PDA

View Full Version : Gordon to run Ambrose at Dover Cup race.

mercury8
4th September 2007, 07:42
Just read a small bit in Sports illustrated where Robby Gordon says he is entering a 2nd Ford Fusion For Marcos Ambrose at Dover in a couple of weeks.Sounds good,anyone know if this will happen.Robby did say after the washed out qualifying at Watkins Glen that he would give him another crack at it so this may be it.

Jonesi
4th September 2007, 09:44
Just read a small bit in Sports illustrated where Robby Gordon says he is entering a 2nd Ford Fusion For Marcos Ambrose at Dover in a couple of weeks.Sounds good,anyone know if this will happen.Robby did say after the washed out qualifying at Watkins Glen that he would give him another crack at it so this may be it.

Jayski has it too. I don't think there was any doubt it was going to happen, just which track. Been hearing Ford wants to get Ambrose into Cup and Robby wants to run two cars. Maybe it will lead to something more.

RaceFanStan
4th September 2007, 12:27
After running 27 Busch races this year, Ambrose has 0 wins, 0 top 5s, 4 top 10s .....
he has 12 lead lap finishes & his average finish is 21.6 .....

Is Ambrose ready for Cup ? NO, I think he needs more time in Busch. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Hoss Ghoul
4th September 2007, 12:52
He also needs to not be on a crap team. That would help.

mercury8
4th September 2007, 12:58
Is Ambrose ready for Cup ? NO, I think he needs more time in Busch. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

More time in a Nascar! Double Duty is the way to go..

harvick#1
4th September 2007, 15:46
After running 27 Busch races this year, Ambrose has 0 wins, 0 top 5s, 4 top 10s .....

hes also not in top notch equipment and also racing against about 15-20 Nextel Cup guys a week doesn't help out a cause,

I think hes done a great job as a rookie and is really improving alot

Nick Brad
4th September 2007, 16:34
I think he's doing a great job also, he doesn't have any oval experience to fall back on so it is a new ball game for him. If he's ready or not is open up to debate, (as we can see here,) but I think he deserves the chance. If he doesn't make the top 20, so what, it's a good experience for him and can only help in the long run. Good on him I say.

Sparky1329
4th September 2007, 19:35
This is a great move. I hope to eventually see Marcos driving for RGM.

wedge
4th September 2007, 23:59

Blame it on the Buschwhackers? :confused:

tassiedevilAB
5th September 2007, 15:10
But will he be able to get past Robby's hot headedness as an owner, Robby has burnt alot of owners when he drove for them, if the 2 of them can stand the heat , then it could be what Robby is looking for, to make a 2 car cup team, but surely Wood bros & ford have to have a say where Marcos is going in the future!

tassiedevilAB
5th September 2007, 15:14

here is something to get your teeth into!

Ford Racing officials expect to have Australian driver Marcos Ambrose competing in the Nextel Cup Series in at least on a part-time basis next season. John Sazymanski, director of sponsor development for Ford Racing Technology, said on Friday the manufacturer is extremely pleased with Ambrose’s development in Craftsman Truck and Busch Series races and believes he’s progressed enough to move into the Cup series.“There is no question he was going to graduate to the Busch Series this season. But he earned it. He earned it on track with everything he did behind the wheel,” Sazymanski said. “For us that was critical. “His work this year has been exceptional. He’s progressed, stayed within himself, stayed in the top 10 in points. He’s good with sponsors, good with teams, good on the corporate side and good with the media.” Sazymanski said Ambrose’s plans for 2008 are not yet set, but believes Ambrose will run at least a partial Cup schedule next season and could possibly run full time, if the right sponsor and team situation worked out. (That's Racin') (08-25-07)

that is very interesting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would say?
Because Marcos said few months back that he will be driving in the 2nd tier series next year for his team !

tassiedevilAB
5th September 2007, 15:40

Ambrose may run for Robby at Dover: Marcos Ambrose gets a do-over. One of the feel-good stories of this year happened when Robby Gordon provided a Nextel Cup car for Australia's Ambrose at Watkins Glen, a week after an on-track confrontation cost both of them a victory in the Busch race in Montreal. The only problem was, qualifying was rained out and Ambrose never got an opportunity. Gordon says he's going to enter Ambrose in one of his Ford Fusions for Dover.(Sports Illustrated)(9-4-2007)

Now it just says may run for him, not a very good piece of journalism?
& LATTER IT SAYS THAT ROBBY IS?
Is this the same report you read Mercury8

RaikkonenRules
5th September 2007, 16:42

RFS you can't expect NASCAR rookies to beat the Cup guys on a regular basis. That's why some people are against Buschwacking ;)

Let's hope qualifying isn't rained out again. Then he should make the field.

