PDA

View Full Version : " Thank you " Alonso

seppefan
10th September 2007, 08:31
I am a Williams man and so Ron has never been a hero or Mclaren a popular winner chez nous however I do feel for Ron at this time. Alonso is so bloody rude ignoring him on the podium and not one word of thanks to the team after the win. I really do hope that alonso is not at Mclaren next year because Ron fires him.

ArrowsFA1
10th September 2007, 08:57
Some of Alonso's actions and comments this weekend were of a man more looking out for himself, than playing the team game.

When he was winning races with Renault we got used to him taking the chequered flag and passing right next to the pit wall to celebrate with his team. Yesterday it was noticible that he didn't do that, whereas Hamilton clearly did.

Also in the post race press conference there were a couple of questions when he may have had the opportunity to comment about the team, and their efforts on his behalf but...:

Q. What does it mean to you personally to win here on Ferrari territory on what is an emotional weekend for McLaren? We saw your team principal Ron Dennis looking quite emotional on the podium.
FA: It's very special, I think. All the wins are special but over the last two or three years, there are some circuits where I won more than one time or one time, and Monza is one of the circuits where I never won before, so I wanted to achieve that, try to make at least one win on all the circuits and to win in Monza, the first time, with all the people here... maybe they are Ferrari fans, but on top of that they are Formula One fans and they are very emotional. They love Formula One in Italy, so it's great to win here.

Q. (Ian Parkes – The Press Association) For Fernando and Lewis, given all that is going on around McLaren this season, and is still going on, what would it mean to you to win the world title?
FA: Any driver wants to be world champion and when we started in Australia 22 drivers wanted to achieve that and after two or three races you can see that maybe just two teams, or a maximum three teams, can make a driver champion because you need the car, the package, you need everything with you.
We are extremely lucky to be in this position to have such a fast car and it means a lot to become world champion, but, at least for me, it is not special if around the team there are problems. For me, it doesn't matter that because in the end it is good to be the drivers' world champion and the constructors' (championship) or whatever, from a driver's point of view, it is not really a big factor.

Ok, so for a driver it is the WDC that is more important, but given everything that is going on Alonso's comments seem to deliberately distance himself from McLaren.

Reading more into his words, you could suggest that his comments about the Ferrari fans at Monza could be seen as...Alonso to Ferrari in 2008 :p but that would be the kind of media speculation I criticise so much :D

ioan
10th September 2007, 09:35
Some of Alonso's actions and comments this weekend were of a man more looking out for himself, than playing the team game.

In a team like McLaren I don't blame him at all.

seppefan
10th September 2007, 10:32
He seems to be looking for the exit but no need to be so childish about it. It would be funny if he went to Ferrari as Todt is 100% against that and after having to accept Kimi.......Brawn will be badly needed in a few months time.

Ian McC
10th September 2007, 10:54

I think that is pretty much expected Ioan ;)

F1boat
10th September 2007, 11:02

I agree. They clearly prefer Lewis, who has "McLaren blood" and is not a "recycled champion".
Alonso has done for McLaren enough on track.

555-04Q2
10th September 2007, 11:15
Interseting to note that Alonso has stopped sharing telemetary and setup data with Hamilton and then dominated his teamate all weekend. He must be favourite for the WDC now me thinks.

Trqster
10th September 2007, 11:24
Alonso was a class of his own during this weekend's GP for whatever reasons, so congratulations for his brilliant drive and win.
If he keeps his act together he'll be WDC champ once again this year.
I really don't see Hamilton, as brilliantly talented as he is, having yet the maturity and experience to come out on top on an extremely high-pressure scenario for the last 4 races. He's just a rookie and that is slowly starting to come up.

As for the team talk, I guess Alonso is now 99% sure out of mclaren sure at the end of the year, so he's just taking care of his own interests now. He just doesn't give a f*** about the team he's driving for - you could tell already that last year at Renault...

ioan
10th September 2007, 11:26
Interseting to note that Alonso has stopped sharing telemetary and setup data with Hamilton and then dominated his teamate all weekend. He must be favourite for the WDC now me thinks.

He easily had the measure of Hamilton in Monza and I have to say that in a way I was glad that this happened.

In the eventuality that Bernie gets everything to go his way this Thursday and McLaren are not kicked out for this season, we can without doubt say that McLaren wins both championships. In this case I think that Alonso is more deserving than Hamilton to get the crown.

ioan
10th September 2007, 11:27
I think that is pretty much expected Ioan ;)

What is pretty much expected?

