PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton to win Title in Japan

Valve Bounce
16th August 2007, 03:40
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=32422

Personally, I think Lewis Hamilton is the kick that F1 has badly needed since the death of Senna. He is certainly the most exciting personality to hit F1 since. He gets more press because he is an extraordinary rookie driver. He has beaten Kimi, Massa and Fernando Alonso fair and square on the track. If he is blocked in the pitlane, there are zillions of posts about this. He is rumoured to swear at his boss, and more zillions. He swims with the boss's daughter, and more zillions of posts. He runs off the track and that attracts more posts. Since he has hit the front, forums are getting more posts from more members.

Basically, he can do no wrong, and only the few posters who either hate McLaren/Ron Dennis/Poms get aggravated by the zillions of posts and attention he gets. And most of them grudgingly admit this guy is a phenomenon.

Bernie should be so lucky!! the money is flowing in like never before.

markabilly
16th August 2007, 04:57
Author of that book must be reading my posts...and :beer:

Does anyone with an ounce or more of brains who is paying close attention actually think that RD is gonna let FA snatch away RD's chance for eternal fame and glory by having a british rookie make history..a brit rookie raised for the last ten years by RD :love: and in RD's car????? :rotflmao:

Now FA may think it is something personal and it is, but that personal factor is that FA is recycled from another team, not a brit, not a rookie, not raised by RD

What LH did not get was that RD can not pull the rabbit out of the hat too quickly or too obvious (you know, no team orders predetermining the outcome), hence the delay in the pits, else FA might have already stomped off to another team on a clear breach of contract, taken his points with him to BMW or Ferrari, and proceeded to win the WDC or sabatage the RD shot at the constructor championship (where the real money is) while remaining at bigMAc...

Indeed the dealy of LH may have been intended to make it look like RD was now favoring FA, so later when he does not win the WDC, well you and RD could point to to that and see, no favritism for LH!! Things just got out of hand!!!

So if some massive things happen totally out of control of RD to LH, then FA has a chance; otherwise, FA and the rest of you just need to relax with the kool aid, take another drink, secure in the knowledge FA will NOT be WDC with LH in second place :beer:

Maybe RD needs to do an investigation, cause maybe that guy did a harry potter number and stole the script off of RD's laptop :eek: !!!

Hendersen
16th August 2007, 05:14
Are you talking about the Lewish Hamilton in f1? The overrated idiot that has only managed one fastest lap in like 10 races despite having debatably the best racing package in the grid??? The one that can't win races unless the FIA completely rewrites the rules to screw over other drivers? Nah. Can't be.

Valve Bounce
16th August 2007, 05:33
Does it always get this way when a Pom wins? Especially when the only Yank in F1 got the bullet from Rosso Tosso. :p :

LeonBrooke
16th August 2007, 05:33
Personally I don't see why people love Lewis so much. I don't think he lives up to the love, but people don't care. Obviously he has talent, but I don't think he has as much as people say. I don't think there's any way he'd be in the position he's in without a lot of help, a lot of luck and a bit of unfair favouritism... if Ron treated him the same as Fernando I think Fernando would be about 30 points ahead of everyone else at the top of the table.

Valve Bounce
16th August 2007, 05:35
Author of that book must be reading my posts...and :beer:

Maybe RD needs to do an investigation, cause maybe that guy did a harry potter number and stole the script off of RD's laptop :eek: !!!

Or maybe they stole it from Ferrari's secret X-Files. :p :

leopard
16th August 2007, 05:49
This sounds like over confidently statement made to crown him such early that mathematically he should have won it in Japan where there are still 6 races remaining and he is not racing alone, the strongest challenge would come from his teammate that certainly will not give up that easy whatever the understanding how close relationship between Hamilton and the team. The Ferraris will keep in every occasion giving disturbance without seeing which McLaren it was they will not be squeamish to give any advantage to one of them. No compromise.

Although he is the closest driver to the title, Alonso must have another ace to trump and win the game anyhow. RD wouldn’t make careless decision on the good and worse thing of which diver either Alonso or Hamilton wins the title for the sake of his and McLaren future.

There is no problem on LH winning the title, he deserves of it by its consistency and great deal of number of luckiness factor of him being at McLaren, including his opportunity crushing the McBabies.

wmcot
16th August 2007, 07:20
Does anyone with an ounce or more of brains who is paying close attention actually think that RD is gonna let FA snatch away RD's chance for eternal fame and glory by having a british rookie make history..a brit rookie raised for the last ten years by RD :love: and in RD's car????? :rotflmao:

Ron wouldn't do that, he's got integrity! He said so himself! ;)

Rollo
16th August 2007, 07:20
Does it always get this way when a Pom wins? Especially when the only Yank in F1 got the bullet from Rosso Tosso. :p :

When England or an English person wins anything it's a rare event, but subsquent to this everyone accuses them of cheating. It probably happened when Damon Hill won in 1996, it certainly happened when England won the Rubgy World Cup in 2003 and there's still people bitter that England won the football World Cup in 1966.