Sparky1329
6th September 2007, 05:22
But will he be able to get past Robby's hot headedness as an owner, Robby has burnt alot of owners when he drove for them, if the 2 of them can stand the heat , then it could be what Robby is looking for, to make a 2 car cup team, but surely Wood bros & ford have to have a say where Marcos is going in the future!

Personally I think Ford is driving this deal. They supposedly want Robby to get a second team rolling and they want Marcos to progress. It's my opinion that Marcos won't do the latter effectively with the Wood Bros. Whether he would or not with RGM is an uknown. Regardless it should be interesting to see what happens.

tassiedevilAB
6th September 2007, 14:16
RFS you can't expect NASCAR rookies to beat the Cup guys on a regular basis. That's why some people are against Buschwacking ;)

Let's hope qualifying isn't rained out again. Then he should make the field.

But raikki, that is what Marcos loves the best, he said he likes it when he has to race the cup guys, but i think some of the cup guys a freightened he will take some of there thunder if he wins, & that is why he is getting taken out by most of them!

tassiedevilAB
6th September 2007, 14:21

You haven't taken into consideration that some of the tracks this year he hadn't seen & also the bad luck has kept him out of better finishes than he has to date. For a guy that only started racing on left hand turns on the ovals he has done better than some of the so called vets & rookies that grew up on the bullrings !

And yes he needs more time in busch or what ever they are going to call it next year, but some cup drives in the Cot will be beneficial to him & his team to get the most out of this new car for next year!

tstran17_88
6th September 2007, 19:10
You haven't taken into consideration that some of the tracks this year he hadn't seenLike Pocono and Indianapolis where the Busch series does not run races? Tough learning curve for him next year. I figure he should adapt well to Infineon, where the Busch series doesn't run, and also he did run the trucks at Martinsville, so that will help. :D

tassiedevilAB
7th September 2007, 06:19
Like Pocono and Indianapolis where the Busch series does not run races? Tough learning curve for him next year. I figure he should adapt well to Infineon, where the Busch series doesn't run, and also he did run the trucks at Martinsville, so that will help. :D

yep those tracks will be intereeeeeeeeeeesting if he is in cup next year?

But is this a leak from ford to give the woods a kick up the arse for not letting him run those 2 RC races he was promised at the start of the year in the #47 cup car with aussie sponsorship & aussie colour scheme. jmo

Robert Ryan
8th September 2007, 13:09
He also needs to not be on a crap team. That would help
Best performing OVAL Racer out of 8 others on the Woods Bros teams.. is a good effort from a roadracer with now 50 oval races to his credit.

Mark in Oshawa
9th September 2007, 07:36
Marcos I think would show more on a good team. Robby Gordon Racing isn't a good team. I think one more year in Busch would be best, but not for the reasons Stan thinks. I think Marcos has NOT the luxury of going to Cup and looking bad, or he will never get a second chance. He has to be sure he has the handle on this racing culture and how to race there, and I am not 100 percent sold he is ready. I think he deserves a shot at some one off rides in Cup, but make no mistake, I think one more year learning by beating on the Buschwackers ( god help us if they get another sponsor...we wont have a name!) or being beat on by them would help. This year was the first full time season, and he did well, but Cup is a different level of ferocity. Instead of 15 Buschwackers, you have 42 other guys out there who will slit his throat in a heartbeat, and that new level of learning will be a step that I don't think one year of Busch will prepare him for. Maybe I am wrong,....but the greatest surprise was the thread starter wasn't TASSIE!!

Robert Ryan
9th September 2007, 10:20
I think one more year learning by beating on the Buschwackers ( god help us if they get another sponsor...we wont have a name!) or being beat on by them
Mark that is what he will be doing. He will be doing the occaisonal Cup race, but next year will a consolidation year for him. Yes he desperately needs a better team, but the Wood Bros were the only team who would take a basically unknown from Australia.

