PDA

View Full Version : What about driver of the race????

race aficionado
9th September 2007, 16:19
For me the winner -Fernando Alonso-

and of course Lewis Hamilton with his feisty second place.

His start was exciting and his pass on Kimi was surprising.

:s mokin:

F1boat
9th September 2007, 16:23
1. Alonso
- Perfect

jens
9th September 2007, 17:01
In recent races Kovalainen and Rosberg have consistently been very impressive and are again strong options for the "driver of the day" award.

Alonso was definetely very impressive. Hamilton gets the "overtake of the day" award. And Button deserves some praise too.

Mikeall
9th September 2007, 17:08
Best driver Alonso, he was perfect.

Best battle was definitely Button and Rosberg. I don't think Button's original pass on Rosberg on lap 8 was shown on TV, but Rosberg's efforts to repass and Button's efforts to resist provided some of the most exciting wheel to wheel racing of the year. It was a shame it took Rosberg so long to pass Button because he could have even finished 4th ahead of the BMWs with his strategy.

Sleeper
9th September 2007, 17:28
Best driver Alonso, he was perfect.

Best battle was definitely Button and Rosberg. I don't think Button's original pass on Rosberg on lap 8 was shown on TV, but Rosberg's efforts to repass and Button's efforts to resist provided some of the most exciting wheel to wheel racing of the year. It was a shame it took Rosberg so long to pass Button because he could have even finished 4th ahead of the BMWs with his strategy.
I'll go with that. I saw Buttons move on Rosberg at the top of the screen and it looked more like NR moved over to let him through, probably asked to do so after cutting the chicane to keep Button behind the lap before.

Hamilton gets overtacking move of the race though.

VkmSpouge
9th September 2007, 17:46
Alonso without a shadow of a doubt is my driver of the day.

Mentions for Rosberg and Button, both of whom impressed me today.

jas123f1
9th September 2007, 17:58
Alonso - he was the king of the whole weekend ..

Enchanter
9th September 2007, 18:19
Alonso for sure.

BeansBeansBeans
9th September 2007, 18:52
I'd have to agree on Alonso for his complete domination of the whole weekend. I've always said that Alonso's experience would give him an advantage over Lewis when we got to the nitty-gritty of the title battle, and it looks like he's proving me right.

Viktory
9th September 2007, 19:35
Alonso, no doubt about it.

Blackburn Buccaneer
9th September 2007, 20:00
For me the winner -Fernando Alonso-

and of course Lewis Hamilton with his feisty second place.

His start was exciting and his pass on Kimi was surprising.

:s mokin:

sweet, sweet, fernando: i said it before. focus and concentration.
lewis's pass was sublime.
sweet victory. wow what a performance by mclaren.

titivie
9th September 2007, 20:14
Very solid race by Alonso who seems to be more focus on his driving and more confident now that the championship is on the line.
I am surprise nobody mentioning about the way Hamilton tryed to block Massa from passing at the start, legal of course but a bit cocky.

BeansBeansBeans
9th September 2007, 20:32
I am surprise nobody mentioning about the way Hamilton tryed to block Massa from passing at the start, legal of course but a bit cocky.

He gave Massa a car's width, so all's fair as far as I'm concerned.

PSfan
9th September 2007, 21:21
Well, Alonso basically just ran his race and really didn't do anything spectacular... shame Massa dnf'd because I think he might have had a car that could of challenged Alonso at some point in the race

Hamilton had his moments, but his 2nd stint killed any chance for a win. Plus this kind of race makes it easy to predict this guy might be dead by the age of 25!!! And the start is just more ammo for people like JV to criticize this guy, the FIA really should write up something to prevent the Schuey chop, its a very ugly move in F1 and wish there was a way to penalize it...

So because of his botched pit, and still managed a respectable points position I call Kubica driver of the race.

Roamy
9th September 2007, 21:27
i didn't see the race but it appears that rosberg must have had a good race

BeansBeansBeans
9th September 2007, 21:40
i didn't see the race but it appears that rosberg must have had a good race

He did.

He had a very good (and clean) scrap with Jenson Button.

aryan
10th September 2007, 02:15
Driver of the race: FA.

Overtaking move of the race: LH on KR.

Special mention to JB and NR for their wonderfully clean and superb battle; and nice drives for both of them.

The Ant also drove a good race, he is now the clear No.1 at team Aguri.

So is HK at Renault.

Mikeall
10th September 2007, 02:24
Very solid race by Alonso who seems to be more focus on his driving and more confident now that the championship is on the line.