I think it's certainly safe to say that at the end of the Brazillian GP we'll know who the World Champion is :D

Valve Bounce
16th August 2007, 07:28
When England or an English person wins anything it's a rare event, but subsquent to this everyone accuses them of cheating. It probably happened when Damon Hill won in 1996, it certainly happened when England won the Rubgy World Cup in 2003 and there's still people bitter that England won the football World Cup in 1966.

:D

Hey!! you forgot the Ashes series a couple of years ago when Collingwood got an OBE for scoring 6 runs :D
Boy!! did Warnie ever remind him of that :p :

Hendersen
16th August 2007, 07:33

I think it's certainly safe to say that at the end of the Brazillian GP we'll know who the World Champion is :D

England never won a WC. They stole one, however. (so did Italy, so they aren't alone). http://www.4rfv.co.uk/industrynews.asp?ID=51603

Hendersen
16th August 2007, 08:08
Ya, shouldn't be talking about Britian and Italy stealing world cups, apparently, despite the fact we are discussing the treament afforded obvious cheaters like Hamilton.

Its BS you let someone take a shot at Germans and anyone else that actually saw the 1966 WC by allowing the comment "there's still people bitter that England won the football World Cup in 1966", yet not the reasons WHY people still call it BS. Stop with the biased moderation.

pino
16th August 2007, 08:13
Ya, shouldn't be talking about Britian and Italy stealing world cups, apparently, despite the fact we are discussing the treament afforded obvious cheaters like Hamilton.

Its BS you let someone take a shot at Germans and anyone else that actually saw the 1966 WC by allowing the comment "there's still people bitter that England won the football World Cup in 1966", yet not the reasons WHY people still call it BS. Stop with the biased moderation.

This is a Formula 1 forum, if you want to talk about Football do it in Chit-Chat forum... back to Hamilton now !

Hendersen
16th August 2007, 08:16
This is Formula 1 forum, if you want to talk about Football do it in Chit-Chat forum... back to Hamilton now !

It would have sufficed to just saythat; however, you deleted my post by choice, which was entirely uncalled for -- unless you have an aversion for the truth.

ArrowsFA1
16th August 2007, 08:27
Are you talking about the Lewish Hamilton in f1? The overrated idiot that has only managed one fastest lap in like 10 races despite having debatably the best racing package in the grid???
:laugh: It's funny that you pick fastest laps, and yet ignore his three wins and 10 podiums from 11 starts. Ho-hum :dozey:

Taking your measure of fastest laps it might be worth bearing the following in mind:

Ayrton Senna has a mere 19 fastest laps from his 161 starts, and yet he is considered to be one of the very fastest drivers of all time. Damon Hill has the same number of fastest laps as Senna. Fernando Alonso "only" has 10, and yet Kimi has 23.

What can it all mean :crazy:

Hendersen
16th August 2007, 08:40
:laugh: It's funny that you pick fastest laps, and yet ignore his three wins and 9 out of 10 podiums. Ho-hum :dozey:

Taking your measure of fastest laps it might be worth bearing the following in mind:

Ayrton Senna has a mere 19 fastest laps from his 161 starts, and yet he is considered to be one of the very fastest drivers of all time. Damon Hill has the same number of fastest laps as Senna. Fernando Alonso "only" has 10, and yet Kimi has 23.

Senna gained his notriety for being fast in qualifying, not by racing. Senna is the fourth most overrated joke in F-1 history, right after Hammy, JV, and Mansell. Even considering that, you'd have to look at the years he was in a top team to compare. Alonso, for instance, has gotten fastest lap about 25-30% of the time he has driven for top teams. Lewis?

markabilly
16th August 2007, 08:51
:laugh: It's funny that you pick fastest laps, and yet ignore his three wins and 10 podiums from 11 starts. Ho-hum :dozey:

It means that RD was half-right when described drivers composing half the field as "useless"--just needed to say "the whole field" and he would be whole right. :up:

(for you herectics and non-believers who think drivers are still important and are refusing to drink your kool aid like good children, just check out the discussion on Honda and the wind tunnel, cuase the answer is blowing in the wind...)

You guys need to stop worrying about LH getting beat by FA--it ain't gonna happen :beer:

Now kimster or massa, that is a car of a different color but they will run out of gas....again.....