Robert Ryan
9th September 2007, 10:31
Looking at their other drivers: Ken Shrader is 46th in Cup; Kelly Bires 42nd in Busch; Joey Clanton 26th in Trucks; Keven wood 77th; John Wood 37th in Trucks etc. Inspiring Team right!!

tassiedevilAB
9th September 2007, 13:42
Marcos I think would show more on a good team. Robby Gordon Racing isn't a good team. I think one more year in Busch would be best, but not for the reasons Stan thinks. I think Marcos has NOT the luxury of going to Cup and looking bad, or he will never get a second chance. He has to be sure he has the handle on this racing culture and how to race there, and I am not 100 percent sold he is ready. I think he deserves a shot at some one off rides in Cup, but make no mistake, I think one more year learning by beating on the Buschwackers ( god help us if they get another sponsor...we wont have a name!) or being beat on by them would help. This year was the first full time season, and he did well, but Cup is a different level of ferocity. Instead of 15 Buschwackers, you have 42 other guys out there who will slit his throat in a heartbeat, and that new level of learning will be a step that I don't think one year of Busch will prepare him for. Maybe I am wrong,....but the greatest surprise was the thread starter wasn't TASSIE!!

Great points there Mark, you know i feel the same as you about going to cup when you are not ready! At least he is still learning & staying in the top 10 in points, we do have to remember when a lot of you guys gave him no chance in the busch series with only one season in the trucks, but he has proven us wrong & is not just sitting on the bottom of the pile but is challenging for 5th place if he has more top 10's & is 2nd in the rookie award, i think he has suprised all of us this year & jon & stacy record last year wasn't that good!

I say one more season in the 2nd tier & a part time in the cup should be fine for him, but the biggest question is which ford team if it is't WOODS?

tassiedevilAB
9th September 2007, 13:57
Mark that is what he will be doing. He will be doing the occaisonal Cup race, but next year will a consolidation year for him. Yes he desperately needs a better team, but the Wood Bros were the only team who would take a basically unknown from Australia.

But in the press release it says that his ride isn't settled for next year,
even though marcos said on his site a few months ago that he has signed for the same busch team next year?

If that isn't the case then ford better start finding a better team or make woods a better team, imo i think he will stay with woods & make them grow with him the same as he did with the stone bros!

mercury8
10th September 2007, 07:33
The perfect senario would be to run the most amount of Cup races that allows him to retain his rookie status for Cup in 2009.16 races is it?I think when Ford Australia boss Tom Gorman was over there a little while back that was to sure up things for Ambrose.I heard just after that weekend that Ambrose would have a budget to run Cup next year so was coincidental to say the least.Also Craig Gore [Aussie Vineyards] and Ford called a bit of a truce just after that weekend as well back in Australia so maybe there is a conection there as to budget.Would look pretty stupid if Gore had his company sponsorship on a car backed by Ford US but yet had no official ties with Ford Australia for his V8 Supercar team which was the case until after the Gorman trip to the US.Maybe clutching at straws but it all seems a little coincidental to me.Good chance that Tad and Jodi may take there cars and form an alliance with another team and with backing from Kingsford Charcoal and Aussie Vineyards there maybe an opportunity there to do so.All just theory but that is what it looks like to me.I think that if Jon Woods never had his medical/attitude problem this year that he would most certainly have got the nod ahead of Ambrose for Cup next year but those goals changed with Wood back in the Truck Series.Woods had more of an agenda for Jon Wood than for Ambrose but with the Devil Racer being the best performing driver over the whole Wood Brothers team they may have to rethink things.

