PDA

View Full Version : Alonso will retire or will drive for Ferrari next season.*Merged**

euskalteam
12th September 2007, 12:17
Those words are from Victor Seara in a Chat yesterday.

He is spanish journalist and is sure that Alonso will not drive for McLaren or Mercedes if buys the team, next year, only if a miracle happends will drive for McLaren.

The best exit for Alonso is the retirement or the Ferrari's wheel drive. He is sure that Montezemolo wants FA in his team and Kimi will get out of the Italian team.....

What do you think? Can happend?

pino
12th September 2007, 12:36
Most italian newspapers have also written that, I can only say that if he retires, it will be a great lost for F1. I really hope its a fake rumour...

MAX_THRUST
12th September 2007, 13:21
Why would he leave...if he went to Ferrari would they make him number one driver????

ArrowsFA1
12th September 2007, 13:30
It would be a damned shame if one of the finest F1 drivers of this generation is not seen on the grid next year :(

ioan
12th September 2007, 14:06
Why would he leave...if he went to Ferrari would they make him number one driver????

They might need a good test driver!
Both race drivers at Ferrari are confirmed for next season.

race aficionado
12th September 2007, 14:21
They might need a good test driver!

Ioan, is there such thing as "confirmed" in todays F1?

It's all so crazy now that I don't know "who's on first."

:s mokin:

Donney
12th September 2007, 14:30
I donīt believe a single word of it especially when last week Telecinco said Alonso will not go to Ferrari as long as Todt is there, due to personal reasons.

He might not drive for McLaren, honestly I would not want him in the team if I were RD so I would help him to leave, but I donīt think he will retire.

Trqster
12th September 2007, 14:51
I donīt believe a single word of it especially when last week Telecinco said Alonso will not go to Ferrari as long as Todt is there, due to personal reasons.

He might not drive for McLaren, honestly I would not want him in the team if I were RD so I would help him to leave, but I donīt think he will retire.

Well since the latest rumors say that Todt will be "retired" soon by Montzemolo it's no problem! Schumacher's visit to the Italian GP was just a confirmation that somtehing is not right at the moment...

There will be some major changes in Ferrari for next year in both management terms and maybe driver front for 08.

Roamy
12th September 2007, 15:13
so brawn take over ferrari
kimi goes to toyota or renault
alonso to ferrari
good stuff

ioan
12th September 2007, 15:17
Schumacher's visit to the Italian GP was just a confirmation that somtehing is not right at the moment...

Why is that?

rabf1
12th September 2007, 15:38
Ferrari and McLaren swap Alonso and Kimi?

N. Jones
12th September 2007, 15:45
Alonso's what 25? 26? What would he retire for? He would surely go to Renault before he went to Ferrari,especially since Jean Todt is NOT a FA fan.

Flat.tyres
12th September 2007, 15:54
Alonso's what 25? 26? What would he retire for? He would surely go to Renault before he went to Ferrari,especially since Jean Todt is NOT a FA fan.

Has he already decided to go? There was a very strong rumour about it being a done deal.

kalasend
12th September 2007, 18:39
It's hard to imagine Ferrari would out one of KR/FM, if both of them are happy where they are. But if it is FA in, I guess that's a different story then...

But Kimi to go back to McLaren? Wouldn't that hurt his ego? Or perhaps he's too cold to have any...

Storm
12th September 2007, 18:53

It only takes a minute to "un" confirm that.
Alonso retiring? That would really be a shame given his talent and now star power (being a double world champ).

Who knows maybe they will ask Massa to test drive..
Jokes aside, why isn't there a BMW-FA connection rumour at all?

trumperZ06
12th September 2007, 19:51
;) There WAS a lot of speculation about Alonso possiby going to BMW next year. BMW ended that quickly by resigning their two drivers for 2008.

At one time... I thought it possible that Ron Dennis would "park" Alonso at Pro-drive... not sure that's at all likely... after the latest events.

:dozey: As of today... my guess would be.... Renault for 2008.

After tomorrow's hearing... it may all change.

Corny
12th September 2007, 20:07
a driver retiring that's got so much passion for this sport?
nah, I don't believe it

jso1985
13th September 2007, 01:39
starting a rumour is too easy...
I just don't see much possible Alonso going to Ferrari or retiring.

but let me start my own ones:

- Alonso retires to buy McLaren from Ron and keep Hamilton but as toilet cleaner ;)
- Raikkonen to Suzuki WRC
- Dario Franchitti to sign up for Ferrari
- Bernie Ecclestone to sell all his F1 rights to Tony Blair

leopard
13th September 2007, 03:49
Having heard also that FA has no strong ambitions to make prolonged domination in F1, He may retire earlier than at the age of Schumi was, but I doubt that he decides to do it such early while his age is productive.

