PDA

View Full Version : Alonso proves he's quicker than LH

clydekart
31st August 2007, 15:15
In the recent test at Monza using the same car FA was 3 tenth's quicker than LH which is an eternity in F1. In addition FA ran in the afternoon with increased temps. It's not 100% scientific, as grip levels, fuel loads, ect may have been different, however it gives a pretty good indication of who is quicker.

Corny
31st August 2007, 15:18
you believe this yourself? if Alonso would be quicker, than why is he not leading the championship?

ArrowsFA1
31st August 2007, 15:31
It's not 100% scientific, as grip levels, fuel loads, ect may have been different...
Exactly.

trumperZ06
31st August 2007, 16:02
;) These two drivers are very very close in absolute speed but...

over a race weekend...

IT looks like Lewis is a gnat's eyelash faster than Alonso. :s mokin:

Jimmy Magnusson
31st August 2007, 17:25
Well, if testing was everything the Prost team would have been world champions a few years ago. ;)

tinchote
31st August 2007, 17:27
Well, if testing was everything the Prost team would have been world champions a few years ago. ;)

And don't forget Arrows :D

BeansBeansBeans
31st August 2007, 19:19
In the recent test at Monza using the same car FA was 3 tenth's quicker than LH which is an eternity in F1. In addition FA ran in the afternoon with increased temps. It's not 100% scientific, as grip levels, fuel loads, ect may have been different, however it gives a pretty good indication of who is quicker.

Do you know what fuel loads they were on? What tyres they were using? Which components they were testing? Whether they were doing race or qualifying simulation?

I'm not saying Alonso isn't quicker than Hamilton, but if you want concrete proof, you won't find it from testing times.

Ranger
31st August 2007, 23:46
Test times = irrelevant.

rohanweb
1st September 2007, 00:15

you are talking bull mate..
FA never been quicker than LH ....
even my 4 year old niece knows this very well.! ;)

Trqster
1st September 2007, 01:05
I guess we'll see who's faster soon enough at Monza...

ShiftingGears
1st September 2007, 01:32
So Alonso will beat Hamilton in the remaining 5 races? :D

Mifune
1st September 2007, 04:30

welcome to the "kick me" thread

truefan72
4th September 2007, 12:15

LOL , it's testing mate

that's why they call it "testing"

Dave B
4th September 2007, 16:30
Testing times - even on the Friday of a GP weekend - are all very well and good, but it's who racks up the most points on Sundays which decide the Championship.

Remember that we only see the fastest single lap time. On that basis, Kimi would have won the Turkish Grand Prix...

Donney
4th September 2007, 17:59
Alonso might be or not faster than Hamilton but that test proves nothing.

markabilly
4th September 2007, 18:17
Alonso might be or not faster than Hamilton but that test proves nothing.

A true profundity, so intense and profound, yet obvious ......

or if the test does prove FA is the fastest, I say great!!!

no need to bother with the Monza race and let us move on to the next circuit..

(I wonder if anybody was actually weighing the cars for the test runs Huuummmmm!!) :rolleyes:

wmcot
5th September 2007, 07:58
The only sport where a single fastest run wins is called drag racing! :)

SteveA
5th September 2007, 09:39
The only sport where a single fastest run wins is called drag racing! :)

Even in a drag race, you can have the lowest ET and highest speed and still lose to your opponent! (Holeshot)

leopard
5th September 2007, 09:59
Have anyone heard about Hess's law?

It said that the most important part of conversion of energy only the start and end states matter to the reaction, not the individual steps between, regardless of the path through which.

Hence, Alonso has better start at the first and second race of season, from which the final result is to be determined. :s mokin:

Donney
5th September 2007, 10:06
A true profundity, so intense and profound, yet obvious ......

or if the test does prove FA is the fastest, I say great!!!

no need to bother with the Monza race and let us move on to the next circuit..

(I wonder if anybody was actually weighing the cars for the test runs Huuummmmm!!) :rolleyes:

Do as you please.

Trqster
5th September 2007, 12:40
IMO one will be able to say who's really faster only at the end of the season, using indicators, such as:

- Qualifying positions
- Fastest race laps
- Final positions on races without DNF's.

And of course, whoever will be crowned WDC champ will also give as a hint I guess!

leopard
5th September 2007, 13:13
And of course, whoever will be crowned WDC champ will also give as a hint I guess!
so who is your guess? :)

Big Ben
5th September 2007, 20:12

I believe you MATE. The entire nation is convinced of that... I bet the same thing everybody would have said about Button a few years ago...

I admire the capacity of the English nation to create worldwide known heroes even when they are pretty worthless... although I would admit this ain't Beckham... this one has ssome skills

jso1985
6th September 2007, 00:17

I guess in your niece's world the Malaysian GP never happened...

tinchote
6th September 2007, 04:36
I guess in your niece's world the Malaysian GP never happened...

