PDA

View Full Version : Your fave playlist...

pino
30th August 2007, 14:18
I've just made mine (which shows my age unfortunately ) :p : It took me sometime but here's.The ouverture is dedicate to one of the best album in my collection : Alchemy by Dire Straits and the song are :

Once upon a time in the West, then
Walk of Life
Romeo and Juliet
Expresso Love
Private Investigation
Sultans od Swing

Somenthing more soft now with Jehtro Tull :

Livining in the Past
Song from the Wood
Jack in the Green
Aqualung
Locomotive Breath
Thick as a Brick

Pure rock now with the first British Band I've ever played, Led Zeppelin :

Black Dog
Babe I am gonna leave you now
The rain song
Whole Lotta Love
Since I've been loving you
Stairway to Heaven

Time for the Band with most album in my collection, Genesis. I've choosed the 2nd part of a live concert called Three Sides Live with these songs :

Misunderstanding
In the cage (medley-cinema show/slipperman)
Afterglow
One for the wine
Fountain of Salmacis
It/Watcher of the skies

Finally the Band I've loved the most : Pink Floyd. 10 tracks taken from the amazing Pulse live concert starting with :

Hey You
Another Brick in the Wall
Us and Them, etc..etc...and a great finale with
Confortably Numb and the fantastic solo-guitar !

I am now proud of my work :D

pino
30th August 2007, 14:26
btw as soon I'll get a bigger memory-card for my mobile, I will add more Genesis, Queen, and Dire Straits :D

Caroline
30th August 2007, 14:28
Black Dog by Led Zeppelin is one of the most fantastic songs I have ever heard. It introduced me to Led Zeppelin and I can't listen to it and not smile.

millencolin
30th August 2007, 14:30
i would post mine, but its basically every album and song that i own. i love just putting it on random because you may get something you havent heard in months (perhaps years) and you just wanna turn up your stereo and shout it out loud. Happened today when some old Eskimo Joe came on (with their song ironically called 'turn up your stereo')

Daniel
30th August 2007, 16:18
i would post mine, but its basically every album and song that i own. i love just putting it on random because you may get something you havent heard in months (perhaps years) and you just wanna turn up your stereo and shout it out loud. Happened today when some old Eskimo Joe came on (with their song ironically called 'turn up your stereo')
You've been listening to too much Alanis Morisette :p It's not ironic :p it's appropriate or apt ;) Ironic would be a song that's called "It's all so quiet" and has some crazed Icelandic woman screaming in it ;)

Off the top of my head a good playlist would be
D'yer Mak'er - Led Zeppelin
Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica
Black dog - Led Zeppelin
Whole lotta love - Led Zeppelin
One - Metallica
Whiskey in the Jar - Thin Lizzy
Riders on the Storm - the Doors

and just more Metallica and Led Zeppelin :)

schmenke
30th August 2007, 16:59
I'm with millencolin. "shuffle" makes a fine playlist :D

AndyRAC
31st August 2007, 00:14
Agree with Pino, I have loads of Pink Floyd, early Genesis, Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin.Plus some dance stuff, Chemical Brothers, Orbital.

jso1985
31st August 2007, 00:44
I'm with millencolin. "shuffle" makes a fine playlist :D

thirded :D

LeonBrooke
31st August 2007, 09:39
Pino, you have good taste in music :) :) :)

My playlist would be Dire Straits, Steely Dan, Genesis, Jethro Tull, Queen, Evanescence, Within Temptation and Linkin Park :) :)

pino
31st August 2007, 09:39
It's a great feature but it depends on what you are playing. Look at my list and the Band in there, I could never jump from one band to another all the time. I need to hear 4/5 tracks on row to really enjoy their great music. I too use the shuffle mode but only when playing pop music or italian music :p :

pino
31st August 2007, 09:41
Pino, you have good taste in music :) :) :)

Thanks, you're the 2nd one in this forum to say that :D

Spoonbender
31st August 2007, 10:22
Pino, my era too. If it were me I would add a few Supertramp tracks in there. Breakfast in America, Logical song, Give a little bit to name but a few.

pino
31st August 2007, 10:29
Pino, my era too. If it were me I would add a few Supertramp tracks in there. Breakfast in America, Logical song, Give a little bit to name but a few.

