PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth 4.2 - Sky

Dave B
23rd August 2007, 11:29
Quite possible, without any trace of exaggeration, the best application I've seen since t'internet was a lad. The usual Google Earth, but now you can look up into the sky.

Planets, stars, constellations, galaxies... there's some remarkable detail to be seen.

http://earth.google.com/earth4.html

:up:

Daniel
23rd August 2007, 11:54
But a bit pointless non?

We used Google earth to help a little with planning our holiday but although you can see the stars and so on it's slightly pointless innit? :mark:

edv
23rd August 2007, 14:56
Well, presumably you could now identify the constellations over your head.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but it would be cool if it showed each satellite and the ISS and shuttle...you could impress your friends by predicting flybys. Currently this can be done on some old NASA websites.

Lalo
23rd August 2007, 16:10
Very good aplication for the moments where you have no big things to do. Kind of relaxing (??)

tinchote
23rd August 2007, 16:29
But a bit pointless non?

We used Google earth to help a little with planning our holiday but although you can see the stars and so on it's slightly pointless innit? :mark:

Depends on your point of view. Lots of people love the stars, and have a certain knowledge of them. In any case, I trust Google's commercial vision more than yours ;) :p :

janneppi
23rd August 2007, 16:30
It's not yetreally useful for anything but having fun, but I'll have to try it sometimes. :)

Drew
23rd August 2007, 17:11
But a bit pointless non?

Beats going outside :p :

Mp3 Astra
24th August 2007, 01:10
Just downloaded that extension and it's amazing! I'm going to carry on exploring space like a real astranaught (see what I did there? :p :)