PDA

View Full Version : Fisichella says.....

Hondo
3rd September 2007, 14:13
Fisi says if he doesn't hear something from Renault soon, he's going to have to explore his options.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2705547,00.html

Take a hint son, stay in tonight and start making those phone calls.

tinchote
3rd September 2007, 14:48
Talk about being out of touch with reality :eek:

BeansBeansBeans
3rd September 2007, 15:08
Talk about being out of touch with reality :eek:

Why? All he's saying is that if he isn't retained by Renault, he'll have to start looking elsewhere for a 2008 ride.

markabilly
3rd September 2007, 15:33
I told RD the other day that he does not sign me up NOW to replace FA for next season, I will start exploring my other options.......... :s mokin:

LeonBrooke
3rd September 2007, 22:59
If I was running, say, Spyker, I'd hire Fisichella. If I was running Renault I might be looking elsewhere... but I wouldn't want to burn bridges with him either.

tinchote
3rd September 2007, 23:16
Why? All he's saying is that if he isn't retained by Renault, he'll have to start looking elsewhere for a 2008 ride.

Because if he really hasn't been looking at other options, he is crazy. Everybody has been talking for months that he will likely be not retained, and only now he says this?

Hondo
3rd September 2007, 23:50

Why should he think Renault would want to keep him? Alonso whupped him for 2 years and his rookie teammate is ahead of him in the points this year. I would be willing to bet that contrary to what Renault says publicly, in private they feel that Alonso would have gotten more out the car sooner and they might even be ahead of BMW. I don't think they view Fisichella as an asset they need to protect.

I would think Fisichella or his manager should be smart enough to figure that much out on their own. Of course, I was surprised when Renault kept him for this year thinking he could lead them to victory. I need to hire myself out as an F1 driver quality consultant. Check with me before you hire, I might be able to save you millions. Then again, with what I would have made off of Toyota and Sauber, I'd probably be retired by now anyway.

aryan
4th September 2007, 02:42
Just don't forget guys,

This is the same Fisico who has fairly beaten the likes of Massa, Button, and many other esteemed drivers here.

I know...his time is up.

jens
4th September 2007, 11:19
I have always supported Fisichella, but at the moment I have to admit that I don't see him in F1 next year. The fact that rookie Kovalainen has been outpacing him recently quite comfortably, should say a lot. Once Fisi used to beat all his rookie team-mates, but that era is over by now. It has become extremly hard to keep faith in Fisi. In some way the situation is kinda sad recalling how great talent he was considered to be many years ago. He failed against Alonso, although was hired as #2 driver and had plenty of excuses. But 2007 really should have been "now or never" with no more excuses left. He was quite good in the first half of the season, putting in great performances on circuits he has traditionally been quick - Australia, Monaco and he was also on course for a decent result in Canada. But after that Fisico has looked lost and he has simply been doing too many driver errors (CAN, USA, EUR, HUN, TUR) as it can be clearly seen that the quickness of Heikki is doing harm on his confidence. Therefore alas it's time to leave. What's left to prove? If he is getting beaten by a rookie already now, then it can get only worse next year. His reputation is falling quickly. And there is no point in joining a midfield or - even worse - a backmarker team, having just driven for a double WDC & WCC team.

fan-veteran
4th September 2007, 11:23
Fisichella is a looser :)

keysersoze
4th September 2007, 20:33

Looser than what, oh-spell meister?

Malbec
4th September 2007, 20:42
Why should he think Renault would want to keep him?

Because he's a known quantity? After several years with Renault they know exactly what he's like.

Sure, he isn't as quick as Alonso but he's been more consistent than Kovalainen. The Finn might beat him comprehensively over the rest of the season but there's a possibility he might not too, especially given his poor early season form.

Keeping Fisi might not be as bad as it sounds, who do you know on the grid who is definitely better than him and is free for 2008?

