PDA

View Full Version : Just How Good was Adrian Sutil??

stevie_gerrard
16th September 2007, 23:49
I thought he had an outstanding race, going off topic of driver of the race. He really got the maximum out of that Spyker, and was really challenging with the Hondas, and Red Bulls. it was great to watch when ITV showed it. :up:

Now he hasn't really taken my attention until now to be a potential great racing driver, he's caught my eyes on several occasions but never risen to the occasion. Do you think that with this new Spyker, it could take Sutil to different realms? we could see a new Mark Webber in the making here.

jonny hurlock
17th September 2007, 00:05
done a good job what i've seen, just put him a bigger team ie Toyota or a Williams next year, I think he will do a better job

wedge
17th September 2007, 00:40
I take it you thought quickest in Monaco wet free practice was a one off!

In my eyes, Sutil is up there with Kubica and Hamilton as the most exciting drivers to watch. The earlier Spyker was quite lively at corner-entry and Sutil made it all so effortless.

ratonmacias
17th September 2007, 01:05
I take it you thought quickest in Monaco wet free practice was a one off!

In my eyes, Sutil is up there with Kubica and Hamilton as the most exciting drivers to watch. The earlier Spyker was quite lively at corner-entry and Sutil made it all so effortless.

why are you leaving rosberg out of the young lions?

millencolin
17th September 2007, 02:03
we could see a new Mark Webber in the making here.

what... a driver with 100gp starts and no wins? and always has a car that decides to break down?

wow im ragging out on my own driver here... why? oh wait, havent had my morning coffee :p :

wedge
17th September 2007, 13:08
why are you leaving rosberg out of the young lions?

For sure Rosberg is quick. He's was very erratic in his rookie year and prone to going off but he's matured immensely this year.

When I meant exciting, I meant driving style! If could watch drivers with onboard cameras all day it would be Kubica, Sutil and Hamilton because they drive as if they were trying to make the car drift round corners!

jens
17th September 2007, 17:46
It's hard to say, how good Adrian exactly is, as long as he hasn't been partnered by an experienced (strong!) driver, whose strength is more or less known.

Spyker's crew has however been really impressed with him and has reminded Alonso's debut season to them. Hopefully the team (whatever the new name would be) continues their progress and Adrian can make a big impression already next year in a more competitive car.

ioan
18th September 2007, 13:39
Spyker's crew has however been really impressed with him and has reminded Alonso's debut season to them.

I didn't know that Alonso debuted with them. I thought it was with Minardi, at this moment known as STR.

ratonmacias
18th September 2007, 14:15
it seems adrian is a good driver and it seems the spyker b spec is really better. adrian has three races to show his worth and really get noticed.

markabilly
18th September 2007, 15:04
There is fast and there is talent, but there is also some luck and flair needed to be great

Sutil has shown some flair and luck this season.....three races this year he has shown it

OmarF1
18th September 2007, 17:31
Frank should pair him with Rosberg at Williams next year, Wurz's racecraft it's nowhere, even when I like Alex as a nice guy but testing it's where he kicks arse.

Sutil it's waiting for his break, and with that crappy Spyker has raised more eyebrows than that guy Davidson with the same car Sato has overtaken Button and Alonso, Sorry for him he's not in the "future-star-bunch" of the likes of Kubica, Kovalainen, Hamilton, Sutil, Rosberg, Piquet.

Looking the situation this way, hey we have some damned good drivers for the years to come, Alonso, Kimi and Massa in their prime, 3 times Champ Car champion, blazing rookie Hamilton, "future-star-bunch", the eternal "waiting-for-the-right-time-to-come-pach" Webber, Button and the oldies but goodies, Coulthard and Barrichello, maybe the only ones not delivering enough are the usual Ralf, Trulli, Fisico and so on.

Mintexmemory
19th September 2007, 11:41
Adrian as No2 at McLaren next season?

millencolin
19th September 2007, 14:10
Toyota should sign him. They need a young, quick, motivated driver... after years of hiring old guys (Panis, Salo, McNich, Ralf, Trulli, da Matta was old for a rookie), they need some youth in that team. I always made fun that people who buy toyota's usually drive it to the bowls club, i didn't know the same counted for their F1 drivers

Trulli and Sutil.... sounds like a good team to me!

jens
19th September 2007, 18:47
--I didn't know that Alonso debuted with them. I thought it was with Minardi, at this moment known as STR.--

I probably expressed myself wrongly. I mean they have drawn parallels between Sutil's and Alonso's debuts. :)

--Trulli and Sutil.... sounds like a good team to me!--

I agree. :up: Trulli-Glock pairing sounds about equally interesting too.

P.S. I don't know, why I can't quote properly today...

truefan72
19th September 2007, 20:53
He is pretty good, but still makes a bunch of on track mistakes. If he could minimize those errors, he will be one to watch out for. In general, this crop of new drivers are acquitting themsleves failry well.

Osella
19th September 2007, 21:31
But, as has been said about many drivers, it's a lot easier to make mistakes when you're at 100% of the car's capabilities, as undeniably Adrian has been this year. If he was just cruising and making up the laps, nobody would be interested, odd though it sounds, crashes and spins are proof that he is trying, and is the kind of driver that will do more than the car can.

Sleeper
19th September 2007, 23:09
Sutil seems to have reigned in his tendancy to overdrive the Spyker in reent races. He's definitely fast and deserves a chance in a much better team.