ArrowsFA1
16th August 2007, 08:52
Senna is the fourth most overrated joke in F-1 history, right after Hammy, JV, and Mansell.
Well that's the history books re-written in a few key strokes :p Mind you, I'd say you're 25% right ;)

Lewis? Time will tell. Eleven races is far from being a full career. Hamilton's eleven races are, however, an impressive start.

Hendersen
16th August 2007, 09:06
Well that's the history books re-written in a few key strokes :p Mind you, I'd say you're 25% right ;)

Lewis? Time will tell. Eleven races is far from being a full career. Hamilton's eleven races are, however, an impressive start.

So was JV's, but what happened when the uber car was stripped from him? So too will the boy with the silver-chassis stuck up his arrogant ass.

markabilly
16th August 2007, 09:22
So was JV's, but what happened when the uber car was stripped from him? So too will the boy with the silver-chassis stuck up his arrogant ass.

Chill out and drink some kool aid; besides you are so wrong--the car will never fit :s mokin:

But does make me wonder about possible alternatives to wind tunnels...just find someone with certain issues regarding beer andbeans and eggs, load them up...might work better than the old wind tunnel @ honda

ioan
16th August 2007, 09:33

You didn't have access to MS' number of fastest laps? Or wasn't it suited for your point?! :p :

ioan
16th August 2007, 09:36
Back to the thread's subject now.
It is clear that this year's Championship is decided by marketing needs and not by fair play on the track.
Some say we have the most exciting championship, I say we have a marketing exercise by Bernie Eclestone. :down:

ArrowsFA1
16th August 2007, 10:00
You didn't have access to MS' number of fastest laps? Or wasn't it suited for your point?! :p :
No, that particular number did not contribute anything the point I was making at the time. However, as you have raised it, the comparison between Senna's 19 and MS's 76 further emphasises the irrelevance of looking at the number of fastest laps as a measure of comparative ability.

It is clear that this year's Championship is decided by marketing needs and not by fair play on the track.
Some say we have the most exciting championship, I say we have a marketing exercise by Bernie Eclestone.
Assuming you're right (and I don't agree with your opinion) when did fair play end and the marketing exercise begin?

F1MAN2007
16th August 2007, 10:01
Back to the thread's subject now.
Some say we have the most exciting championship, I say we have a marketing exercise by Bernie Eclestone. :down:

:up:

Ranger
16th August 2007, 10:24
I don't particularly like Hamilton but some of the things in this thread are just dumb.

For instance, why is Bernie part of this conversation?

Because:
- He has nothing to do with the FIA.
- He is not a race director.
- He cannot decide an outcome of a race.
- He cannot make a car fast or slow.
- He cannot make a car more or less reliable.
- He cannot make a driver fast or slow.

And for all those above reasons, he cannot decide who wins a championship.

But of course, some would still have you believe otherwise. You'd think that Bernie is driving a McLaren from what some people are saying! :rolleyes:

It's funny what some people say when the shoe is on the other foot!

donKey jote
16th August 2007, 12:01
in a way, a bit like last year, when Ferrari made it's "miraculous" comeback only for them and MS to blow it :D
At least this year there are 4 drivers still in contention :)

ioan
16th August 2007, 12:22
in a way, a bit like last year, when Ferrari made it's "miraculous" comeback only for them and MS to blow it :D
At least this year there are 4 drivers still in contention :)

Sending MS to the end of the grid in Monaco was of great help for them in your opinion?! :p :

ioan
16th August 2007, 12:26
For instance, why is Bernie part of this conversation?

Because:
- He has nothing to do with the FIA.
- He is not a race director.
- He cannot decide an outcome of a race.
- He cannot make a car fast or slow.
- He cannot make a car more or less reliable.
- He cannot make a driver fast or slow.

And for all those above reasons, he cannot decide who wins a championship.

Because he has the most to gain from the Hamilton mania?
Because he is a member of the World Motorsport Council, one of those who decided McLaren are guilty but doesn't have to be penalised? So it seems to me he can influence the outcome of the championship.

Enough for me to involve him in this thread.
You might not like it but that won't change the fact that he is the one who will take the most of the benefit from Hamilton winning the championship.

ioan
16th August 2007, 12:35
No, that particular number did not contribute anything the point I was making at the time. However, as you have raised it, the comparison between Senna's 19 and MS's 76 further emphasises the irrelevance of looking at the number of fastest laps as a measure of comparative ability.

Looking at the numbers of fastest laps from MS and AS and to the number of race wins and WDC titles, there seems to be a very nice correlation! The more fastest laps -> more wins -> more WDC titles.
So where does that irrelevance come from?! :p :

Assuming you're right (and I don't agree with your opinion) when did fair play end and the marketing exercise begin?

