PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup 2007

Pages : 1 [2]

pino
20th October 2007, 13:34
Great result for Argentina :up: my joy is double since they've beaten arrogant France :laugh: :p :

donKey jote
20th October 2007, 15:27
did you hear the arrogant comments from Ibanez afterwards :down:

now where's oily when you need him for an eloquent quip about sour grapes / french whine ? :(

tincho sorry you missed it :s

Daniel
20th October 2007, 20:07
Well in about a minute it all kicks off. Lets hope it's a good match!

Daniel
20th October 2007, 20:09
and we're off. Go Boks!

Daniel
20th October 2007, 20:20
3 points for the Boks. But they've just given a penalty to the English. :mark:

Daniel
20th October 2007, 20:24
Nice trip there from Moody. Thanks for the 3 points :)

Daniel
20th October 2007, 20:53
9-3 up for South Africa at half time. Looking good!

Daniel
20th October 2007, 21:11
Personally I think that was an England try but perhaps the replays we're sure to see if England lose and that will clear it up perhaps.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th October 2007, 21:15
The video ref is represented from save the blind charity :s :mad:

Daniel
20th October 2007, 21:17
Come on Jon. Accept it and move on. Percy with another and we're 6 in front.

tinchote
20th October 2007, 21:19
It looks like Daniel will be the only one happy here ;) :p :

Daniel
20th October 2007, 21:21
555 will be happy as well ;) But there are 25 minutes to go.

Daniel
20th October 2007, 21:25
Tinchote. What's the bet the fact that the video ref is an Australian will come into it :)

Daniel
20th October 2007, 21:28
Toby Flood is another cheating moron. I hope Flood gets a nice ban for that one.

Daniel
20th October 2007, 21:29
Steyn makes the cheats pay :)

Daniel
20th October 2007, 21:41
Wilko tries his weapon and he's out of bullets :p

Daniel
20th October 2007, 21:49
1 and a bit to go. Lets see if the Boks can put a try down. Don't be suprised if you see England trying to recruit Matfield.

Daniel
20th October 2007, 21:51
30 SECONDS to go.

tinchote
20th October 2007, 21:53
Done deal. Congrats to the Boks, even if it doesn't look like it was a great match :up:

Daniel
No seconds to. South Africa are 2007 Rugby World Cup Champions!

Brown, Jon Brow
Well done South Africa :beer:

Fair result.........

Brown, Jon Brow
20th October 2007, 21:55
No seconds to. South Africa are 2007 Rugby World Cup Champions!

I believe we've established that!

Daniel
20th October 2007, 21:55
Hope the Castle Lager is flowing freely now in South Africa!

SOD
20th October 2007, 21:59
congrats Daniel!

Daniel
20th October 2007, 22:02
Cheers SOD :) have a Castle Lager on me ;) On looking at the replay it does appear it wasn't a try.

AndyRAC
20th October 2007, 22:28
Cheers SOD :) have a Castle Lager on me ;) On looking at the replay it does appear it wasn't a try.

His leg was in the air, the TV Ref bottled it, and possibly changed the outcome of the match. Some of Rolland's decisions were strange to say the least. Sorry, but I'm spitting feathers, the Boks luck in again!!

J4MIE
20th October 2007, 22:28
England's excuses have started already I see...

Never expected to win, surprised they got this far, brave performance, we woz robbed, should have been a try......

J4MIE
20th October 2007, 22:30
His leg was in the air, the TV Ref bottled it, and possibly changed the outcome of the match. Some of Rolland's decisions were strange to say the least. Sorry, but I'm spitting feathers, the Boks luck in again!!

Actually, they looked at it again after the end and it clearly showed his foot was on the line. So it was a good decision :up:

SOD
20th October 2007, 22:48

from the view directly behind the player, his foot just touched the line before the ball was grounded.

KILOHMUNNS
20th October 2007, 22:52
Well done South Africa.

To be honest England gave too many penalties and SA line outs were awesome! :(

Daniel
20th October 2007, 23:11
Whatever. Accept the ref's decision or buy one of the dodgey South East Asian made England 2007 Rugby World Cup champions jerseys that are bound to pop up on Ebay and live in a dream world where England defended their 2003 world cup. When it happened I was happy to come out and say I felt it was a try but after it had all cooled down his foot was clearly touching the line. Them's the brakes. If it had been the other way I wouldn't have been happy but I'd have accepted what the replay clearly showed.

Flood should get a ban for a few games too as icing on the cake for his blatant shove on Percy Montgomery.

The Boks are the only team to go up until tonights match without defeat so "lucking it" is just silly.

England got Wilko'ed and it's sweet :)

England simply have to have more than Wilkinson to beat a good team who are firing on all cylinders.

