PDA

View Full Version : this Lewis guy is annoying

ratonmacias
17th September 2007, 21:58
first he starts like a kamikaze without regard towards the others drivers with moves that would make michael schumacher like mother teresa, overtakes massa by cutting a chicane at monza, and now he cries about alonso defending his position at spa. god the world isnt only about you.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62506

markabilly
18th September 2007, 00:20
first he starts like a kamikaze without regard towards the others drivers with moves that would make michael schumacher like mother teresa, overtakes massa by cutting a chicane at monza, and now he cries about alonso defending his position at spa. god the world isnt only about you.

It ain't his fault, He has been reading up on Moderator Janneppie's (or how ever you spell it)views on the body slam almost delivered by freddie the blackmailer....... :mad:

Tazio
18th September 2007, 01:07

Exactly!
Agressive driving is a knife that cuts both ways!

jso1985
18th September 2007, 01:17
He certainly has the attitude of a champion! now he only needs to actually win one ;)

Honestly all great champions used to criticise their rivals when getting a taste of their own dirty medicine

truefan72
18th September 2007, 03:48
I don't think LH ran ANY driver deliberatley off track,
I don't recall LH ever attempting to end another drivers race, as well as potentially causing an accident.

You guys see what you want to see and it is plain and clear for whatever reason you don't like him, ergo anything he does or says receives a hugelly inflated sense of characterization by the lot.

Mifune
18th September 2007, 04:16
I don't think LH ran ANY driver deliberatley off track,
I don't recall LH ever attempting to end another drivers race, as well as potentially causing an accident.

You guys see what you want to see and it is plain and clear for whatever reason you don't like him, ergo anything he does or says receives a hugelly inflated sense of characterization by the lot.

yeah you would think that would be self evident, but sadly not for some.
tedious thread, dont know why im perpetuating it? (><)

Tazio
18th September 2007, 04:30
Blundell Chirps in

I've watched Hamilton very closely over the last couple of races and I wonder if the pressure is not starting to get to him. The pressure is definitely creeping up a notch with every race. Lewis has never been in this position before. His principal rival for the title knows how to fight, and on any level. Now he is coming after him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/sport/2007/09/18/smblun118.xml

It's gonna' be a Seventeen Rounder...No standing eight count...And you can't be saved by the bell!!

keysersoze
18th September 2007, 13:46
I can't recall a time Lewis failed to leave his opponent racing room. With Massa at Monza it was very close, but there was still some, and Felipe still managed to clip Hamilton's right rear at the chicane.

From where I was sitting, at Spa FA just drove LH off the track. But Lewis had the wherewithal to expect it and take avoiding action.

I'm not a Hamilton fan, but it looks like he is driving for a championship. However, if he truly was the beneficiary of Fernando's set-ups then, with three races to go, he may not have the pace to keep Alonso behind him in the standings.

ratonmacias
18th September 2007, 14:07
all i can say is if you want to be a big boy act like one first get rid of your father in the pits this isnt some soccer league to have the sidelines full of soccer moms. then shut if alonso or kimi or massa or anybody in front of you blocks you they are there to do so just like you are there to defend your position from others. and finally thats what the brakes are there for if you cant pass a car because theres no room, brake and get back in line.

rabf1
18th September 2007, 15:55
Fred ran him off the road. At this point it doesn't seem like Fred cares whether he takes him and his teammate out and Kimi catches them. I think Fred has lost his mind.

ratonmacias
18th September 2007, 16:12
Fred ran him off the road. At this point it doesn't seem like Fred cares whether he takes him and his teammate out and Kimi catches them. I think Fred has lost his mind.

it wouldnt be the first time teammates take each other out. everybody is so dramatic.

i have seen senna take prost out and prost take senna out, then ralf and montoya took out each other and nick and jv collided at the start too. if lewis is behind its his job to avoid the collission as easy as that. just like if alonso is behind and lewis chops him its alonsos responsability to avoid contact.

rabf1
18th September 2007, 16:20
What can I say -- I think Fred pulled a very dirty move. This guy will cheat in any way he can. I think McLaren are showing incredible restraint keeping their mouths shut and letting this nut run wild.

Mickey T
18th September 2007, 16:54
tough but fair move, i reckon. both of them.

for the first one, it's the slowest corner on the track and there's a mile of run off. two points: if you're on the outside, you make your own arrangements because you have left yourself vulnerable both in the rules and on the track. secondly, being hung out to dry there isn't a bad thing. it's effectively an alternative wide apex route around a slow corner and the fact that they arrived side by side at the next corner shows it's not a disadvantage at all.

as for eau rouge, the first part could be taken side by side (obviously) but not the second, right-hand part. it's just like any other multi-directional cornering complex, but faster. you try to put yourself on the inside of the most critical apex in the complex, which was what alonso did.

if he didn't like being hung out to dry on the outside, he should not have put himself in that position - twice.

i mean, really guys, who ever heard of the driver on the inside lifting off the throttle when he had the racing line?

the young fella's quick enough and obviously has a championship in his future, this year or later. right now, though, he's working the media as well as any champion ever has.

Narr
18th September 2007, 16:59
all i can say is if you want to be a big boy act like one first get rid of your father in the pits this isnt some soccer league to have the sidelines full of soccer moms. then shut if alonso or kimi or massa or anybody in front of you blocks you they are there to do so just like you are there to defend your position from others. and finally thats what the brakes are there for if you cant pass a car because theres no room, brake and get back in line.

Nothing wrong with having people that back you in the pits; just because he has a good relationship with his dad it's hardly a reason to criticise the guy. Mika used to get heat for having Erja in the McLaren garage the whole time.

Lewis has taken on the chop at the start as a legit way to begin the race and if the Stewards don't do anything to him (as they didn't to Michael) then it's a legit move.... although not something I agree with. The same goes for running competitors off the road, the Stewards do nothing but that doesn't morally make it right. Alonso complained of the same thing several races back and now he's doing it himself.

OmarF1
18th September 2007, 17:15
Well, most of us are so used to look at Hamilton as part of the pack of experimented drivers, even when he's leading the championship remember, he's still a rookie and only 22 years old, so maybe he's not as mature as we all thought.

The defense of the position by Alonso was hard, but still fair, they are actually fighting for a championship at this stage, they now are free, no regrets if any of them does not finish, there are no WCC points to take home, it is going to get interesting in the last three remaining races. can't harldy wait, just hope not to see some TRUE DIRTY tricks by any of 'em.

Hopefuly we'll see some real racing instead of all the gossip and crap that we all had read all over the season.

ratonmacias
18th September 2007, 17:27
Nothing wrong with having people that back you in the pits; just because he has a good relationship with his dad it's hardly a reason to criticise the guy. Mika used to get heat for having Erja in the McLaren garage the whole time.

Lewis has taken on the chop at the start as a legit way to begin the race and if the Stewards don't do anything to him (as they didn't to Michael) then it's a legit move.... although not something I agree with. The same goes for running competitors off the road, the Stewards do nothing but that doesn't morally make it right. Alonso complained of the same thing several races back and now he's doing it himself.

thats exactly what i mean both do it so both should stop complaining.

yodasarmpit
18th September 2007, 18:55
As said it was a tough, but ultimately fair move by FA.
I think LH is a fantastic talent, but the pressure is starting to show, I do look forward to the three remaining races now.

Ian McC
19th September 2007, 08:52
all i can say is if you want to be a big boy act like one first get rid of your father in the pits this isnt some soccer league to have the sidelines full of soccer moms.

You must be getting desperate if that's the best you can find to attack him on :rolleyes:

Dave B
19th September 2007, 08:55
Massa's dad and Kimi's gran have been to more than one race this year - and I doubt they're the only examples.

I still believe Lewis can win the championship, but even if he doesn't there's very little shame in being narrowly beaten by a two-time champion driving equal equipment in your rookie year.

Flat.tyres
19th September 2007, 14:14
Raton

Who is Lewis's manager :p :

millencolin
19th September 2007, 14:26
Lewis Hamilton annoying? perhaps...

But he is no where near as annoying as some other recent f1 drivers.... does the name Jacques Villeneuve ring a bell? Or how about Ralf Schumacher?