Not only Supertramp but Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Santana, CSNY, Eagles etc..etc.... I must get a 4GB memory-card for my mobile first, then I will put them too :D

schmenke
31st August 2007, 14:40
Don't forget the Doors - L.A. Woman :up: :s mokin:

Daniel
31st August 2007, 14:44
Don't forget the Doors - L.A. Woman :up: :s mokin:
Excellent driving song :up: :)

Sleeper
31st August 2007, 23:35
Great taste Pino, especially Genesis and Floyd.

I've got way too many songs on my MP3 player to list here, but these bands seem to get the most play:

Pain of Salvation
Dream Theater
Opeth
White Willow
King Crimson
Muse

Seems that metal gets the most listens when I'm on the move, even if it doesnt make up the majority of my CD collection.

One question, would that be the entire Thick as a Brick album?

pino
1st September 2007, 06:07
Great taste Pino, especially Genesis and Floyd.

One question, would that be the entire Thick as a Brick album?

Thanks Sleeper :D

Thick as a Brick isn't the entire album, but the "live" version taken from the Bursting Out live album (a masterpiece) which still is 12:24 long :s mokin:

Back to Genesis, I've replaced the Second Out live album (poor quality sound compared to other tracks) with some classic songs taken from : The Lamb lies down on Brodway ( Peter Gabriel singing ) Selling England by the pund, Trick of Tail, Wind & Wuthering...

Sleeper
2nd September 2007, 22:37
^You should add Can-Utility and the Coastliners to that list.

pino
3rd September 2007, 07:29
^You should add Can-Utility and the Coastliners to that list.

Sorry but I don't know them :o

leopard
3rd September 2007, 08:07
Although I never dislike any particular sort of music, that's good if you like Floyd, it's just beyond my taste :( :)

PuddleJumper
3rd September 2007, 13:32
I am now proud of my work :D
You forgot Bruce Hornsby. :p :

BeansBeansBeans
3rd September 2007, 13:40
I am currently listening to British Sea Power, Lambchop, Voxtrot, Faust, The Cribs and Interpol.

MrJan
3rd September 2007, 20:03
When i don't set my iPod to shuffle I like to go with my Chhoooon playlist which is made up by any songs with a 5 star rating.

32 songs at the moment including:

The Verve-Lucky Man
Muse - Hysteria
Snow Patrol and Martha Wainwright - Set The Fire To the Third Bar
Several Hendrix songs including All Along The Watchtower
Roses And Bluejays by Buck 65
Moby - Extreme Ways
Otis Redding - Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone
Neil Young - Hurricane and Cortez The killer
Faithless - Insomnia
It's A man's world - James Brown
Pavorrotti - Nessun Dorma
A class John Martyn cover of Portishead's Glory Box
and finally my own personal favourite Tom In Da Club - 50 Cent vs the Thomas the tank engine theme tune (just try YouTube if you haven't heard it already)

pino
3rd September 2007, 22:00
You forgot Bruce Hornsby. :p :

I have not, I just don't have more space in my memory card :(

Sleeper
4th September 2007, 02:33
Sorry but I don't know them :o
Thats track 4 on Foxtrot, Genesis ;)

pino
4th September 2007, 07:01
Thats track 4 on Foxtrot, Genesis ;)

Shame on me :p : I've had forgotten about that song, that's because I am not a great fun of that album, I only play Supper's Ready ;)

BTW wilst looking in my music collection for some Supertramp stuff, I've found the live album called "Paris"... unfortunatelly CD 2 is missing :(

Ian McC
4th September 2007, 13:37
Is this a bit of an old persons thread? :p :

Bezza
4th September 2007, 19:36
Well this is a difficult question to answer, because I have so many. I like a bit of Pink Floyd and Queen, to name two of the bands already mentioned, but the rest isn't really my taste.

I'm not even gonna try and come up with a list yet as I'll miss something out and be annoyed. Watch this space...

Sleeper
5th September 2007, 02:35
Is this a bit of an old persons thread? :p :
Probably would be if I wasnt 21. ;)

pino
5th September 2007, 10:36
Probably would be if I wasnt 21. ;)

Or if I were not 23...great music-taste hasn't age :p : ;)

Garry Walker
5th September 2007, 13:08
Great list Pino, All the ones you listed belong in my favourites list for sure, although I would add songs from Motörhead, Queen, Supertramp, Eagles, Nightwish and AC/DC as well to complete the list. Added to those, there are too many artists I have in my playlist that I all like and my playlist is extremely varied, I listen from Johannes Brahms and Mozart to Korn and Mika.