tassiedevilAB
10th September 2007, 10:15
The perfect senario would be to run the most amount of Cup races that allows him to retain his rookie status for Cup in 2009.16 races is it?I think when Ford Australia boss Tom Gorman was over there a little while back that was to sure up things for Ambrose.I heard just after that weekend that Ambrose would have a budget to run Cup next year so was coincidental to say the least.Also Craig Gore [Aussie Vineyards] and Ford called a bit of a truce just after that weekend as well back in Australia so maybe there is a conection there as to budget.Would look pretty stupid if Gore had his company sponsorship on a car backed by Ford US but yet had no official ties with Ford Australia for his V8 Supercar team which was the case until after the Gorman trip to the US.Maybe clutching at straws but it all seems a little coincidental to me.Good chance that Tad and Jodi may take there cars and form an alliance with another team and with backing from Kingsford Charcoal and Aussie Vineyards there maybe an opportunity there to do so.All just theory but that is what it looks like to me.I think that if Jon Woods never had his medical/attitude problem this year that he would most certainly have got the nod ahead of Ambrose for Cup next year but those goals changed with Wood back in the Truck Series.Woods had more of an agenda for Jon Wood than for Ambrose but with the Devil Racer being the best performing driver over the whole Wood Brothers team they may have to rethink things.

This is very good logic but Nascar & teams don't like being logical,
These questions you have thrown up to the board are great for a good debate!

Lee Roy
10th September 2007, 10:55
The perfect senario would be to run the most amount of Cup races that allows him to retain his rookie status for Cup in 2009.16 races is it?

Seven.

RaceFanStan
18th September 2007, 13:28
Well, Marcos Ambrose is on the entry list for Dover in the #77 Robby Gordon Racing Ford .....
there are 50 drivers entered for Dover which means 7 drivers will go home ! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/eek.gif

Only the top 35 in Owner's Points are guanteed to start, the rest have to make it on speed .....
Marcos Ambrose will face some stiff competition to make the race @ Dover .....

these drivers will be going against Marcos Ambrose for the 8 starting spots :
... the cars with BIG team connections :
Scott Riggs #10 Evernham MotorSports (3rd team)
Scott Wimmer #33 Richard Childress Racing (4th team)
Sam Hornish Jr #06 Penske Racing (3rd team)
Joe Nemechek #78 Furniture Row Racing (Hendrick engines)
... the Toyota Gang :
David Reutimann #00 Michael Waltrip Racing
Dale Jarrett #44 Michael Waltrip Racing
Michael Waltrip #55 Michael Waltrip Racing
Dave Blaney #22 Bill Davis Racing
Jeremy Mayfield #36 Bill Davis Racing
Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull Racing
A.J. Allmendinger #84 Red Bull Racing
... the cars that are there trying almost every week :
John Andretti #49 BAM
Ward Burton #4 McClure/Finch Racing
Kevin Lepage #37 Front Row Motorsports

It will be intersting to see IF Marcos Ambrose can even make the race @ Dover. :s

tassiedevilAB
18th September 2007, 16:29
Well Stan, if what your saying in that post it will be hard for him to make it , but if he does & the others go home what does that make Ambrose, in a not so good equipment car to make the show?

If he makes it that will be good, if he doesn't it will be food for fodder for next year, gee how many races has AJ or Mikey made this year?

It all depends on if Mother nature is kind this week if any off them will race?

go aussie go ! hopefully to the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RaikkonenRules
18th September 2007, 16:49
I think that with a bit of luck Marcus should make the show. Gee Stan your always so quick to write off the Busch regulars.

RaceFanStan
18th September 2007, 18:40
I'M NOT WRITING ANYONE OFF !!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH !!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

I said that ONLY 8 of 15 drivers will make the race & Marcos Ambrose is one of the 15 !
ALL 15 drivers have a tough assignment to make the race on speed alone .....

Marcos Ambrose is in a 2nd Robby Gordon car & let's just say Robby hasn't been a top performer .....
being in a poor quality car with a thrown together team will not help Ambrose in his qualifying attempt ..... :s
cross your fingers because Marcos Ambrose needs some good luck to make the race .....
(like maybe a cloud coming over or getting a really good set of Goodyears before his qualifying run)
(the same can be said about some of the other "make it on speed or go home" drivers)

Some of the drivers have a better chance of making the race due to having better cars and/or team resources .....
as I noted 4 of the drivers that have to make it on speed have BIG team connections & it is an advantage .....
(Scott Riggs, Scott Wimmer, Sam Hornish Jr, & Joe Nemechek) should be considered favorites to make the race .....
not because they may be better drivers but because they will be in the best cars compared to the other 11 .....

