PDA

View Full Version : Super Aguri car for 2008???

Valve Bounce
11th August 2007, 01:24
Here is an article that suggest Super Aguri will build their own car next year.
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=32410

I fully appreciate that they won't want to inherit this year's Team Honda Mule aka RA107, and the article also suggests that they will move to larger facillities. BUT can they afford the R&D for an entirely new car or will they get a customer car from Honda for next year, presumably the RA108 and then do their own R&D on it?

I must get my spies onto this asap. :p :

Dazz9908
11th August 2007, 03:32
I'll say, It'll be just a 'B' spec of the current Super Aguri car,
Still would be better than this years Honda Bomber. :bomb:
My boy hood billy cart would be faster with my big brother pushing it.

Roamy
11th August 2007, 05:15
If rule changes are what they are supposed to be, then the door will be open for many low budget teams to advance. While F1 will still be advanced keep in mind that Minardi joined Champ Car this year and I think have already won two races. Actually the Barf car would have been better off just running Honda engines and perhaps aguri knows that. ****ing movable floors and 10 thousand wings have to go!!

rohanweb
11th August 2007, 10:48
that new super aguri will be almost couple of seconds faster per lap than Jenson/b.chello's honda's next year.. they are quickly moving on to the midfield.. welldone s.aguri's

Sleeper
11th August 2007, 16:50
I dont think they have the resources to fully develop a car of their own from scratch, I expect they'll either stick with an updated version of theri current car or get an RA108.

I expect they'd rather leave F1 than take an RA107, I would.

jso1985
11th August 2007, 20:55
I heard on the news that they're actually in some financial difficulties righ now so I really don't think they can afford to design and develop a whole new car without turning into the new Lola Master Card team.
So they'll have though year next season, they will to have to choose among getting a crap car(this years Honda), trying to develop an already aging car(the SA07) or trying to build their own car with few resources

Sleeper
12th August 2007, 02:00
I've heard that they are at least going to start next year with an updated version of the current car, after that, who knows?

PSfan
12th August 2007, 02:31
Why do I expect next years Aguri car to be built by them, but still be designed by Honda R&D (Tochigi) or Honda F1 or some kind of joint venture between the two? I expect it to bear a striking resemblence to whatever Honda F1 will be driving next year, but different enough for Aguri to earn constructors points no matter which way the FIA decide to handle the customer cars...

Malbec
12th August 2007, 15:38
I believe the agreement about customer car teams not scoring points has pushed the decision to design and build their own car, after all that has serious consequences for things like sponsorship as well as TV revenue.

The Honda F1 car is designed predominantly by Honda F1 at Brackley with significant Honda Japan support. I believe however that Honda Japan is more directly involved with Super Aguri, and they should help make designing next years car easier.

The one that looks as if its in real trouble for next year is Prodrive. They've had two years notice and they still haven't announced a chassis partner. Super Aguri made it in six months but then they pretty much reestablished Arrows. Prodrive have to do it all from scratch....

cy bais
12th August 2007, 16:56
Is it true that their main sponsor hasn't paid their bills ?

Cy

Malbec
12th August 2007, 17:11
Is it true that their main sponsor hasn't paid their bills ?

Cy

I believe so, though it looks like their recent success has attracted a lot of attention from replacements too.

They need to make it clear they won't be a customer chassis runner next year if they are going to nail a titlesponsor though, and this announcement probably has some role to play within all that.

mirek01
12th August 2007, 19:46
I think in next year it will be something like Red Bull family. There will be 4 Hondas and 2 of them will be named Super Aguri but Aguri Team will develop that car alone.

ArrowsFA1
14th August 2007, 10:31
Aside from the car it looks like the team are on the search for additional funding independent of Honda - Super Aguri are in talks (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61518)with Spanish businessman Alejandro Agag about buying a shareholding in their team, autosport.com has learned.

f1kid1987
14th August 2007, 10:36
i think with the success there having this season they will build they own car and may even go past the works team if they work hard enough next season.

Valve Bounce
14th August 2007, 21:22
i think with the success there having this season they will build they own car and may even go past the works team if they work hard enough next season.

My feeling here is that Team Honda will have a more competitive car next year, and with their resources, they will finally be able to beat the old car that Aguri has.

jens
14th August 2007, 22:28
Whatever their car will be, it's hard to believe that they can keep their form they had especially at the start of this season as a strong midfielder - I think that even Spyker might start challenging them. And however embarrasing Honda has been, nevertheless I also doubt they can keep that big car manufacturer behind themselves endlessly. Even if both Honda and SA use RA108 next year, then A-team will still get more attention, which means more struggle for B-team. Like RBR and STR this year.