Leonardsleeping - If you dont like the Floyd, I recommend you listen to The Wall, especially disk 2. How anyone could not like such masterful album, is beyond me.

schmenke
5th September 2007, 14:38
...Leonardsleeping - If you dont like the Floyd, I recommend you listen to The Wall, especially disk 2. How anyone could not like such masterful album, is beyond me.

Wish You Were Here is their best IMO :up:

Bezza
5th September 2007, 17:42
Actually I was just noticed Dire Straits there as well - awesome - especially Romeo and Juliet, Sultans of Swing and Brothers In Arms!

I'm bored at work as the day draws to a close, so here we go, I'll try a make a list using just my top 10 bands off the top of my head!!

Joy Divison - Transmission, She's Lost Control, Love Will Tear Us Apart, Digital, Atmosphere, New Dawn Fades, Shadowplay, Disorder, Isolation, Dead Souls

New Order - True Faith, Blue Monday, 1963, Bizarre Love Triangle, Temptation, Crystal, Here To Stay

Oasis - The whole of Definitely Maybe + Wonderwall, Whats The Story Morning Glory, Hello, Roll With It, Stand By Me, Force Of Nature, Rockin Chair, Underneath The Sky, Masterplan, Acquiesce, Importance of Being Idle

REM - Losing My Religion, Cuyahoga, Fall On Me, Its The End Of The World As We Know It, The One I Love, Orange Crush, Half a World Away, Country Feedback, Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight, Man On The Moon, Everybody Hurts, Imitation Of Life, Drive

Blondie - Atomic, Heart of Glass, Hanging on the Telephone, 11:59, Will Anything Happen?, Dreaming, Union City Blue, Rapture, X Offender, One Way Or Another

Duran Duran - Save a Prayer, View To A Kill, Hungry Like The Wolf, Wild Boys, Ordinary World, The Chauffeur, Come Undone, Notorious, Rio, Girls On Film, Planet Earth

The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again, Panic, This Charming Man, How Soon is Now?, Ask, William it was Really Nothing, Stop Me, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, Girlfriend In A Coma, Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want, What Difference Does It Make?

The Streets - Don't Mug Yourself, Weak Become Heroes, The Irony Of It All, Empty Cans, Fit But You Know It, Dry Your Eyes, What Is He Thinking?, Blinded By The Lights, Never Went To Church

Kasabian - LSF, Processed Beats, Empire, Shoot The Runner, Cutt Off

Madness - My Girl, It Must Be Love, House Of Fun, Cardiac Arrest, One Step Beyond, Our House, Lovestruck, Michael Caine

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence, Personal Jesus, Everything Counts, Just Can't Get Enough, Strangelove, Policy Of Truth, Suffer Well

The Clash - Rock The Casbah, Should I Stay Or Should I Go, Police On My Back, Magnificent Seven, London Calling, Train In Vain, Guns of Brixton, Tommy Gun, Janie Jones, Complete Control, White Riot, Capital Radio One, 1977

----------

There is so much I've missed its just ridiculous

schmenke
5th September 2007, 17:55
...Duran Duran ...

:s

Bezza
9th September 2007, 23:00
Yes, schmenke, Duran Duran - Simon Le Bon and co. I love them - I don't question your musical tastes so don't question mine! Save A Prayer is my favourite, awesome.

pino
10th September 2007, 06:42
Great list Pino, All the ones you listed belong in my favourites list for sure, although I would add songs from Motörhead, Queen, Supertramp, Eagles...

I've just added School, The logical Song, Breakfast in America, Hide in your Shell, and From now on ( love tha saxophone there) :s mokin: All taken from Supertramp live concert in Paris. As soon I'll get Disc2 I will also add Rudy, A Soapbox Opera, Asylum, Take the long way home, Fool's Overture and the amazing Crime of the Century. Queen and Eagle are next to be added. As for the best song by Pink Floyd...I love them so much that I cannot choose one, every single album is a masterpiece :up: