???

Daniel
5th September 2007, 16:05
?????????

:cheese:

Erki
5th September 2007, 16:39
Another rally series?

Or is it Rugby World Championship coming up again?

Daniel
5th September 2007, 16:56
Rugby World Cup.

CarlMetro
5th September 2007, 16:57
?

I'll see your ? and raise you 2 @ :p :

schmenke
5th September 2007, 17:58
Rugby World Cup.

See post #1

Addicted
5th September 2007, 18:28
I`m in.

LeonBrooke
5th September 2007, 22:23
Oh no. I was hoping I could avoid the rugby world cup by coming here. It'll be all over our TV screens and in our newspapers and on our radio, I was hoping this place would be a refuge.

I know! Why don't I just not read any threads about it! Great idea!

schmenke
5th September 2007, 22:37
...It'll be all over our TV screens and in our newspapers and on our radio, ...

I wish we had that kind of coverage here :(
The only television coverage that we'll get is the 3 matches that team Canada (yes, Canada has qualified - stop yer snickering :rolleyes: ) will play, and likely loose :mark: . ...And I have to get up at 6:00am to watch them :mark:

LeonBrooke
5th September 2007, 22:40
How about we swap locations for the duration of the world cup then?

Donney
6th September 2007, 09:23
Oh no. I was hoping I could avoid the rugby world cup by coming here. It'll be all over our TV screens and in our newspapers and on our radio, I was hoping this place would be a refuge.

Move to Spain it will go completely unnoticed, mind you, you will get extremely fed up with football.

pino
6th September 2007, 09:27
There's an huge excitiment in Italy for the World Cup, we might end on podium this time :p :

btw welcome back knockie :wave:

CarlMetro
6th September 2007, 09:32

You should try living in the country who are the defending champions, but who have absolutely no hope in winning it this time around :s If only the sports journos in this country would admit to it...............

millencolin
6th September 2007, 10:05
Luckily our local footy finals (AFL and Rugby League) has downplayed the RWC. But once it starts up i can see all those bloody one time union fans shouting 'I love the wallabies, always have. That guy who scored the try is a legend' jumping all over the bandwagon.

"you didnt love them yesterday, yesterday it was the socceroos! You bandwagon whore!" :p :

I hope anyone BUT the Wallabies win. I hate the Wallabies and the ARU... GO FIJI!!!

Daniel
6th September 2007, 10:12
That's just because you're a "poor mans rugby" fan.

millencolin
6th September 2007, 10:37
That's just because you're a "poor mans rugby" fan.

NO i hate the ARU because they just mulch theyre players that the Rugby League system helped to top level status (especially the Brisbane Broncos). They should be investing money in junior union instead of just buying league players. Classic example is Berrick Barnes, without the Broncos, he would be a nobody! The whole Union system is a joke, dont get me started on the super 14s. And this so called national Union competition theyve started, its very amatuer. They waste so much money, with some much corporate support you think it would be better to sort out thier many problems. Theyre a joke! they dont deserve any success!

Camelopard
6th September 2007, 10:40

I have only ever met 2 Kiwis with no interest in Rugby, I'll add you to the list!

Allez les Blues............... :p

Camelopard
6th September 2007, 10:46
NO i hate the ARU because they just mulch theyre players that the Rugby League system helped to top level status (especially the Brisbane Broncos). They should be investing money in junior union instead of just buying league players. Classic example is Berrick Barnes, without the Broncos, he would be a nobody! The whole Union system is a joke, dont get me started on the super 14s. And this so called national Union competition theyve started, its very amatuer. They waste so much money, with some much corporate support you think it would be better to sort out thier many problems. Theyre a joke! they dont deserve any success!

I think you could also say the reverse, a hell of a lot of league players played union first and were lured across to league by the dollars thrown at them.
This changed when union became professional in Australia. I think the aru have also wasted a lot of money with some of these league players, I'm sorry but I believe Lote is a waste of space and so was Matt Rogers in union.

Allez les Blues.........

Daniel
6th September 2007, 10:52
What? Because you don't like it it deserves no support? :rolleyes:

Face it Union is the bigger game and that's what people want to play. Even in Australia you don't really hear about the League World Cup being on until Australia wins the final. You might hear it in Queensland and NSW but no one else really cares that much compared to Union. League is boring to watch because it's just back and forwards. No matter how good a team is at gaining position they have to give up the ball after a few tackles which is just silly. So the game just seesaw's back and forth. I once went to a League match in Auckland and was bored half to sleep. Never have that problem when watching SA play Australia. Whinging about Union stealing players is like complaining about softball losing players to baseball because people want to play the game that's more commonly played and more well know. If a player wants to play at the pinnacle of the sport and wants to get paid more then that's their choice. Perhaps you need to look at why League can't retain top players before you go whinging about Union picking them up.

millencolin
6th September 2007, 15:40
Perhaps you need to look at why League can't retain top players before you go whinging about Union picking them up.

Easy... SALARY CAP... everyone knows that. Union (and league in UK) can offer a bucketload more money as there isnt a salary cap like there is in the NRL. I think the Salary cap isnt big enough, but it doesnt matter how big it becomes, Union (and league in UK) will keep offering more. The salary cap is a good thing and a bad thing. Good because it evens out the competition. Without it i dont think the Tigers would of won the premiership back in 05, or South Sydney making the finals this year. if it wasn't in place, the Brisbane Broncos and the Sydney Roosters would buy most of the good players. But its also bad as other competitions can offer larger amounts of money and players who serve a club for many years can be forced out due to budget reasons (i.e Petero Civoniceva).

Plus I wasn't ragging out against union in general (as i stated earlier... GO FIJI!!!). I wasn't saying how one game is better or more important than the other. I wasn't saying anything about 'LEAGUE IS A TOUGHER GAME' etc etc. I was just stating how I dont like the ARU/Wallabies therefore I don't want to see them win it.

Realistically I would love to see NZ win it, a country so crazy about a sport deserves to win its greatest prize. But Go Fiji!

LeonBrooke
6th September 2007, 21:26
Move to Spain it will go completely unnoticed, mind you, you will get extremely fed up with football.

I tell you, it would be a relief!

You should try living in the country who are the defending champions, but who have absolutely no hope in winning it this time around :s If only the sports journos in this country would admit to it...............

It's like that here too. To the New Zealanders, they're the only ones with a hope of winning. And if they don't win... the other teams cheated. Seriously - they're already preparing the excuses.

I have only ever met 2 Kiwis with no interest in Rugby, I'll add you to the list!

You can add my mum and my brother to that list as well...

Daniel
7th September 2007, 00:39
Easy... SALARY CAP... everyone knows that. Union (and league in UK) can offer a bucketload more money as there isnt a salary cap like there is in the NRL. I think the Salary cap isnt big enough, but it doesnt matter how big it becomes, Union (and league in UK) will keep offering more. The salary cap is a good thing and a bad thing. Good because it evens out the competition. Without it i dont think the Tigers would of won the premiership back in 05, or South Sydney making the finals this year. if it wasn't in place, the Brisbane Broncos and the Sydney Roosters would buy most of the good players. But its also bad as other competitions can offer larger amounts of money and players who serve a club for many years can be forced out due to budget reasons (i.e Petero Civoniceva).

Plus I wasn't ragging out against union in general (as i stated earlier... GO FIJI!!!). I wasn't saying how one game is better or more important than the other. I wasn't saying anything about 'LEAGUE IS A TOUGHER GAME' etc etc. I was just stating how I dont like the ARU/Wallabies therefore I don't want to see them win it.

Realistically I would love to see NZ win it, a country so crazy about a sport deserves to win its greatest prize. But Go Fiji!
Fair enough then ;) You should watch it just for the good rugby though :)

race aficionado
7th September 2007, 02:34
and the answer is . . . . . .

Hawkmoon
7th September 2007, 03:21
I'll pass. Rugby is as boring as bat sh1t. Not as bad as the AFL which is the worst form of "football" ever invented.

No, it's the NFL for me. Now there's a real man's game if ever there was one! ;)

Flat.tyres
7th September 2007, 16:42
I'll pass. Rugby is as boring as bat sh1t. Not as bad as the AFL which is the worst form of "football" ever invented.

No, it's the NFL for me. Now there's a real man's game if ever there was one! ;)

I like rugby and it starts tomorrow doesn't it?

By the way Hawkmoon. I wouldn't write the "S" word like that as the Mods are handing out Points like toffee for less :D

Flat.tyres
7th September 2007, 16:46

Salery caps don't work as it encourages back handers.

In the RFU amature game, the southern hemisphere teams were not supposed to be paying players so fitted players up with companies where they had to make a camio appearence to get a good wage and train the rest of the time. In effect, the Southern Hemisphere game was professional 10-15 years before the game turned pro.

stevie_gerrard
7th September 2007, 16:54
GO ENGLAND!! :p :

I'm looking forward to the World Cup, and i'm thinking it might be a closer affair than people think.

Camelopard
7th September 2007, 17:31
Salery caps don't work as it encourages back handers.

In the RFU amature game, the southern hemisphere teams were not supposed to be paying players so fitted players up with companies where they had to make a camio appearence to get a good wage and train the rest of the time. In effect, the Southern Hemisphere game was professional 10-15 years before the game turned pro.

That might have been the case in NZ and SA, but was definately not the case in Australia, that's why Australian Rugby lost so many good players to league.
I thought that 'boot money' originated in the UK, ie where amateur players would find money in their boots placed by 'unknown' people.

Alez les Blues...................

BobGarage
7th September 2007, 20:21
nice opening 5 minutes of the world cup.
argies all over france.

Daniel
7th September 2007, 22:07
Well France lost. Supposedly a big upset but Argentina have always been strong so to me it wasn't entirely unexpected :)

Daniel
8th September 2007, 17:28
Dirty English loser. Tripping one of the US players......

Very unsportsmanly conduct doing that against a lowly ranked nation.

