PDA

View Full Version : Massa set for late push

Flat.tyres
22nd August 2007, 12:28
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61661

well, he has a new chassis and is hopeful to close the significant gap to the Macs.

is it just Massa that has a new Chassis and is this a sign from Ferrari that they are using him as a bit of a test pilot or giving hime the edge to challenge? neither probably.

I dont think personally that Ferrari can overcome the advantage that McLaren have but we will see. I expect a bit more wheel banging for the remaining races as they have to make things happen.

555-04Q2
22nd August 2007, 12:34
As he says he enjoys the tracks that are left on the calendar and did exceptionally well last year. Hopefully he can at least give the Mac drivers some stiff competition.

Dont see why Kimi wont be using the new chassis as he is so far behind Lewis that he needs all the help he can get to chase him down. Maybe Ferrari are taking a conservative route with him as the championship comes down to the wire :?:

Flat.tyres
22nd August 2007, 12:50
As he says he enjoys the tracks that are left on the calendar and did exceptionally well last year. Hopefully he can at least give the Mac drivers some stiff competition.

Dont see why Kimi wont be using the new chassis as he is so far behind Lewis that he needs all the help he can get to chase him down. Maybe Ferrari are taking a conservative route with him as the championship comes down to the wire :?:

simulations are all well and good but sometimes a good comparison is what you need so I think youre right.

Ferrari arent a long way behind in the championship so they need to think about how to steal this from under McLarens nose but if McLaren win their appeal, its going to look an uphill battle.

they really need a solid 1-2 to kickstart any surge with preferably one of the McLarens suffering during the race. That could give a whole new complexion to the 2 championships.

ArrowsFA1
22nd August 2007, 13:00
...neither probably.
Probably right ;) As Massa says: "I will have a new chassis, which is not especially significant, as it is normal for us to change chassis after a certain number of races."

With Kimi's comments (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61665) - "I can risk more than my colleagues at McLaren" - it looks like the Ferrari boys are coming out fighting this weekend :s mokin:

Flat.tyres
22nd August 2007, 13:29
Probably right ;) As Massa says: "I will have a new chassis, which is not especially significant, as it is normal for us to change chassis after a certain number of races."

With Kimi's comments (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61665) - "I can risk more than my colleagues at McLaren" - it looks like the Ferrari boys are coming out fighting this weekend :s mokin:

I cant remember a year since the late 80's, where there was so much needle out there and so much in the balance.

I hope the championships are decided by driving but somehow, you just know that controvacy is just around the corner.

555-04Q2
22nd August 2007, 13:42
they really need a solid 1-2 to kickstart any surge with preferably one of the McLarens suffering during the race. That could give a whole new complexion to the 2 championships.

You're right. If they dont beat the Macs this weekend, they can kiss both championships goodbye :wave:

Desperate times start this weekend for Ferrari. Lets hope they have the gloves on tight.

ottostreet
22nd August 2007, 16:52
i personally think we're going to see a period of domination by ferrari, and more specifically raikkonen. there is fighting talk from them this weekend, and it looks like raikkonen is back at his best. mclaren should be worried imo!

Sleeper
22nd August 2007, 17:41
I've said it before but Turky and Spa are definitely Ferrari tracks, we'll know what kind of an end to the title fight we'll have after these two races, though I cant honestly see Massa and/or Kimi closing in too much on the McLarens to be honest.

As for Massa's new chassis, its not a big new development, as soom people seem to think here, its just that monococques have a certain shelf life (about 6-8 races I think) before they build a new one, and Massa's old chassis got to the end of its shelf life.

trumperZ06
22nd August 2007, 18:17
i personally think we're going to see a period of domination by ferrari, and more specifically raikkonen. there is fighting talk from them this weekend, and it looks like raikkonen is back at his best. mclaren should be worried imo!

;) Yep... I think Kimi's gonna put on a show !!!

Kevincal
22nd August 2007, 18:55
Heck, I think Heidfeld may get the better of Massa through the end of the season judging from the recent races... :) I don't think Kimi can win the championship, although he may come close... Lewis and Alonso will be slugging it out to the finish. It should be great. :)

jens
22nd August 2007, 19:52
I think last year's Turkish GP was the second race of the season after Malaysian GP, where FM managed to beat MS fair and square. Some are talking about that safety car that helped FM, but before the SC Massa was already leading by 4+ secs ahead of MS...

That Hungarian Grand Prix has had a harsh impact on Massa's reputation as a driver, but he is a top favourite at Istanbul of course - along with Räikkönen. If only the cars won't brake down...

leopard
23rd August 2007, 03:50
is it just Massa that has a new Chassis and is this a sign from Ferrari that they are using him as a bit of a test pilot or giving hime the edge to challenge? neither probably.

a test pilot or acid test or placebo for the whole project of Ferrari ? :laugh: :)

wmcot
23rd August 2007, 07:01

As sleeper pointed out, it's not a redesigned chassis, just a replacement of his old chassis probably due to wear and tear. It could be an advantage if this one happens to suit his driving style or happens to be easier to setup, etc. but it could also be a disadvantage if the opposites are true.

At the same time, Kimi has stated that Ferrari have a couple of improvements for the car as mid-season development goes on just like every year. We'll have to see if their improvements are better than McLaren's improvements.

