PDA

View Full Version : How often do you think about this place?

Hazell B
30th August 2007, 20:31
Normally I don't think about this forum during the day, but today two things brought it to mind.

The first was a grand-daughter of the farmer next door saying "Nice breeze" when the weather finally cooled this afternoon. Made me think of nice Breeze :)

The second was when somebody rang up with the almost same (real) name as somebody on here and I was all confused for a moment :mark:

Brown, Jon Brow
30th August 2007, 21:08
First thing when I wake up and last thing before I go to sleep :)

CCFanatic
30th August 2007, 21:50
Not much. I have told some of Oily's jokes to some friends before, to not much laughter.

NoFender
30th August 2007, 21:56
Whenever I want to see the love fest between IRL and CC freaks. maybe once or twice a week.

LotusElise
30th August 2007, 22:06
I'm in my last week in my job and therefore am bored and a bit restless, so whenever the boss isn't looking!

Breeze
30th August 2007, 22:20
Normally I don't think about this forum during the day, but today two things brought it to mind.

The first was a grand-daughter of the farmer next door saying "Nice breeze" when the weather finally cooled this afternoon. Made me think of nice Breeze :)

:wave: :s pinhead: :heart: :s pin: Now I'm all twitterpated.......

Drew
30th August 2007, 22:52
Normally only if something reminds me of this place.

Mark in Oshawa
31st August 2007, 04:22
I do know I am on here far too often, but will be on the road again with a new company, so my 4 plus hours a day leaving messages will be reduced to many once or twice a week.

I find it is a hobby, although I do get myself into some trouble at times arguing.....

oily oaf
31st August 2007, 07:25
Not much. I have told some of Oily's jokes to some friends before, to not much laughter.

Try reelin' 'em off with your trousers at half mast and with a Begonia protruding from your bottom.
Works every time for me son :)

I actually think about the forum during my every waking hour and indeed also in times of repose.
Only last Friday Mrs Oaf began belabouring me about the head with her custom built, studded maternity cudgel after the overbearing lummox, fuelled by a lethal cocktail of 20 pints of "Old Skullbuster" and insane jealousy accused me of crying out Race Afficiando's name in my sleep...........twice :(

Still mustn't grumble. :)

leopard
31st August 2007, 07:30
I'm in my last week in my job and therefore am bored and a bit restless, so whenever the boss isn't looking!
Why don't you invite you boss hereto, he/she may back your opinion up ;)

LeonBrooke
31st August 2007, 10:37
I enjoy the stimulating conversation I get here, so I think about it all the time.

Ian McC
31st August 2007, 11:18
I don't think that I really think about this place when I am not on here, I sometimes spare a thought for the poor victims locked in Oily's basement but that's about it.

AndySpeed
31st August 2007, 14:15
Only when I see the website in my recently visited websites list. Which is what keeps it on my most visited list the next day, and keeps me here!

Drew
31st August 2007, 20:09
I enjoy the stimulating conversation I get here, so I think about it all the time.

Wow, i'm surprised by that. What are your real life conversations about? :p :

LeonBrooke
2nd September 2007, 08:06
Wow, i'm surprised by that. What are your real life conversations about? :p :

Often things that make me laugh uncontrollably, but that you couldn't say on TV... it's nice to have some conversation that's appropriate for children.

pino
2nd September 2007, 11:30
How often ? too often :crazy:

Mark
2nd September 2007, 11:56
Never :p

Hondo
2nd September 2007, 16:50
Everytime I go into a Subway sandwich shop I think of Eki because I still owe him one. When I order a pizza I wonder if Pino's is better. Most of all, I think about the issues that are raised on the forum and the many sides to all of them. I consider myself lucky to have access to a forum like this where I can read the uncensored opinions of other people around the world.

When I first joined the forum, I was surprised at what low opinions there are about Americans around the world. Most Americans think the world loves them. Of course I know better now and am used to it and in some cases can understand it.

It has been and remains, a real privilege to have the opportunity to exchange thoughts and ideas with the lot of you.

I also think of Hazell everytime I see a Land Rover.

