Rubens: "Don't make me laugh"

:laugh:

tinchote
26th August 2007, 15:20
Team: "Jenson is 2 seconds faster"

That was great.

In general, I'm surprised about the kind of conversations we hear. As Brundle was mentioning when they echoed Renult's engineer telling Heikki to go faster, a decent race driver usually tries to drive fast, and doesn't need an engineer to tell him to do so. Even more curious was a couple years ago, when Sato starts were directed by his engineer :mark:

janneppi
26th August 2007, 15:46
Indeed funny stuff from Honda.
I think it's more of a pep talk most of the times, sort of like what happens in pretty much every sport where coaches try to get the maximum out their athletes.

rohanweb
26th August 2007, 16:26
hehehehe..
it was soo funny ;)
but in a way guys fighting out in the middlepack, the positions seems suddently confused for the drivers its good the race engineer tells them who is on the front and who is charging at the back..

the biggest joke is , whenever Jenson says that he is looking to have 'FUN' on the track.. nevertheless starting from the back of the grid with the slowest of all cars. ;) lol

jens
26th August 2007, 16:32
I don't know the reason, but this time in the race Button was clearly better than Barrichello, despite losing to him in the qualifying.

I remember last year in Australia Renault told Fisichella that Alonso was 2 seconds a lap faster. Maybe GF should have answered something funny too. :)

markabilly
26th August 2007, 16:33
hehehehe..
it was soo funny ;)
but in a way guys fighting out in the middlepack, the positions seems suddently confused for the drivers its good the race engineer tells them who is on the front and who is charging at the back..

the biggest joke is , whenever Jenson says that he is looking to have 'FUN' on the track.. nevertheless starting from the back of the grid with the slowest of all cars. ;) lol

You mean starting with the second slowest of all cars--forget not that Spkyer has the current lead by a good margin, with Honda running behind, but Toro red cow Rossi is giving Honda a strong challenge......... :rolleyes:

markabilly
26th August 2007, 16:50
Team: "Jenson is 2 seconds faster"

Boring!!!

Now if he had said "Quit drinking the kool aid, and go f****ing swivel yourself.."

Or better yet, "Only two seconds? Sorry, next time, I will slow down and make it last much longer for both of us.....will that make you happy, my sweetie."

These nerdy engineers, thinking they are doing some good, Flavio saying stuff like "push, push, harder....harder, push, push, you can do it" just like those announcers on Speed TV... I had couple of girlfriends who used to chant that in chorus...... :bounce: :bounce:

Nowadays, young guys do not know how tough it was before all these ED drugs came out.....

savage86
26th August 2007, 17:03
Did your mother drop you on your head as a child?

markabilly
26th August 2007, 17:18
Did your mother drop you on your head as a child?
no, but one of my girlfriends did when i was a bit older

Sorry if i offeded anyone...I did not imagine that anyone would really like to hear Flavio ( or david hobbs and speed tv announcers), yelling "push, push, harder, you can do it......" in their ears, but if it gets you off, go for it.... :D

I think I would prefer some good rock and roll over the radio, like the Doors, or some soundtracking from Top Gun or even some tracks from Mary Poppins over Flavio flatulence...but hey, that is just me :s mokin:

tinchote
26th August 2007, 17:52
Australia Renault told Fisichella that Alonso was 2 seconds a lap faster. Maybe GF should have answered something funny too. :)

Only difference, in that case it was true! :D

stevie_gerrard
26th August 2007, 19:01
I couldnt stop laughing after that comment :p :

thing is, its actually quite true, button wont ever be 2 seconds faster than barichello this season, although he did a good job to get up as far as he did.

Drew
26th August 2007, 19:43
The best thing about the comment, was the way he said it :p :

Shifter
26th August 2007, 22:17
Boring!!!

Now if he had said "Quit drinking the kool aid, and go f****ing swivel yourself.."

Or better yet, "Only two seconds? Sorry, next time, I will slow down and make it last much longer for both of us.....will that make you happy, my sweetie."

These nerdy engineers, thinking they are doing some good, Flavio saying stuff like "push, push, harder....harder, push, push, you can do it" just like those announcers on Speed TV... I had couple of girlfriends who used to chant that in chorus...... :bounce: :bounce:

Nowadays, young guys do not know how tough it was before all these ED drugs came out.....

I just realized, why doesn't this message board have an "Ignore" function?

ChrisS
26th August 2007, 22:42
I just realized, why doesn't this message board have an "Ignore" function?

it has

go to the profile of the user you want to ignore and there is a link there

Shifter
26th August 2007, 23:16
thanks!

markabilly
27th August 2007, 00:54
Great Idea, bye bye shifter

schmenke
27th August 2007, 14:44
As I understand it, both driver and crew know when their comms are being aired.

tinchote
27th August 2007, 15:12
As I understand it, both driver and crew know when their comms are being aired.

That would be reasonable.

schmenke
27th August 2007, 16:50
That would be reasonable.

I also seem to recall one of the Speed TV commentators saying that the comm broadcasts are not necessarily live :mark:

tinchote
27th August 2007, 18:26
I also seem to recall one of the Speed TV commentators saying that the comm broadcasts are not necessarily live :mark:

If I understood correctly, the meaning of that is that while they switch to the onboard camera when the air the conversation, in reality it happened maybe a few laps earlier and surely in another part of the track (most likely on the straight). But we are talking a few minutes delay, at most.

schmenke
27th August 2007, 18:30
If I understood correctly, the meaning of that is that while they switch to the onboard camera when the air the conversation, in reality it happened maybe a few laps earlier and surely in another part of the track (most likely on the straight). But we are talking a few minutes delay, at most.

Yep. Just enough time for the FIA censor board to do their work :D :p :

Jimmy Magnusson
27th August 2007, 18:56
Yep. Just enough time for the FIA censor board to do their work :D :p :

"Hey, what page in the Ferrari manual was that on?"

;)

Hawkmoon
28th August 2007, 08:14
I think it would be good for all radio communication from all teams to be made available to the fans. As it is now, we only get to hear the likes of Ferrari and McLaren after they've won a race. Listening to Chris Dyer congratulate Kimi or Ron stoking Hamilton's ego is not very interesting.