I hope someone breaks his leg with a trip or something. I don't like dirty play at the best of times but to do it against a low ranked team is dispicable. Do they do a video review of the match after? Such a blatant trip shouldn't go unpunished!

stevie_gerrard
8th September 2007, 18:22
The perfect opening game for the world cup, favourites get beaten by underdogs :D I could see Argentina doing well at this tournament, they have a strong side.

Otherwise everything going according to plan, Australia looking good after a shaky start, and the New Zealanders still my favourites to win.

And yes Daniel, what Phil Vickery did is very wrong, and he deserves everything he gets because of it, and thats coming from an England fan! I seem to remember Dominici did the same to Robinson 4 years ago, and got stick for it.

Oh yeh, England are doing rubbish as expected :p : comfortably winning though.

Daniel
8th September 2007, 18:42
I do hope his leg doesn't get broken but he gets sighted for it. Bad Daniel! But when you do that it's wrong but when you do that to a lowly ranked country it just shows unsportsmanly conduct and for a captain that's just wrong. I think the Boks are going to be out for revenge for their defeat in Perth 4 years ago and it should be easy judging by this performance. I think the English have as much chance as the US of winning the world cup. Even the English fans are behind the US. Try time US! Take that! :)

Daniel
8th September 2007, 18:45
Hercus converts too! Excellent play by the US. Very spiteful play by the English which is just wrong and isn't on at all.

Daniel
9th September 2007, 15:29
Am I the only rugby fan here? South Africa and Samoa game is very physical at the moment. Nice high tackle from burger :mark:

Daniel
9th September 2007, 17:07
South Africa with a nice convincing win over Samoa. Was a little worried with the first 40 though but they finished well.

Brown, Jon Brow
9th September 2007, 17:10
Am I the only rugby fan here?

I don't really get rugby. To me it is just a load of men rolling around in the mud with each other :s

Daniel
9th September 2007, 17:36
I don't really get rugby. To me it is just a load of men rolling around in the mud with each other and then rolling about on their backs as if mortally wounded :s

That's a perfect description of football :D

Brown, Jon Brow
9th September 2007, 18:27
You wouldn't be putting words into my mouth would?....again...

I have a friend who plays rugby and he thinks that you are more likely to get injured playing football because your legs are more exposed.

http://sportzfun.com/photos/albums/soccer/cisse_leg_break.jpg

Daniel
9th September 2007, 18:33
Yeah but I made it obvious ;-)

CarlMetro
10th September 2007, 00:09
Do they do a video review of the match after? Such a blatant trip shouldn't go unpunished!

Yes they do a video review of the match and Vickery is likely to recieve a ciatation or fine for his tackle.

By far the worst action during the game was the spear tackle on Olly Barkley, and I'm not just saying that because it was against an England player but because I saw a former team member of mine suffer a broken neck from something very similar. I was stunned that the USA player wasn't red carded for it.

England as a team played poorly, too many line-outs lost to such a sub-standard oponent. The try that USA scored just about summed it all up, if my local club side had let in one that soft they'd have extra training for a week.

I'm not looking forward to Friday :\

jso1985
10th September 2007, 00:25
watched a rugby match, while waiting for the IndyCar race, for the first time in my life, Ireland vs Namibia.

quite a good sport :D hell better than American Handball :up:

Daniel
10th September 2007, 09:27
watched a rugby match, while waiting for the IndyCar race, for the first time in my life, Ireland vs Namibia.

quite a good sport :D hell better than American Handball :up:
You should have watched the South Africa v Samoa match. One of the best games I've seen for ages. Brian Habana was simply electric :D

Daniel
10th September 2007, 09:41
Yes they do a video review of the match and Vickery is likely to recieve a ciatation or fine for his tackle.

By far the worst action during the game was the spear tackle on Olly Barkley, and I'm not just saying that because it was against an England player but because I saw a former team member of mine suffer a broken neck from something very similar. I was stunned that the USA player wasn't red carded for it.

England as a team played poorly, too many line-outs lost to such a sub-standard oponent. The try that USA scored just about summed it all up, if my local club side had let in one that soft they'd have extra training for a week.

I'm not looking forward to Friday :\
I am! :cheese:

Couldn't agree more. That was an ugly tackle if ever there was one I just thought Vickery's tackle was worse because due to the fact that the US players are semi-Pro whereas Vickery is a pro and should have known that. Rugby is always going to have injuries but there's no need to do either of those things. Samoa v SA was physical and the Samoans had a few tackles that were below board as well and the Boks had a few that weren't the best either. I still think Union is a very clean game though. Strange that you get football hooligans when the game is so non-violent whereas Union is inherently violent with all the bodies colliding and such and but I've never heard of Union violence :mark: Who's your pick for the World Cup? I'm biased towards South Africa but I think it's 50:50 between them and NZ at the moment. I'm hoping for a historic re-enactment of the '95 final though :D

Flat.tyres
10th September 2007, 10:44
Vickery's tackle was stupid and he deserved a yellow card. No arguement about it.

The spear tackle should have been a straight Red as this sort of tackle is out of order.

Overall, it was a game that offered little for England. If they beat them by 70 points, people would say they should have done. If they beat them by 20 points, it's a moral "loss" in the eyes of the media.

USA played out of their socks off and tackled their hearts out. England just didn't spark but perhaps they will learn from this and be able to step up to the mark on Friday.

I would like to see a bit more consistency in the Reffing though. Something as fundemental as advantage after a knock on should be consistant. The ball should not go through half a dozen pairs of hands, from one side of the field to the other, and then be brought back for the Knock on.

Anyway, onto Friday and lets hope the Boks play a clean game for once.

Daniel
10th September 2007, 11:13
I think the yellow card was appropriate for the spear tackle. It was an isolated (although serious) incident and not a general indicator of how Emmery (the one who was tripped) played the game. A yellow card would have been appropriate for Vickery but if the ref or touch judge doesn't see it then you can't complain. If he doesn't get rubbed out for a game I think he should be warned and the next offence is a game ban.

I'd like to ask why you're worrying about the Boks being dirty when an English player has just been cited by the video ref? :mark: The boks played cleanly this weekend and they came up against harder opposition than the English gave the US ;)

Must say I was impressed by the US and how they played other than the spear tackle of course. As you said they played with heart and you can't help but like that. I'm certain there were a lot of English people who cheered their try :D That's what I love with Rugby. Everyone's happy as long as it's a good fair game and we even boo our own team if they play dirty :)

stevie_gerrard
11th September 2007, 00:32
A really good opening few days for the rugby world cup, great to see some of the small sides, giving it a real go in this tournament :up: I honestly thought Canada were gonna beat Wales :p :

Daniel
11th September 2007, 19:10
Vickery wiped out for 2 matches! Even I don't think that's fair.

AndyRAC
11th September 2007, 22:12
Vickery wiped out for 2 matches! Even I don't think that's fair.

Possibly, but you can't go round tripping players up with your feet, it's not cricket. If it had been a non English player I would've been shouting at the TV, for a few games ban.
Anyway, anybody but the Small Blacks to win the Cup, they have far too much influence in the running of the game, with the allowance of forward passes, blocking tacklers. And the next RWC in New Zealand, a perfect opportunity to spread the game, by taking it to Japan, so what happens, oh what a surprise, NZ get it. Please...!!!

Daniel
11th September 2007, 23:26
Yes but even as an anti England rugby team person I think a game would have been more than enough. 2 is just excessive

Iain
12th September 2007, 08:37
He shouldn't be there in the first place anyway. He's got some cooking to do. ;) http://www.vickery.tv/

Flat.tyres
12th September 2007, 09:08
2 Games is harsh but fair I think. I don't know how much of the trip was instinctive and how much was deliberate to stop a man that could have gone on to score a possible try.

If it had been seen by the ref it would have been a yellow but that doesn't excuse it. I just hope that the decisions of the IRB are consistant.

What worries me more is the fragility we seem to have at Fly.

Daniel
12th September 2007, 09:25
2 Games is harsh but fair I think. I don't know how much of the trip was instinctive and how much was deliberate to stop a man that could have gone on to score a possible try.

If it had been seen by the ref it would have been a yellow but that doesn't excuse it. I just hope that the decisions of the IRB are consistant.

What worries me more is the fragility we seem to have at Fly.
5 weeks for Burger. This is ridiculous............... The Samoans were much more physical and Lima went out of his way to hurt one of the South Africans and gets away with it :confused:

Emerick out for 5 weeks as well. I think that's a bit more fair but still a little harsh. To an American that could be his whole world cup career :mark:

The IRB needs to be more sensible in regards to what they cite and in regards to what the penalty is........ if they keep on like this for the rest of the world cup we're going to see squads with extremely reduced strength just for incidents that should normally go unpunished or get lesser punishments.

In my humble opinion.
Burger shouldn't have been banned.
Vickery should have got a warning or 1 match at the most.
Emerick should have had 2 or 3 matches.

555-04Q2
12th September 2007, 11:32
5 weeks for Burger. This is ridiculous............... The Samoans were much more physical and Lima went out of his way to hurt one of the South Africans and gets away with it :confused:

Emerick out for 5 weeks as well. I think that's a bit more fair but still a little harsh. To an American that could be his whole world cup career :mark:

The IRB needs to be more sensible in regards to what they cite and in regards to what the penalty is........ if they keep on like this for the rest of the world cup we're going to see squads with extremely reduced strength just for incidents that should normally go unpunished or get lesser punishments.

In my humble opinion.
Burger shouldn't have been banned.
Vickery should have got a warning or 1 match at the most.
Emerick should have had 2 or 3 matches.

I agree :up: What happened to the days when rugby was played by real men and officiated by "manne" as we say over here :( I'm not condoning foul play but if people are worried about getting hurt, play a safe game like chess.

555-04Q2
12th September 2007, 11:37
I don't really get rugby. To me it is just a load of men rolling around in the mud with each other :s

Sometimes there is no mud ;) :p :

555-04Q2
12th September 2007, 11:38
Am I the only rugby fan here? South Africa and Samoa game is very physical at the moment. Nice high tackle from burger :mark:

To quote MJ, " you are not alone, I...." :p :

Bokke vs All Blacks Final. Go Bokke!!!!!!!

