PDA

View Full Version : Best Christmas meal?

Hazell B
27th December 2006, 15:09
Everyone looks forward to the fabled Christmas dinner.
But I bet you all enjoyed some other meal or snack more, either because it wasn't served with all the fuss or because it was a special treat of some kind. Even the Christmas dinner wine is bettered by the first cold beer with a turkey sandwich later that night as often as not :p :

Yesterday (Boxing Day) I returned home from the stables and made a crispy streaky bacon sandwich and followed it up with a chunck of home made cheesecake. It was soooo much nicer than the main meal the day before!

Captain VXR
27th December 2006, 16:40
All the chocolates I got were a bit better than the turkey but it was still lush :up:

tracyk
27th December 2006, 16:46
Even though the main xmas dinner isn't my favourite foods, it's still my favourite as it's the one meal of the year that my whole family sits down to eat together. After dinner everybody drifts off and does their own thing again.

stevie_gerrard
28th December 2006, 01:52
Our Main Christmas Dinner was fantastic at university, although it was cooked by me :p : the one my parents cooked on christmas day wasnt as nice :p :

raybak
28th December 2006, 07:59
Christmas Dinner with the family was great, Turkey, Roast Lamb and a heap of red wine. got to repeat it all that night with the extended family. Wouldn't miss is it for anything, except maybe next Christmas as i will be in Portugal preapring for Dakar.

Ray

BaldyMan
28th December 2006, 11:08
Trouble with Xmas this year it was a Monday, but on a Sunday if I'm not motorsporting somewhere we have a Sunday roast, which we done without thinking, think that was better than all the messing about on the day.

Erki
28th December 2006, 11:16
Gingerbread is good. :up:

I don't quite understand all this Christmas meal, Thanksgiving meal, Easter meal, birthday meal and the-day-when-I-discovered-there's-no-Santa meal thingy. Why couldn't I eat a gingerbread in Summer? I eat what I like and what's good for me, cats and dogs don't have Christmas meals(at least the wild ones), do they?

EuroTroll
28th December 2006, 12:33
Gingerbread is good. :up:

I don't quite understand all this Christmas meal, Thanksgiving meal, Easter meal, birthday meal and the-day-when-I-discovered-there's-no-Santa meal thingy. Why couldn't I eat a gingerbread in Summer? I eat what I like and what's good for me, cats and dogs don't have Christmas meals(at least the wild ones), do they?

Cats and dogs also don't post on motorsport-related forums, yet you do. Go figure. :p :

I guess it's just inevitable that these special meals become events in themselves over time. When you want to celebrate something with other people, what could you do? Sing, dance, play (the biscuit) game, talk, fight, sing again... Whatever you do, you'll get hungry eventually. So you have a meal. Over time, traditions form around the singing and the dancing - and also around the eating.

But who's to stop you eating ginger bread in the summer if you want to? :confused:

EuroTroll
28th December 2006, 12:45
Trouble with Xmas this year it was a Monday, but on a Sunday if I'm not motorsporting somewhere we have a Sunday roast, which we done without thinking, think that was better than all the messing about on the day.

Is it true that in Scotland, the celebration is on Christmas Eve? Unlike the rest of the UK where it's Christmas Day.

Erki
28th December 2006, 14:18
Whatever you do, you'll get hungry eventually.

You can have your biscuit. :p

EuroTroll
28th December 2006, 15:11
You can have your biscuit. :p

Oh! Thank you very much! ;)

:p :

Iain
28th December 2006, 16:34
Is it true that in Scotland, the celebration is on Christmas Eve? Unlike the rest of the UK where it's Christmas Day.

Not true. :)

Although I'd say New Year's Eve (Hogmanay) gets celebrated more than actual New Year's Day itself here.

jso1985
28th December 2006, 22:15
The big thing here is on Christmas Eve.
We had a delicious freid chicken made by my sister, it wasn't as much as Christmas dinners in Europe but somebody cooking in my house is already a big event!

millencolin
29th December 2006, 04:04
i love desert... pavlova! christmas without pavlova is a christmas not worth having