PDA

View Full Version : Alonso back to Renault..........

seppefan
7th August 2007, 21:39
With all the chat Flavio is putting out which I expect is much against his friend Bernie's wishes that Flavio is doing his best to get Fernando back. Sensible. Will Renault come up with the cash though. What/where would Santander do/go if Alonso left....Renault will I reckon on a discounted basis as Alonso may have approached them. Interesting.

Robinho
7th August 2007, 21:51
Alonso would rather sit out F1 than go back to a team which has no chance of winning, what would it prove, he's in his prime and needs a car capable of challenging for titles. Renault need to improve drasticaly if they hope to tempt Alonso back, even if he has got itchy feet (which i think may be an exaggeration on the press's part)

Kevincal
8th August 2007, 00:02
Who would have thought McClaren would have been this strong this year after their lackluster year last year? Things change FAST in F1...Renault could easily be back in the thick of things next year.

N. Jones
8th August 2007, 00:23
I think it is highly possible. Plus I think Renault would be competitive again if FA returned.

C'mon - how many of you really believe that McLaren's turn around was due to an unknown Lewis or other factors?

tinchote
8th August 2007, 01:02
I think it is highly possible. Plus I think Renault would be competitive again if FA returned.

C'mon - how many of you really believe that McLaren's turn around was due to an unknown Lewis or other factors?

I certainly think it is not due to FA. McLaren has produced several quick cars in the last few years, with its biggest problem being reliability. Somehow this year they are very reliable, but I really struggle to connect that with any influence from FA.

Valve Bounce
8th August 2007, 01:44
I certainly think it is not due to FA. McLaren has produced several quick cars in the last few years, with its biggest problem being reliability. Somehow this year they are very reliable, but I really struggle to connect that with any influence from FA.

Maybe they got some plans on reliability from a mystery source. :p :

Roamy
8th August 2007, 02:04
I would really love to see FA win the championship - Then return to another team and win it again. I really wouldn't mind seeing FA at Ferrari. Keep those Latino's down south

Valve Bounce
8th August 2007, 02:30
I would really love to see FA win the championship - Then return to another team and win it again. I really wouldn't mind seeing FA at Ferrari. Keep those Latino's down south

This is a very interesting and intrigueing concept. One issue here is whether Kimi would even accept Alonso as "Team Leader" and of course the other issue is that Kimi may actually be the faster driver of the two. So we are talking about a mojor re-shuffle here.

Hendersen
8th August 2007, 02:51

Latinos? ROFL. Did you eat a giant stupid burger for lunch?

markabilly
8th August 2007, 02:58
FA has recognized as having sizeable abilities to set up a car to his liking--something of a rarer and rarer commodity

Kimi has been criticised at McLaren and ferrrari as something of give me the car, tell me where the switches are, and then simply puts his foot down.

Also have to wonder why Kimi's cars have had such bad luck--Mclaren where they constantly came apart and now ferrari where he is having the same mechanical troubles, and if LH and FA (along with MS and massa) are just easier on key components of the car.

But Kimi as number 2? Probably not going to work

Hondo
8th August 2007, 03:01

Still, it's odd how Alonso seems to have brought his reliability with him to McLaren while Kimi seems to have taken his lack of reliability with him to Ferrari. Webber seems to have hydraulic problems where ever he goes. Wonder why that is?

mstillhere
8th August 2007, 03:03

Ferrari secrets, maybe?

Valve Bounce
8th August 2007, 03:06
Still, it's odd how Alonso seems to have brought his reliability with him to McLaren while Kimi seems to have taken his lack of reliability with him to Ferrari. Webber seems to have hydraulic problems where ever he goes. Wonder why that is?

Well, one can hardly blame Webber for hydraulic in the joints. It's not as if the guy is a ruckman for the West Coast Eagles :rolleyes:

leopard
8th August 2007, 03:56
The last but not least, Hamilton seems to harvest reliability FA has brought to McLaren :D

N. Jones
8th August 2007, 04:06

Frankly, McLaren sucked last year and I believe that there were some people from Renault who followed FA to McLaren.