Daniel
12th September 2007, 11:43
I agree :up: What happened to the days when rugby was played by real men and officiated by "manne" as we say over here :( I'm not condoning foul play but if people are worried about getting hurt, play a safe game like chess.
Yup. All of the players supposedly got let of "lightly" because of previous good conduct :mark: I came out and said strong words about Vickery when I saw what he did but for gods sake it could very well have just been a reflex reaction. Surely if he's been good in the past then a warning that the next infringement will incur a more significant punishment would suffice. I think every person in this thread dislikes foul play as much as the next person and would hate to see anyone injured through illegal play, but there has to be a distinction between a one off incident which could just be an oversight and a situation where a player is constantly playing like this with complete disregard for the rules and safety of other.

How about Habana though! :D Like my sig? ;)

Flat.tyres
12th September 2007, 11:46

The game has changed from the lumbering grind it used to be into what could be the most brutal professional team contact sport out there.

Players are stronger, faster and impacting like never before. Things like that spear tackle have no place in the professional game and at the time, it was sickening if you watched how the player landed. I agree with the IRB over this.

The trip was cynical and he deserved the ban. I have no problem with cutting that rubbish out of the sport as I support the hard line the IRB will take with players who back chat the ref. This is Rugby, not Football.

Yes, it's a hard game but lets keep it to rugby and get the cynical tackles and professional fouls out of it so we can see Rugby.

CarlMetro
12th September 2007, 12:48
I'm quite happy to see the levels of punishment handed out by the IRB, so long as they stay consistent, something which has been a problem for them in recent years.

I haven't seen the Burger incident but I believe it was for a high tackle? Both that and the spear performed by Emmerick have potential life threatening consequences so the punishment should always be severe.

What I am disappointed with is that the referees deemed them only to be bad enough to issue yellow cards when straight reds should have been issued in both cases.

Daniel
12th September 2007, 12:59
Here's a photo of the Burger tackle. I don't think it was that bad tbh. Hopefully I can find a video of it when I get home. The team said he was going for the ball and I do honestly think he was going for the ball :mark: It wasn't nice but I don't think it was in the same league as the spear tackle.

http://img.skysports.com/07/09/218x298/burger_tackle_568910.jpg

Flat.tyres
12th September 2007, 13:43
Here's a photo of the Burger tackle. I don't think it was that bad tbh. Hopefully I can find a video of it when I get home. The team said he was going for the ball and I do honestly think he was going for the ball :mark: It wasn't nice but I don't think it was in the same league as the spear tackle.

http://img.skysports.com/07/09/218x298/burger_tackle_568910.jpg

Have you ever actually played Rugby :laugh:

Iain
12th September 2007, 13:53
I'd say there's a lot more underhand tactics going on rather than these isolated incidents which get singled out. I've been to a Samoa game and they're a bunch of dirty barstewards. Getting lots of punches and other assaults in during scrums and so on, which don't get noticed by the officials. :mark:

Daniel
12th September 2007, 13:57
Yes but not as much as I'd like to.

I also feel that he was going for the ball. Rugby is a full contact sport. People will always get hurt. If it is thought that the contact was deliberate then of course a ban should be enforced. But the general consensus is that the contact was purely as a result of going for the ball and not malicious as Lima's (nicknamed the chiropractor) tackle on Pretorius.......

I understand now why you come up for so much scrutiny on this. Rather than arguing the point you merely try to make the person feel stupid..........

I merely posted the only picture I could find as Carl stated he'd not seen the tackle. It's common sense in this situation to find a bit of video so that Carl can make up his mind based upon something less prone to bias as one persons opinion is more prone to bias than a video clip......

Flat.tyres
12th September 2007, 14:36
Yes but not as much as I'd like to.

I also feel that he was going for the ball. Rugby is a full contact sport. People will always get hurt. If it is thought that the contact was deliberate then of course a ban should be enforced. But the general consensus is that the contact was purely as a result of going for the ball and not malicious as Lima's (nicknamed the chiropractor) tackle on Pretorius.......

I understand now why you come up for so much scrutiny on this. Rather than arguing the point you merely try to make the person feel stupid..........

I merely posted the only picture I could find as Carl stated he'd not seen the tackle. It's common sense in this situation to find a bit of video so that Carl can make up his mind based upon something less prone to bias as one persons opinion is more prone to bias than a video clip......

Daniel

If you can figure how to extract this then you may be able to post the video. http://www.superrugby.co.za/default.asp?id=228589&des=article&scat=superrugby/springboks

Here is another clip.

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/news/long-ban-for-burger/2007/09/12/1189276763239.html

It was a very tough game. Burger himself took a late tackle but that doesn't excuse him trying to take his head off. It was airbourne and dangerous with no obvious intention to take the ball, unless he mistook his head for it.

The entry point for a mid serious tackle which this was classed as is 6 matches so he should be grateful with 4.

As for me making you look stupid, I do nothing of the such. If you look stupid it's nothing to do with me. ;) :D

Daniel
12th September 2007, 14:51
Daniel

If you can figure how to extract this then you may be able to post the video. http://www.superrugby.co.za/default.asp?id=228589&des=article&scat=superrugby/springboks

Here is another clip.

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/news/long-ban-for-burger/2007/09/12/1189276763239.html

It was a very tough game. Burger himself took a late tackle but that doesn't excuse him trying to take his head off. It was airbourne and dangerous with no obvious intention to take the ball, unless he mistook his head for it.

The entry point for a mid serious tackle which this was classed as is 6 matches so he should be grateful with 4.

As for me making you look stupid, I do nothing of the such. If you look stupid it's nothing to do with me. ;) :D
Perhaps you linked to the wrong pages put neither of those pages seem to have videos on them..........

Taking his head off is your opinion of it but the guy next to me at work who is a dyed in the wool England supporter feels that there was no case to answer at all and he plays Union semi-professionally so not everyone agrees with you even though you pass your opinion off as fact for some strange reason.

Flat.tyres
12th September 2007, 15:12
Perhaps you linked to the wrong pages put neither of those pages seem to have videos on them..........

Taking his head off is your opinion of it but the guy next to me at work who is a dyed in the wool England supporter feels that there was no case to answer at all and he plays Union semi-professionally so not everyone agrees with you even though you pass your opinion off as fact for some strange reason.

On the first one, the video is on the right of the page but will not allow me to view. Dont know why.

The second clip is not a clip but a picture. Slip of the pen you may say.

Taking his head off is a term and also my opinion. I never stated it as fact but the lovely people at the RWC decided that it was illegal and penalised him. That's a fact.

Daniel
12th September 2007, 15:16
Yes but the lovely people at the IRB thought the quaintly named "Chiropractor"/Lima going out of his way to injure Pretorius was good stuff. Just because it's a "fact" doesn't make it right.

Flat.tyres
12th September 2007, 15:27
Yes but the lovely people at the IRB thought the quaintly named "Chiropractor"/Lima going out of his way to injure Pretorius was good stuff. Just because it's a "fact" doesn't make it right.

I'm not saying they are right or wrong in that case, we were discussing Burger.

It looked a bad tackle as he went in airbourne with a swinging arm, tackled the player with his forearm around the head and was nowhere near the ball. After examining all the relevant data, the IRB concluded that it was a mid seriousness tackle which normally would constitute a 6 match ban but let him off with 4. I understand SA are appealing, I wonder at the wisdom of that.

Your friend isn't a hooker or prop is he. They don't ever think anythings wrong ;)

Daniel
12th September 2007, 15:37
I'm not saying they are right or wrong in that case, we were discussing Burger.

It looked a bad tackle as he went in airbourne with a swinging arm, tackled the player with his forearm around the head and was nowhere near the ball. After examining all the relevant data, the IRB concluded that it was a mid seriousness tackle which normally would constitute a 6 match ban but let him off with 4. I understand SA are appealing, I wonder at the wisdom of that.

Your friend isn't a hooker or prop is he. They don't ever think anythings wrong ;)
The point is there should be consistency. As Iain pointed out there hasn't been any. South Africa is perfectly entitled to appeal on the basis that Lima got off with no punishment for what is almost universally agreed as a worse tackle. As Carl said as long as there is consistency then it's all good, but why should some people get away with it and not others? :mark:

Flat.tyres
12th September 2007, 15:50
The point is there should be consistency. As Iain pointed out there hasn't been any. South Africa is perfectly entitled to appeal on the basis that Lima got off with no punishment for what is almost universally agreed as a worse tackle. As Carl said as long as there is consistency then it's all good, but why should some people get away with it and not others? :mark:

There does need to be consistency but I think the fact that Lima damaged himself might have explained why it didn't. Not argueing with you though. It was high and dangerous with no attempt to wrap an arm.

At least his opponent wasn't airbourne.

Daniel
12th September 2007, 15:57
Now we're getting somewhere :) The thing is two players can go up in the air together and stuff can happen. So you could argue that he was going for the ball and I feel that this is what he was doing. But Lima blatantly went for the man and tried to hurt him and got away with it. So if Lima's tackle is legal then Burger's must be legal too? ;) Whether someone is injured or not is irrelevant.

Contacting an airborne player isn't illegal. But tackling them is and anyone can see this wasn't a tackle :)

Flat.tyres
12th September 2007, 16:03
Now we're getting somewhere :) The thing is two players can go up in the air together and stuff can happen. So you could argue that he was going for the ball and I feel that this is what he was doing. But Lima blatantly went for the man and tried to hurt him and got away with it. So if Lima's tackle is legal then Burger's must be legal too? ;) Whether someone is injured or not is irrelevant.

Contacting an airborne player isn't illegal. But tackling them is and anyone can see this wasn't a tackle :)

I don't see any point argueing over the Burger sanction. You might not like it but he did a dangerous tackle on an airbourne player and got done. End of story.