You might bet I'm right!
It all started when after several races it became clear that LH can have the measure of FA, even if not convincingly but enough to make it look like he can win the WDC.
From that point on it was clear for both RD and BE that more money will come their way if LH wins the WDC title.
Many more sponsors for McLaren and more comercial rights money for Bernie!

ChrisS
16th August 2007, 12:56
If Hamilton plans to win the title in Japan then he better show up in September when the F1 race takes place not in October

ArrowsFA1
16th August 2007, 13:13
You might not like it but that won't change the fact that he is the one who will take the most of the benefit from Hamilton winning the championship.
There's an element of truth there in that Formula 1 as a whole will benefit from the increased media profile of the sport. After a number of years when the outcome was predictable, and interest flatlined, we now have a situation where there are four drivers and two teams competing for both titles. Given both teams' internal rivalries, as well as the historical and current emnity between them, the media are having a field day with all of this. Nowhere does the saying "no publicity is bad publicity" apply better.

Sadly, there seem to be attempts in certain quarters to devalue and diminish what we're seeing - a great contest between two teams and four drivers.

It all started when after several races...
Words fail me :rolleyes:

ioan
16th August 2007, 14:33
There's an element of truth there in that
Words fail me :rolleyes:

It's not the first nor the last time I suppose! :D

markabilly
16th August 2007, 14:40
Because he has the most to gain from the Hamilton mania?
Because he is a member of the World Motorsport Council, one of those who decided McLaren are guilty but doesn't have to be penalised? So it seems to me he can influence the outcome of the championship.

I am not sure you can say most of the benefit will go to Bernie---there is RD's share as well, and he is in the position to excercise even more control and reap more benefit from LH being the rookie WDC.

Now that RD has raised expectations so high, LH MUST win or RD can not ever go home again to Britain, unless some evil force like Kimster strikes down LH (but if FA does it...well now the angry mob will descend and seize RD, then argue about what to do with him, do we burn him at the stake, draw and quarter, or simply toss him through the big wind tunnel fan)

But if by "benefit" you mean money and only money (which is bernie's measure as to what is good for the sport, as long as he is getting his taste)

then Bernie is:
1) getting all sorts of free advertizing by all this non-sense of documents and pit stalls
2) To keep the non-sense going, Max had to have this appeal move forward
3) fact that LH is a rookie again creates more free advertizing from the media
4) the intra team rivalary creates more nonsense and free ads
5) Bernie TV cable as well as regular tv benefits from more viewers hence higher revenue (for a number of years, when MS dropped out of a race there was a massive drop in the number of viewers of the race, so while MS is gone, there is FA v. LH to replace MS)
6) more people will show up next year and the years after that to see the rookie WDC, so more profit to bernie

Now to have max benefit, one would need a story book script and we have Harry potter, a knight's tale and all sorts of disney feel good movies to borrow from, and we need a tough and rough story book finish at the final race...... we already have the evil villain in the form of FA 2x WDC (just like the villain knight in a Knight's Tale)

And it can not be too obvious....while bernie may have done everything he could behind the scenes to make it possible and keep the show on track, it was up to RD to really set the stage and write the book.......now if those useless drivers do not go and screw it all up, then it will be ha$$y day$ again.... and if something is gonna happen to Maclarenut, it will NOT affect the WDC or bernie will have more than the heads of those responsible :beer:

Flat.tyres
16th August 2007, 14:56
It really does make me chuckle the amount of crap being written :laugh:

results talk, bulls*it takes a walk as they say.

cya :p :

F1MAN2007
16th August 2007, 15:37
I don't particularly like Hamilton but some of the things in this thread are just dumb.

I don't dislike him either. But some of the things in F1 and FIA are done or decided because of him. Among them, the crane SAGA :D (normal incident by FIA!!)

For instance, why is Bernie part of this conversation?!

It is not by hasard he is named :"The Supremo of Formula One" :D

Read a little bit who is the Guy and the reason why he is involved here : http://atlasf1.autosport.com/99/eur/okeefe.html

- He has nothing to do with the FIA. !

But he is a member of the WMC. And Max Molsey is his better half.

"power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

- He is not a race director. !

He is the father of Formule One Family

- He cannot decide an outcome of a race. !

He can decide and influence the out come of "SPY SAGA" and the Big Mac will stay in race even if they may be guilt. Business first.

- He cannot make a car fast or slow. !

That is true.

- He cannot make a car more or less reliable. !