Dzeidzei
10th September 2007, 11:38
He seems to be looking for the exit but no need to be so childish about it. It would be funny if he went to Ferrari as Todt is 100% against that and after having to accept Kimi.......Brawn will be badly needed in a few months time.

There are at least 2 mistakes here. 1. Alonso will never drive for Ferrari and he´s the main reason for that. 2. Todt didnt have to "accept Kimi", he actually signed Kimi back in 2005 when MS was still unaware of his future in racing. Some people have suggested that this decision made MS retire, but who knows for sure...

I think the latest rumors are taking Alonso back to Renault. Alongside Heikki. Unless Heikki gets the other drive at McCheat.

leopard
10th September 2007, 11:43
I am a Williams man and so Ron has never been a hero or Mclaren a popular winner chez nous however I do feel for Ron at this time. Alonso is so bloody rude ignoring him on the podium and not one word of thanks to the team after the win. I really do hope that alonso is not at Mclaren next year because Ron fires him.
Are you trying to tell Alonso at Williams next year? ;)

seppefan
10th September 2007, 11:51
Are you trying to tell Alonso at Williams next year? ;)

Nice one

leopard
10th September 2007, 12:12
Nice one
"Thank you" Williams :)

dime3
10th September 2007, 13:38
While Alonso was untouchable all weekend I was shocked by his behaviour after the race. The win came courtesy of Mclaren, aka Ron, a smile and a handshake isn't a lot to ask :mad:

andreag
10th September 2007, 13:40
Alonso will never drive for Ferrari and he´s the main reason for that.
Lots of people think Fernando said he didn't want to drive for Ferrari, and that's not true.

What he said was he wanted to win 3 WDC on any car than a Ferrari (as his youth idol Senna did).

Now if he wins this year championship (his third), he'd achieved his goal, and then he'll be ready for a 4th title, but there's no limitation about in what team he can win next titles.

If he wins this year, then he goes to Ferrari, and wins next year again, it would be 4 WDC's in a row in three different teams.

seppefan
10th September 2007, 13:55
There are at least 2 mistakes here. 1. Alonso will never drive for Ferrari and he´s the main reason for that. 2. Todt didnt have to "accept Kimi", he actually signed Kimi back in 2005 when MS was still unaware of his future in racing. Some people have suggested that this decision made MS retire, but who knows for sure...

I think the latest rumors are taking Alonso back to Renault. Alongside Heikki. Unless Heikki gets the other drive at McCheat.

Todt was forced to sign Kimi against his wishes by Luca. I do agree that Renault looks the most likely place for Alonso now alongside Heikki. So who to Mclaren ?

Valve Bounce
10th September 2007, 14:21

I think this is rather small of him really. He should have at least thanked his mechanics and pit crew whom drivers refer to as the boys, for the wonderful work they did to make the win happen. Even if he didn't want to thank Ron, or the team, his crew made his win possible by their good work.

I have never witnessed a winner who did not give credit and thanks to his crew. I am sure SchM did that after every win.

OTA
10th September 2007, 14:23
Hmm, I think a little door opened yesterday for FA driving a Ferrari, but it's still a long shot. Many zillions around...

Cheers
David

F1boat
10th September 2007, 16:49
I think this is rather small of him really. He should have at least thanked his mechanics and pit crew whom drivers refer to as the boys, for the wonderful work they did to make the win happen. Even if he didn't want to thank Ron, or the team, his crew made his win possible by their good work.

He gave them the bottle with the champagne :)

ArrowsFA1
10th September 2007, 17:04
He gave them the bottle with the champagne :)
I thought for a moment he was going to do a Prost and give the fans the trophy as well :eek:

markabilly
10th September 2007, 17:38
If he wins this year, then he goes to Ferrari, and wins next year again, it would be 4 WDC's in a row in three different teams.

Not if ferrari keeps backsliding...it will not be long before ferrari is as happy as Ham Burger and Red Cow crew, when they beat thos tough Spykers on a regualr basis (or whatever Spyker is called next year)

Valve Bounce
10th September 2007, 22:49
Not if ferrari keeps backsliding...it will not be long before ferrari is as happy as Ham Burger and Red Cow crew, when they beat thos tough Spykers on a regualr basis (or whatever Spyker is called next year)

Are you expecting more plans to be copied?

pino
11th September 2007, 06:49
Not if ferrari keeps backsliding...it will not be long before ferrari is as happy as Ham Burger and Red Cow crew...

Please do spell names correctly...thanks :)

wmcot
11th September 2007, 06:59
While Alonso was untouchable all weekend I was shocked by his behaviour after the race. The win came courtesy of Mclaren, aka Ron, a smile and a handshake isn't a lot to ask :mad:

Kind of makes me wonder if Ron didn't try to "persuade" FA as to what he would say in the hearing Thursday and FA was telling Ron to "swivel."

Blackburn Buccaneer
11th September 2007, 07:11
Lots of people think Fernando said he didn't want to drive for Ferrari, and that's not true.

What he said was he wanted to win 3 WDC on any car than a Ferrari (as his youth idol Senna did).

Now if he wins this year championship (his third), he'd achieved his goal, and then he'll be ready for a 4th title, but there's no limitation about in what team he can win next titles.

ok this is where i put my dude hat on.
What do you think hamilton will be doing next year? If mclaren competes next year, i don't believe alonso will be able to stay with him, team mate or not. Alonso is one of the best out there, but he's gotta be checking his rear view mirror, whether he wins this year or not. If hamilton drives for mclaren next year, we will be seeing a lot of straight fights: take a good look at whats been happening this year, this kid, hamilton is all about competition.

AJP
11th September 2007, 09:07
Alonso acted like a spoilt brat after the race. He didnt deserve to be on the podium to accept the trophy. Had anyone know that he wouldn't thank the team, I'm sure no one would have wanted him up there.
I find it interesting that people think he deserves the title more the Lewis or anyone else for that matter..
what is the logic behind that?

leopard
11th September 2007, 10:41
He has developed incredible make-over on the car for which the team is supposed to thank to him for his effort. That's the logic behind that!

F1MAN2007
11th September 2007, 11:45
I knew since the Hungrian GP that FA told RD that the rest of the season will be on his own. Whatever the car they will give him, he will try to get the maximum of it.

So it doesn't suprise me what he did in Monza. He is going through a hard moment in Mclaren, so I don't blame him. But suprisingly, I have seen that when he is under intense pressure and when he is moaning on things which are not going on his way, is that time he makes brilliant driver!

He was intouchable in Monza where the circuit is known as the most fastest in F1. From the Practice 2 to Sunday he was billiant and the fastest on grid. He topped the Q1,Q2,Q3 and won the pole position. After that he set a fastest lap during the race and won the race. So where has been the Clone?!

If it is true that he no longer share data with the Kid, which I expect is the truth and the evidence is LH trying to be so kind to FA this time, so for the next four races a single mistake by LH will cost him losing the title. He has no room for error. Of course this will depend on the decision this Thursday.

euskalteam
11th September 2007, 16:34
He had to thank his mecanics their job. Maybe not to McLaren or Ron, but yes to his mecanics.
He was the fastest driver of the weekend but, only one small error at the one of the pitstops and all have changed. FA made an excelent Job but also the crew.

F1MAN2007
11th September 2007, 17:17
He had to thank his mecanics their job. Maybe not to McLaren or Ron, but yes to his mecanics.
He was the fastest driver of the weekend but, only one small error at the one of the pitstops and all have changed. FA made an excelent Job but also the crew.

I agree with you.

wmcot
12th September 2007, 07:35

I hope he at least thanked them in private. But isn't this the same Alonso who accused Renault of giving him an inferior car and the team (mechanics included) of not supporting him. Seems like the same old thing, again.

leopard
12th September 2007, 08:04
It's more a note of cautious for the team ..

kalasend
12th September 2007, 18:48

While I do not appreciate FA's behavior, I would not think any of his mechanics would do anything to jeopardize FA's races. It's about professionalism. Not being thanked does not entitle them to sabotage their work.

The problem is solely on FA. As a driver, acknowledging the good work of his crew is vital. No matter how mighty he is, he can't do anything outside the cockpit. So what he did is childishness to the extreme.

seppefan
13th September 2007, 16:58
" Thank you " Mr Alonso for turning up in Paris. Your a great guy.

Tazio
13th September 2007, 20:55
I agree. They clearly prefer Lewis, who has "McLaren blood" and is not a "recycled champion".
Alonso has done for McLaren enough on track.
I totally agree!
I have nothing against Lew. I think he is an excellent driver. It's fairly amazing what he has acomplished this year. But,
Fred is the reining champ,and I think he will continue to demonstrate why! I don't blame him for feeling slighted at Mac.
Untill he is unseated, he is the Queso!!

seppefan
15th September 2007, 10:11
If one of my staff tried to blackmail me they would be fired. End of.

Tazio
15th September 2007, 12:04
http://www.feedmef1.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=8199

"A return to Renault for Alonso is considered very probable," the newspaper contended

Ranger
15th September 2007, 12:10
Likewise, Alonso's manager has denied he's going anywhere.

But I won't believe any of this until it's official.

pino
15th September 2007, 12:51
Please let's continue this in here (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121127) :)