What should happen to Lima is different and you can claim that he should have been cited too but leave the old boy a bit of dignity, he's practically royalty.

Just joking, I agree that it seems inconsistant but you cant say that just because one player got away with a high tackle means they all can.

This is distracting from the Rugby the same way as the FIA shambles is detracting from F1. Shouldn't we celebrate what's good and leave the negitivity a bit?

stevie_gerrard
12th September 2007, 23:42
anyone watch the fiji-japan game? was very exciting, despite the errors, it was really close and entertaining to watch :)

jso1985
12th September 2007, 23:54
watched part of the first half.

thank God I don't understand rugby rules, don't need to get into another not-so-light hearted discussion here :p :

CarlMetro
13th September 2007, 09:26

Oi! As a former prop, I reject that claim :p :

Daniel
13th September 2007, 09:35
Just wanted to mention I couldn't find a video. The one Flat Tyres posted can only be viewed by SA people. Bliddy racism! :p

So lets just agree to disagree.

Flat.tyres
13th September 2007, 09:51
Just wanted to mention I couldn't find a video. The one Flat Tyres posted can only be viewed by SA people. Bliddy racism! :p

So lets just agree to disagree.

Or agree that the IRB have the benefit of the information that we dont :laugh: Just messing with you Danny Boy ;)

555-04Q2
13th September 2007, 12:43

I played in the days where if you were on the wrong side of the ruck, you got your head, back and ar$e trampled until you got out the way and released the ball. Used to go home with huge red welts and stripes down my back but I never complained. Modern day rugby is fast becoming a spin off of the joke that is Diving...I mean Soccer.

555-04Q2
13th September 2007, 12:46
How about Habana though! :D Like my sig? ;)

Yebo Gogo :up: He's the quickest man in Rugby at the moment!!!

Siggy looks good :up: :)

Daniel
13th September 2007, 12:49
Excuse my ignorance but what happened to Paulse? He was always exciting to watch :)

Daniel
13th September 2007, 13:31
Burger's ban has been reduced to 2 games. I'll complain no more :)

555-04Q2
13th September 2007, 16:01
Excuse my ignorance but what happened to Paulse? He was always exciting to watch :)

Too old, too small, can hardly make the Western province side these days. JP Pietersen is an exciting new prospect who is far better than Paulse and he plays for the Natal Sharks :) Watch him this tournament along with Habana ;)

555-04Q2
13th September 2007, 16:04
Burger's ban has been reduced to 2 games. I'll complain no more :)

I'll complain for you then...

Its a load of cr@p when a player going for the ball in the air accidentally collides with another player in the air and is suspended. If he had gone for the man only and taken his legs out from under him I could understand, but that was a 50/50 ball and neither of them had a clean take!!! It's a joke :down:

There, had me rant for the day :)

Daniel
13th September 2007, 16:17
I'll complain for you then...

Its a load of cr@p when a player going for the ball in the air accidentally collides with another player in the air and is suspended. If he had gone for the man only and taken his legs out from under him I could understand, but that was a 50/50 ball and neither of them had a clean take!!! It's a joke :down:

There, had me rant for the day :)
So true. But 4 games is worse than 2 so lets not complain too much. I don't think it was anything more than a penalty or yellow card at worse but you and I agree on that and others don't :)

Pity about Paulse. I always thought his power was in his speed and how small he was. Habana more than makes up for it. Signed up on the BBC site to comment on stories and my nick is MyBloodIsGreen :p Tomorrow night I'll be watching rugby while my English girlfriend who couldn't care less sits on the couch with me trying not to fall asleep. PARADISE! :cheese:

Flat.tyres
14th September 2007, 10:54
Well, todays the day where England will need to stand up and be counted. There is no second chance really, theis is the World Cup and we are in a dog fight.

We need to win this game no matter what.

Daniel
14th September 2007, 10:58
and you won't because we're stronger :D

Although in reality anyone could win ;)

555-04Q2
14th September 2007, 11:34
Well, todays the day where England will need to stand up and be counted. There is no second chance really, theis is the World Cup and we are in a dog fight.

We need to win this game no matter what.

I dont know how to put this nicely but...we are going to hammer England tonight by probably 20 to 30 points. They have lost the plot since winning the 2003 compo and have lost 22 of their last 37 games, a pitiful track record :(

555-04Q2
14th September 2007, 11:36
Tomorrow night I'll be watching rugby while my English girlfriend who couldn't care less sits on the couch with me trying not to fall asleep. PARADISE! :cheese:

I've managed to ditch the wife for the evening to watch the rugby in peace! Looking forward to it :) Got my biltong and beers, now all I need is 21:00 local time and my TV!!!

Daniel
14th September 2007, 11:37
Plus Wilko won't be there. I do hope the game is a whitewash :) Will wipe the smiles off a few faces. Tonight will hopefully be revenge for having to see the Boks lose in Perth in 2003 :)

Daniel
14th September 2007, 11:39
I've managed to ditch the wife for the evening to watch the rugby in peace! Looking forward to it :) Got my biltong and beers, now all I need is 21:00 local time and my TV!!!
I prefer droe wors. But then again I was born in Australia so I'm not a 100% Sarf Efrican :p

Daniel
14th September 2007, 20:47
Man the Boks are playing well. England are having moments but seemingly nothing more :)

Daniel
14th September 2007, 20:49
Stop going for drop goals Percy!

Drew
14th September 2007, 21:07
Not that I know alot about rugby, but it's not looking good for England at all :p :

Daniel
14th September 2007, 21:11
Could be worse but they won't be happy about not being on the scoreboard

Daniel
14th September 2007, 21:30
Robinson injured :( What a pity. That's really crap. Such an exciting player.

Brown, Jon Brow
14th September 2007, 21:31
End of his career?

Daniel
14th September 2007, 21:43
Hope not but it seems so :(

Daniel
14th September 2007, 21:58
Full time and it's 36 nil in the Boks favour. Never really seemed like they got into top gear. The English never seemed to get into gear at all though :mark: Hope Robinson recovers.

stevie_gerrard
16th September 2007, 23:25
Robinson, Wilkinson and Barkley all likely to be fit in time for Samoa next week according to ITV, which is good news for what has been a dire tournament for England.

Watched a bit of Wales vs Australia, thought the Welsh put up a great fight, i look forward to watching their next game, possibly the best team the home nations have, even though i bias myself towards ireland :p :

555-04Q2
17th September 2007, 08:38
A clinical performance from our Bokke, but I am a bit dissapointed that we didnt score more points :( England were hopeless :( and will not make it past the first knockout stages if they play like that.

Flat.tyres
17th September 2007, 10:51
A clinical performance from our Bokke, but I am a bit dissapointed that we didnt score more points :( England were hopeless :( and will not make it past the first knockout stages if they play like that.

I'm afraid you're right. At the moment, it will probably be Tonga and SA going through. England may luck into 3rd but I cant see them beating Samoa. What a trully desperate state of affairs for the champions.

Daniel
17th September 2007, 11:32
I'm afraid you're right. At the moment, it will probably be Tonga and SA going through. England may luck into 3rd but I cant see them beating Samoa. What a trully desperate state of affairs for the champions.
Well you'll have Wilkinson back soon. I think the English will get through but won't go further than the next round.

Flat.tyres
17th September 2007, 11:41
Well you'll have Wilkinson back soon. I think the English will get through but won't go further than the next round.

I don't think one man can instill a vision and passion that is void from just about every England game since 2003.

Forget about this years competition and get the ERFU to start making plans for 4 years. We need to be in a situation where a team is built over the next 2 years with depth and interchangability so that in 3 years we start to be able to play a total rugby game with detirmination and belief and in 4 years, have a side that nobody wants to play.

555-04Q2
17th September 2007, 12:19
I don't think one man can instill a vision and passion that is void from just about every England game since 2003.

Forget about this years competition and get the ERFU to start making plans for 4 years. We need to be in a situation where a team is built over the next 2 years with depth and interchangability so that in 3 years we start to be able to play a total rugby game with detirmination and belief and in 4 years, have a side that nobody wants to play.

As one of our rugby commentators said, England spent 4 years parading their trophy around instead of preparing for France 2007 :p :

Daniel
17th September 2007, 12:23

Thing is they didn't need passion in 2003. Just give the ball to Johnny and he'll score. Regardless of what anyone says Johnny won the world cup in 2003 and if on form this time round could get England through a few games. But the team around him is nowhere near as good as 2003's team so their defence isn't up to it. Just look at how many points they've conceded sofar. Probably more than in the whole 2003 WC.

Camelopard
17th September 2007, 12:56
As one of our rugby commentators said, England spent 4 years parading their trophy around instead of preparing for France 2007 :p :

Sounds a bit like their cricket team and the ashes in 2005................

meow.....................

Camelopard
17th September 2007, 13:09
Thing is they didn't need passion in 2003. Just give the ball to Johnny and he'll score. Regardless of what anyone says Johnny won the world cup in 2003 and if on form this time round could get England through a few games. But the team around him is nowhere near as good as 2003's team so their defence isn't up to it. Just look at how many points they've conceded sofar. Probably more than in the whole 2003 WC.

When it pee'd down rain on the friday prior to the the final in 2003 and saturday was wet, I really though that the English forwards would dominate the game and win. If it had been dry I'm sure that they would have been run off their feet.

I'm still in shock, he may not have been a regular in the WRC lately, however Colin will greatly missed by a lot of people.......... RIP

Flat.tyres
19th September 2007, 14:19
JW didn't win the RWC for England. He was superbly influential and effective but cannot conjure the ball from thin air. The forward attacking platform gave the backs the chance to be creative and kick points. Because it was so effective, teams gave a lot of penalties for JW to kick.