Being disliked with Ferrari doesn't mean he has to retire, he can go to mediocre team like his former team while Toyota has stated their interest with sweeter amount of money. We will acknowledge that he may struggle more driving these teams, but his skill has been sized up without having to win at his new team.

However, I hope he stay any longer at McLaren, RD may have to manage his two drivers from any risk of distracting performance of the team.

markabilly
13th September 2007, 04:03
whatever happenned to the multi tens of millions that ferrari was going to offer LH???Big headlines and all?

Pretty funny for ferrari to sign both FA and LH,,, good pit excitement for sure

Besides unless someone like MS and Brawn take over with a ten year total control package, where the rest of ferrari nonsense stays out of the team, ferrari is defnitely headed for mid pack or lower next year and the years later....

best team on the grid right behind ferrari and Mac is BMW, and a great driver is all they need....which is why the rumors started as to where would FA go

And if I were BMW and the choice was NH or FA or Kublica or SV...well duuuh who would not dump one of those others to make room for FA... (ooopps SV has already been parked somewhere else...)

cy bais
13th September 2007, 04:18
back to renault would be my guess.

leopard
13th September 2007, 04:49
Ferrari should take one out of either FA or LH, signing them all together would be another episode of cat and dog life. FA is likely to be free on the auction instead of the kid.

For what reason BMW would hire FA, they have confirmed to retain NH and RK.
They seems to hope better result from NH and at any rate to provide a seat for him whoever he is team mated with, although actually he looks open to welcome driver like Alonso.

OTA
13th September 2007, 08:41
While I gave little chance to FA going to Ferrari earlier in the season, I think that the last few weeks things have change in my mind. It's quite clear that the situation in Mac is a very difficult one to redirect. It's also clear in my mind that Jean Todt is a very smart person and he sees that the neither of the 2 best drivers are in his team at the moment, and I'm pretty sure there are quite a few people in Ferrari who thinks in that direction.
The problem is the megamoney the operation could cost, but it would be money invested well, so let the investment bankers find the money.

Cheers
David

jens
13th September 2007, 09:18
Even if he retires, then I doubt that for longer than one season and when a seat in a top team (Ferrari? BMW?) becomes vacant, he moves there. But in that case I think taking a pause is not a wise move. Better drive for a midfield team (Toyota!!!! ;) ) rather than drive nowhere. Comeback after a break is never easy...

ShiftingGears
13th September 2007, 09:24
Taking it at face value, he's just another journalist wanting to flog a story that will sell regardless of whether it's true or not. I don't buy it.

Dave B
13th September 2007, 09:45
Those words are from Victor Seara in a Chat yesterday.

He is spanish journalist ...
I'm sorry, but that's as far as I read.

Ranger
13th September 2007, 09:47
I'm sorry, but that's as far as I read.

Then the same attitude can be taken likewise with British journo's about Hamilton.

I think this is a non-issue. Fiction passed as fact often sells, and this is proven time and time again. Look at Fernando and Pedro's supposed e-mail evidence for an example.

Dave B
13th September 2007, 09:50
True. And I take everything I read in the British press with an exceedingly large pinch of salt.

leopard
13th September 2007, 10:05
Why should be too much worried about future of two titles holder, and enrouting for the third :)

those the orthodox teams who don't want him

Flat.tyres
13th September 2007, 10:31
back to renault would be my guess.

More than a guess!!

Ian McC
13th September 2007, 10:53
I do wonder about Alonso, all those stories at the end of last season with his comments about how things were at Renault and now everything this season.

Is he going to settle with anything less that a team being 100 percent behind him? Are any teams going to be willing to do that?

555-04Q2
13th September 2007, 12:31
Having heard also that FA has no strong ambitions to make prolonged domination in F1, He may retire earlier than at the age of Schumi was

Indeed :up: Infact, FA said in an interview with ITV about two years back that he wants to retire from F1 after he wins 3 WDC. That cound be at the end of this year, depending on what happens with the hearing today.

555-04Q2
13th September 2007, 12:35
Is he going to settle with anything less that a team being 100 percent behind him? Are any teams going to be willing to do that?

I would give him 100% if I was a top team boss. He is a proven WDC, race winner, dedicated worker and talented driver who can help to develop championship winng cars. Why would someone like say, BMW, not be willing to give him a try.

