PDA

View Full Version : Will Kovalainen & Alonso switch seats for 2008?

weeflyonthewall
27th August 2007, 20:01
Interesting speculation mentioned in Turkey this past weekend. Alonso back to Renault and Heikki to McLaren.

jens
27th August 2007, 20:13
I have heard it somewhere too...

But arguably Renault is going to declare its 2008 driver line-up at Monza and quite likely it will still be Kovalainen alongside Piquet Jr. I think despite all the problems at McLaren the heat has cooled down a bit by now and Alonso at least looks more ready to continue with McLaren than before. I think he realises that he won't have a better option than that.

jso1985
28th August 2007, 01:27
not much probable I think, once everything cools down at McLaren, Alonso has to realize Renault ain't a better option

tinchote
28th August 2007, 02:26
Will Kovalainen & Alonso switch seats for 2008?

No.

leopard
28th August 2007, 05:22
All depend on how Alonso takes himself positioned.

If he wants team to favor him, Renault is a choice. But teams where he can perform his ability with equal support, he needn't have had mind to go elsewhere from McLaren.

jas123f1
28th August 2007, 10:40
Interesting speculation mentioned in Turkey this past weekend. Alonso back to Renault and Heikki to McLaren.

Probably not, but if Alonso doesn’t like to continue at McLaren and want to move back to Renault, then it seams (anyway to me) rather be Alonso and Kovalainen than Alonso and Fisichella. Renault is on the right way and the results are getting better every race so why not..

If “RD” has any interest to give Fisi a drive – hmm maybe?? However it’s not absolutely impossible - I think. :)

weeflyonthewall
28th August 2007, 20:03
Probably not, but if Alonso doesn’t like to continue at McLaren and want to move back to Renault, then it seams (anyway to me) rather be Alonso and Kovalainen than Alonso and Fisichella. Renault is on the right way and the results are getting better every race so why not..

If “RD” has any interest to give Fisi a drive – hmm maybe?? However it’s not absolutely impossible - I think. :)

If Briatore wants Alonso back, will he give up Hiekki or Nelson Piquet Jr.? That's the million dollar question for 2008.

GP-M3
28th August 2007, 20:14
I'll guess Alonso stays at Mac. But say he wants to go to Renault, perhaps he would want Fisi as his second driver as he knows Fisi is good in that role and is no threat. Thus Kov is looking for a ride as I can't see him getting hired by Mac.

Likely

FA/LH at Mac
HK/NP at Renault

Though I'm hoping FA ends up back at Renault with HK

Big Ben
28th August 2007, 20:15
will pigs fly in 2008? will we be able to leave under water in 2008?

COD
28th August 2007, 20:54
As I said on another thread, Keke Rosberg hinted that Kovalainen will stay in F1 for -08, but not necessarely with Renault. McLaren would probably be happy to make that trade as their axperiences with Finnish drivers are quite good... And Heikki wouldn't mind either.

Other possibility could be that Heikki replaces Ralf in Toyota and Briatore with such move will make room for Alonsos return to them. And thet way he could keep Fisi as the silent and slower no.2. That would not be best for Heikki, but a longer contract with them could be ok.

In that case, it is hard for McLaren to find any good replacement for Alonso

Garry Walker
29th August 2007, 00:37
In that case, it is hard for McLaren to find any good replacement for Alonso
Ralf would be more than good enough replacement.

If alonso really does leave McLaren, it will be yet another example of how immature and insecure person he really is.
I dont care either way to be honest.

Oli_M
29th August 2007, 00:46
If Renault do announce their drivers at Monza I'd want to read that press release very carefully. If it is worded something like "XYZ contracted to Renault team for 2008" that doesn't confirm they are in a race seat :D

Interesting idea about Kovy going to Toyota, I guess firstly Flav will wait to see what Alonso does, by that point he will hopefully have decided if he wants to keep Fisi in the team. I guess the irony could be, that Fisi is dropped by Renault and signed up by Toyota???!!?

Garry Walker
29th August 2007, 00:48
If Renault do announce their drivers at Monza I'd want to read that press release very carefully. If it is worded something like "XYZ contracted to Renault team for 2008" that doesn't confirm they are in a race seat :D

Interesting idea about Kovy going to Toyota, I guess firstly Flav will wait to see what Alonso does, by that point he will hopefully have decided if he wants to keep Fisi in the team. I guess the irony could be, that Fisi is dropped by Renault and signed up by Toyota???!!?

Fisi is going to be dropped by Renault yes, but Toyota doesnt want him. Why would they? They already have one mentally weak italian driver, why would they need another one?