Daniel
19th September 2007, 14:29
JW didn't win the RWC for England. He was superbly influential and effective but cannot conjure the ball from thin air. The forward attacking platform gave the backs the chance to be creative and kick points. Because it was so effective, teams gave a lot of penalties for JW to kick.
You tell yourself that :) But the results since then have shown that he's a huuuuge part of the team. Generally when they've not had him they lose and if they have him they generally do quite well. No other team has one single player who is as big a part of their team as Wilkinson. Knock on will come here and argue with me over this but yourself and him are wrong :cheese:

Flat.tyres
19th September 2007, 14:38
I can't copy posts but in response to your post, the England team fundamentally changed after the RWC. To ignore this is naive. I don't know what the thread starter would argue with you but one man does not a team make. A fly half cannot win ball from a start or restart. It takes the big boys up front.

Daniel
19th September 2007, 14:48
I can't copy posts but in response to your post, the England team fundamentally changed after the RWC. To ignore this is naive. I don't know what the thread starter would argue with you but one man does not a team make. A fly half cannot win ball from a start or restart. It takes the big boys up front.
But if you can pass the ball to a fly half and he can kick it down the field accurately and gain you large amounts of territory then you do the math :)

Flat.tyres
19th September 2007, 15:49
We are in agreement Daniel which has me questioning both my sanity and my argument.

1. The game is started.
2. The forwards secure the ball.
3. They pass to JW who kicks miles up field into touch.
4. The forwards secure the ball.
5. The opposition give a penalty.
6. JW kicks it.
7. Goto 1 again.

Team effort, no?

Daniel
19th September 2007, 15:58
We are in agreement Daniel which has me questioning both my sanity and my argument.

1. The game is started.
2. The forwards secure the ball.
3. They pass to JW who kicks miles up field into touch.
4. The forwards secure the ball.
5. The opposition give a penalty.
6. JW kicks it.
7. Goto 1 again.

Team effort, no?
What I'm saying is that if you can get up to within 5 of the touchline 50 times (an exaggeration) that you're going to get tries and the opposition will concede penalties.

Team effort of course but Wilko was the lynchpin ;)

Flat.tyres
19th September 2007, 16:03
And what I'm saying is that if you cant win / retain ball and get up there, as we saw against SA last week, it doesn't matter a toss who your kicker is because your fragged.

Daniel
22nd September 2007, 14:34
Hope Dani Roussow is ok. I did wonder if the Boks were letting Tonga off easy to make it harder for the English to get through but now I don't know. Boks are really putting the gas on.

Daniel
22nd September 2007, 14:58
This ref's bloody useless. Yellow card's Habana for no real reason, lets an offside tongan player interfere with play which then became a try, lets tonga bring down the maul with just a penalty. I like good refereeing but this was very much ott :mark:

Flat.tyres
24th September 2007, 09:46
This ref's bloody useless. Yellow card's Habana for no real reason, lets an offside tongan player interfere with play which then became a try, lets tonga bring down the maul with just a penalty. I like good refereeing but this was very much ott :mark:

I think it depends on who the decision goes against as to whether it was legitimate :p : Take the Samoan try against England. Was there downward pressure and control? Nobody in my pub thought there was but the TMO said there was. ;)

Daniel
24th September 2007, 10:03
Didn't see the England game. I agree though :p If a ref punishes the Boks it's not on!!!! :angryfire Just joking :) One of the aussies was lucky to get away with his try as he dropped the ball and didn't have any downward pressure :mark: I know it would irritate a lot of people but I'd like the video ref to be able to make decisions himself and second guess the on-field ref.

AndyRAC
24th September 2007, 11:27
Anybody see the Scotland v All Blacks game, What was going on with the kits??Unbelievable, when are the IRB going to do something about colour clashes. They both had dark shorts and socks, so when there is a ruck or maul it's hard to make out who is who. Changing shirts isn't enough, shorts and socks please. IRB sort it out,... and on Friday France vs Ireland- in football Ireland play in white against France/Italy, so why not in Rugby??

Flat.tyres
24th September 2007, 11:52
Anybody see the Scotland v All Blacks game, What was going on with the kits??Unbelievable, when are the IRB going to do something about colour clashes. They both had dark shorts and socks, so when there is a ruck or maul it's hard to make out who is who. Changing shirts isn't enough, shorts and socks please. IRB sort it out,... and on Friday France vs Ireland- in football Ireland play in white against France/Italy, so why not in Rugby??

Utter madness I agree.

Gave up after about 30 mins

Daniel
24th September 2007, 12:39
Utter madness I agree.

Gave up after about 30 mins
Radio 2 said it best. The Kiwi's were the ones in the silver tops scoring and the Scots were the ones in the silver tops not scoring. I think it would have been less confusing if they All Blacks had played in their normal colours :crazy:

Daniel
25th September 2007, 12:06
Steyn appears to have been cited for biting :mark: I do wonder what happened with Vaka to make that happen :crazy:

Flat.tyres
25th September 2007, 17:14
Radio 2 said it best. The Kiwi's were the ones in the silver tops scoring and the Scots were the ones in the silver tops not scoring. I think it would have been less confusing if they All Blacks had played in their normal colours :crazy:

Canada Vs Japan now and the kits are Red and Blue/black Vs Red and Blue/black.

Very confusing again.

Can't be bothered to try and watch it now which is a pity :(

AndyRAC
25th September 2007, 22:07
Canada Vs Japan now and the kits are Red and Blue/black Vs Red and Blue/black.

Very confusing again.

Can't be bothered to try and watch it now which is a pity :(

It really is unbelievable that this should happen after the debacle on Sunday. What planet are the IRB on, and the officials and referee. A colour clash isn't just the shirt, it's also the shorts and socks, particularly in Union regarding rucks and mauls, it would be so easy to give a penalty to the wrong team. C'mon IRB wake up, 1 team in dark kit, the other in white/light. It just looks amateurish.

Flat.tyres
25th September 2007, 23:16
It really is unbelievable that this should happen after the debacle on Sunday. What planet are the IRB on, and the officials and referee. A colour clash isn't just the shirt, it's also the shorts and socks, particularly in Union regarding rucks and mauls, it would be so easy to give a penalty to the wrong team. C'mon IRB wake up, 1 team in dark kit, the other in white/light. It just looks amateurish.

Managed to avoid a migraine. What the hell happened. canada were the worst team but won fairly even though it was a draw? It was a joke. :(

jso1985
26th September 2007, 00:05
honestly is it agaisnt Rubgy traditions to change the shirt colour? :s

is almost impossible to follow the match

26th September 2007, 06:28

And Me

stevie_gerrard
27th September 2007, 20:24
Canada vs Japan, most tense game all world cup, i was off my chair 10 times in the last 3 mins!

England vs Tonga tmrw night, really hoping that England scrape through, cause i can see England vs Australia being a good game :up:

mclarenmad
2nd October 2007, 11:17
Went out to paris saturday to watch England. Great support. Bring on the aussies lol. Think its s.a cup tho. Yes union is bigger than league

stevie_gerrard
2nd October 2007, 17:36
So we have our quarter finals for this years competition, and i get the feeling Argentina could quite fancy their chances this time around. They were immense on Sunday night against the Irish, and i cant see the Scottish causing them too many problems.

However really looking forward to England vs Australia, should be a great game :) :up:

SOD
2nd October 2007, 18:09
Argentina are really good. They have rock solid forwards, lightening fast backs and they're impossible to breakdown. They could reach the final.

France look like a team that could win the competition, The game against NZ will be compulsive viewing.

better to be still in the competition than out of it ;)

Daniel
4th October 2007, 09:41
This is a very interesting stage of the competition. There are 3 games where anything can happen. Other than SA v Fiji it's pretty open and anything could happen in the other games. I would like France to beat NZ and go to the final though :) I think SA will have any easy route to the final as they're far better than Fiji and it would be a big upset even for Argentina to beat them.

555-04Q2
5th October 2007, 15:51
Fiji Curry for dinner this weekend...followed by an Argentinian Salad next week...with a final pit stop against the mighty All Blacks (and I dont want to make any prdictions for that game) who are a slightly better team than us.

SOD
5th October 2007, 17:10
This is a very interesting stage of the competition. There are 3 games where anything can happen. Other than SA v Fiji it's pretty open and anything could happen in the other games. I would like France to beat NZ and go to the final though :) I think SA will have any easy route to the final as they're far better than Fiji and it would be a big upset even for Argentina to beat them.

There hasn't been any easy games for any team in the world cup so far.

This is the weekend I've waited for 4 years for. The Top 8 rugby teams in the world battling it out.

Daniel
5th October 2007, 18:45
There hasn't been any easy games for any team in the world cup so far.

This is the weekend I've waited for 4 years for. The Top 8 rugby teams in the world battling it out.
Like I said SA have the "easiest route" ;)

Drew
6th October 2007, 15:34
I almost got the fright of my life. On BBC news website it said on the link "England 129 - Australia 10"

Unfortunetly not quite right :p :

tin-top fan
6th October 2007, 16:36
Come on England :-D It feels so good to have beaten the aussies again!

Mintexmemory
6th October 2007, 18:31
:d :d :d :d :d :d

Ian McC
6th October 2007, 19:36
That was a fine performance today, well done England!

Daniel
6th October 2007, 20:00
I thought it was fairly unconvincing tbh :)

tinchote
6th October 2007, 20:06
I thought it was fairly unconvincing tbh :)

I would think that you are not in the most objective situation to talk about this match, are you? ;) :D

Daniel
6th October 2007, 20:07
I would think that you are not in the most objective situation to talk about this match, are you? ;) :D
I don't support Australia or England ;)

tinchote
6th October 2007, 20:37
I don't support Australia or England ;)

I can imagine. Maybe you are the most rabid Argentinean fan? ;) :p :

stevie_gerrard
6th October 2007, 20:59
It doesnt matter how poor you thought the performance was. In my opinion its the best rugby ive seen england play for a good few years now. Not only were they resolute in defence, they were brilliant in attack. They may not have taken their chances, and thats something england will need to do next week if they are gonna have any chance of making the final, but they were brilliant in all other departments, and thank god for jonny wilkinson :p :

Very likely it will be New Zealand England will face, 13-3 up at half time. France have barely crossed the NZ 22.....