Valve Bounce
8th August 2007, 05:09
Frankly, McLaren sucked last year and I believe that there were some people from Renault who followed FA to McLaren.

Yeah!! his massager :rolleyes:

tinchote
8th August 2007, 05:16

Intriguing as it may be, I think it just happened that way. Ferrari was rock -solid from 01 to 04, but already in 05 and 06 they had several mechanical problems.

By the way, I've always been amazed by the current level of reliability in today's F1. It wasn't like that, even 10 years ago. And it's all more impressive because of the continuous developement the car undergo: it's not that they get a car to be reliable after several months of testing, because after several months there is almost nothing of the original car!

leopard
8th August 2007, 05:22
Would you dare betting McLaren have it at best this season with their former drivers? ;)

Hawkmoon
8th August 2007, 07:34
Alonso's only has three options if he wants a competitive drive next year:

1. McLaren - he'll have to swallow his pride, kiss and make up with Ron and Hamilton and accept that Hamilton won't be his No. 2. Unlikely? Perhaps.

2. BMW - Assuming there is even a spot available, BMW probably won't be championship contenders for a couple of years yet. Heidfeld finished 45 seconds off the leading McLaren and Ferrari in Hungary. They still have a ways to go before they'll be capable of consistently winning races. Would Alonso be content with being in contention for the odd race win but not the championship?

3. Renault - Several questions here. How much of their dip in form is due to the loss of Alonso? How many, if any, bridges did he burn when he left the team? Are the reasons he left the team still there or have they gone? Are Renault even in contention for wins anymore?

The rest of the teams aren't quick enough to even tempt a double world champion like Alonso.

I actually think that he'll either stay with McLaren or take 2008 off. He could sit on the sidelines and watch how each team performs. With a free agent of his calibre out there you can bet that all the teams will factor him into their driver lineup deciscions for 2009.

pits4me
8th August 2007, 08:03
Seeing Alonso was handed Monaco, everything boils down to what happens in the next six races. Especially how McLaren may penalize Lewis in Turkey.
(1) Turkey
(2) Italy
(3) Belgium
(4) Japan
(5) China
(6) Brasil

wmcot
8th August 2007, 09:18

Aren't those new on the McDonald's menu? (The burger, not the Latinos, they've been working there for years!)

wmcot
8th August 2007, 09:21
How about Alonso to NASCAR to partner JPM? You can do whatever you want to your teammate there and the crowd will love it!! :)

F1MAN2007
8th August 2007, 12:22
Aren't those new on the McDonald's menu? (The burger, not the Latinos, they've been working there for years!)

Do you mean Mexican burger or BBQ Burger?! :D

F1MAN2007
8th August 2007, 12:30

Following the sucecess of the Guy From Minardi to Renault and now to Mclaren, I can say there is a little help regarding the reliability from the guy.

He did qualify the Minardi in last years. He won 2 titles with renault (while Ferrari was seen as the fastest car on grid). He left Renault and now they have a poor car. He came to the team which did have a car with reliability problems (while they had a fastest driver on the grid) and now the car looks better and fastest to the grid.

Maybe you dodn't still agree on his capability or input in developing the car, but we can agree at least that he brings lucky where he goes even if the kid want to spoil this.

I wonder who the kid will copy the set up next year :D

janneppi
8th August 2007, 13:05
Following the sucecess of the Guy From Minardi to Renault and now to Mclaren, I can say there is a little help regarding the reliability from the guy.

He did qualify the Minardi in last years.
He won 2 titles with renault (while Ferrari was seen as the fastest car on grid).Ferrari was faster mostly on the second half with Renault faster in the beginning and fading in the end.

He left Renault and now they have a poor car. Due mostly to problems with wind tunnel data which hampered them also in the end of 2006.