Flat.tyres
23rd August 2007, 10:54
As sleeper pointed out, it's not a redesigned chassis, just a replacement of his old chassis probably due to wear and tear. It could be an advantage if this one happens to suit his driving style or happens to be easier to setup, etc. but it could also be a disadvantage if the opposites are true.

At the same time, Kimi has stated that Ferrari have a couple of improvements for the car as mid-season development goes on just like every year. We'll have to see if their improvements are better than McLaren's improvements.

I think its more than just a replacement chassis. dont forget, the original one may have had slightly different characteristics to benefit from the flexible floor. I understand that this one has slight modification to better suit the current set-up.

ioan
23rd August 2007, 12:36
I think its more than just a replacement chassis. dont forget, the original one may have had slightly different characteristics to benefit from the flexible floor. I understand that this one has slight modification to better suit the current set-up.

Link?

Flat.tyres
23rd August 2007, 12:57
Link?

I understand means it is something that I haven't read but have understood through other means so no, I cannot provide a link.

there is also no absolute guarentee that this information is correct but just something being discussed so take it with a pinch of salt.

when I do have factual information such as the FIA letter I posted saying moveable floors were strictly prohibited, then I do post them and you will notice some information I posted well before it hit the news that also turns out to be accurate so make of it what you will. :p :

ioan
23rd August 2007, 13:37
I understand means it is something that I haven't read but have understood through other means so no, I cannot provide a link.

there is also no absolute guarentee that this information is correct but just something being discussed so take it with a pinch of salt.

when I do have factual information such as the FIA letter I posted saying moveable floors were strictly prohibited, then I do post them and you will notice some information I posted well before it hit the news that also turns out to be accurate so make of it what you will. :p :

I was just thinking maybe you know more about some development of the Ferrari chassis. It would have been good news.

Flat.tyres
23rd August 2007, 13:46
I was just thinking maybe you know more about some development of the Ferrari chassis. It would have been good news.

cant help you with that one. not something that I would come across although I expect some sort of announcement in the near future.

try [email:8ehwrpmy]nigel.stepney@ferrari.com[/email:8ehwrpmy] for further information :laugh:

23rd August 2007, 14:05
try [email:xrzpu71r]nigel.stepney@ferrari.com[/email:xrzpu71r] for further information :laugh:

I see you now are promoting illegal and criminal acts. Interesting.

Are you sure your'e not Ron Dennis?

It's just that....you act like him, you sound like him, you have the same moral code....and as far as we know you've never been together.

Valve Bounce
23rd August 2007, 14:09
I thought pushing was banned in F1, or maybe you think the marshals will help Ferrari instead of McLaren this time round? :p :

Flat.tyres
23rd August 2007, 14:35
I see you now are promoting illegal and criminal acts. Interesting.

Are you sure your'e not Ron Dennis?

It's just that....you act like him, you sound like him, you have the same moral code....and as far as we know you've never been together.

I will refrain from rising to the baiting and not mention anything about butt plugs and legal books but must ask what exactly have I promoted as illegal and criminal. :laugh:

anyway, back to the thread as I cant afford too many more points because of your silly games. flame and bait away but dont expect a response

byeeeeeee :p :

23rd August 2007, 14:38
Ferrari arent a long way behind in the championship so they need to think about how to steal this from under McLarens nose but if McLaren win their appeal, its going to look an uphill battle.

The problem that Ferrari have with Massa is that he needs to put 6 excellent drives together.

Felipe is as quick as anyone when everything is great, but has yet to to anything special when things aren't quite ok and has never looked like he could turn in 6 back-to-back mega performances.

Kimi potentially could, but it will certainly need the assistance of a Mclaren disaster to give him a decent chance of closing that gap.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me, given the situation at Mclaren and Ron Dennis's inability to manage his drivers ego's, to see both Mclaren's locked together in a gravel trap before the end of the year.

Which would be nice.

23rd August 2007, 14:52
but must ask what exactly have I promoted as illegal and criminal.

Well, since you ask....

http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/docs/lc305_bills.pdf

Flat.tyres
23rd August 2007, 15:16
Well, since you ask....

http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/docs/lc305_bills.pdf

you really do need to get a life or get laid. either will do :laugh:

now, can we possibly get back to the thread if you've quite finished demonstrating the sort of person you are? for example, your post #22 was actually interesting and worth reading. more of the same?

janneppi
23rd August 2007, 16:08
You two crack me up, you really do. :laugh:

Flat.tyres
23rd August 2007, 16:47
The problem that Ferrari have with Massa is that he needs to put 6 excellent drives together.

Felipe is as quick as anyone when everything is great, but has yet to to anything special when things aren't quite ok and has never looked like he could turn in 6 back-to-back mega performances.

Kimi potentially could, but it will certainly need the assistance of a Mclaren disaster to give him a decent chance of closing that gap.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me, given the situation at Mclaren and Ron Dennis's inability to manage his drivers ego's, to see both Mclaren's locked together in a gravel trap before the end of the year.

Which would be nice.

good points. dont agree with the very last sentence ;) but the rest is pretty spot on, if not likely :laugh:

Dzeidzei
23rd August 2007, 22:34
Which would be nice.

Say no more :)

Valve Bounce
24th August 2007, 02:11

Which would be nice.

:up:

tinchote
24th August 2007, 05:54
I thought pushing was banned in F1, or maybe you think the marshals will help Ferrari instead of McLaren this time round? :p :

Pushing is forbidden. Lifting is not ;) :p :