PDA

View Full Version : Alonso planned Monaco '06 grid protest

BTCC Fan#1
11th September 2007, 16:05
Browsing the ITV website I came across this rather fascinating story about an excerpt from James Allen's new book about Michael Schumacher.

Fernando Alonso planned to lie down in front of Michael Schumacher’s car on the starting grid at last year’s Monaco Grand Prix if the stewards did not penalise the German for intentionally stopping his Ferrari at Rascasse during qualifying.

The startling insight into Alonso’s character is provided by Mark Webber, who recounts a conversation with the Spaniard in James Allen’s new biography of Schumacher, Michael Schumacher: The Edge of Greatness.
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40619
You can also read a full extract from the book about the Monaco '06 weekend.
Could have been entertaining if true.. :p

Dave B
11th September 2007, 16:11
The big question is: would MS have driven over him? :p

Flat.tyres
11th September 2007, 16:14

That's not a serious question is it? The only real question would be whether he jumped the lights to make sure he couldn't move at the last second :laugh:

markabilly
11th September 2007, 16:16
only if he thought it would not damage his car-- :D

ioan
11th September 2007, 18:23

No he would have swerved! :laugh:

Gotcha! :p :

Valve Bounce
12th September 2007, 03:10
No he would have swerved! :laugh:

Gotcha! :p :

.............after instructing Massa to run over Alonso by jumping the start!!

wmcot
12th September 2007, 06:35
MS would have swerved to avoid the debris pick up on his tires. It's the person starting 3rd that FA should have been worried about! ;)

555-04Q2
12th September 2007, 06:53
Browsing the ITV website I came across this rather fascinating story about an excerpt from James Allen's new book about Michael Schumacher.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40619
You can also read a full extract from the book about the Monaco '06 weekend.
Could have been entertaining if true.. :p

Thats brilliant :up: I haven't heard anything that funny in F1 for a looooooooooong time :laugh:

And yes, MS would have run the doos over without batting an eyelid ;)

Mark
12th September 2007, 10:24
Sounds like drunken ramblings to me :p

ArrowsFA1
12th September 2007, 11:10
Isn't it about time James Allen found another subject for a book other than Schumi? First "Quest for Redemption", then "Driven to Extremes" and now "The Edge of Greatness" :crazy: :p :

ioan
12th September 2007, 13:49
Isn't it about time James Allen found another subject for a book other than Schumi? First "Quest for Redemption", then "Driven to Extremes" and now "The Edge of Greatness" :crazy: :p :

Don't worry, the next one will be about Lewy and how stupid McLaren robed him of his chance of taking the F1 WDC in the first year. :D