He came to the team which did have a car with reliability problems (while they had a fastest driver on the grid) and now the car looks better and fastest to the grid.McLaren began putting more emphasis on developing this years car compared to the last year's car earlier than normal, add to that the engine rev limiter.

Maybe you dodn't still agree on his capability or input in developing the car, but we can agree at least that he brings lucky where he goes even if the kid want to spoil this. That i can agree on. :)

keysersoze
8th August 2007, 14:54

Henderson, I don't think you know our Uncle Ken well enough to understand what he meant.

1. Fousto lives in Tuscon, AZ, ,which is pretty far south.

2. Around the world, Latinos inhabit the tropics.

3. In the past he has stated, many times, that he prefers Latino women.

4. Fernando Alonso drives for McLaren, which is headquartered in the north, a place you will find relatively few Latinos.

5. With their headquarters in Italy, Ferrari is the most-southerly based team.

THEREFORE . . .

If FA goes to Ferrari, he will be more in his natural element--in the south--where the overwhelming majority of Latinos live.

What I'm extrapolating from this is that, from a comfort standpoint, Ken thinks Fernando would be better off in at Ferrari because they are more like him. But he was being silly on purpose.

555-04Q2
8th August 2007, 15:31
Henderson, I don't think you know our Uncle Ken well enough to understand what he meant.

4. Fernando Alonso drives for McLaren, which is headquartered in the north, a place you will find relatively few Latinos.

THEREFORE . . .

If FA goes to Ferrari, he will be more in his natural element--in the south--where the overwhelming majority of Latinos live.

What I'm extrapolating from this is that, from a comfort standpoint, Ken thinks Fernando would be better off in at Ferrari because they are more like him. But he was being silly on purpose.

Strange creature our Fousto is :s hock:

F1MAN2007
8th August 2007, 16:03

THEREFORE . . .

another reason I like this forum!!!! :D

Ian McC
8th August 2007, 17:38
I wonder if it is in Alonsos contract that he is number 1 driver?

F1MAN2007
8th August 2007, 17:59
I wonder if it is in Alonsos contract that he is number 1 driver?

Yes it is. It says that he will be leading the team or team leader. But he didn't know that only this is applicable in contract papers (when it becomes on salary) but not on track.

tinchote
8th August 2007, 19:22
Yes it is. It says that he will be leading the team or team leader. But he didn't know that only this is applicable in contract papers (when it becomes on salary) but not on track.

I thought that McLaren didn't do "those" things? ;) :D

F1MAN2007
8th August 2007, 19:36
I thought that McLaren didn't do "those" things? ;) :D

Do you trust RD? :D

truefan72
8th August 2007, 19:38
Seeing Alonso was handed Monaco, everything boils down to what happens in the next six races. Especially how McLaren may penalize Lewis in Turkey.
(1) Turkey
(2) Italy
(3) Belgium
(4) Japan
(5) China
(6) Brasil

penalize him for what?

The guy is leading the WDC and people here are talking about him needing to cool down, take a back seat, allow alonso the #1 etc. I strongly suspect that if this were anybody but LH, a young black driver, half of these posts and comments wouldn't even exist. Just the vitriol I read here goes way beyond the support of Alonso and into a whole other disturbing undertone.

sorry If I seem to be jumping on you on this post and I am not accusing you of any discriminatory intent, it just seems like LH is being judged on a different standard than the rest of the field. I read comments like RD's Boy, or Hamie boy, or other pseudo racist connotations and just about am fed up of that talk. maybe people need to understand the nexis of some of those statments and realize that they can easily be intepreted as slightly discriminatory. I never crticise drivers based on their origin or heritage and would hope that others could simply argue on merits/demerits rahter than bring in nationality etc.

Back to my original comment. What exactly should the current WDC leader be pepnalized for by his own team?

F1MAN2007
8th August 2007, 19:48
....Back to my original comment. What exactly should the current WDC leader be pepnalized for by his own team?

1) Lewis to his Boss : "Don't ever f***ing do that to me again."

2) Lewis to his Boss : "You can go and f***ing swivel."

