PDA

View Full Version : Who's your man?

Mikeall
13th September 2007, 22:18
Now this unpleasantness seems to have been dealt with who do you want to win the championship and why? Do you want Hamilton to be the first rookie champion (Farina was no rookie in 1950...), or Alonso to make it 3 in a row which has never been done for the first 3 championships, or do you want McLaren crack and let in Raikkonen and Massa for their first title, or will everyone crash/break down allowing in Heidfeld foe a shock win...

I'm still rooting for Alonso despite being English, gradually he's increasing his eccentricity to make him a legend like and like all champions he is controversial. To be honest I do want Hamilton to lose in the same way I wanted Button to lose and Tim Henman in tennis to lose and for the same reason.

Tazio
14th September 2007, 00:03
Now this unpleasantness seems to have been dealt with who do you want to win the championship and why? Do you want Hamilton to be the first rookie champion (Farina was no rookie in 1950...), or Alonso to make it 3 in a row which has never been done for the first 3 championships, or do you want McLaren crack and let in Raikkonen and Massa for their first title, or will everyone crash/break down allowing in Heidfeld foe a shock win...

I'm still rooting for Alonso despite being English, gradually he's increasing his eccentricity to make him a legend like and like all champions he is controversial. To be honest I do want Hamilton to lose in the same way I wanted Button to lose and Tim Henman in tennis to lose and for the same reason.
My list:
KR
FM
FA
NH
Realistically it's between Fred and Lew.
I just want the kid to get his come-upance
I think Fred has the measure of him.
I hope it comes down to one good Beat-Down
I will however, settle foer a good old fashion thorough @$$ whippin'
the rest of the way out!!

ioan
14th September 2007, 00:24
Kimi and Felipe have close to no chance, so Alonso would be my favorite at this moment to kick Lewy's a$s back to Earth.

Hondo
14th September 2007, 00:33
Heidfeld.

markabilly
14th September 2007, 01:47
bernie wants LH, and bernie would "absolutely love" to see that happen (ie for his own pocketbook, maybe even when he takes F! to Africa and India where tobacco ads are not so "regulated" and hey even maxie went along and gave immunity to the drivers for talking--when it was all along the Italy police doing all the talking.......) :vader:

So since Benreie gets what bernei wants, then LH will be the WDC.

Said this many times before along with the exact prediction as to what would happen with the second hearing.....

Valve Bounce
14th September 2007, 02:21
I want Kimi to win.

millencolin
14th September 2007, 06:29
WEBBER!!!

ok ok seriously i want Kimi to win it

Ranger
14th September 2007, 07:07
I've supported Raikkonen and Alonso. Raikkonen should win the title some other year... Alonso is the man for this year.

F1boat
14th September 2007, 07:55
I want Alonso to win the championship, because, I think that he is the best driver in Formula 1 today. I'd be very happy if Kimi or Massa wins. I don't want Hamilton to win.

leopard
14th September 2007, 08:09
support the neighbor Yamamoto :(

ShiftingGears
14th September 2007, 08:21
Kimi, and then Alonso. I don't care much for the other two.

osg
14th September 2007, 08:25
Kimi......... my personal bias showing through ;)

Ian McC
14th September 2007, 09:10
Torn between two, Kimi because I have supported him ever since Formula Renault and he deserves the win with the amount of bad luck he has had. Lewis, followed him over the last few years and he has been amazing this year.

Would have to go for Lewis for his performance this year.

ArrowsFA1
14th September 2007, 09:15
Lewis Hamilton has been the single most outstanding driver of the year IMHO, and if he won the title it would be richly deserved. But I think Alonso might just snatch it from him, meaning a remarkable 3 consecutive WDC's.

Donney
14th September 2007, 09:37
I'm with Alonso (no surprises here) it seems he has started doing what he should have done many races ago, which is concentrating harder on his job and forget about any other considerations.

If not obviously Hamilton is the one who deserves the title.

By the way I have read an interesting consideration in other place, since there's no team points to care about will FA and LH fight for the championship as if they were in different teams?

555-04Q2
14th September 2007, 11:21
maybe even when he takes F! to Africa and India where tobacco ads are not so "regulated" .

Beleive it or not, we are heavily regulated for Tobacco and Liquor here in little old Africa.

ioan
14th September 2007, 11:53
Lewis Hamilton has been the single most outstanding driver of the year IMHO, and if he won the title it would be richly deserved.

Richly deserved? After the spying affair?!
I would rather call it a lucky title, the FIA handed title!

F1boat
14th September 2007, 11:57
I also won't forget the Hungary penalty farce or the Nurburging joke with the crane. For me Lewis would be a celebrity champion, nothing more.
That's why I hope that Alonso will stop him!

ATF
14th September 2007, 12:53
Richly deserved? After the spying affair?!
I would rather call it a lucky title, the FIA handed title!

Well that would cancel out Ferrari's title handed to them by the FIA!!

ArrowsFA1
14th September 2007, 12:55
For me Lewis would be a celebrity champion, nothing more.
A celebrity champion :eek: :rolleyes: The idea alone is simply laughable. Lewis Hamilton is one of the finest talents to have ever come into F1. His performances in this his rookie year are exceptional.

Regardless of what has been going on off-track, he has frequently matched and sometimes beaten the 2xWDC in the same car. You don't do that by being nothing more than a celebrity. You do that by being an enormously talented racing driver.