Again you are right. But through regulations, he can influence the limit of horse power of the engine, one tyre supplier for F1, Number of the race (events) each year, circuit track to eject and to introduce, etc

- He cannot make a driver fast or slow. !

But he can influence decisions to favour or penalise a driver. He said that if Mclaren is guilt, one of the sanction will be to lose contsructor's points but not drivers points. But drivers would have scored points using so-called "Ferrari Copy" car even if there is no responsability from the drivers.

And for all those above reasons, he cannot decide who wins a championship. !

If he can influence some decisions, then this affect the whole championship

But of course, some would still have you believe otherwise. You'd think that Bernie is driving a McLaren from what some people are saying!!

He is driving and protecting Mclaren not on circuit track, but on Political and business circuit. :D

It's funny what some people say when the shoe is on the other foot!

Not bad to have funny in life! :D

You might not like it but that won't change the fact that he is the one who will take the most of the benefit from Hamilton winning the championship.!

Absolutely true.

clydekart
16th August 2007, 15:43
Who cares how much more money bernie is going to make-he is an elite ahole and if he is influencing the outcome of races with the help of the FIA, then he is breaking the law and both the FIA and bernie should and will be held acountable.
LH isn't close to the talent of Senna, Prost or even MS.

janneppi
16th August 2007, 16:45
I don't dislike him either. But some of the things in F1 and FIA are done or decided because of him. Among them, the crane SAGA :D (normal incident by FIA!!)

Are you honestly suggesting that Bernie told German marshalls that if Lewis goes off the track near a crane without stalling or breaking the car, he must be put back on the track?

Again you are right. But through regulations, he can influence the limit of horse power of the engine, one tyre supplier for F1, Number of the race (events) each year, circuit track to eject and to introduce, etc
So all of these changes were made just to suit thius particular British rookie driver, what were they and how did they help him if i may ask?

My goodness.

So instead of using his immense power to make the track action more interesting, he's waited 10 years for Lewis to come so he can make more money from sponsors?

F1MAN2007
16th August 2007, 18:25
Are you honestly suggesting that Bernie told German marshalls that if Lewis goes off the track near a crane without stalling or breaking the car, he must be put back on the track?

He didn't talk to the German marshalls face to face. I just said that as one of things happening out there in his favour. For me, the guy who kissed the rear tyre of the crane would have been the first to remove because he was in more dangerous position than Lewis.

So all of these changes were made just to suit thius particular British rookie driver, what were they and how did they help him if i may ask?

Not just to suit the rookie. But the emphasis was to show the influence of one person can have on the whole organisation.

So instead of using his immense power to make the track action more interesting, he's waited 10 years for Lewis to come so he can make more money from sponsors?

RD knows more about the investment in long term.

Who knows about Bernie after more than 30 years in this business? Maybe he didn't know about the rookie. But now the rookie is in the centre of his business, so why not to capitalize on this and earn more as much as possible? :D

truefan72
16th August 2007, 20:58
The "haterade" is gushing down like a waterfall in this thread!!!

Just amazing the amount of animosity that is being levied at a rookie driver with phenominal results. Not since Schumacher have I seens such blatant vitriol towards a driver. With obvious and complete disregard towards the achievements, and results.

Jealousy, hate, pseudi-racism, envy, irrational disdain, re-intepretation of legitimate rules ( the crane situation, which was completely above board and showed that he and the team had more sense and savvy than the rest) revisionist history, and worst of all a shear disregard for the most talented driver F1 has had come in, in a decade.

You don't have to favor him, and he might not be a driver you particulary care for ( I wasn't really a Senna, or MS, or Prost fan) but you can't deny his/their talent, achievements(to date) skill ( as we see it) and drivability.

There is a line that seems to have been crossed with Hamilton from not liking him to sheer hatred. I'll leave it to those of you to figure out what that says about yourselves.

markabilly
16th August 2007, 23:53

Just amazing the amount of animosity that is being levied at a rookie driver with phenominal results. Not since Schumacher have I seens such blatant vitriol towards a driver. With obvious and complete disregard towards the achievements, and results.

Jealousy, hate, pseudi-racism, envy, irrational disdain, re-intepretation of legitimate rules ( the crane situation, which was completely above board and showed that he and the team had more sense and savvy than the rest) revisionist history, and worst of all a shear disregard for the most talented driver F1 has had come in, in a decade.

You don't have to favor him, and he might not be a driver you particulary care for ( I wasn't really a Senna, or MS, or Prost fan) but you can't deny his/their talent, achievements(to date) skill ( as we see it) and drivability.