Drew
2nd September 2007, 17:10
When I first joined the forum, I was surprised at what low opinions there are about Americans around the world. Most Americans think the world loves them. Of course I know better now and am used to it and in some cases can understand it.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I don't think the world exactly hates Americans, just America and the stereotypcal American. I met a few Americans at uni and they were all nice and not at all stereotypical. But last week I saw and heard some big Americans, amazingly stereotypical. The complained at how small the chocolate was (it was huge for me!) and then asked each other how much it cost in "real money"

Swings and roundabouts indeed, I'd love to know what an American living in the UK thought about it all :)

GridGirl
2nd September 2007, 21:29
I mostly think about this forum when I'm bored in the office at work. Mind I'm generally thinking about every other possible thing in the world but doing some work so its hardly suprising.

MrJan
2nd September 2007, 21:33
Thankfully not as much as I used to. At one point (at UNi when I was writing my dissertation) it was several times a day, or when I was actually in front of a computer trying to do work, several times an hour :D

Now it's down to a 'healthy' few times a week, mostly when watching motorsport on TV.

Hazell B
3rd September 2007, 20:27

Now don't laugh, but I think of you whenever I pass an ASDA store. Trust me, there is a link, though it's stretched a bit :mark:

They sell dog collar jewellery and some of it says "Sweetie" on it :D

I'll second what Drew said about Americans, too. It's the stereotypes we see in tourist places that do our heads in, not the sane ones who stay home. Almost every American I've met in York has been a loud, overweight, over-friendly asker of stupid questions who's pronounced all the place names wrongly and complained about the weather/food/locals. This place has taught me they're not all America has to offer luckily.

Hondo
3rd September 2007, 21:55
Now don't laugh, but I think of you whenever I pass an ASDA store. Trust me, there is a link, though it's stretched a bit :mark:

They sell dog collar jewellery and some of it says "Sweetie" on it :D

Sorry, I laughed. At first I was going to wake her up and show her that she has become an international figure of some note, but she generally isn't impressed by things she can't eat, chew up, fetch, or pee on. I went and cleaned up the boat yesterday and there were other people doing the same and had their dogs with them also so we let them have a swim-a-thon while we rotated alligator watch although it's been at least 3 years since a gator attacked a dog in the south end of the lake. She has spent most of today snoozing, still worn out from yesterday.

martinbalmer
3rd September 2007, 22:45
I think of these forums usually when something controversial, big or small, happens in F1 or BTCC. "That'll make for a busy forum.."

Otherwise, when I see the link in my favourites..

Although seeing Land Rovers can remind me of Hazell, interestly seeing Hazell does not appear to remind me of Land Rovers...

schmenke
4th September 2007, 19:03
I think of Hazell every time I see a horse :mark:

:uhoh:

Camelopard
4th September 2007, 23:20
Far too often........ and I spend far too much time thinking about some of the posts which annoy me, so that means obviously I don't have a life....
Most of my reading/posting is done at work and I don't know what I'll do when anything with 'forum' in the url gets blocked which I'm sure will happen soon, this part of the net is getting smaller. it's already happened with '....blog....' '..chat..' '...free....' and so on.

Mihai
5th September 2007, 12:16
At my previous job, my w*nker co-workers complained (read 'whined') to the boss that I spend too much time reading the forum and posting picks and comments on various sections of the forum. And I was working at a motorsport website. I quit that job months ago! :p

leopard
5th September 2007, 13:03
And where are you working at now so that enables you playing around in forum like used to do? :)

Hazell B
5th September 2007, 20:05
Cheers Storm :rolleyes:

:p :

Mihai
12th September 2007, 08:35
And where are you working at now so that enables you playing around in forum like used to do? :)

The answer is in my signature! ;)

leopard
13th September 2007, 10:39
The answer is in my signature! ;)
I haven't yet learned that kind language :)

janneppi
13th September 2007, 10:55
Everytime I go into a Subway sandwich shop I think of Eki because I still owe him one.

Oddly enough, I saw Range Rover sport thingy on Tuesday with license plate EK-1, Lead me to think if he's switched his Suzuki for a bit of bling. :p :