PDA

View Full Version : Colin McRae Rally Tribute Rally

Brown, Jon Brow
17th September 2007, 12:54
After the tragic news that came through on Saturday night I thought it would be fitting if we ran a tribute event. Especially since he endorsed the game that changed the way we thought about rally simulation games.

I was thinking about using Colin McRae Rally 2 on the UK stages for this. But first I'd like to see if anyone else is interested and if anyone has any suggestions for the event.

I've put this thread here so people can enter who wouldn't normally go into the simulation section of the forum.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121273

All you would need to enter is a copy of Colin McRae Rally 2.0. You run the stages we decide on in your own time then PM me your times ;)

Thankyou.

SEATFreak
17th September 2007, 13:12
I think it would be more of a tribute if one was raced for real.

But I think it is a capital idea as it would give WRC fans the feeling their doing something in honour of the man.

RWD
17th September 2007, 14:31
I think it would be more of a tribute if one was raced for real.

But I think it is a capital idea as it would give WRC fans the feeling their doing something in honour of the man.

There probably will be something, maybe at Kames where he was testing his latest car last week.

GridGirl
17th September 2007, 19:09
The McRae Stages already take place every year. My other half has it marked down in his wall chart, I pretty sure they happen quite early in the year. I'm sure there wil be a fitting tribute at next years stages.

A fan event could be a good idea though. :)

yodasarmpit
17th September 2007, 19:13
The McRae Stages already take place every year. My other half has it marked down in his wall chart, I pretty sure they happen quite early in the year. I'm sure there wil be a fitting tribute at next years stages.

A fan event could be a good idea though. :)
The McRae Forrest Stages rally is on Sat 29th September this year.
It is still going ahead as planned, and will be in the forests to the North of Perth as usual.

GridGirl
17th September 2007, 19:27
I could of sworn it was in April. I should have googles, but still I'm sure that many people will be out to pay there respects to a legend even if they wouldn't normally have gone to the stages.

GridGirl
17th September 2007, 19:29
I could of sworn it was in April. I should have googled, but still I'm sure that many people will be out to pay their respects to a legend even if they wouldn't normally have gone to the stages.

Thats why he's the rally fan and I merely humour his obsession.

Doon
19th September 2007, 21:45
Do we do it over the net at the same time? sorry for being so naive! I remember playing with a mate years ago...seemed slow then! need some practice any how! Are we using WRC car's only?think we should really...just Col and his buddies!

Always used to be Tommi in the Evo or Colin in the Focus! Watch out, I was the British Champ on gamestimesonline.com ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
19th September 2007, 22:41
Follow the link for the rally details.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121410

SEATFreak
24th September 2007, 08:53
Just thought i'd post this that I found on YouTube. OK, it ain't anything to do with a PC based tribute rally but it does feature Colin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsS6RPgG2o8

Will L
25th September 2007, 16:59
I'm definetly in with my Scooby. :D