PDA

View Full Version : Kenny stepd down from the #78

RaikkonenRules
14th August 2007, 23:36
Kenny Wallace has stepped down as the driver of the #78 Furniture Row Chevy. He still remains with the team however. Scott Wimmer will run Michigan with Sterling Marlin at Bristol.

blakebeatty
15th August 2007, 02:35
Why did this happen? Is it due to his (i assume) decent to hefty contract with Speed Channel? Does he have other options? I would love to see KW doing commentary, not just the inflated post race recap

Jonesi
15th August 2007, 03:05
Probably has to do with 8 DNQs (although 2 were rainouts) in the last 10 races.

RaceFanStan
15th August 2007, 04:11
jayski's says Kenny will stay on as a consultant for the #78 team ..... :s hock: :eek:

Sparky1329
15th August 2007, 04:20
jayski's says Kenny will stay on as a consultant for the #78 team ..... :s hock: :eek:

I think they need a miracle worker more than a consultant. :D

RaikkonenRules
15th August 2007, 11:05
Well they have made more races than BAM Racing, Front Row and Allmendinger so they aren't the worst out there.

dwboogityfan
15th August 2007, 18:55
As glad as I am at Sterling getting to drive at Bristol, I'm sad for Kenny Wallace who has done a great job in such an underfunded team.
I hope Sterling stays well away from this as a full-time ride though. The Furniture Row team will find it difficult to ever make the top 35 and it would be a shame to see him end his career like Ol' DW - struggling just to make races.