Then you have the "Toyota Gang" with 7 drivers all wanting to make the race .....
lately 4 to 5 of them have been qualifying for the races, so expect some of them to make it .....
the Toyotas are gaining more speed & it won't be long before they are real contenders .....

after the BIG team connected cars & the Toyotas there aren't many (if any) spots left .....
in the very back you have 4 drivers (John Andretti, Ward Burton, Kevin Lepage & Marcos Ambrose) .....
the fact is that these drivers are in the lesser quality equipment & most likely to go home .....
to make the race @ Dover, these drivers have to be faster than at least 7 of the other 8 drivers .....
it can happen, 1 or 2 of these drivers could set a quick lap & make the race .....
they will definately need some good luck, some balls-out driving, nerves of steel & a fast car.

My point is that QUALIFYING for Dover will be very critical for those 15 drivers ..... http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/eek.gif

ms0362
18th September 2007, 19:06
He's taking a raincheck. Wife's having a baby this weekend.

RaikkonenRules
18th September 2007, 21:40
I'M NOT WRITING ANYONE OFF !!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH !!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

I said that ONLY 8 of 15 drivers will make the race & Marcos Ambrose is one of the 15 !
ALL 15 drivers have a tough assignment to make the race on speed alone .....

Marcos Ambrose is in a 2nd Robby Gordon car & let's just say Robby hasn't been a top performer .....
being in a poor quality car with a thrown together team will not help Ambrose in his qualifying attempt ..... :s
cross your fingers because Marcos Ambrose needs some good luck to make the race .....
(like maybe a cloud coming over or getting a really good set of Goodyears before his qualifying run)
(the same can be said about some of the other "make it on speed or go home" drivers)

Some of the drivers have a better chance of making the race due to having better cars and/or team resources .....
as I noted 4 of the drivers that have to make it on speed have BIG team connections & it is an advantage .....
(Scott Riggs, Scott Wimmer, Sam Hornish Jr, & Joe Nemechek) should be considered favorites to make the race .....
not because they may be better drivers but because they will be in the best cars compared to the other 11 .....

Then you have the "Toyota Gang" with 7 drivers all wanting to make the race .....
lately 4 to 5 of them have been qualifying for the races, so expect some of them to make it .....
the Toyotas are gaining more speed & it won't be long before they are real contenders .....

after the BIG team connected cars & the Toyotas there aren't many (if any) spots left .....
in the very back you have 4 drivers (John Andretti, Ward Burton, Kevin Lepage & Marcos Ambrose) .....
the fact is that these drivers are in the lesser quality equipment & most likely to go home .....
to make the race @ Dover, these drivers have to be faster than at least 7 of the other 8 drivers .....
it can happen, 1 or 2 of these drivers could set a quick lap & make the race .....
they will definately need some good luck, some balls-out driving, nerves of steel & a fast car.

My point is that QUALIFYING for Dover will be very critical for those 15 drivers ..... http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/eek.gif

Alrite no need to shout but you realise John Andretti and Ward Burton have been quite good at making races recently down to driver skill. I personally think that Marcus Ambrose has the skill to qualify bad cars reasonably well and remember he was very competetive at the June Busch race. I also think that Robby Gordon's cars aren't quite as bad as Burton, Andretti and Lepage have. So I think that Ambrose stands a good chance of making the race.

Robert Ryan
18th September 2007, 21:59
I also think that Robby Gordon's cars aren't quite as bad as Burton, Andretti and Lepage have. So I think that Ambrose stands a good chance of making the race.
He is doing a raincheck on the race as his wife is expecting their second child fairly soon. Being with her is more important than doing a race that weekend.

RaikkonenRules
18th September 2007, 22:12
Yep just heard. Shame about that. :( Hope Robby Gordon gives him another chance.

tassiedevilAB
19th September 2007, 00:24
Yep just heard. Shame about that. :( Hope Robby Gordon gives him another chance.

Robby being a good guy will have to give him another chance this year seeing that he is delaying his cup debut for a very important moment in his life?
Baby wins out this time!

Lee Roy
19th September 2007, 01:58
Glad to see that Ambrose has his priorities straight.

tassiedevilAB
20th September 2007, 13:30
yep got to do the right thing by his wife & 2nd child lol

Now it can rain cats & dogs seeing that the#21 is locked in this week & there will be no #77 to cheer on. With ambrose not making his long overdue cup debut.

mercury8
23rd September 2007, 04:51
Maybe Robby Gordon's crew chief Gene Nead departing the team on Monday may have had some bearing on Marcos decision not to run one of Robby's cars as well. He would of known he was coming on board with the Wood Brothers probably before Robby knew.

