB
Renault - FA, HK
BMW - Unchanged

I think it's becoming quite obvious that in case Alonso goes back to Renault, his team-mate would be his "old lapdog" Fisichella...

Flat.tyres
25th September 2007, 14:43
I think it's becoming quite obvious that in case Alonso goes back to Renault, his team-mate would be his "old lapdog" Fisichella...

I don't know if Renault can afford to go with Fisi and drop HK.

Alonso would be happy if they did but we'll see. Could go either way.

Juppe
25th September 2007, 14:51
So you do really believe everything Mr Dennis has said over the past few days about Fernando blackmailing the team, don't you? And why Hamilton wasn't fired when he insulted Dennis and the team at hungary though? is that the behaviour we should expect from a nice employee?

Both drivers should have been fired, but Dennis is going to keep Hamilton just because he is english, while still has Fernando and De La Rosa to act as scape goats for all the mistakes McLaren has had over the seasson.

in my opinion Fernando will stay as long as he wins. Dennis maybe a liar but is not stupid.

Yes, you really need to question Ron's balls these days, don't you. Where is the old Ron who kicked JPM out for far less? Where's the Ron who thought Kimi's bar excursions were far too damaging for the image of his team?

Now there are these too rascals who seemingly get away with anything.

Has Fernando denied the blackmailing part? Because if he didn't I'd expect him to be very vocal about it. I would be, if I was wrongly accused of blackmailing.

Flat.tyres
25th September 2007, 14:56
Yes, you really need to question Ron's balls these days, don't you. Where is the old Ron who kicked JPM out for far less? Where's the Ron who thought Kimi's bar excursions were far too damaging for the image of his team?

Now there are these too rascals who seemingly get away with anything.

Has Fernando denied the blackmailing part? Because if he didn't I'd expect him to be very vocal about it. I would be, if I was wrongly accused of blackmailing.

And the Hamilton exchange was blown out of all proportion. What was reportedly said was not.

ClarkFan
25th September 2007, 16:29

That would make Kovalainen a hot property. If Renault drops Fisi, he will be challenged to find a ride. HK has had a promising rookie season, improving steadily, and would be in high demand. I would only expect to see HK leave Renault if McLaren essentially paid Alonso's salary as part of a deal to get HK for McLaren.

If paired with either Rosberg or Kovalainen, Hamilton would find that he isn't the only hot young driver...... :s

ClarkFan

trumperZ06
25th September 2007, 17:12

;) Hhmmm... not a peep out of Alonso... since he ratted out the McLaren team.

:eek: Strange that he's not issued a denial... after Publicy being accused of attempted...

Black Mail !!!

:dozey: My guess is... the only team that will have Alonso now is....

Renault... and I'm not sure everyone @ Renault wants him there.

ioan
25th September 2007, 18:29
And the Hamilton exchange was blown out of all proportion. What was reportedly said was not.

How do you know it :?:

jas123f1
25th September 2007, 22:19
Well Jas123f1,

As Ron suffered a serious blow to his budget by a certain driver, I think he will do his utmost to get as much money out of Fernando's contract, if somebody will have him.

Even if he wants to get rid of him, I still think he retains Alonso as a highly paid janitor and humiliates him rather than to let rivals have him free.

Sure Ron did, but what I’m not that sure, is that Ferrari is too much interested of Alonso. Both Ferrari drivers has a contract for next year and however I should be surprised if one of them will be without a Ferrari drive.

And Alonso has a fat contract with McLaren, so Ron has to pay him if Alonso doesn't take any other drive for next season. The Feelings in the team is not on the top today and it's a bit difficult to see that it would be better next season because Lewis IS Rons favorite.

So Renault for Alonso is still my tip – but who really knows :) and I still think that also if Flavio maybe will pay amount, it will not be much - i think :)

Juppe
25th September 2007, 22:36

So Renault for Alonso is still my tip – but who really knows :) and I still think that also if Flavio maybe will pay amount, it will not be much - i think :)

If Ron got Heikki in exchange, then Ron, Flavio, Alonso and Heikki would all be happy. :)

Flat.tyres
26th September 2007, 12:47
How do you know it :?:

I though everyone did.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/08/10/motor.hamilton/index.html

Valve Bounce
26th September 2007, 12:56
I assume he has a team performance clause in his Honda contract.