Unless this is a communication language inside the team otherwise it was rude to uncle RD. :D

F1MAN2007
8th August 2007, 19:58

By one of the experts and ex team boss of F1 :

"I believe McLaren is giving him a car that's good enough because of what Alonso has brought to the team," (Eddie Jordan)

"So whether he likes to believe it or not, Hamilton has a benefit from Alonso being in the team." (Eddie Jordan)

Hendersen
8th August 2007, 20:17

Ahh, hah. Making more sense.

Latinos "inhabit" Latin America. Heh.

Heh. Kind of like saying you prefer earth-women. Latin america has everything: asians, native americans, africans, caucasians. But I think I get the point. He believes that if he walks into Rome, he might find little Mexico.

You would find many, many more latinos in France than in Italy, actually, since France has very open immigration with its former territories in Latin America. Italy doesn't.

THEREFORE . . .

Umm, actually Super Aguri would geographically be the most south based team.

you ever heard the phrase "garbage in, garbage out"? Some things are better just laughed it, instead of given any kind of serious inquiry.

keysersoze
8th August 2007, 20:25
Serious inquiry? You mean, like, your post? :D

jens
8th August 2007, 20:38
I don't understand, why should BMW be interested in Alonso as they already have two drivers, who might be (and I think they are) as good as the Spaniard. The same goes for Ferrari.

I still can't get over that Toyota option. I'd be really interested to see, what can he do there and can he help the team anyhow :D They can offer Fernando almost anything he wants - lot of money (not the case at Renault) + No.1 driver status (not going to happen at McLaren). They can't give him only one thing - a competitive car. :p : It looks like that unlike Red Bull or Honda, Toyota tries to make their second driver choice as late as possible to keep all the possible options open.

After all, maybe Red Bull signed DC too early? Alonso might find an interesting challenge there to try to help that team closer to the top.

Eki
8th August 2007, 21:21
This is a very interesting and intrigueing concept. One issue here is whether Kimi would even accept Alonso as "Team Leader" and of course the other issue is that Kimi may actually be the faster driver of the two. So we are talking about a mojor re-shuffle here.
Well, Hamilton being faster than Alonso while both driving their first year at McLaren, I wouldn't be surprised if Kimi in his second year at Ferrari was faster than Alonso in his first year at Ferrari. It could be a career suicide for Alonso to be beaten by his team mate twice in a row.

kalasend
8th August 2007, 21:34
IMO the earlier FA leaves McLaren, the better.
Even if FA stops sharing data with LH, it only forces the young man to learn. Who would doubt that LH, with more seasonings, would better FA? And when that day comes, who would doubt that McLaren would focus on LH?

If both LH and FA stays in McLaren, though seems sensible for 2008, FA's career would only go downhill.

RD's decision would be the key. But I seriously doubt RD would let LH go.

rohanweb
8th August 2007, 21:39
penalize him for what?

The guy is leading the WDC and people here are talking about him needing to cool down, take a back seat, allow alonso the #1 etc. I strongly suspect that if this were anybody but LH, a young black driver, half of these posts and comments wouldn't even exist. Just the vitriol I read here goes way beyond the support of Alonso and into a whole other disturbing undertone.

sorry If I seem to be jumping on you on this post and I am not accusing you of any discriminatory intent, it just seems like LH is being judged on a different standard than the rest of the field. I read comments like RD's Boy, or Hamie boy, or other pseudo racist connotations and just about am fed up of that talk. maybe people need to understand the nexis of some of those statments and realize that they can easily be intepreted as slightly discriminatory. I never crticise drivers based on their origin or heritage and would hope that others could simply argue on merits/demerits rahter than bring in nationality etc.

Back to my original comment. What exactly should the current WDC leader be pepnalized for by his own team?