After many years of watching Monza starts, the seems to be you can push someone onto the grass unless they lose control and end up down the escape road and you can cross the chicane while passing someone if the person you are passing hits you. This start was totally normal and like virtually all others.

truefan72
10th September 2007, 02:28
1. Alonso - perfect for the weekend ( didn't go to the pitwall at the end though hmmm!)
2. Rosberg - very well done
3. Hamilton - for providing us the drama
4. Kubica - sterling comeback

btw PsFan,
did you listen to the post race interview as too why LH was slower in the 2nd stint?
And I guess finishing 2nd to the pole sitter, fastest lap driver and overall perfect drive by Alonso, is a sure sign that he's finished LOL

Timber
10th September 2007, 02:35
1. Alonso - perfect for the weekend ( didn't go to the pitwall at the end though hmmm!)

btw PsFan,
did you listen to the post race interview as too why LH was slower in the 2nd stint?
And I guess finishing 2nd to the pole sitter, fastest lap driver and overall perfect drive by Alonso, is a sure sign that he's finished LOL

you were right in your post yesterday , LH was lighter in fuel ....... :rolleyes:

Blackburn Buccaneer
10th September 2007, 03:33

btw PsFan,

on the money truefan72.

we can chose to go along for the ride and have a good time: when it's over, we'll have an appreciation that certain events don't happen every year. lets all enjoy the racing on the track.

PSfan
10th September 2007, 04:37

I didn't watch the post race interviews, however judging by his post race comments he said something to the extent that He had tried to keep up with Alonso, but wasn't as fast, and had bad luck in traffic, yadda yadda yadda... Whatever the excuse, his second stint cost him the race, and nearly 2nd... therefor not really earning the title of driver of the race.

And re-read my post, I wasn't suggesting that Hamilton finishing second was a sign his career was over... I implied his DANGEROUS driving was gonna get him killed... "he might be dead by the age of 25" how do you mis-understand that kind of statement?

pino
10th September 2007, 07:07
Alonso :up:

ioan
10th September 2007, 09:19
Kimi for me.
He was up there after 2/3-rds of the race in a car that was not deserving of that position.

Excuse me for not going with the wave that votes for the winner of the race since the start of the season! :p :

ArrowsFA1
10th September 2007, 09:25
I guess Alonso is the obvious choice because he was the class of the field all weekend, but Button, Rosberg and Kovalianen deserve special mention for their drives :up:

Ranger
10th September 2007, 10:04
Raikkonen almost pulled one out of the bag here, pretty decent for being in the spare car for the only parts of the weekend that matter.

But Alonso takes this one.

555-04Q2
10th September 2007, 11:17
Alonso for sure with a mention to Kimi for trying something to spoil the Mac parade.

Flat.tyres
10th September 2007, 12:36
Freddy was the best driver today. He lead from the start and turned out a faultless display.

Lewis provided the best Racing today. Superb in the first lap with a set-up that wasn't 100% and a great pass on Kimi.

Button got the max out of the machinary and is starting to build his quedos again, not just from the result but by how he is doggedly sticking it out and challenging with a rubbish car that keeps letting him down. His stock, unbelivebly, is on the rise again and he's starting to win me round by his committment.

Mikeall
10th September 2007, 20:29
Lets not forget Yamamoto who nearly passed his much higher rated teammate, Sutil early on, nearly matched his fastest lap pace and wasn't far off the Toro Rossos.

stevie_gerrard
11th September 2007, 00:45
Rosberg and Hamilton for two gutsy moves at critical stages in the race.

Special mentions to alonso, you just can;t get rid of the spaniard :p : and Button, who was finally in the points again :D

wmcot
11th September 2007, 06:39
Tie between Rosberg and Kovalainnen for real side-by-side racing! Don't remember the last time I saw that last as long in a race.

F1MAN2007
11th September 2007, 12:31
The King of the race : Fernando Alonso.

The King of Overtaking : Lewis Hamilton

The Loser of the Day : Ferrari being humiliated by Mclaren in front of his fans

MAX_THRUST
11th September 2007, 13:09
The best and most entertaining driver all race, with great power slides, supererb cornering and I can't remember the guy's name? He drove a Merc it was at the front of the field for a few laps........Who was it driving the safety car???? The race wasn't the best though

Mikeall
13th September 2007, 21:59
He had to do some overtaking at one point didn't he?

ioan
14th September 2007, 00:42
The Loser of the Day : Ferrari being humiliated by Mclaren in front of his fans

If being beaten by a cheater is called humiliation! :rolleyes:

Ian McC
14th September 2007, 09:12
If being beaten by a cheater is called humiliation! :rolleyes:

You going to use that one for the rest of the year?