Daniel
6th October 2007, 21:02
It doesnt matter how poor you thought the performance was. In my opinion its the best rugby ive seen england play for a good few years now. Not only were they resolute in defence, they were brilliant in attack. They may not have taken their chances, and thats something england will need to do next week if they are gonna have any chance of making the final, but they were brilliant in all other departments, and thank god for jonny wilkinson :p :

Very likely it will be New Zealand England will face, 13-3 up at half time. France have barely crossed the NZ 22.....
Yes but I saw good Rugby from the US in an early game ;) Doesn't mean they could stand up and take the cup ;)

Daniel
6th October 2007, 21:47
I hope the French take this. They've played so well. Plus they'll be easier for the Boks to beat in the Final :p

Daniel
6th October 2007, 21:51
What play by the French! 2 minutes to go and they're 2 points up.

Daniel
6th October 2007, 21:54
20 seconds to go and the French have it.

Daniel
6th October 2007, 21:56
And that's it. 4 more years for the world's best chokers.

SOD
6th October 2007, 21:58
bloody 'ell

allez les bleus.

Not a great day for the southern hemi :eek:

Daniel
6th October 2007, 22:00
bloody 'ell

allez les bleus.

Not a great day for the southern hemi :eek:
Tomorrow should be a better day for the Southern Hemisphere ;) I predict Argentina to win and the Boks as well.

SOD
6th October 2007, 22:19
Scotland could be a tricky side to beat.

Daniel
6th October 2007, 22:29
Certainly. Two upsets today so it's possible it could be the same tomorrow :mark:

Camelopard
6th October 2007, 23:57
Whilst I'm dissapointed that the wallabies lost I'm not surprised. It seems to me that they thought that all they had to do to win was turn up. Mind you I find it quite ironic that jonny scored all their points!

I'm very happy that the French won, as I've said before, I mightn't like their rally cars but they play rugby how it is meant to be played, Allez Les Blues.......

The kiwi supportes as usual are blaming the 'ref' for their teams loss. So some things don't change!

A France v Argentina final would be good!

SOD
7th October 2007, 02:38
I still think that the Kiwis are class. They had nearly 70% of the possession and their 2nd try was just shows how dangerous they are in tight games. This is championship rugby and les bleus always manage to score the points. The missed conversion by the Kiwis was the difference in the end.

When France played against Ireland, I thought that France looked like a team that could win the world cup.

Daniel
7th October 2007, 14:28
Fijians are doing well. But I think the last 40 will be all green :)

Daniel
7th October 2007, 15:29
i should shut up :p

SOD
7th October 2007, 15:42
^ yup :p :

Daniel
7th October 2007, 15:45
You have no idea how nervous I am SOD :mark: It's 10 points now so that should be enough but who knows!

Daniel
7th October 2007, 16:00
Phew! It's over. Now lets see who they're up against next week. Good play by Fiji. I'm almost sad to see them lose.

SOD
7th October 2007, 16:13
Fiji played very well against Wales.

One thing about this world cup, there aint no easy games left in the RWC. I sure learned that lesson a few weeks ago.

SOD
7th October 2007, 16:18
Phew! It's over. Now lets see who they're up against next week. Good play by Fiji. I'm almost sad to see them lose.

I can understand why you're tense & nervous.

AndyRAC
7th October 2007, 19:53
I f there's any justice the IRB will wake up and give Fiji and the rest more money to develop the undoubted talent they have. And as for Argentina, surely the time has come to go in either 6/Tri Nations. Rugby deserves more competition if it wishes to be a truly world game, which is what we want.

tinchote
7th October 2007, 21:53
I f there's any justice the IRB will wake up and give Fiji and the rest more money to develop the undoubted talent they have. And as for Argentina, surely the time has come to go in either 6/Tri Nations. Rugby deserves more competition if it wishes to be a truly world game, which is what we want.

Indeed. Regarding Argentina, it will be hard for the organizers of 6/Tri Nations to explain why a team that - as of today - finished ahead of at least 2 out of 3 (Tri Nations) and 4 out of 6 (6 Nations, having defeated 3 of those teams) is not included in either cup.

SOD
7th October 2007, 22:09
The 6 Nations needs to be bolstered with good teams. Aprt from the two wins by France & England, the RWC has not been a good world cup for the home nations.

tinchote
7th October 2007, 23:14
I just noticed, and I find it interesting: the four semifinalist teams come from just two pools (A and D). This means that there is a 50% chance that the final will be a re-match.

SOD
8th October 2007, 00:15
If the final is a rematch, I don't think the pool results will be repeated.

Jaws
8th October 2007, 02:31
Just thought I'd pop in to congratulate English Rugby fans on their gutsy win :up:

Congrats and best of luck for the Finals :up:

Rollo
8th October 2007, 02:42
Whilst I'm dissapointed that the wallabies lost I'm not surprised. It seems to me that they thought that all they had to do to win was turn up. Mind you I find it quite ironic that jonny scored all their points!

I don't in the slightest.

Australians are bitter about the 2003 World Cup final and probably about this 12-10 loss to England (at least the newspaper were quite scathing) but they've either forgotten or been ignorant of the fact that in order to force a penalty or conceed one in the first place requires a lot more than one person.

The English forward pack pummelled the Australians into mistakes and within striking distance. The thing about Rubgy as opposed to Rugby League is that you can develop different sets of tactics because there is more than one principle method of scoring. It's akin to the NFL in that respect.
Australian crowds are largely used to seeing Rugby League which produces a different set of tactics, and then complain when something else is used.

The two codes are DIFFERENT.

Camelopard
8th October 2007, 02:54
Australian crowds are largely used to seeing Rugby League which produces a different set of tactics, and then complain when something else is used.

The two codes are DIFFERENT.

Ummm, can you tell me where I mentioned anything about rugby league?

Rollo
8th October 2007, 03:19
In the part where you mentioned Catamarans, the Irish Potato Famine of 1845, the benefits of using 2 Pack Enamel as opposed to Acrylic and the specific constitutional dilemmae of the Telecommunications Act (Cwlth 1997). It was truly a brilliant post and had me thinking for some time. In fact I had to go and consult a full High Court Bench over a a glass of Indian Tonic Water and Tanquaray. :D

Should I tabulate non-specific comments with some sort of tag in the future?

Camelopard
8th October 2007, 03:34
In the part where you mentioned Catamarans, the Irish Potato Famine of 1845, the benefits of using 2 Pack Enamel as opposed to Acrylic and the specific constitutional dilemmae of the Telecommunications Act (Cwlth 1997). It was truly a brilliant post and had me thinking for some time. In fact I had to go and consult a full High Court Bench over a a glass of Indian Tonic Water and Tanquaray. :D

Should I tabulate non-specific comments with some sort of tag in the future?

Well generally when you quote from someones post one would assume that you are replying to that particular post and not making generalised comments.

oily oaf
8th October 2007, 07:42
Just thought I'd pop in to congratulate English Rugby fans on their gutsy win :up:

Congrats and best of luck for the Finals :up:

Thanks son :)
Now get on with your homework :mad:

555-04Q2
8th October 2007, 12:19
What a weekend at the RWC : up: :s hock:

Good to see so many upsets this RWC. Shows that the stronger nations are losing dominance over the smaller nations. Bring on RWC 2011 :)

Flat.tyres
8th October 2007, 12:36
Indeed. Regarding Argentina, it will be hard for the organizers of 6/Tri Nations to explain why a team that - as of today - finished ahead of at least 2 out of 3 (Tri Nations) and 4 out of 6 (6 Nations, having defeated 3 of those teams) is not included in either cup.

I really feel that Argentina need to become part of the Tri Nations. It's not fair that they are not as they have proved they are good enough for the last few years.

It would be more of an issue with the 6 nations. We would love them here but geographically, it's very different whereas the Tri has always been a Geographically seperated competition.

Well done to England. A great, gutsy victory well deserved. Perhaps they are finding their form at last. With the talent, it just took a lot of time to gell.

You have to feel a bit sorry for the Kiwi's. By the time they had lost, the Aussies had booked all thge cheap plane tickets back to the Southern Hemisphere :D

Daniel
8th October 2007, 12:47
You have to feel a bit sorry for the Kiwi's. By the time they had lost, the Aussies had booked all thge cheap plane tickets back to the Southern Hemisphere :D

*snigger* :laugh: I bet there are a lot of disappointed Kiwi's in France with tickets for the final ;)

I still don't think the English performance was that confidence inspiring. Not like the French one. I am hoping though the Boks have played their one bad game and from now on they stay in top gear :)

SOD
8th October 2007, 12:48
Most of the Argentinians play in France, the 6 Nations would be a more logical competition for them to join.

They could make a few divisions of international competition with the ^nations and have promotion/relegation between the divisions.

Flat.tyres
8th October 2007, 13:58
Most of the Argentinians play in France, the 6 Nations would be a more logical competition for them to join.

They could make a few divisions of international competition with the ^nations and have promotion/relegation between the divisions.

It is a bit fragmented at the moment.

You have Canada, USA and the Pumas, Aus, NZ and SA and the 6.5 nations (a couple of others are starting to emerge as possible contenders)

We have seen the leaps that Italy have made since joining an annual competition and I feel that Argintina deserve the same. Problem is that anyone in Europe can go to a 6 nations game whereas who from the home nations would go to Argentina for a weekend?

I had a look on BA for Feb and you would have to leave Thursday to arrive Friday come back Sunday to arrive Monday and spend about 30 hours in the Air and pay a £1000. All that for 2 days in Argentina and the same for fans coming over here.

Daniel
8th October 2007, 14:12
It is a bit fragmented at the moment.

You have Canada, USA and the Pumas, Aus, NZ and SA and the 6.5 nations (a couple of others are starting to emerge as possible contenders)

We have seen the leaps that Italy have made since joining an annual competition and I feel that Argintina deserve the same. Problem is that anyone in Europe can go to a 6 nations game whereas who from the home nations would go to Argentina for a weekend?