It looks to me that in his niece's world the current WDC is trailing his rookie teammate after 11 races :D

wmcot
6th September 2007, 07:00
Yeah, and my dad can beat up your dad!!! That's kind of what this thread has come down to.

SteveA
6th September 2007, 09:41
But could Fernando's dad beat up Lewis' dad? Surely that's what matters!

Trqster
6th September 2007, 14:22
so who is your guess? :)

I'm a huge Hamilton fan, but I guess the pressure for the final 5 races will be a bit too much for him to handle since he's still just a rookieand he'll probably crack under the pressure.

Alonso on the other hand has "been there done that", so he'll be crowned 3x WDC champ in the end. My money would be on Alonso at this time.

F1MAN2007
6th September 2007, 15:43
....I admire the capacity of the English nation to create worldwide known heroes even when they are pretty worthless... although I would admit this ain't Beckham... this one has ssome skills

"...Getting married into that entertainment scene was a difficult thing -from that moment his life was never going to be the same..." (Fergie) :D

wmcot
6th September 2007, 20:51
But could Fernando's dad beat up Lewis' dad? Surely that's what matters!

I don't know, they never show Fernando's dad on TV (at every single race!)

truefan72
7th September 2007, 07:03
I'm a huge Hamilton fan, but I guess the pressure for the final 5 races will be a bit too much for him to handle since he's still just a rookieand he'll probably crack under the pressure.

Alonso on the other hand has "been there done that", so he'll be crowned 3x WDC champ in the end. My money would be on Alonso at this time.

well it didn't seem like it was getting to him in turkey with 6" races to go, beating his teammate all weekend and in quali, on sunday until his tyre blew up, which at that point he was looking to stretch his WDC lead.

Remember, LH won the gp2 series last year and knows a thing about closing in on the home stretch.

People have bveen saying that the pressure is going to get to him all season, but all I've seen is relative calm throughout the year.

Alonso on the other hand....

leopard
7th September 2007, 07:34
right, sneakiness calm ;) :)

jso1985
7th September 2007, 20:53
It looks to me that in his niece's world the current WDC is trailing his rookie teammate after 11 races :D

so is in mine :eek: :p : but in my world FA has been quicker than Hamilton quite a few times ;)

Trqster
8th September 2007, 07:24
well it didn't seem like it was getting to him in turkey with 6" races to go, beating his teammate all weekend and in quali, on sunday until his tyre blew up, which at that point he was looking to stretch his WDC lead.

Remember, LH won the gp2 series last year and knows a thing about closing in on the home stretch.

People have bveen saying that the pressure is going to get to him all season, but all I've seen is relative calm throughout the year.

Alonso on the other hand....

Agree truefan...but the closer to the end the harder it'll get for everyone and I'm convinced that Hamilton will start to loose a bit of his coolness under pressure. Anyway also agree that Alonso seemed to acuse more pressure so far on the track than his rookie team-mate which is a bit odd to say the least...

truefan72
8th September 2007, 09:36
Agree truefan...but the closer to the end the harder it'll get for everyone and I'm convinced that Hamilton will start to loose a bit of his coolness under pressure. Anyway also agree that Alonso seemed to acuse more pressure so far on the track than his rookie team-mate which is a bit odd to say the least...

I am sure he'll feel a bit of pressure, he wouldn't be human if he didn't. Winning the F! WDC in his rookie year, and taking out the current champ, none less than his teamate in identical machinery is a tall feet for anyone to achieve.

My point was/is that so far he seems to be managing his pressure in a constructive way. But I completely see your point.

F1MAN2007
8th September 2007, 15:29
I think FA proved something more in Monza Practice sessions and Qualifying!

As the soft tyres are looking better than the hard tires, FA set a time on hard tires which LH couldn't beat on soft tires!!

Dave B
8th September 2007, 16:36
I'm not sure you're correct about the tyres, but certainly Alonso was the class of the field in qualifying today :up:

Trqster
8th September 2007, 17:12
I would say Alonso did a nice pole lap, but stating that he was class of the field might be a bit too much, since Hamilton trailed him by 0.038s... :rolleyes:
And remember Hamilton is just a rookie ya know..(kidding)... :D

Anyway we'll be able to draw more conclusions about who was faster only tomorrow after getting to know the actual fuel loads.

Congrats anyway to Alonso for the pole and to McLaren for the front-row lockout in Ferrari's home soil.

Ranger
9th September 2007, 00:50
I would say Alonso did a nice pole lap, but stating that he was class of the field might be a bit too much, since Hamilton trailed him by 0.038s... :rolleyes:
Well considering he had the luxury of backing off on his final flying lap (where he was going quicker) in the knowledge that Hamilton couldn't beat the time he set on his first flyer, I'd say he was the class of the field yesterday.

F1MAN2007
9th September 2007, 15:03
He was Class yesterday and Smart today!!!!

F1boat
9th September 2007, 15:15
I think that Lewis feels better in McLaren and Macca mechanics want him to win. But I think that Alonso is a better driver.