PDA

View Full Version : Freezing

Mark
18th September 2007, 08:57
It's freezing this morning. Winter has arrived. Pity the summer never did.

Dave B
18th September 2007, 09:08
Same down in Kent, although the sun's out now and it's warming up nicely.

Daniel
18th September 2007, 09:35
Yeah not the warmest here either. My parents are going up to Aberdeen tomorrow and then up to the Faeroe Islands :mark: They were saying on the weekend that there is the possibility of snow in high places in Scotland.

As Arnie would say "A freeeeeeeze is coming" :s mokin:

Curryhead
18th September 2007, 10:35
yup, cars iced over here this morning :/

schmenke
18th September 2007, 14:45
Ditto on this side of the pond :mark: :

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-52_metric_e.html

5 Day Forecast

Issued by Environment Canada: 5.00 AM MDT Tuesday 18 September 2007

Today: Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this morning. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High 10.

Tonight: Cloudy. 40 percent chance of rain showers or flurries overnight. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low plus 1.

Wednesday: Cloudy. 40 percent chance of rain showers or flurries early in the morning. Clearing in the afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h late in the day. High 10.

Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud. Low plus 2. High 13.

Friday: Sunny. Low plus 3. High 20. Saturday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 6. High 9.

:s

Drew
18th September 2007, 17:35
Yeah not the warmest here either. My parents are going up to Aberdeen tomorrow and then up to the Faeroe Islands :mark: They were saying on the weekend that there is the possibility of snow in high places in Scotland.

As Arnie would say "A freeeeeeeze is coming" :s mokin:

Faroe Islands, are they off to watch football? :p :

It's been quite nice here, with a cool breeze. I wonder what was the hottest temperature in the UK this summer?

nicemms
18th September 2007, 18:28
It was way too cold today and they haven't put the heating on at school yet!

GridGirl
18th September 2007, 21:52
Freezing cold indeed. I even thought about reaching for the back of my seat to find and put on my gloves as my steering wheel was so cold to hold this morning. To think that Autumn doesn't officially start till next week...

RaikkonenRules
18th September 2007, 21:58
Cold here too despite the sun being out :( Winter is coming

J4MIE
18th September 2007, 23:05
Only 8 months to go till it starts getting warm again :(

tinchote
19th September 2007, 03:27
Ditto on this side of the pond :mark: :

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-52_metric_e.html

That's what happens when you are on the wrong city ;) :D

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/sk-32_metric_e.html

5 day forecast

Issued 4.00 PM CST Tuesday 18 September 2007

Tonight: Clear. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 1 with frost.

Wednesday: Sunny. High 19. UV index 4 or moderate.

Wednesday night: Increasing cloudiness in the evening. Low 8.

Thursday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 17.

Friday: Sunny. Low plus 3. High 17.

Saturday: Sunny. Low 8. High 25.

oily oaf
19th September 2007, 07:26
Funnily enough it was a blinding day in Old London Town yesterday where of course the smoke from my pipe forms a type of greenhouse effect and prevents the mercury from ever sinking below freezing.
Mind you folks when I went off on my paper round this morning (15 bob a week and all the Dolly Mixtures I can eat) it was well "taters" and I noticed quite a few of the dead bodies outside Shoreditch tube station had a light glazing of frost on their eyebrows. :(
Still mustn't grumble eh? Pass the Factor 30 sugartits. :s mokin:

gadjo_dilo
19th September 2007, 09:10
Still summer here. Yesterday 30 C degrees, today we'll have 29.

schmenke
19th September 2007, 17:35
Bloody hell, it's snowing now :s

Not a magpie to be seen...

veeten
19th September 2007, 18:24
no snow here, just fall-like temps :)

A little chilly in the morning, but that is to be expected this time of year.

stevie_gerrard
19th September 2007, 23:55
It is very cold for September, i'm quite disappointed it hasn't stayed warm for a while longer :(

Drew
20th September 2007, 00:02
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6228765.stm

hehe :p :

iks
21st September 2007, 06:40
hmmm, what happened to El Nino and the warmest year in living history forecast? hehe.

In actual reality, a La Nina has been in development in the Pacific Ocean this summer and will affect the upcoming fall and winter seasons. I would say it has had an effect on global weather this year for quite some time. Exactly when its effects started is too hard to say though. There really isn't a hard line for that. But the water in those regions has been getting cooler so it is progressing.