So, he's fast, shown great professionalism this year with a great attitude and maturity, is stable now and given a good car, is still potentially a champion. He would be a good partner for Lewis and is highly respected around the paddock for not just his ability and style but the way he has not given up this year.

Also good for a corporate perspective. Always presentable and the sort of image a younger Mercedes wants to attract from BMW.

Good fit? Who would be better?

Somebody who doesn't renege on his contract; twice. Somebody who is a real winner - like Ralfie.

Valve Bounce
26th September 2007, 12:59
....................but I think Rosberg is the driver favoured to replace Alonso at McLaren.

ioan
26th September 2007, 14:31
I though everyone did.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/08/10/motor.hamilton/index.html

I see:

World championship leader Lewis Hamilton and title holder and McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso are planning a holiday meeting in the build-up to the Turkish Grand Prix on August 26.

Did this holiday meeting ever materialize?! I think not. Not a very credible article it seems! :p :

Flat.tyres
26th September 2007, 14:35
I see:

Did this holiday meeting ever materialize?! I think not. Not a very credible article it seems! :p :

Don't be so juvernile. We were talking about the conversation where it was alledged and widely reported that Lewis used the F word against Dennis. Stop playing stupid because you know that Dennis and Hamilton issued a statement refuting it.

Ranger
26th September 2007, 14:37
Did this holiday meeting ever materialize?!

Yes. Check the facts before dismissing please.
[quote="f1.com, Thursday before Turkish GP"]Hamilton and Alonso clear the air in IstanbulThings were very relaxed in the McLaren camp yesterday after Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso spent the day &#8216]

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/8/6653.html

ShiftingGears
26th September 2007, 14:41
I see:

It did happen. It was more like a day off used to discuss the role of teammates and such rather than a holiday. Theres a quote from at least one of them on it somewhere.
EDIT: There you go.

ioan
26th September 2007, 17:06
It did happen. It was more like a day off used to discuss the role of teammates and such rather than a holiday. Theres a quote from at least one of them on it somewhere.

Where?!

ioan
26th September 2007, 17:10
Yes. Check the facts before dismissing please.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/8/6653.html

You post a link to a conversation between the two of them during the Turkish GP weekend.

The article I was questioning was talking about a holiday that was planned between the Hungarian and the Turkish GPs!

I do check my facts. You could at least read carefully before trying to be a smart @ss.

ioan
26th September 2007, 17:20
Don't be so juvernile. We were talking about the conversation where it was alledged and widely reported that Lewis used the F word against Dennis. Stop playing stupid because you know that Dennis and Hamilton issued a statement refuting it.

Ron Dennis refuted everything this season.
When it was clear that their drivers don't get along well they said it's only the media twisting it. We all know that was not the truth!

When they were accused of cheating Ron claimed it was only a rogue employee. It is a well known fact that several team members were aware of them using Ferrari data!

No way I would believe him when he says the F word wasn't used by Hamilton.
Dismissing what the press writes on the basis of them making up things, just because it doesn't suit your POV, but without having any proof against it, is juvenile!

Even the email between FA and PDLR was in the end proved to exist, so the press don't just make some smoke without fire.

And we also know that Alonso didn't accept Ron's invitation to spend time with him and Hamilton on his yacht!
So where and when happened the holiday meeting the article was referring to?!

Valve Bounce
26th September 2007, 23:36

Maybe they were swapping e-mail addresses with Pedro. :p :

Ranger
27th September 2007, 02:16
You post a link to a conversation between the two of them during the Turkish GP weekend.

The article I was questioning was talking about a holiday that was planned between the Hungarian and the Turkish GPs!

I do check my facts. You could at least read carefully before trying to be a smart @ss.

Mate... It wasn't on the GP weekend, and it was between the Hungarian and Turkish GP's. I said the article was written on the Thursday before the race, meaning the holiday meeting took place on the Wednesday. Must this be so complicated? The fact that we are arguing about the pedantics of when the meeting took place obviously doesn't detract from the fact that the meeting happened. :\

ioan
27th September 2007, 09:45
Mate... It wasn't on the GP weekend, and it was between the Hungarian and Turkish GP's. I said the article was written on the Thursday before the race, meaning the holiday meeting took place on the Wednesday. Must this be so complicated? The fact that we are arguing about the pedantics of when the meeting took place obviously doesn't detract from the fact that the meeting happened. :\

Here's what you posted:

[quote=" f1.com, Thursday before Turkish GP"]
Hamilton and Alonso clear the air in IstanbulThings were very relaxed in the McLaren camp yesterday after Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso spent the day &#8216]

How is that it wasn't on the GP week end?!