FA only con is his Spanish temper which is a handfull for anyone if he aint happy about something.

F1boat
13th September 2007, 14:50
I wonder... last year after Monza he said that he doesn't consider F1 a sport... maybe Alonso will follow Montoya in NASCAR - who knows?

Hiryu
13th September 2007, 17:46
If Alonso winds up anywhere it will be with Renault.

kalasend
13th September 2007, 19:23
.......... Why would someone like say, BMW, not be willing to give him a try.

That would be because every team cheats to some extent and given that the sh1t hitting at the right time, the team bosses all believe that FA will rat the team out just to protect himself.

CarreraGT
13th September 2007, 19:35
now with the $100 mil penalty, maybe RD will let him out of his contract to save $40+ mil

Ian McC
13th September 2007, 20:40
Alonso seems to be distancing himself from the team and the Paris mess, it wouldn't surprise me if they part company at the end of this season.

Flat.tyres
14th September 2007, 11:35
Alonso has burnt his bridges when he attempted to blackmail Ron.

Why would Ferrari hire a driver that they couldn't trust to keep their secrets of wrongdoing if he doesn't get his way.

The contract is signed, sealed and finished with Renault.

ArrowsFA1
14th September 2007, 12:40
The contract is signed, sealed and finished with Renault.
Wouldn't it be ironic if the FIA investigate (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62274) Renault :p :

Ranger
14th September 2007, 14:04
Indeed :up: Infact, FA said in an interview with ITV about two years back that he wants to retire from F1 after he wins 3 WDC.

I think it was more like he'd be happy to retire after having acheived 3 WDC's. It is slightly different than wanting to retire after winning three. Personally I can't imagine him retiring right now. Yes, he is filthy rich and could probably sit his backside on a chair made out of the money he has made from his success for the rest of his days.

But the dude is 26. He still has 10-12 years of competitive racing left in him. It would be a shame if he left now, as he has the time and ability to possibly eventually eclipse Schumacher's records should he choose to stay. But he is his own man, as proven time and time again.

But I'll say it again... Personally I think the comment of the journo that is alluded to in this thread is just your average crap that would sell.

markabilly
14th September 2007, 14:54
If what is said in the other thread is true, (Apparently, according to the Speed TV broadcast today this story is true and has been confirmed by one of their sources. They added that Alonso's "blackmail" request included #1 status and having Hamilton suspended and replaced by another driver for the remainder of the season. They later said that if true, they are surprised that Alonso is in the car. (by Arrows Fa))

the FA will be or should be taking a temporary retirement to prison for blackmail......after which he will resume his racing career some ten to 40 years from now...... :eek:

truefan72
14th September 2007, 15:39
It has come to the media's attention that Fernado Alonso, two time WDC champion and current McClaren Driver is indeed the source and the nexis behind the 2nd investigation.

According to speed TV, and several other credible news outlets. The following transipired.

Alonso attempted to blackmail Ron Dennis with "alleged" evidence of tampering by the team of Ferrari Techincal specs, unless he was given clear #1 status in the team for the remainder of the year. ( despite the fact that he was behind LH in the WDC) This first surfaced prior to the first 26-0 verdict by the FIA clearing McClaren of tampering etc. and continued fervently by Alonso and his handlers after the verdict.

Alonso continued his incidious tactics and in an attempt to quell the matter, RD offered to allow him to keep his opwn set up data from Turkey onwards. ( It is intersting to note that at Turkey, LH was faster than FA and if not of a cut tyre would have stretched his WDC lead)

After Turkey, and the obvious speed at which LH proved to posses with his own setup. Alonso once again threatened to go to the FIA and added the stipulation that LH be removed from the team and replaced by PDLR, In fact there was communication betweeen the two drivers about the matter.

Of course RD refused to aquiess to such a ludicrous request, and mysteriously, days later, Information came to FIA about "extraordinary new evidence" regarding the matter.

We all know the consequences of the second hearing and the fact that FIA specifically requested the information of the FA and PDLR's communication.
FA, apparently had given his own testimony prior to the hearing and therefore was not needed in Paris. It is at that meeting that LH learned about Fernado's actions. and the smaller role played by PDLR.

In effect, Alonso has crippled & sabotaged his own team, caused them to loose all their 2007 winnings, in additon be fined $100 million ( which I've now heard will be offset by the amount of their winnings, so about $50 mil. ) has relegated their paddocks for 2008 to the back, has cost them all their travel and expenses money that they would have received from the WCC status and seriously jeopardized current and potential sponsorship.