Mark in Oshawa
25th September 2007, 17:55
The Baby is one thing, Robby losing a Crew Chief might be a better reason. I would like to think it is just the baby coming that caused him to pull out.

Marcos will just have to be careful about when he makes that Cup Debut on an oval. As I said before, he hasn't the luxury of looking bad in the beginning. The leash on drivers from unproven fields (In NASCAR's eyes, not mine) such as Aussiev8's is shorter than someone who came up through the support NASCAR series such as the Whelan series and various Dodge Sponsored Series.

Marco's learned this year, next year is the acid test. He has to start improving next year to be a realistic option for a good Cup team.

mercury8
25th September 2007, 20:57
The Baby is one thing, Robby losing a Crew Chief might be a better reason. I would like to think it is just the baby coming that caused him to pull out.

Marcos will just have to be careful about when he makes that Cup Debut on an oval. As I said before, he hasn't the luxury of looking bad in the beginning. The leash on drivers from unproven fields (In NASCAR's eyes, not mine) such as Aussiev8's is shorter than someone who came up through the support NASCAR series such as the Whelan series and various Dodge Sponsored Series.

Marco's learned this year, next year is the acid test. He has to start improving next year to be a realistic option for a good Cup team.
Agreed he needs to make the right moves.Next year he will share car #21 with Jon Wood in Cup and run a full program of Busch as well.12 races for Ambrose and 8 for Wood at this stage with Bill Elliott in the frame for the rest of the seat time.This should really bring Ambrose's experience level along and we will hopefully see some good results in Busch.As you say he needs to take the next step up next year to get himself a decent ride in Cup for 2009.

mercury8
26th September 2007, 20:53
This article in yesterdays Herald Sun is interesting.Does Ford USA have other plans?AUSTRALIAN motor racing ace Marcos Ambrose will step up to the world of top level NASCAR racing next year, possibly for the Wood Brothers Racing team.
The dual V8 Supercar champion is expected to drive for the famous Wood Brothers Racing team next season, according to reports from the US.
He will split time in the team's No.21 Ford Fusion with fellow drivers Jon Wood and Bill Elliot.
Ambrose is expected to drive in up to 12 of next season's 36 races, including the road courses at Watkins Glen, New York, and Sonoma Raceway, California.
Team co-owner Len Wood revealed the situation to the media but Ambrose said he was unaware the deal had been finalised.
"That's been written up but it is news to me. There has been some discussions but I haven't been privy to them. If there's truth to it that's great," Ambrose said yesterday.
Next year's move to the Nextel Cup is not only a step up to a more competitive series, it gives Ambrose the chance to make big money in the multi-million dollar championship.
The deal to have three drivers share the same car is because the cost of sponsoring a car has become too much for most companies.
"What you see at the Cup level is so expensive that you see sponsors split the sponsorships," Ambrose said.
"At the moment the team has Motorcraft, the US Airforce and Little Debbie's snacks sponsoring it and those companies choose the driver."
It is believed Ford is negotiating with sponsors on Ambrose's behalf because it has been impressed with both his on and off-track performance since he quit V8 Supercars to pursue his American dream last year.
In addition to his dozen Nextel Cup races, Ambrose will continue to drive a full season in the second-tier Busch Series program.
He said he was ready to move up to the more competitive Nextel Cup if the team supported him enough.
"The level of Cup is as good as anything in the world in terms of professionalism," Ambrose said. "It's something you've got to do properly with the right amount of testing and preparation."

Sparky1329
27th September 2007, 02:09
I hate to say it but IMHO if it comes to a choice between Marcos and Jon Wood in the #21 Marcos will be on the losing end of the situation. I think Marcos is ready for a shot at the Cup series. I was really hoping to see him in an RGM car at Dover.

Jonesi
27th September 2007, 03:38
I hate to say it but IMHO if it comes to a choice between Marcos and Jon Wood in the #21 Marcos will be on the losing end of the situation. I think Marcos is ready for a shot at the Cup series. I was really hoping to see him in an RGM car at Dover.

At this point I thing Wood Bros are struggling to just survive, and have to go with you ever a sponsor prefers.