There is a line that seems to have been crossed with Hamilton from not liking him to sheer hatred. I'll leave it to those of you to figure out what that says about yourselves.
The problem is for me quite simple: Is it the car or is it the driver....and the wind tunnel issues etc, make it clear that it is the car. Just look to Honda and Toyota where testing and development by the driver only demonstrates the slowness of the car, but not the solution nor the problem

The political/personal issues is that too many says it is talent....Others (and myself) might agree if he had started with red bull or worse, and marched through the ranks like FA, MS and the rest, but he did not.

He has been trained from the beginning and has been shown extreme favoritism by RD while RD tries to maintain the false front of equal treatment. And RD is doing that so well, that even LH fails to realize it when he pooped off at the pit stop fiasco.

And when LH extended his hand to FA...well just read the article about the "vacation"...if everyone could not see it before, they must see it now

all you got to do is look---meetings aimed at smoothing out a relationship are NOT advertized in advance by one of the battling parties as it looks like an attempt to force his way (you got to agree with me or else you are the problem and not me, and since I am the one doing the talking, we all know it is you who is the real problem...what a backhand to the face under the pretenxe of peace) and they are on neutral territory, not amaongst the buddies of the favored one such as this yacht thing.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2665063,00.html

So I got little respect for talent, when it ain;t talent that put him there-----so sprew forth your own haterd at those who dare disagree with LH and his alleged talent

Rollo
17th August 2007, 00:29
The political/personal issues is that too many says it is talent....Others (and myself) might agree if he had started with red bull or worse, and marched through the ranks like FA, MS and the rest, but he did not.

He has been trained from the beginning and has been shown extreme favoritism by RD while RD tries to maintain the false front of equal treatment. And RD is doing that so well, that even LH fails to realize it when he pooped off at the pit stop fiasco.

Lewis Hamilton:
2001 - Winter Formula Renault Series - 5th
2002 - Formula Renault - 3rd
2003 - British Formula 3 - 1st
2004 - Euroseries Formula 3 - 5th
2005 - Euroseries Formula 3 - 1st
2006 - GP2 - 1st

Not worked his way through the ranks? Isn't winning lesser series enough?
If Hamliton has been shown "extreme favouritism" by Ron Dennis then it's paying dividends isn't it. Ron Dennis's job is to secure World Championships and Contrsuctors Championships. If Hamilton wins the World Championship then his job is done.

Or are you suggesting that if Lewis Hamiton wins the World Championship that Ron Dennis has failed? If it happens to be merely the car, the he's still done his job.

Timber
17th August 2007, 02:04
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=32422

Personally, I think Lewis Hamilton is the kick that F1 has badly needed since the death of Senna. He is certainly the most exciting personality to hit F1 since. He gets more press because he is an extraordinary rookie driver. He has beaten Kimi, Massa and Fernando Alonso fair and square on the track. If he is blocked in the pitlane, there are zillions of posts about this. He is rumoured to swear at his boss, and more zillions. He swims with the boss's daughter, and more zillions of posts. He runs off the track and that attracts more posts. Since he has hit the front, forums are getting more posts from more members.

Basically, he can do no wrong, and only the few posters who either hate McLaren/Ron Dennis/Poms get aggravated by the zillions of posts and attention he gets. And most of them grudgingly admit this guy is a phenomenon.

Bernie should be so lucky!! the money is flowing in like never before.

he is very good , of course he is not driving a Honda . Please ....

Timber
17th August 2007, 02:07
Are you talking about the Lewish Hamilton in f1? The overrated idiot that has only managed one fastest lap in like 10 races despite having debatably the best racing package in the grid??? The one that can't win races unless the FIA completely rewrites the rules to screw over other drivers? Nah. Can't be.
Very well said ... i could not have said it any better ... but you forgot that he is using Alonso settings , the only time that he did not we know what happen , Silverstone

Valve Bounce
17th August 2007, 02:16
So we can now blame Bernie for:
1. McLaren getting the Ferrari plans,
2. Lewis Hamilton being lifted back onto the track by the crane
3. Bernie has decreed that Lewis Hamilton will win the title this year
4. Bernie has decreed that Ferrari will not win the WCC this year, even if their drivers are to be put back 10 places after quals, disqualified, or simply given pit drive through penalties
5. ................I can't think of anything else at the moment, but I am sure ioan will help me out here.

markabilly
17th August 2007, 02:25
Lewis Hamilton:
2001 - Winter Formula Renault Series - 5th
2002 - Formula Renault - 3rd
2003 - British Formula 3 - 1st
2004 - Euroseries Formula 3 - 5th
2005 - Euroseries Formula 3 - 1st
2006 - GP2 - 1st

Not worked his way through the ranks? Isn't winning lesser series enough?
If Hamliton has been shown "extreme favouritism" by Ron Dennis then it's paying dividends isn't it. Ron Dennis's job is to secure World Championships and Contrsuctors Championships. If Hamilton wins the World Championship then his job is done.