Basically, he is running on his own with minimal team suppoort at Spa, and may not even finish the year with McClaren.

IMO Alonso, save a move to Ferrari, (which still won't give him #1 status unless they get rid of Kimmi and Felipe) and maybe to Renault, (even though that looks fairly slim) might effectively become persona non gratta for his actions. I can't imagine what team would hire him with that kind of reputation, attitude, duplicitous character and disloyal and acrimonius personality. If his fast driving is offset by, completely destroying a team if he can't get the royal treatment ( albeit undeserved if his teammate is doing better than him) then I seriously see his F1 career going towards a downwards spiral with this 2007 period and these actions becoming his defining legacy.

I'm still trying to fathom his actions and words are failing me as I type.

markabilly
14th September 2007, 15:56
It has come to the media's attention that Fernado Alonso, two time WDC champion and current McClaren Driver is indeed the source and the nexis behind the 2nd investigation.

According to speed TV, and several other credible news outlets. The following transipired.

Alonso attempted to blackmail Ron Dennis with "alleged" evidence of tampering by the team of Ferrari Techincal specs, unless he was given clear #1 status in the team for the remainder of the year. ( despite the fact that he was behind LH in the WDC) This first surfaced prior to the first 26-0 verdict by the FIA clearing McClaren of tampering etc. and continued fervently by Alonso and his handlers after the verdict.

Alonso continued his incidious tactics and in an attempt to quell the matter, RD offered to allow him to keep his opwn set up data from Turkey onwards. ( It is intersting to note that at Turkey, LH was faster than FA and if not of a cut tyre would have stretched his WDC lead)

After Turkey, and the obvious speed at which LH proved to posses with his own setup. Alonso once again threatened to go to the FIA and added the stipulation that LH be removed from the team and replaced by PDLR, In fact there was communication betweeen the two drivers about the matter.

Of course RD refused to aquiess to such a ludicrous request, and mysteriously, days later, Information came to FIA about "extraordinary new evidence" regarding the matter.

We all know the consequences of the second hearing and the fact that FIA specifically requested the information of the FA and PDLR's communication.
FA, apparently had given his own testimony prior to the hearing and therefore was not needed in Paris. It is at that meeting that LH learned about Fernado's actions. and the smaller role played by PDLR.

In effect, Alonso has crippled & sabotaged his own team, caused them to loose all their 2007 winnings, in additon be fined $100 million ( which I've now heard will be offset by the amount of their winnings, so about $50 mil. ) has relegated their paddocks for 2008 to the back, has cost them all their travel and expenses money that they would have received from the WCC status and seriously jeopardized current and potential sponsorship.

Basically, he is running on his own with minimal team suppoort at Spa, and may not even finish the year with McClaren.

IMO Alonso, save a move to Ferrari, (which still won't give him #1 status unless they get rid of Kimmi and Felipe) and maybe to Renault, (even though that looks fairly slim) might effectively become persona non gratta for his actions. I can't imagine what team would hire him with that kind of reputation, attitude, duplicitous character and disloyal and acrimonius personality. If his fast driving is offset by, completely destroying a team if he can't get the royal treatment ( albeit undeserved if his teammate is doing better than him) then I seriously see his F1 career going towards a downwards spiral with this 2007 period and these actions becoming his defining legacy.

as I said on the other thread;

NO WAY

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THIS IS TRUE!!!

1) If (and i guess that is a big "if") the italian police were doing a thoruogh job, the email traffic was going to see daylight...regardless of this

2) No way that RD and FA have such a conversation, it would be such an incredibly stupid thing

3) If they did, then FA does not need to worry about his personal personna taking a hit in the eye of the public.

He needs to worry about his freedom taking a hit...as in most jurisdictions, blackmail is a felony with serious prison time.

It is a form of bribery, if you bribe me, I will remain silent about my being a witness to your crimes.

If the request for a bribe is honored, it is called witness tampering and obstruction of justice in the USA against the person who pays the bribe, and both should do some serious prison time as in felony convictions......

I guess maybe RD been reading my posts about failing to report a crime is in and of itself, a crime and make one an acccessory after the fact.

Paying or failing to report the demand for a bribe .....whatever lawyer told RD to come clean on that, did RD a big favor!!!

