PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rudd out due to injury

RaikkonenRules
5th September 2007, 08:33
Kenny Wallace will run the #88 at Richmond instead.

Erki
5th September 2007, 08:42
That has to be a mighty injury if it puts Ricky out of the seat. :eek:

Jonesi
5th September 2007, 09:53
That has to be a mighty injury if it puts Ricky out of the seat. :eek:

Once you hit 50 and announce your (semi)retirement you're in a mind set where you are less likely to argue with the Doctor, wife, family & own body over staying in the car.

ms0362
5th September 2007, 19:01
It was a hard hit.

dwboogityfan
6th September 2007, 12:29
I hope Ricky gets well soon but this is a great opportunity for Kenny Wallace. If Herman runs well at Richmond he could well put himself forward as the prime candidate for the RYR #88 in 2008 which would be great to see.

Erki
6th September 2007, 14:39
Where did he injure himself then at all? I didn't watch the last race...

ms0362
6th September 2007, 18:43
Where did he injure himself then at all? I didn't watch the last race...

Gordon got loose out of 4 and collected some cars. Rudd got tagged in the rear and spun around for a drivers side hit. It dislocated his shoulder.

Jonesi
8th September 2007, 00:59
Rusty Wallace just mentioned on the Busch prerace show that Rudd's HANS got hooked on/under the seat during his rollover, which caused his shoulder injury.

Speedworx
8th September 2007, 23:05
Hearing Ricky won't be back in the seat this year.

djarumdudley
9th September 2007, 00:02
from what i've read it appears Ricky might have run his last race. quite the irony that a man who never missed a due to injury might have his career ended by one. it's certainly a combination of timely circumstances. impending retirement, proximity to the end of the season, and poor overall season performance adds up. quite a shame, i had hopes that he could pull off one last surprise.