I had a look on BA for Feb and you would have to leave Thursday to arrive Friday come back Sunday to arrive Monday and spend about 30 hours in the Air and pay a £1000. All that for 2 days in Argentina and the same for fans coming over here.
I find the best thing to do with that sort of situation is to play a holiday around it. I flew all the way from Australia to London and then to Helsinki for the 3 days of the rally but made a point of spending an extra couple of days there and a week in the UK as well. Made it much more worthwhile than spending £1000 just to get to an event.

SOD
8th October 2007, 15:50
I saw the argument where Argentina could play the games in Spain.

The other solution is to hold a Rugby World Cup every 2 years.

rah
8th October 2007, 16:10

They played ok. Was a bit of a scrappy match, one of the most frustrating I have seen. I really think Aus played like the tired old side it is. Will be good if they clear out some dead wood. Especially Gregan. Might be nice if they could form a scrum too.

England should learn how to score tries.

Daniel
8th October 2007, 16:12
I saw the argument where Argentina could play the games in Spain.

The other solution is to hold a Rugby World Cup every 2 years.
I think it certainly would be good to have it more often. It seems like a lot of time since then and with a sport that isn't played as widely as football it does seem like Rugby disappears into a black hole in regards to large tournaments. Sure you've got the 6 nations and tri-nations but at the end of the day there is no Euro 2000 that can get people's attention.

Daniel
8th October 2007, 16:16
They played ok. Was a bit of a scrappy match, one of the most frustrating I have seen. I really think Aus played like the tired old side it is. Will be good if they clear out some dead wood. Especially Gregan. Might be nice if they could form a scrum too.

England should learn how to score tries.
Yes it's a long time since Australia have been a team to be feared. I get laughed at when I say that Wilkinson is the English team but you have to agree that the rest of the team was lacklustre and other than defending they didn't do that much really. Just got penalties for Wilkinson to kick.

SOD
8th October 2007, 16:17
I think it certainly would be good to have it more often. It seems like a lot of time since then and with a sport that isn't played as widely as football it does seem like Rugby disappears into a black hole in regards to large tournaments. Sure you've got the 6 nations and tri-nations but at the end of the day there is no Euro 2000 that can get people's attention.

There's also the summer tours and the autumn tours, but getting to play SA, Aussies & the Kiwis in a winner takes all situation only happens once evey 4 years. Having that every two years is better for everyone.

tinchote
8th October 2007, 17:26

I understand that argument, but I don't think it's that straightforward. Question: how many people travel from UK to Italy for 6 nations matches? At what cost? I don't think the difference is that much with a trip to Argentina, unless you consider driving (and that case at least the time invested will be the same); and then Argentina is way cheaper than Italy when you are there.

In any case, you have tv these days, so it's not that half the stadium will be filled with fans from the other team. If you consider the distances between the tri-nations teams, the "fans have to travel" argument weakens a little.

I think there are arguments that could be used to favour Argentina in each of the tournaments. It is in the Southern hemisphere, so in this aspect the Tri is more reasonable (and with the different seasons, it might even not interfere with the European season where many players play). On the other hand, as was said, many Argentinean players play in France these days, so they are already there. And regarding the fans, it is cheaper to go from Argentina to Eruope than it is to go to Australia/NZ.

Flat.tyres
8th October 2007, 17:45
You get a few thousand fans that travel to Italy for the games. It can bee a long weekend break leaving on Friday, coming back on Monday and only cost a couple of hundred quid each for flights.

I do take your point though about TV. That's where I follow Rugby :D

Someone suggested holding Argentinian matches in somewhere like Spain. This would be a superb idea as not only would it allow the Pumas to participate but would generate even more exposure in Spain and Portugal.

As for a RWC every 2 years, I cannot see it working. You have qualifying, structure, tours and domestic comps to get around before you kick a ball. 4 years is fine.

Daniel
8th October 2007, 17:58
You get a few thousand fans that travel to Italy for the games. It can bee a long weekend break leaving on Friday, coming back on Monday and only cost a couple of hundred quid each for flights.

I do take your point though about TV. That's where I follow Rugby :D

Someone suggested holding Argentinian matches in somewhere like Spain. This would be a superb idea as not only would it allow the Pumas to participate but would generate even more exposure in Spain and Portugal.

As for a RWC every 2 years, I cannot see it working. You have qualifying, structure, tours and domestic comps to get around before you kick a ball. 4 years is fine.
True. Hadn't thought about qualifying and so on. Perhaps 3 years would be better? I think if Argentina were to play some games in Spain on "home" turf at least some of the matches should be played in Argentina. Say 50% of their home games.

tinchote
8th October 2007, 18:31
I don't think it would be a big issue for Argentina to play host at Spain. Also, with the level of professionalism in Rugby these days, I don't think travelling should be much of an issue. It may change things a little for the fans, though, and I'm ignorant regarding this: what would be the number of fans travelling to all the games of their team?

tinchote
8th October 2007, 18:34
Just as I finished the previous post, I read in the Argentinean news that the IRB president said that Argentina is close to being admitted to the Tri-Nation.

Flat.tyres
9th October 2007, 08:42
Just as I finished the previous post, I read in the Argentinean news that the IRB president said that Argentina is close to being admitted to the Tri-Nation.

I think that would be a much better fit.

The six nations is in danger of getting overcrowded and the geographical spread of the Tri is more suitable.

There could almost be a case to rename it the Southern tournament with the 6 becoming the Nothern with a play off against the respective winners for the Nations Trophy. That would be worth making a holiday around.

9th October 2007, 11:38
The prima donnas are due back in NZ Wed - with their tutus in tatters. According to the media the All Black's exit from the world up has plunged the whole country into mourning (rubbish!), domestic violence will increase (probably true), the economy will slump (?) and apparently the ref has received death threats. The post mortem will go on and on. The so called "culture" that surrounds the All Blacks does nothing to encourage a non fan like myself from ever watching a game.

9th October 2007, 11:42
oops - should be world "cup". and "to" ever watch a game

CarlMetro
9th October 2007, 19:40
I understand that the All Blacks are thinking of starting a lingerie line. They've already designed a bra in their name, lots of support but no cups :p :

555-04Q2
10th October 2007, 12:19
I understand that the All Blacks are thinking of starting a lingerie line. They've already designed a bra in their name, lots of support but no cups :p :

Yeah, we choke in cricket, they choke in rugby :(

Daniel
10th October 2007, 12:44
How does a Bra have support without having cups? :p I don't geddit :p

Flat.tyres
10th October 2007, 13:23
How does a Bra have support without having cups? :p I don't geddit :p

http://www.coco-de-mer-shop.co.uk/images/prod_thu_6010.jpg

Well, you did ask. :devil:

Daniel
10th October 2007, 14:01
I stand corrected :cheese:

tinchote
10th October 2007, 17:06
So much for the level of this thread :rolleyes:

;) :D

FrankenSchwinn
11th October 2007, 22:23
I stand corrected :cheese:

you have so much to learn, oh young one!

stevie_gerrard
12th October 2007, 14:48
France vs England

South Africa vs Argentina

Good look to all 4 sides, i think they will all be needing the luck they can get, it wont be easy for anyone to get to the final, should be a thrilling weekend of rugby :up: :D

oily oaf
13th October 2007, 07:12
France vs England

South Africa vs Argentina

Good look to all 4 sides, i think they will all be needing the luck they can get, it wont be easy for anyone to get to the final, should be a thrilling weekend of rugby :up: :D

Yeah too right Stevie Gee.
Good luck to all 4 sides ............except France and Seth Efrica mate :D

"The game's afoot
On on you noblest English
We'll shore up the walls with our English dead
Cry Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war
Cry God For Harry! England and St George"

Or somefink like that anyways ;)

pino
13th October 2007, 13:02
Yeah too right Stevie Gee.
Good luck to all 4 sides ............except France...

Same here :up:

Daniel
13th October 2007, 18:45
Go France :D

Daniel
13th October 2007, 20:35
France in front at the moment :) Looks like Cheval is on now.

Daniel
13th October 2007, 20:42
0 from 3 for Wilko. Cheval is a beast. Own team mate almost gores his eye out ane he's still in the game :cheese:

Daniel
13th October 2007, 21:53
England with a good win there but of course it was Wilko that made the difference. If SA/Argentina want to win they need to keep the ball in England's half and not give away penalties. Simple as that really.

Brown, Jon Brow
13th October 2007, 21:54
Unbelievable :eek:

oily oaf
13th October 2007, 22:01
Unbelievable :eek:

Hey Brownie. England eh?
Heroes on the battle field. Heroes on the rugby pitch.
PROUD TO BE ENGLISH!
Be afraid you colonial mugs
be VERY afraid :D

Brown, Jon Brow
13th October 2007, 22:03
Unbelievable :s hock:

KILOHMUNNS
13th October 2007, 22:03
Get in there!!!!!!!!!

I firmly believe that Argentina will do over South Africa.
:D

Curryhead
13th October 2007, 22:04
wiping tears from my eyes !

Will L
13th October 2007, 22:13
Oh Yes Get In There Come On England!!

Ian McC
13th October 2007, 22:16
Oh my!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Made all the more special by the fact that a month ago you wouldn't of give them a chance.

Now that is what I call a team performance

Bloody marvellous!

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 00:17
Oh my!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Made all the more special by the fact that a month ago you wouldn't of give them a chance.

Now that is what I call a team performance

Bloody marvellous!

Praise indeed coming from a noble Scot.
Much appreciated mate.
Great result for the Caledonian hordes in the "fitba" by the way ;)

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 00:20
Get in there!!!!!!!!!

I firmly believe that Argentina will do over South Africa.

Almost unbelievably Mr K I hope you're right :D
Mind you I 'd rather the bloody Taliban won it than those arrogant racist toe rags.