Hondo
4th September 2007, 21:44
Maybe it's time to look beyond the grid. Some pretty good rookies have found their way in during the last season and a half so lets continue the trend. I'm tired of watching the same old drivers take their bags and their excuses as they work through all the teams on the grid. It's kind of like the NFL in American Football. Whenever a headcoach gets fired, another team picks him right up. Why would would you want to keep hiring people that have long proved themselves inconsistant performers? For crying out loud, get somebody new in there.

inimitablestoo
4th September 2007, 22:33
Fisi's one of the blokes on the grid who's a decent footballer, perhaps he's off to QPR... ;)

ArrowsFA1
5th September 2007, 08:15
Because he's a known quantity?
Could be. Could also be that he works well with the team and provides decent feedback to help the engineers. Being a valuable F1 driver is far from simply scoring points.

Flat.tyres
5th September 2007, 11:25
Could be. Could also be that he works well with the team and provides decent feedback to help the engineers. Being a valuable F1 driver is far from simply scoring points.

Ferrari have long demonstrated that a very sucessful winning formula is to have an undesputed #1 like Alonso and someone that's quick enough to bring the car home in good positions like Fisi.

That way, you ensure the best driver has optimum set-up and a rear gunner guards his tail.

If Alonso was to go back to Renault, and it's not beyond the bounds of possibility if Flav can guarentee the car will be competitive (indeed, some say the ink is dry) , then having Fisi as a #2 could make sense.

Robinho
5th September 2007, 12:48
shouldn't take long to explore his options....done, "yes Flav, i'd love to be a test driver please, thankyou very much sir" ;)

Garry Walker
5th September 2007, 13:57

Now, I am no fan of Fisichella, I consider him a little prick, but let me give you some facts.

He does his dream-job and gets paid millions of dollars for it. He is also one of the very top in world in his profession and no matter when he decides to retire, he will have done more than enough for racing history to remember him and for him to enjoy a weathly lifestyle.

You on the other hand are none of the before-mentioned things, nor can you spell an easy 5 letter word correctly. I know who the "looser" here is, but Fisichella sure is not looking like one :rotflmao:

Flavio will not retain Fisichella, that is pretty much obvious. His performances lately have not been impressive at all, so it is either Alonso-Kovalainen or Kovalainen-Piquet for Renault next year.
I dont think Fisicella really has had a fair chance at Renault though.

Roamy
5th September 2007, 18:28
Please come to Champ Car - you will do very well!!!

Hondo
5th September 2007, 18:40
Please come to Champ Car - you will do very well!!!

You maybe on to something there. Lets have the Champ car guys swap wuth the F1 guys for next season. That would liven up both series.

Trqster
5th September 2007, 18:43
Fisichella was always a natural optimist and even a bit of a dreamer... In some ways his delusions remind me a bit of good-old Coulthard...hehe

jso1985
6th September 2007, 00:43
You maybe on to something there. Lets have the Champ car guys swap wuth the F1 guys for next season. That would liven up both series.

how? I don't think sending all F1 drivers to F1 2nd division American conference would be any improve at all...

LeonBrooke
6th September 2007, 00:46
It could be interesting to see how they fare in cars they've never driven before, on circuits new to them. After the first race the excitement would be over though.

wmcot
6th September 2007, 00:57
If Alonso was to go back to Renault, and it's not beyond the bounds of possibility if Flav can guarentee the car will be competitive (indeed, some say the ink is dry) , then having Fisi as a #2 could make sense.

Just hypothetically, suppose Alonso goes back to Renault along side Heikki and gets beaten? How would he feel about that?

tinchote
6th September 2007, 04:31
Just hypothetically, suppose Alonso goes back to Renault along side Heikki and gets beaten? How would he feel about that?

It will be kind of a deja-vu from this season ;) :p :

wmcot
6th September 2007, 07:01
It will be kind of a deja-vu from this season ;) :p :

More like FA's worst nightmare!

Dzeidzei
6th September 2007, 19:15
Because he's a known quantity? After several years with Renault they know exactly what he's like.

And thats a good reason? I have a female neighbor, but shes an ugly cow. Even if I know exactly what shes like, I dont want to even see her.

:)