PDA

View Full Version : 15 Most Influential in Nascar

muggle not
28th August 2007, 03:12
Read it and then complain: :D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/lars_anderson/08/23/power.list/index.html

Jonesi
28th August 2007, 04:22
First mistake is reading Sports Illustrated for anything MotorSports related.

Sparky1329
28th August 2007, 05:17
What Jonesi said.

Mark Dwyer deserves a smack upside the head for his Chase brain child.

Mark in Oshawa
28th August 2007, 07:43
Gee..no discussion on how accurate those 15 names are? I would say pretty damned accurate, not that it was really that tough.

For SI, that actually was a pretty good article......just explaining the obvious I suppose but hey, people like lists.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
28th August 2007, 11:17
I really dont think any driver should be on the list. why isn't Bruton Smith in there?. No Humpy Wheeler ethier.

muggle not
28th August 2007, 12:48
Gee..no discussion on how accurate those 15 names are? I would say pretty damned accurate, not that it was really that tough.

For SI, that actually was a pretty good article......just explaining the obvious I suppose but hey, people like lists.
Agreed. Forget who did the list but ask yourself how accurate it is. I tend to think that it is probably pretty close. Maybe a few changes could be made but it is actually close to reality.

blakebeatty
28th August 2007, 15:53
I really dont think any driver should be on the list. why isn't Bruton Smith in there?. No Humpy Wheeler ethier.

I dare say that without Bruton and Humpy, there may be no night racing. First track with lights was Lowe's. And people thought that they were NUTS.

I think for the most part, quite accurate. One would have to include Bruton/Humpy.

Also, Richard Childress is missing.

harvick#1
28th August 2007, 16:11
ummm, Brian France #1 and Helton #2, Pablo in #15 (maybe its actually the top 15 idiots in Nascar :p : )

but its SI, there really dumb when it comes to racin.

how is Dale Jr. on there but not Dale Earnhardt.

Teresa Earnhardt but not Childress

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
28th August 2007, 16:43
I dont think drivers have power. maybe a little influance over the fans but not much more than that.

Remember when they tried to start a drivers union and nascar banned Turner and Flock. "This is NASCAR's show" i believe was nascars comment.

Plus theres probably a few people with alot of power who us common folk have never and will never have heard of.

muggle not
28th August 2007, 17:17
ummm, Brian France #1 and Helton #2, Pablo in #15 (maybe its actually the top 15 idiots in Nascar :p : )

but its SI, there really dumb when it comes to racin.

how is Dale Jr. on there but not Dale Earnhardt.

Teresa Earnhardt but not Childress

LMAO. For the same reason that Brian france is there instead of Bill France, they are dead.

harvick#1
28th August 2007, 17:30
but they are still were still way more influencial than Jr. and Brian.

even to this day. Big E was the reason I started watchin Nascar

muggle not
28th August 2007, 17:48
let me explain it this way. These are the 15 that have the most influence in Nascar...........NOT who did have. :)

Mark in Oshawa
28th August 2007, 21:44
I would say they show their ignorance by not having Humpy and Bruton Smith there. Those guys are the only reason that NASCAR hasn't been busted under antitrust legislation.....

CCFanatic
28th August 2007, 22:05
LMAO. For the same reason that Brian france is there instead of Bill France, they are dead.

But the late Earnhardt stills has a souvienier booth at every race and stills make more money off that than most drivers that still race. His death was what really got nascar to focus on safety for the drivers.

Mark in Oshawa
29th August 2007, 01:01
But the late Earnhardt stills has a souvienier booth at every race and stills make more money off that than most drivers that still race. His death was what really got nascar to focus on safety for the drivers.

I think they wanted to have people effecting change by their actions or non actions NOW. I would love to see Sr. alive and being a voice for change and on that list then the reality. His prescence is shown to be there by the inclusion of Theresa Earnhardt, who is making a ton of money on selling gear with the "3" on it. At some point, isn't just plain ghoulish?

MD24
29th August 2007, 02:39
I would add Bruton Smith, Humpy Wheeler and Richard Childress but I would definitely remove that idiot Darrell Waltrip

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
29th August 2007, 11:06
Darrell Waltrip has power?. Someone need to take that man to the side and tell him to sort it out. He make a twat of himself weekly on FOX. Anyone see him making his predictions for the rest of the year on Fox's last race?. Wearing a sparkily gold turban and waving his hands around a crystal ball like an arse. That right there was when the man lost all the respect i had for him.

tstran17_88
29th August 2007, 23:31
Not only should Richard Childress be on the list…I’d say he is top 5 material.

What other owner has been able to get NASCAR to give into his every request? I’d say that's pretty darn influential. :)

Jack: I need a sponsor for the #99 car and Crown Royal would like to be that sponsor.
NASCAR: No. Sorry, but we won’t allow hard liquor sponsorship in NASCAR. It’s a bad influence on the children.
Jack: But cigarettes and beer are ok?
NASCAR: Well, or course not! Err, wait. Yes! No! We mean no!
Jack: Huh?
Jack thinking to himself: I wish I was in the good ‘ol boy network like RC!

Later that racing season…

Richard: I need a sponsor for the #30 car and Jack Daniel’s would like to be that sponsor. Also, they would like us to change the number on the car to #07.
NASCAR: Why, of course! Anything for our favorite son. Why don’t you come on in here and have a cigar and a glass of cognac with us!

RaceFanStan
30th August 2007, 15:25
Looks like Crown Royal made it onto the #26 Jack Roush car ....... :s mokin:

IMSAFAN1
30th August 2007, 18:04
The most influential person in NASCAR is the guy who waves the yellow flag and the guy who decides that a hotdog wrapper is a piece of debris.

ms0362
30th August 2007, 18:47
Take off the drivers and Teresa. Put in the track owners.

tstran17_88
1st September 2007, 18:17
Looks like Crown Royal made it onto the #26 Jack Roush car ....... :s mokin:After the fact, yes it did. Once Nascar opened the dam for RC, the flood waters came rushing in. Jim Beam sponsors the #7 car too.

tstran17_88
1st September 2007, 18:18
and the guy who decides that a hotdog wrapper is a piece of debris.
Mike Helton?