PDA

View Full Version : Peter Windsor - Living in Denial - SpeedTv

GP-M3
15th September 2007, 19:32
What is with Peter Windsor. That guy is good and interesting, but he lives in denial half the time. Of course he's a Lewis lover, but his insistance today that McLaren denies any wrongdoing, or that they did not necessarily benefit from the Ferrari material... come on, what a dick this guy is sometimes.

Get real Peter.

At least Bob Varsha commentted with a hint of incredulousness in his voice. Peter's English loyalisms make him a real dork at times. I think he should retract those statements. Clearly even just knowing what your rivals tested, and what works for them is a clear advantage when you go testing yourself. Even as Varsha was hinting at. And finally, Mac is hinting they will accept the penalty without appeal... a pretty clear indication, they realize there is some culpability there.

Peter... dumbest of many dumb comments during this season.

mstillhere
15th September 2007, 20:34
What is with Peter Windsor. That guy is good and interesting, but he lives in denial half the time. Of course he's a Lewis lover, but his insistance today that McLaren denies any wrongdoing, or that they did not necessarily benefit from the Ferrari material... come on, what a dick this guy is sometimes.

Get real Peter.

At least Bob Varsha commentted with a hint of incredulousness in his voice. Peter's English loyalisms make him a real dork at times. I think he should retract those statements. Clearly even just knowing what your rivals tested, and what works for them is a clear advantage when you go testing yourself. Even as Varsha was hinting at. And finally, Mac is hinting they will accept the penalty without appeal... a pretty clear indication, they realize there is some culpability there.

Hey, I was thinking exactly the same thing. Today, while I was watching qualifying (on Speed Channel-USA), I heard the exchange among all the commentators where, surprisingly enough, Bob W. was actually pro penalty but Peter was still defending McLaren saying that McLaren's car did not have anything from Ferrari except for info about Ferrari's pit stop, gas quantity in their tanks, special cooling gas in their tires, kind of breaks, race strategy amoung a billion other things...... Humm....kind of weird!

N. Jones
15th September 2007, 21:26
Do we have to start this all over again in a different thread??? :rolleyes:

GP-M3
16th September 2007, 00:41
Do we have to start this all over again in a different thread??? :rolleyes:

First of all, where's the other thread on this statement? And second, what is the paranoia from the moderators on this board to have a few threads going. That stupid, gigantic thread on Stepynygate and all the merges are a real drag. I think the mods here should take a bit of a vacation and let a few threads develop. It's easier to follow a few smaller threads than one ginormous one.

With that said, I don't think this is a duplicate so buzz off.

kalasend
16th September 2007, 03:11
Agree with the thread initiative.

Would also like to point out that, some people are even hinting a conspiracy by saying that the soap opera started and ends with Ferrari benefiting. What a stretch. Some fools just have to have Ferrari in the bad-guys camp.

markabilly
16th September 2007, 06:02
Windsor is a pompous idiot who drinks way too much kool aid for his own good...speed tv needs to dump his dumbass down the toilet.......Hobbs and petey both are such hoping for a rookie brit word champ, it is pathetic....

janneppi
16th September 2007, 07:44
First of all, where's the other thread on this statement? And second, what is the paranoia from the moderators on this board to have a few threads going. That stupid, gigantic thread on Stepynygate and all the merges are a real drag. I think the mods here should take a bit of a vacation and let a few threads develop. It's easier to follow a few smaller threads than one ginormous one.

It's not a duplicate IMO, since it's not about the Stepneygate, but it's surraunding matters. However Don't drag the Stepney issue itself here.

I don't want to see five threads of the exactly same issues, it just ends up having the same people making the same comments all over again in every thread. One thread for stupidity and bickering is enough.

ioan
16th September 2007, 12:29

Get real Peter.

All commentators are the same, except maybe the Italian and the German ones.
The Austrian commentator couldn't stop himself talking bollocks all week end although he clearly has no other source than news sites for his opinion, and this although their on site reporter was saying the oposite! :rolleyes:

I think that many are living in denial of reality when it doesn't suit their POV.

N. Jones
16th September 2007, 15:54

How about the 550+ replies in the FIA hearing thread? This post should go there.