Yes he's had a good car, arguably the best on the grid, but he has made the very most of it and is leading the WDC. If he wins the title it will be an amazing achievement. If not his whole season will have been an amazing achievement.

ioan
14th September 2007, 13:03
Well that would cancel out Ferrari's title handed to them by the FIA!!

It wasn't Ferrari who were found guilty of certain unethical practices but McLaren.

ioan
14th September 2007, 13:04
If he wins the title it will be an amazing achievement. If not his whole season will have been an amazing achievement.

And all this while driving for the biggest cheaters (going by the fine they got), quite some achievement in his first few months of F1 career! :down:

Donney
14th September 2007, 13:11
I still think the drivers are not to blame. The team sure but the drivers....

jens
14th September 2007, 14:37
For me preference among the top four contenders is:

Massa > Hamilton > Räikkönen > Alonso.

Not that I'm conceptually against FA and under other circumstances I might even support him [at Toyota! ;) ], but at the present situation I like others more. But actually I don't have much belief in the win of Ferrari any more, so it's up to LH to save the season. :D

As Heidfeld hasn't been a realistic contender this year, I haven't counted him, but I hope he will win in 2008! :up:

ioan
14th September 2007, 15:27
I still think the drivers are not to blame. The team sure but the drivers....

They were driving the teams cars. In F1 as often pointed out drivers and constructor are influencing each others performance, so...

janneppi
14th September 2007, 16:17
Please,try to keep the discussion away from Stepney saga (It's more than a gate now is it not ;) )
There is a dedicated thread for it, us it.

markabilly
14th September 2007, 16:49
Please,try to keep the discussion away from Stepney saga (It's more than a gate now is it not ;) )
There is a dedicated thread for it, us it.

How? given the allegation of blackmailing that has just come to light about FA??

the way things are, WDC is coming down to FA or LH after Monza....no wonder RD was crying.....

janneppi
14th September 2007, 17:07
The issue has little to do with the actual races to follow, I'm not going to move every little bit about it, but I don't want this to become another thread about exactly the same issue as the FIA thread.

Garry Walker
14th September 2007, 17:32
Preferably either of the Ferrari drivers, but if not them (and it is looking unlikely), then LH.

I want alonso the cheater to crash out from all remaining races.

Tazio
14th September 2007, 18:55
Kimi and Felipe have close to no chance, so Alonso would be my favorite at this moment to kick Lewy's a$s back to Earth.
Well put.
Very well put!

Juppe
15th September 2007, 21:53
This is a difficult one!

I hate what Alonso has been doing to his own team, so no points earned there.

Yet, I acknowledge that Alonso is the better driver at the moment of the pair in McLaren, Lewis has got the talent, but he should really have to wait for his turn. He does not know everything and must have been helped by Alonso's experience and by the knowledge gained from Ferrari, so I do not hope he gets the title either.

But is a long shot that either of the Ferrari drivers had any chance to win the title. Kimi is my number one candidate, Massa second, but I think that Alonso will get the tainted title. I hope he goes to oblivion and loses to Heikki at Renault after this with his three titles!

OTA
16th September 2007, 17:27
FA all the way. I think he has realized(may be he knew it all along), that to have the mouth he has, he must win it fair and square. I doubt that he wishes to see his butt in a Toyota or a Renault, I think he wants his butt in a red car and that door will only open with outstanding driving. And he seems to be delivering just that lately.

I am a admirer of LH, he's no doubt a talent to watch, but was quite happy to see him taking off his helmet and not having that "I'm so happy and perfect" smile.
Great battle, no doubt.

Cheers
David

Viktory
16th September 2007, 17:41
It would be amazing if one of the Ferrari drivers (Kimi looking the more likely) could stop this years title from being a tainted one, by winning it. If one of the McLaren drivers has to take it, which looks likely unfortunately, I'm hoping for FA

janneppi
16th September 2007, 17:49
Kimi has a chance if he wins the remaining races, and Massa comes second, assuming that McLarens get third and fourth. It's a slim chance. Alonso is my bet otherwise.

stevie_gerrard
16th September 2007, 23:41
i'd love to see Hamilton win it, i think it would be great for the sport, but i just feel that it's too close to call, and Alonso will be too strong for him at the end of the season.

ratonmacias
17th September 2007, 01:10
anybody but lewis

Brown, Jon Brow
17th September 2007, 01:50
As there seems to be many people ganging up against Lewis I want him to win. :p

I was an Alonso fan last year but the way he has behaved this year tells me that he is a spoiled brat. Expecting to be the No.1 driver without a challenge from his teammate - who does he think he is? :mad:

lszinser
17th September 2007, 06:19

I would love to see Kimi or Felipe bring it home. My fave is Massa, but Raikkonen is better poised to take it. Hamilton is the Johnson of F1.... If you follow Nascar, you know what I am saying here.

jorgex
17th September 2007, 12:51
Alonso, after the treatment that McLaren is giving to him and his superb qualities as a driver. If not, Raikkonen, who deserves the WDC from many years.

Anyway, if Hamilton wins the title, there is no problem to congratulate his fans.

ShiftingGears
17th September 2007, 13:25
I think Massa is out of the title fight. They'd make him play second fiddle to Kimi, surely.

d_hill39
17th September 2007, 15:06
Hamilton is my guy,and i hope he wins it.But i think alonso with all is experience is going to win it in the end.