Or are you suggesting that if Lewis Hamiton wins the World Championship that Ron Dennis has failed? If it happens to be merely the car, the he's still done his job.

With the best of cars and equipment all the way through...sponsored by maclaren as the choosen one...5th and 3rds were best he could do?? My o my
Big deal...

Valve Bounce
17th August 2007, 02:31
With the best of cars and equipment all the way through...sponsored by maclaren as the choosen one...5th and 3rds were best he could do?? My o my
Big deal...

You are obviously avoiding the bleeding obvious. It is the progression through teh ranks that McLaren has nurtured Lewis Hamilton, until he won GP2 convincingly last year.

However, I suspect that everyone was surprised at his rapid improvement this year. It took a while to win his first race, but the consistancy of podiums was what I found astonishing. No matter how good a car is, if hte driver is not up to it, he'll not get anywhere.

To say that this guy is not a classy driver is being very blinkerred in my opinion.

Rollo
17th August 2007, 02:59
Are you talking about the Lewish Hamilton in f1? The overrated idiot that has only managed one fastest lap in like 10 races despite having debatably the best racing package in the grid?

I should like to point out at this juncture that Niki Lauda won the 1977 Championship with 0 fastest laps any of the races and had only set the car on pole twice. Hamilton has already scored four pole positions and a fastest lap, so statiscally is actually doing better than the 1977 World Champion - please explain.
Keke Rosberg won the 1982 Championship but only won a single race.

The theory that one needs to be quick in order to win a championship is quite frankly a load of rubbish. Even Fangio himself is quoted as saying that his philosophy was to "win at the slowest possible speed". I reject your theory on the basis of evidence to the contrary.

Ranger
17th August 2007, 07:40
That was a stewards decision. Not Bernie's. What's more, in the end Lewis benifited nothing from it. Common sense, people!

But he is a member of the WMC. And Max Molsey is his better half.

"power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Point? There are many members on that board.

He is the father of Formule One Family

Not a very sustained or well reasoned argument you have there...

He can decide and influence the out come of "SPY SAGA" and the Big Mac will stay in race even if they may be guilt. Business first.
If business was first like you say, wouldn't Bernie have had McLaren completely exhonerated by now? Common sense, people!

None of which favours McLaren or Hamilton. Next you'll be telling me that Bernie had Lewis' F1 entry planned 5 years ago! :rolleyes:

But he can influence decisions to favour or penalise a driver. He said that if Mclaren is guilt, one of the sanction will be to lose contsructor's points but not drivers points. But drivers would have scored points using so-called "Ferrari Copy" car even if there is no responsability from the drivers.
As far as I read, that was his opinion. Obviously he's not allowed to have one of those when he's in a high-ranking position...

If he can influence some decisions, then this affect the whole championship.
Those decisions which he can influence are limited to WMC decisions. Strikingly enough, there is more people on that council than Bernie and Max.

He is driving and protecting Mclaren not on circuit track, but on Political and business circuit. :D .
Now thats a conspiracy and a half. Considering McLaren have had to go to the appeals court, you'd think he wasn't doing a very good job!

This unreasoned hate and scapegoating has just gone too far.

ioan
17th August 2007, 08:44
So we can now blame Bernie for:
1. McLaren getting the Ferrari plans,
2. Lewis Hamilton being lifted back onto the track by the crane
3. Bernie has decreed that Lewis Hamilton will win the title this year
4. Bernie has decreed that Ferrari will not win the WCC this year, even if their drivers are to be put back 10 places after quals, disqualified, or simply given pit drive through penalties
5. ................I can't think of anything else at the moment, but I am sure ioan will help me out here.

Sorry mate I can't help you out there, you're doing better than you could imagine (although some of your theories are a bit far fetched) ! :p :

Flat.tyres
17th August 2007, 10:51
I should like to point out at this juncture that Niki Lauda won the 1977 Championship with 0 fastest laps any of the races and had only set the car on pole twice. Hamilton has already scored four pole positions and a fastest lap, so statiscally is actually doing better than the 1977 World Champion - please explain.
Keke Rosberg won the 1982 Championship but only won a single race.

The theory that one needs to be quick in order to win a championship is quite frankly a load of rubbish. Even Fangio himself is quoted as saying that his philosophy was to "win at the slowest possible speed". I reject your theory on the basis of evidence to the contrary.

fastest laps only show us one thing and that is what the fastest car on a given day was with the drivers in it.

the Ferrari has 8 fastest laps this year and the McLaren 3 which means the McLaren is obviously the fastest package out there as the Ferrari fans are claiming.