You tell me to check my facts and other such BS and than you post rubbish.

I give up, personal attacks is all you get if you question someone's opinion. There's no way to make some people to reason or to use a bit of common sense around here.

janneppi
27th September 2007, 09:56
ioan, the article Mallen posted was published on the 24th August, Thursday, refers to yesterday which apparently was a wednsday, which isn't part of a GP a weekend. ;)

ioan
27th September 2007, 10:18
ioan, the article Mallen posted was published on the 24th August, Thursday, refers to yesterday which apparently was a wednsday, which isn't part of a GP a weekend. ;)

Yeah and the break between the 2 races was only 3 days maybe?! They were there because of the GP not because they wanted to make peace.
There were reports of how RD invited both drivers on a yacht for a little holiday, trying to settle things, and we know that FA never accepted the offer.

It is clear that FA and LH don't get along at all, to the point of pushing each other out of the track, so why do people insist that they did settle things and everything is OK?

Sorry for not jumping on the RD's rosy McLaren bandwagon! ;)

Ranger
27th September 2007, 10:22
Here's what you posted:

How is that it wasn't on the GP week end?!

You tell me to check my facts and other such BS and than you post rubbish.

I give up, personal attacks is all you get if you question someone's opinion. There's no way to make some people to reason or to use a bit of common sense around here.
I haven't insulted you and as what I've said is 100% common sense.

[quote="janneppi"]ioan, the article Mallen posted was published on the 24th August, Thursday, refers to yesterday which apparently was a wednsday, which isn't part of a GP a weekend. ] That's pretty much the balls of what I'm saying. Hence, the holiday meeting DID take place during the two GP's.

This a futile argument anyway.

Ranger
27th September 2007, 10:24
Yeah and the break between the 2 races was only 3 days maybe?! They were there because of the GP not because they wanted to make peace.
There were reports of how RD invited both drivers on a yacht for a little holiday, trying to settle things, and we know that FA never accepted the offer.

It is clear that FA and LH don't get along at all, to the point of pushing each other out of the track, so why do people insist that they did settle things and everything is OK?

Sorry for not jumping on the RD's rosy McLaren bandwagon! ;)

Still, the holiday meeting did take place, however someone chooses to pick the eyes out of the article you first mentioned.

Juppe
28th September 2007, 19:12
Oh, I just thought I'd share this with you:

(Sorry in Finnish)

http://www.turunsanomat.fi/f1/?ts=1,3:2001:0:0,4:34:0:0:0;4:35:0:0:0;4:36:46:1:2 007-09-25,104:36:488102,1:0:0:0:0:0:

McLaren doctor, Aki Hintsa, says that "driving alongside Kimi would destroy Alonso mentally".

janneppi
28th September 2007, 19:28
The gist of that column Juppe linked is that the whole rumour was supposedly started by some Spanish journalists, who were asking the writer how would Kimi feel driving alongside with Alonso before the story began rotating around F1 paddocs. :)

donKey jote
1st October 2007, 21:26
How about Alonso and De la Rosa to McLarenB/Prodrive ? :p :

trumperZ06
2nd October 2007, 00:47
How about Alonso and De la Rosa to McLarenB/Prodrive ? :p :

;) Before Alonso's attempt to Blackmail Ron Dennis... I thought RD might choose to "park" FA @ ProDrive. It seemed like a...Good solution:

1. It removes FA from the " A " team,
2. let's him be Number One @ ProDrive,
3. and NOT having him competing against you.

Now... I think Dennis has had enough of Alonso's actions and would sooner just dump him.

:s mokin:

donKey jote
2nd October 2007, 19:30
In Spain there was brief speculation today about the Banco Santander sponsoring Alonso and Pedro in the "new" Mercedes team (Mercedes buy out McLaren) , while Ron and Hamilton would go to Prodrive, which would sport Abbey (a recent Santander acquisition) stickers. :p :