Valve Bounce
20th October 2007, 23:12
I got up, watched 15 minutes of nothingness, and turned the telly off and went bike riding. What a muddling boring game. After watching Aussi Rules, I simply cannot stand this tiresome Rugby game. :(

Daniel
20th October 2007, 23:15
Well done South Africa.

To be honest England gave too many penalties and SA line outs were awesome! :(
Matfield was just awesome. Quite rightly the man of the match. Without him the scoreline could have been closer as the English would have had a lot more lineout ball.

Full credit to England for coming this far after not the best load of pool games :up: But the team that played well throughout the tournament was always going to win barring a miracle :)

Malbec
20th October 2007, 23:23
bugger

BDunnell
20th October 2007, 23:29
I got up, watched 15 minutes of nothingness, and turned the telly off and went bike riding. What a muddling boring game. After watching Aussi Rules, I simply cannot stand this tiresome Rugby game. :(

I'm pleased it's over, because my local will now be relatively quiet of an evening!

Daniel
20th October 2007, 23:38
I'm pleased it's over, because my local will now be relatively quiet of an evening!
I think Caroline agrees with you too because she now doesn't have a boyfriend who gets stupidly nervous when watching the Springboks play ;)

Daniel
20th October 2007, 23:55
Here's why the try was disallowed. No one can argue with a still photo that shows his foot just touching the line and the ball not yet grounded.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44188000/jpg/_44188780_cueto203.jpg

ioan
21st October 2007, 00:14
Done deal. Congrats to the Boks, even if it doesn't look like it was a great match :up:

No, nothing to compare with the Argentina-France.

stevie_gerrard
21st October 2007, 01:57
Congratulations to Argentina for a much deserved 3rd place, they absoultely slaughtered the French. Chabal was in a nasty way after a huge tackle early on in his game, if you can cause damage to Chabal, you are a brave brave team :p :

Congratulations to South Africa, thoroughly deserved 2007 World champions. It was a tough game up intil Steyns penalty travelled over the posts from the half way line. I then thought England lost their heads a little, losing robinson and Worsley to injuries didnt help either. Now the try that never was, it is REALLY REALLY close but i do feel it was the right decision. His foot does just touch the line, but it is for a split moment, and you just feel if england had been given the benefit of the doubt and been awarded the try, England would have won. The team arent really making a big deal of it but it was a KEY moment in the game.

I'm not taking away credit where its due, SA were the only side who were consistently brilliant, even when the fiji players gave them a run for their money, and i'd like to think England scared the hell out of them for brief periods throughout the game. Congratulations to them and all their fans, and all the SA fan's on this forum, it was a good victory if not a great game. :beer:

A mention to Matthew Tait, Although SA defence was superb all night, Matthew Tait was the only man who ruffled them up big time. He has not had a World Cup to remember at all, but he produced it when it mattered, and put in the performance of his life tonight. He was everywhere, and if England had won, then it would have been because of him. That run before the "try" was classic Tait, which we hadn't seen this tournament. He is an outstanding player, but hasn't really shown it this tournament. Hopefully the world will take note of his performance tonight cause it was quite impressive :)

Jaws
22nd October 2007, 03:08
Congratulations Bokkies :up: and bad luck England, you came close. I was happy to see the Cup go to a country that lives for Rugby. I would have loved to have been in Capetown for the celebrations :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Rollo
22nd October 2007, 07:22
Does anyone else think that there's cause to add Fiji and Argentina to the "Tri-Nations"? Argentina have more or less proved that they're at least capable of mixing it up and beating world class sides.

Daniel
22nd October 2007, 07:41
In my mind Argentina were proven before the World Cup Rollo

Camelopard
22nd October 2007, 08:53
In my mind Argentina were proven before the World Cup Rollo

Isn't the reason given that Argentina and to a lesser extent Fiji don't play in the Tri-nations and Super14 is that they are never able to field their best players due to the fact most of them play professionally in Europe and the clubs won't release them?
Personnally I'd like to see the Tonga and Samoa in these competions as well, although I believe the TV stations are against this and they pay the bills.
In fact I would have had a Pacific side in the Super 14 before the Perth side.

555-04Q2
22nd October 2007, 11:58
Well done to our Bokke. World Champions once again and now the top rated team in world rugby in front of the All Blacks :up:

The good news is we have avery young side and the rest of the world will be seeing most of them again in 4 years time :s cary:

Daniel
22nd October 2007, 12:02
Well done to our Bokke. World Champions once again and now the top rated team in world rugby in front of the All Blacks :up:

The good news is we have avery young side and the rest of the world will be seeing most of them again in 4 years time :s cary:
Plus we're a complete team ;) We can kick (Steyn will be even better in 4 years), we can score tries and we can defend.

Dave B
22nd October 2007, 12:05
Not gutted at all. We progressed to the final, which is a feat in itself, and were beaten fair and square by a better team.

Congratulations South Africa, well done England.

:)