(clears throat and launches into well known "Spitting Image" tune "Oh I never met a nice Seth Efrican And That's Not Bloody Surprising Mon............................etc"
God Bless and Good Night
xx

Daniel
14th October 2007, 00:31
Erm may i ask who are the arrogant racist toe rags?

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 08:03
Erm may i ask who are the arrogant racist toe rags?

Why of course you may young Daniel :)
After all I would have thought that the chances of you being thrown into a dank and murky prison cell for merely posing the odd awkward question which flies in the face of the percieved wisdom are so slight as to be almost risible ;)

(drains pint mug of water to wash down entire bottle of headache pills, winds up gramaphone and starts to dance)

"Are you so blind that you cannot see
Are you so dumb that you cannot speak
Are you so deaf that you cannot hear mah plea
FREEEEEEEEEEE NEL-SON MAN-DEL-A"

Ah you can't beat a spot of the old Specials on a Sunday morn canya? :D

Ian McC
14th October 2007, 08:10
Praise indeed coming from a noble Scot.
Much appreciated mate.
Great result for the Caledonian hordes in the "fitba" by the way ;)

:mad:

Don't let the 'McC' fool you mate I am very much English!

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 08:33
:mad:

Don't let the 'McC' fool you mate I am very much English!

Apologies Ian :D
I should have guessed that a true Scotsman would NEVER big up an English triumph ;)

Ian McC
14th October 2007, 08:49
Apologies Ian :D
I should have guessed that a true Scotsman would NEVER big up an English triumph ;)

:laugh:

That's a good point! :D

Daniel
14th October 2007, 11:02
Why of course you may young Daniel :)
After all I would have thought that the chances of you being thrown into a dank and murky prison cell for merely posing the odd awkward question which flies in the face of the percieved wisdom are so slight as to be almost risible ;)

(drains pint mug of water to wash down entire bottle of headache pills, winds up gramaphone and starts to dance)

"Are you so blind that you cannot see
Are you so dumb that you cannot speak
Are you so deaf that you cannot hear mah plea
FREEEEEEEEEEE NEL-SON MAN-DEL-A"

Ah you can't beat a spot of the old Specials on a Sunday morn canya? :D
Oily the only racist person on this thread is you :)

Mark
14th October 2007, 12:10
A racist joke is still racist and that will not be tolerated on this forum.

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 12:28
Oily the only racist person on this thread is you :)

Ah no you see you're wrong there mate. I'm merely Seth Efricanist.
If I were racist I would intensly dislike or denegrate an entire species of fat blokes with long beards and funny wide brimmed hats up to and including the entire line up of ZZ Top (except the one without the beard) :)

There is a subtle difference you see.

Been alerting the site admin have we :rolleyes: :s mokin:

Curryhead
14th October 2007, 12:35
including the entire line up of ZZ Top (except the one without the beard) :)

useless info time, the ZZ Top guy without the beard's surname is Beard, full of cr*p like that me :D

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 12:49
useless info time, the ZZ Top guy without the beard's surname is Beard, full of cr*p like that me :D

BEARDIST! :mad:

Curryhead
14th October 2007, 13:01
BEARDIST! :mad:

Beardist? Me? I'll have you know I sport a Goatee and have for several years, you sir are a cad and a southern upstart, be gone you vile summat or other.......

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 13:06
Beardist? Me? I'll have you know I sport a Goatee and have for several years, you sir are a cad and a southern upstart, be gone you vile summat or other.......

I sported a goatee once>
Sadly I was arrested in the field and given 6 months for indecent behaviour with 9 months suspended for having a small penis :(

Curryhead
14th October 2007, 13:10
I sported a goatee once>

so you saying it ain't fashionable to sport a goatee now then? I think it best I go lay down again, before my blood boils :D

stevie_gerrard
14th October 2007, 14:10
Fantastic England performance. Very impressed with their tactics, the early try was crucial, and depsite jonny being very poor all night, he pulled it out the bag right at the end when it counted :D

Heres hoping for the Argies in the final, but no matter who it is, Englands "!bulldog spirit" as Ashton called it will be ready for anyone, cheers! :beer:

P.S i have bet on england to beat France and australia and both have paid off, with a grand total made of £55. Do you reckon my betting run is helping England win this world cup? ;) :p :

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 16:33
Do my rheumy eyes decieve me or has there been a little cosmetic surgery performed on this noble thread since my last visit? :rotflmao:

oily oaf
14th October 2007, 19:09
I say chaps (and Curryhead :mad: ) it's only an hour or two before those perrenial jolly good chaps from southern africa take on the absolutely charming and ever erudite gents from Argentina.
Let's hope that it's an absolutely spiffing affair and that the best behaved chaps emerge with the victory laurel, what what?
Jolly good luck to both nations and lets hope that noone gets poked in the eye or kneed in the unmentionables. Especially those rather excellent Boer fellows.
I mean to say they don't deserve it do they.
Ah bless :kiss:

Curryhead
14th October 2007, 19:54
oh dear, am I in the doghouse Oily?

and yes, heres to a spiffing game of rugger, Go Argentina :)

Daniel
14th October 2007, 21:13
Boks are still in front but nothing's sure in this world cup. If the boks get through the next game will be easier than this one. Good stuff from Argentina :)

Daniel
14th October 2007, 21:31
I wish Will Greenwood would shut his biased trap up :mark: I'd rather listen to the Australian commentators.

SOD
15th October 2007, 01:15
I wish Will Greenwood would shut his biased trap up :mark: I'd rather listen to the Australian commentators.

welcome to the world of English commentary :laugh:

well done South Africa, that was a great display of Rugby, you made Argentina make the mistakes that Argentina made Ireland make.

I don't think that the final will be one sided.

Daniel
15th October 2007, 01:17
welcome to the world of English commentary :laugh:

well done South Africa, that was a great display of Rugby, you made Argentina make the mistakes that Argentina made Ireland make.

I don't think that the final will be one sided.
While we're on the topic of the South Africa v Argentina game did I mention that England are in the final enough times and go on about it ad nauseum and forget to commentate on the game that was actually taking place? :D

oily oaf
15th October 2007, 06:48
(tips bowler hat at jaunty angle.

Holy Pass Laws Bat Rugger Fans!

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah
What a splendid effort from our good friends last night.
I must confess I thought the game might be a bit of a boer but far from it :)
The only 2 questions that remain are

a) Does Bryan Habana take the orange slices round at half time on a small silver tray?

and

b) Is Percy Montgomery a post op brazilian transexual ladyboy.?

I think we should be told :mad:

Drew
15th October 2007, 11:53
I was forced out to a bar last night, so missed it. However, they'd put the rugby on and even better they'd put the subtitles on. However, the subtitles covered the score so I had absolutely no idea what the score was most of the night.

Daniel
15th October 2007, 12:19
(tips bowler hat at jaunty angle.

Holy Pass Laws Bat Rugger Fans!

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah
What a splendid effort from our good friends last night.
I must confess I thought the game might be a bit of a boer but far from it :)
The only 2 questions that remain are

a) Does Bryan Habana take the orange slices round at half time on a small silver tray?

and

b) Is Percy Montgomery a post op brazilian transexual ladyboy.?

I think we should be told :mad:
I want to know what Bryan Habana takes in his orange slices!!!!! :)

If England give him the chance to run onto ball they might as well stick a fork in themselves now :p But it's a final and anything can happen.

oily oaf
15th October 2007, 16:00
I was forced out to a bar last night, so missed it. However, they'd put the rugby on and even better they'd put the subtitles on. However, the subtitles covered the score so I had absolutely no idea what the score was most of the night.

If you find yourself in a similarly infuriating predicament next week Drew simply lay on the floor at an obtuse angle of around 130 degrees to the screen and peep behind the offending subtitles where the correct scoreline will be waiting.
I hope this helps :mad:

PS You claim to have been "forced out to a bar"
Call yerself a Bokker?!
I detect some South London blood in those veins matey.

Knock-on
17th October 2007, 17:22
Well, here we are, the final push. Hope without hope, spirit where none was foretold and fire through the icy wilderness of the last 4 years.

Be afraid South Africa, be very afraid. When a Englishman is roused, no fiercer, more determined, canny or resolute beast will you encounter. Gone is the meek, polite, stiff upper lip limey to be replaced by a dour, focused stubborn and ruthless foe.

I give you, THE KING

What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Bring it on.

Daniel
17th October 2007, 18:00
Yes Knock On :) Whatever you say. I give you 15 kings. The Boks.

stevie_gerrard
18th October 2007, 18:46
England vs South Africa

Rugby World Cup Final

15 men a side

All to play for

On our Left, Habana, Montgomery, Fourie, Burger, Du Preez and possibly one of the best teams in the world.

On Our Right, Wilkinson, Robinson, Vickery, Sheridan, Cueto and possibly one of the biggest fairytale stories seen in any sporting competition

Will england finish off the cake with a cherry?

Will South africa prove their dominance in World rugby?

Will England ever catch Bryan Habana? :p :

Will South Africa ever keep Jonnys boot from glory?

Defence vs Attack

Let Battle Commence........ :D :beer:

donKey jote
19th October 2007, 21:26
allez les tinchos :D

donKey jote
19th October 2007, 21:38
argentina try a man down :o

donKey jote
19th October 2007, 21:51
el quinto !! :D

tinchote
19th October 2007, 23:11
allez les tinchos :D

Can you believe I couldn't watch the match? :mad:

ioan
20th October 2007, 00:10

Can you believe I couldn't watch the match? :mad:

What???
And I was thinking how must be a happy man!

The Pumas were exceptional, I was rooting for them while watching the game with some French buddies! :D

tinchote
20th October 2007, 13:01
What???
And I was thinking how must be a happy man!

The Pumas were exceptional, I was rooting for them while watching the game with some French buddies! :D

Well, for starters, I was doing this task called "work" ;)

And even then, in North America you can only watch the RWC on pay-per-view. My only option to watch the match live (had I not being working) would have been to pay $15 (per game!) to get it streamed to my browser in a not wonderful resolution :s