Valve Bounce
17th August 2007, 11:30
fastest laps only show us one thing and that is what the fastest car on a given day was with the drivers in it.

I think there is much more than just this. Fast laps are dependent on tyre usage also, and if a driver has the race won, what is the point in running a lap faster than his opponent? Rosberg had a fastest lap of hte race in his first drive, but it meant nothing as he wasn't either trying to conserve his tyres at that stage nor conserve his car for a win.

I think in the last race, Kimi had the fastest lap on his last lap (or near it) but that didn't mean the Ferrari was a faster car than the McLaren on the day, which it wasn't, some may argue.

Flat.tyres
17th August 2007, 11:38
I think there is much more than just this. Fast laps are dependent on tyre usage also, and if a driver has the race won, what is the point in running a lap faster than his opponent? Rosberg had a fastest lap of hte race in his first drive, but it meant nothing as he wasn't either trying to conserve his tyres at that stage nor conserve his car for a win.

I think in the last race, Kimi had the fastest lap on his last lap (or near it) but that didn't mean the Ferrari was a faster car than the McLaren on the day, which it wasn't, some may argue.

quite. they are not the be all and end all of a cars pace but a good identifyer. would it be fair to say that if a car went faster than all the other cars in a race, then he would win? therefore, the faster the ability of the car, the better result you are likely to get in a race otherwise spyker, or dare I say Honda :D would be setting fastest laps with McLaren and Ferrari.

but, in themselves, they are just an indication as most drivers can put in fast laps but it doesn't take into acount tyre wear, driver ability, driver errors, reliability, strategy etc. just the pace that the car performed on the day over 1 lap.

if fastest laps proved otherwise, Ferrari would be 1 and 2 with Lewis in 4th.

F1MAN2007
17th August 2007, 13:40

Give him a spyker or a Honda and see if you can stil saying the same thing. :D

He still has years in front of him, let us wait and see. He has got talent for sure. But the talent is not sufficient to be a complete driver. So far, following all the loads available for him, he has done his job very well.

jens
18th August 2007, 20:22
Funny. When MS and Ferrari were winning, then they were accused of co-operating with FIA. Now when the new star Hamilton is leading, he is said to be unfairly favoured too.

It looks like it's impossible to win in F1 in legal and honest way. :p :

Hendersen
18th August 2007, 22:33
Funny. When MS and Ferrari were winning, then they were accused of co-operating with FIA. Now when the new star Hamilton is leading, he is said to be unfairly favoured too.

By who? British bigots? How was Ferrari in with the FIA with the 1 million dollar fine in the Austrian GP for bringing f- disrepute but not doing the same for Hakkinen and Coulthard? What of the complete bigot british BS of penalziing schumacher for passing during the parade lap, something not even against the rules. What of the tire change rules the completely screwed Ferrari out of being in contention after dominating formula one for years? No accident there. What of schumacher having his points erased for the crashing with JV, yet what happened to Senna for doing the same to Prost?

Ian McC
18th August 2007, 23:05
By who? British bigots?

Bigot
A person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Suggest you go look in the mirror

Hendersen
18th August 2007, 23:14
Bigot

Wah, wah, wah. Go sleep with your sister, like the the rest of the family does.

Ian McC
18th August 2007, 23:25
comment deleted

98 posts, very few are any better than this, why are you still here exactly?

Hendersen
18th August 2007, 23:31
98 posts, very few are any better than this, why are you still here exactly?

Considering your 10,000 posts of pure trash, I'm surprised you are surprised.

ioan
19th August 2007, 00:05
Bigot

When I think I just suggested you the same in another thread! :laugh:

aryan
19th August 2007, 06:14
It really does make me chuckle the amount of crap being written :laugh:

:up: :up:

aryan
19th August 2007, 06:15
Considering your 10,000 posts of pure trash, I'm surprised you are surprised.

It took only 98 posts to be added to my ignore list, that's a near record!

leopard
20th August 2007, 04:13

It's simply because top teams (particularly the winner or championship leader) have its bigger proportion everyone focusing to and that accusation is the result of different point of view being measured for someone's success.
Such accusation like Ferrari cooperated with FIA to maintain the titles and their favoritism on Hamilton is a relative opinion based on hypothesis made from tendency of any progress without an absolute evidence that the accusation is to be correct.

The best thing all teams can do to win the title is do the race at best utmost with the best strategy. Strategy, tactic and so called politic has its side of the honest and dishonesty.

raikk
20th August 2007, 08:51
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

stop ohh please stop think of the children :rolleyes:

don't quit your day job.. :arrows: