PDA

View Full Version : Petty has broken hand

Vez
14th August 2007, 20:45
Here is the article from NASCAR.com

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/08/13/kpetty.broken.hand/index.html

Poor Kyle :( I hope he recovers soon from it.

Who do you think will replace him if he can't race :?:

Jonesi
14th August 2007, 21:47
John Andretti's commited to #49, so best guess Chad McCumbee if he's cleared to run Michigan (he ran Pocono in #45, but that's not high banked). Others, Sterling may or may not be free yet, I'm sure Ken Schrader, Mike Bliss, Chad Chaffin are around. Putting Patrick Carpentier in the car would a popular decision that close to Canada ;-)

dwboogityfan
14th August 2007, 22:18
I'm hoping Ginn has sorted out Sterlings release because I'm sure he'll be in the #45 this weekend if available. Kyle has already said Sterling would have been in the car had he been available during the TNT races.
I hope Kyle gets well soon though.

RaikkonenRules
14th August 2007, 23:53
Sterling will be in the #78 at Bristol so I think he has a release.

blakebeatty
15th August 2007, 02:39
I'm sure that Kyle will suffer through the injury, but I bet that broadcast booth is looking mighty good to him right now!

Jonesi
15th August 2007, 03:14
I'm sure that Kyle will suffer through the injury, but I bet that broadcast booth is looking mighty good to him right now!

You can break your hand on a broadcast booth wall just as easily. ;-)

jslone
15th August 2007, 06:19
Trust me, when it comes to broken bones, the pain doesn't allow you to enjoy much.
Kyle Petty now has 6 to 8 weeks of healing ahead, Kyle could miss several races. :eek:

Now Stan,do you really want me to go there?

Jonesi
15th August 2007, 23:47
Jayski shows it's Chad McCumbee filling in for Kyle this weekend.

geek49203
16th August 2007, 03:02
Jayski shows it's Chad McCumbee filling in for Kyle this weekend.

Gotta wonder how long Chad will run if the car starts getting close to that 35th owners point spot? They're only plus 134 points right now...

Jonesi
16th August 2007, 03:29
Gotta wonder how long Chad will run if the car starts getting close to that 35th owners point spot? They're only plus 134 points right now...

Kyle's expected to be back in the car next week.

RaikkonenRules
16th August 2007, 13:48
Come on Chad's not that bad. He finsihed 25th at Pocono which I'm sure is above the team's average this year.

Jonesi
18th August 2007, 22:42
http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/5962.html
'Petty comes clean about breaking Hand'

I don't think I ever seen such candor from a racer.

“I’ve always been this way, ask my crew,” Petty said. “Why do you think so many people quit working for me? Because I just scream at them all the time. I’m not a choir guy. …I’ve done a lot stupider things. Believe me. I’m 47, so this doesn’t even move the needle on stupid.”

call_me_andrew
19th August 2007, 00:15
Come on Chad's not that bad. He finsihed 25th at Pocono which I'm sure is above the team's average this year.

He also won the June ARCA race at Pocono, and the ARCA race at Nashville last April. I think he's got a lot of potential.

geek49203
19th August 2007, 00:52
http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/5962.html
'Petty comes clean about breaking Hand'

I don't think I ever seen such candor from a racer.

“I’ve always been this way, ask my crew,” Petty said. “Why do you think so many people quit working for me? Because I just scream at them all the time. I’m not a choir guy. …I’ve done a lot stupider things. Believe me. I’m 47, so this doesn’t even move the needle on stupid.”

Perhaps part of the reason that NASCAR car drivers have made lousy owners -- wrong personality type?

Yes, Kyle (like every other driver) can get quite excited and make their point well-known, using colorful language which they hope won't appear in print.

geek49203
19th August 2007, 00:54
I been watching Kyle (and that hand) the past 2 days. I'm sorry, but when I broke my hand, it was in a cast for 2 days. Kyle has a monster-sized cast on that hand. Even if he could manage to drive a car next week, he'd risk very serious injury if he got into a wreck (which would be more likely due to the cast).

Erki
19th August 2007, 10:42
Oh. my.

Just a couple of days ago I also nearly did the same thing. I didn't broke my hand, though. I only had a big time swollen knuckle. :p : It looked great! :D

Mark in Oshawa
22nd August 2007, 08:13
Kyle, hang it up pal. We need you to get on to the TV side and give up beating your hand or head against the wall as a driver. I love the guy for being candid, but I suspect he isnt' half the jerk he tried to portray himself as with his crew.