Under the federal sentencing guidelines (if the crime happened here) given the amount of money and benefit to be gained to FA, he would be looking at ten to twenty years, minimum.......just ask Vick the QB about what happened to him over a little dogfighting..... :eek:

However after doing his ten to twenty, FA should not have that held against him, and he should be free to chase after his third wdc (just like people say that as soon as Vick does his time, he should go back to being a qb for Atlanta Falcons in the NFL)

But I say there is NO WAY this is true!!!

but if it is, then he needs to be in prison NOW :mad:

And given his involvmenet, he would be basically turning himself in as committing a crime...

Enchanter
14th September 2007, 17:03
FA could easily go to Ferrari, after all, he's knows their setup well. :)

grantb4
14th September 2007, 17:25
Fernado and Pedro should both be released from McLaren immediately.

Garry Walker
14th September 2007, 17:36
wow, what a lowlife it appears Alonso is. If I was Ron, I would screw Alonso bigtime now for revenge, this guy deserves nothing.

rabf1
14th September 2007, 17:49
On its face these accusations are ludicrous and laughably preposterous. Alonso asked the team to sack the points leader? Ron Dennis let Alonso try to blackmail him and has left him in the car? Total utter rubbish.

Simmo666
14th September 2007, 17:55
I could believe that Alonso would ask for number 1 status, but to exclude Hamilton from the team? That would be a crazy thing to ask. If he was excluded for the remaining races then people and the media would ask why, and given the media are very skillful at finding everything out, it'd look bad for everybody. Someone from McLaren will probably this weekend come to deny (or at least comment on) this situation whether its true or not, and if and when Alonso leaves McLaren, then an alternate version may come out then.

markabilly
14th September 2007, 18:46
On its face these accusations are ludicrous and laughably preposterous. Alonso asked the team to sack the points leader? Ron Dennis let Alonso try to blackmail him and has left him in the car? Total utter rubbish.
I would agree and that was the point of my post, but if proved...my oh my...and if RD did go and initate the FIA contact with FA...then??????

rabf1
14th September 2007, 19:01
If its true then Alonso is a total lunatic and RD is a pu$$y.

Bagwan
14th September 2007, 19:04
At least one guy seems to be escaping too much personal damage , even if he is driving like he stole it , but he didn't , but it is stolen .

It seems that Fernando's plan was to keep it to himself , but that shows that , up until that point , the set-up info was shared , indicating directly that Lewis as well enjoyed the benefits , though did so , it seems at this point , without knowledge it had come from an illegal source .

Alonso's desire to be #1 comes from his feeling that he is treated as #2 .

It was a gambit , to be sure , but it seems it fell apart in that the crime was too big to cover .

It points to Ron , who has been constantly speaking of integrity , as perhaps having actually been really in the dark about all this all along .

Is it time for Ron to do what the WMSC was unwilling to do ?

If he was to fire those involved , and bring in new guys to fill the positions , he would be giving up both championships .
This , and perhaps only this would renew my faith in the integrity of F1 and McLaren , governing bodies be damned .

mstillhere
14th September 2007, 19:49

After what he has done to Ferrari with the spying and stuff, he will never work for Ferrari.......unless he'll be spying on McLaren :)

ioan
14th September 2007, 19:59
At least one guy seems to be escaping too much personal damage , even if he is driving like he stole it , but he didn't , but it is stolen .

Hamilton is protected by the FIA, even if that means that they have to protect Alonso too.

Ron tipped the FIA about FA, PDLR and MK but asked them to protect LH's chances to win the WDC. Max and Bernie agreed and set up the driver's protection program before announcing the new WMSC hearing!

We will have a tainted WDC, be it LH or FA, there's no difference in the worth of the title.

They should have thrown them all out of this seasons championship and let the Ferrari drivers fight it to the end. But I suppose that Bernie did not want LH to be involved in the spying affair and destroy the future seasons income.

Things are very complicated and money was the only important factor.

Malbec
14th September 2007, 20:11
Ron tipped the FIA about FA, PDLR and MK but asked them to protect LH's chances to win the WDC. Max and Bernie agreed and set up the driver's protection program before announcing the new WMSC hearing!

Speculation is a wonderful thing.....

The truth is that McLaren need do nothing with Alonso. All they need is to squeeze his talents dry for the rest of the championship so they can secure a WDC 1-2 (whatever that is worth now).

They've saved a packet on his salary for this year since his points bonus is based on what he has scored for the team in the WCC not the WDC. They may chose to employ him for 2008 or they may not but who is going to touch him after that?

All they need to do is ensure that the truth regarding what happened comes out to some sympathetic journalists and paddock insiders. Alonso has ruined his own reputation if this is true and has made himself nearly unemployable. I can't remember any other incident where a driver has threatened this kind of action. Its truly deplorable.

jens
14th September 2007, 20:51
Sacking FA before the end of the season wouldn't cost McLaren much as they can't win the WCC anyway, so it doesn't matter, who drives in the second car. And Hamilton will comfortably clinch the drivers' title. :up: :)

Bagwan
14th September 2007, 20:53
Hamilton is protected by the FIA, even if that means that they have to protect Alonso too.

We will have a tainted WDC, be it LH or FA, there's no difference in the worth of the title.

They should have thrown them all out of this seasons championship and let the Ferrari drivers fight it to the end. But I suppose that Bernie did not want LH to be involved in the spying affair and destroy the future seasons income.

I know , Ioan , and it sickens me .

The problem is that , except for the few blind supporters , nobody buys that this is anything but political .
There is just no good side in all of this .

One of my buddies boosted cars with Gilles back in the day . That was in order to race .
This is driving a stolen car to the checkered flag .
That's a whole different thing .

Tazio
14th September 2007, 21:49
If its true then Alonso is a total lunatic and RD is a pu$$y.
More like Ron was quoting Fred after he (FA) had a snoot-full, and decided to tell RD what he really thought of him, and his new lap-dog
Ron is a total pu$$y regardless!!
A greedy lying one at that!

Plus all the crap I read in these forums about how this all was the upshot of Jean Todt's whinning!
Some contributors really dialed a wrong number on this one!
Fred to Ferrari?
He11 yea!

Tazio
14th September 2007, 22:06
Sacking FA before the end of the season wouldn't cost McLaren much as they can't win the WCC anyway, so it doesn't matter, who drives in the second car. And Hamilton will comfortably clinch the drivers' title. :up: :)
Well said.
RD is not above dropping the best pilot in f1 if it satisfies his agenda!
Tis' a tangled web that he (RD) weaves!

Wilderness
14th September 2007, 22:10

Ioan, this is probably the smartest comment you've ever made in these forums. There may be hope for you after all!

markabilly
14th September 2007, 23:40

YEAH, and get this....do you really think that FA is going to win the WDC at Mac???

Weeelll duuuh!!!what a blow that would be....Bernie would probably just have total heart failure......(now at this time, that is the only reason I would like to see FA win...otherwise forget it.....)

too bad the last race is not at the monza, then instead of serving writs at the race, they could arrest him for possession and use of stolen property......

wedge
15th September 2007, 00:42

Will other teams want to hire him?

Of course they will, he's a double WDC and won with somewhat questionably inferior cars. FA and Ross Brawn would be match made in heaven.

Did Benetton or Ferrari sack Schumi because of the controversy that surrounded him?

If FA demands #1 status then he has earned that respect because at the end of the season he will deliver results.

If Kimi nor Massa deliver then Todt will bow down to FA just as he did to Schumi and forget all about 2001 when FA snubbed Ferrari for Flav and Renault.

Valve Bounce
15th September 2007, 01:18
The Rumour Mill is going into Haywire Mode :D
Next, we'll see Fernando joining Elvis in a new team :p :

markabilly
15th September 2007, 02:00

Naw, next we should see freddie joining a new team wearing prison stripes...singing Heart Break Hotel....assuming RD is telling the truth

I have dumped a lot of stuff on all the players in the last few months, yet in a way, I can understand falling victim to a temptation to cheat when it is put right under your nose for free---don't make it right, but still, we all know temptation can be awful tempting....

But to fall to the temptation and then attempt to use it for blackmail as RD has now been quoted while at Spa on Friday with reference to FA........

truefan72
15th September 2007, 10:11
Will other teams want to hire him?

Of course they will, he's a double WDC and won with somewhat questionably inferior cars. FA and Ross Brawn would be match made in heaven.

Did Benetton or Ferrari sack Schumi because of the controversy that surrounded him?

If FA demands #1 status then he has earned that respect because at the end of the season he will deliver results.

If Kimi nor Massa deliver then Todt will bow down to FA just as he did to Schumi and forget all about 2001 when FA snubbed Ferrari for Flav and Renault.

Schumi's controversy, never was aimed at his own team. He never by his actions caused his team to be on the verge of expulsion and costing them $100 million in fines, loss of all 2007 WCC points, potential loss of sponsors, and countless millions more next year as McClaren will have to pay their own freight. He foolishliy and extremely selfishly..nay I say borderline criminally tried to blackmail RD with reopening a 26-0 verdict closed case to the FIA unless he was given preferential treatment in deferance to the current WDC leader ( as if the $21 million isnt enough) .

If I was a McClaren employee, I couldn't even look at FA without disgust. ( I am sure there were bonuses etc for winning the WCC that are now gone as well) As I said, it is more likely than not that he is finished at McClaren and probably before the end of the season.

Alonso in less than a year has eclipsed MS as the most divisive character in F1. At least with MS I respected his craftsmanship and loyalty. Even if I rooted against him. There is absolutely nothing left endearing about Alonso.

I do wonder how the spanish press is reacting to this.

N. Jones
15th September 2007, 10:12
IF this is true I have lost all respect for FA. Maybe there are others who have or would have done the same thing in years past but for this to be so... uh... I guess it's the first time I have seen something like this in F1. I have been caught off guard by his temperament. All of the things FA has been doing (not speaking to LH and/or never trying to sound like he would patch up their relationship if he could, never mentioning the team after his Monza win, not showing up for the hearing, etc...) add up to him being unhappy.

So why not admit it and move on?

Tazio
15th September 2007, 11:50
Here is the latest!

Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 05:16 AM

Following the espionage scandal verdict, Fernando Alonso is almost certain to leave the McLaren team to join Renault next year, according to a newspaper.

The Berlin based daily newspaper Die Welt reiterated on Friday that the Spaniard's current contract includes an exit clause that will have been triggered due to McLaren's exclusion from the constructors' championship.

"A return to Renault for Alonso is considered very probable," the newspaper contended.

The reigning world champion's relationship with team boss Ron Dennis was already strained, and Alonso is believed to have been calculatingly excluded from McLaren's Paris delegation on Thursday despite his leading role in the evidence that incriminated the team.

Indeed, the FIA's 15-page evidence dossier released at Spa-Francorchamps on Friday acknowledged that Lewis Hamilton - who, like Pedro de la Rosa, attended the hearing - had "no information" about the spy saga, while Alonso provided by email information that the World Motor Sport Council found "highly relevant".

http://www.feedmef1.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=8199

15th September 2007, 12:02
Here is the latest!

Following the espionage scandal verdict, Fernando Alonso is almost certain to leave the McLaren team to join Renault next year, according to a newspaper.

The Berlin based daily newspaper Die Welt reiterated on Friday that the Spaniard's current contract includes an exit clause that will have been triggered due to McLaren's exclusion from the constructors' championship.

"A return to Renault for Alonso is considered very probable," the newspaper contended.

The reigning world champion's relationship with team boss Ron Dennis was already strained, and Alonso is believed to have been calculatingly excluded from McLaren's Paris delegation on Thursday despite his leading role in the evidence that incriminated the team.

Indeed, the FIA's 15-page evidence dossier released at Spa-Francorchamps on Friday acknowledged that Lewis Hamilton - who, like Pedro de la Rosa, attended the hearing - had "no information" about the spy saga, while Alonso provided by email information that the World Motor Sport Council found "highly relevant".

http://www.feedmef1.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=8199

You know, as soon as I heard the news of Mclaren been stripped of their constructors points I thought was that Alonso could now get out of his contract, as no doubt he had a clause that specified the number of constructor points Mclaren would need at the end of the season in order to keep him.

Let's face it, if Button had that clause then somebody with a double WDC to his name is certainly going to have it.

Alonso's manager is reported as saying that Fernando has to stay at Mclaren because he has a three year contract, but something tells me that

1) That would only be effective if Mclaren had 'x' number of constructors points
2) It would be a pretty stupid thing to announce to the world (and Mclaren, more importantly) that your driver is leaving when he is in the midst of a WDC battle against his team-mate.

So I'm taking the word of Alonso's manager with not so much a pinch of salt as a salt-mine of the sodium based deposit.

wedge
15th September 2007, 12:03
If I was a McClaren employee, I couldn't even look at FA without disgust. ( I am sure there were bonuses etc for winning the WCC that are now gone as well) As I said, it is more likely than not that he is finished at McClaren and probably before the end of the season.

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

If McLaren never cheated then it would never play into FA's hands to blackmail the team.

For sure, FA would've found something else as a bargaining tool for #1 status.

If I was a McLaren employee I don't know what my emotions would be.

Tazio
15th September 2007, 12:18
Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

If McLaren never cheated then it would never play into FA's hands to blackmail the team.

For sure, FA would've found something else as a bargaining tool for #1 status.

If I was a McLaren employee I don't know what my emotions would be.

If Fred does leave will RD's replacement be a driver that will dutifully accept a number two status?
My suspicion is most definately!

AJP
15th September 2007, 12:19
I'd be happy if FA never attends another race in F1...!

markabilly
15th September 2007, 13:25
As some criminals have learned a grant of immunity does not mean a free pass for all sins.

the grant was turning over certain material with respect to Mac cheating.

It was not with respect to FA's actions in using the material to blackmail his boss....assuming that is what really happened

truefan72
15th September 2007, 22:47
Here is the latest!

you know, I don't think Kovaleinen will accept a lesser role with Renault and why should he. Why should he accept deffering to FA and for waht benefit would that be for his career. If he shows any type of pace next year with a full season under his belt and a steadliy improving ability on his part and compttitivness of the Car, then will Alosn try to block his set up Data, would FA ssk that he drive slower, would he demand that he let him pass on the track, would he get upset if Kovaleined would beat him in Quali and races, would he accuse the team of preferential treatment since HK has been there since last year, would he blame the engineers for not working on his car, I could go on and on. and waht abould Piquet Jr. Would they let him out of his contract, what will they do with the time and money they invested in him, which leads me to ...

If Fred does leave will RD's replacement be a driver that will dutifully accept a number two status?
My suspicion is most definately!

I m not sure Piquet JR would join Mcclaren. I think that LH and him don't have that good of a relationship. But if he does come, I don't expect LH to give him any trouble and it would make for a good combination. Whoever McClarten bring in, I would expect them to provide equal treatment to both drivers unless/until the point where one of them has a substantial lead from the other and is challenging for the WDC. But if both are up there, McClaren will contiunue with their fair tremetment philospohy.

come to think of it, Piquet JR would make a good choice IMO over Parfett. Klien may be an option, so is Wurz ( if he is let go by Willimas) . Ralf Schumacher may also be a good one year option for them. Definitely would score them some points.

WRCfan
16th September 2007, 03:43
If Alonso had not been such a spoilt brat and had not acted like a sissy little girl there would be no beef out there. Hamilton is quicker than him out on track and this is the stem of his frustration. "a rookie is beating him". If Hamilton was not a rookie then there would be no issues.

Alonso needs to put his handbag down, take a long hard look at how stupid he is coming across, and become a real man, go out onto the track and fight Hamilton there. Whinging like a spoilt brat and doing the dirty on everyone will only get someones foot lodged in between his buttocks at some stage. Karma comes back to bite, he can be sure of that.

One thing to say to Alonso: "Suck it up princess!" ha ha ha

markabilly
16th September 2007, 05:38
RD has been saying that FA will continue to drive for maclaren.....now if I were in his shoes and FA had tried this blackmail

I would definitely be seeing to it that he was driving for the team until the end of his contract...I don't know if I would trust him with a transporter, but maybe a catering truck or one of those golf carts to haul the mechanics from the back of the paddock or around the factory...... :(

seppefan
16th September 2007, 10:02
Mclaren should fire Alonso. Now. He is a Judas, a non team player, a cheat as he was happy to take Ferrari knowhow without telling Ron and then tried to blackmail him. Get rid now.

Priorat
16th September 2007, 10:10
Excuse my ignorance but, what is blackmail?

janneppi
16th September 2007, 10:12
Priorat:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackmail :)

Priorat
16th September 2007, 10:17
Priorat:

Yes. Thank you

seppefan
16th September 2007, 10:46
And now I see Max M has told Mclaren that the FIA will monitor how they treat Alonso. This is unreal. Really the FIA should butt out. It is none of their business. Rather like when they demoted Alonso in Hungary. The FIA had no reason to get involved but MAx always does if he can screw Mclaren. Now, wait for it, dear crooked old Max has said Alonso did the right thing....that means max agreed s with him blackmailing Ron. Wow F1 needs rid of max fast. very fast.

RaikkonenRules
16th September 2007, 12:14

If that is true then Alonso should have been kicked out. He just seems intent on making people hate him. :mad:

markabilly
16th September 2007, 16:25
Priorat:

Thanks---
interesting how it is defined there--this might be more like extortion as refferred to in the article:"
Extortion or outwresting which occurs when a person either obtains money, property or services from another through coercion or intimidation or threatens one with physical or reputational harm unless they are paid money or property. Refraining from doing harm is sometimes euphemistically called protection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_racket). Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_crime) groups (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group). The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense. Making a threat of violence or a lawsuit which refers to a requirement of a payment of money or property to halt future violence or lawsuit is sufficient to commit the offense. The four simple words "pay up or else" are sufficient to constitute the crime of extortion. An extortionate threat made to another in jest is still extortion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extortion