I agree 100% with your reply truefan.. you are right..
there seems many people (even british) are against LH, and may be a bit jealous of why JB is not winning a race! how sad? ... it works the following way, if some british sports personality is non-white,half the population will say 'he is not good'..& as long as you keep winning you have a huge followers but when you lose once you will be criticised & shamed by the british media, if you white then obviously you have so many excuses & 'he was great' appalauds by british media (like Tim Henman)..this is Britain.. give me a break!..I bet Lewis to walkaway with the title this year..

anyhow .. dont know if any of you seen the following news story :
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12433_2645638,00.html
FA was told if he wants to leave at the end of the year he can do so..!!!
well..FA will be a sad loser runningaway from the team because he cant compete on the track with HOT LH... it is indeed sad really!
to FA fans to put up and shut up//
if LH is beating the 2 times world champ a lot in his debut, then expect absolute fireworks from LH next year onwords, because he would have learnt all the tracks a bit more ! comon accept it and move on.

6 races to go, even if FA goes on to win the title this year, LH has given FA a good run for his money..keep up lad.

truefan72
9th August 2007, 00:39
I agree 100% with your reply truefan.. you are right..
there seems many people (even british) are against LH, and may be a bit jealous of why JB is not winning a race! how sad? ... it works the following way, if some british sports personality is non-white,half the population will say 'he is not good'..& as long as you keep winning you have a huge followers but when you lose once you will be criticised & shamed by the british media, if you white then obviously you have so many excuses & 'he was great' appalauds by british media (like Tim Henman)..this is Britain.. give me a break!..I bet Lewis to walkaway with the title this year..

anyhow .. dont know if any of you seen the following news story :
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12433_2645638,00.html
FA was told if he wants to leave at the end of the year he can do so..!!!
well..FA will be a sad loser runningaway from the team because he cant compete on the track with HOT LH... it is indeed sad really!
to FA fans to put up and shut up//
if LH is beating the 2 times world champ a lot in his debut, then expect absolute fireworks from LH next year onwords, because he would have learnt all the tracks a bit more ! comon accept it and move on.

6 races to go, even if FA goes on to win the title this year, LH has given FA a good run for his money..keep up lad.

Thank you, I couldn't hold back anymore :)

Valve Bounce
9th August 2007, 01:41
I don't understand, why should BMW be interested in Alonso as they already have two drivers, who might be (and I think they are) as good as the Spaniard. The same goes for Ferrari.

Alonso is a proven winner, he has won the WDC twice, and he would be a very valuable asset in acquiring sponsors.

Alos, (and I don't know from where) there have been rumours all year that Nick is not happy at BMW and may be looking for another team. This has been circulating from the start of the season, although I'm not sure if there is any truth in it.

tinchote
9th August 2007, 02:36
Regarding Ferrari, I read this:

from F1 Technical (http://www.f1technical.net/news/6704)
Joan Villadelprat, who worked with Alonso when he drove for Minardi, declared to the Spanish newspaper 'Dario AS' that Alonso's option on a Ferrari seat disappeared six years ago. "He had reached a deal to go to Ferrari for five years. Their agreement was final and his agent had even reached a verbal agreement with a handshake. One week later they signed with Briatore and Renault without Todt's consent, guaranteeing that he would never be a driver for Ferrari."

leopard
9th August 2007, 03:55
Thank you, I couldn't hold back anymore :)

I won't :)

So what everyone would suggest to RD and McLaren to keep Alonso's title secured? :D

Hondo
9th August 2007, 04:09
I think McLaren should try to find some middle ground to keep Alonso. I believe he is more than just a "lucky WDC" and has proved that by acheiving it twice against the best at that time. Sure he is high strung, has an ego, and expects to be treated as the star driver. Most of them in that business do. Just look at Ralf. If it is true that he allowed Hamilton to use inaccurate set-up info a couple of times and Hamilton suffered for it, it only serves to prove that the lack of experience does hinder Hamilton and at the very least Hamilton should consider thanking Alonso in the press for his assistance. I doubt Hamilton would have had the success that he has had without Alonso's assistance. On the bias side, Hamilton is just too icky, dripping sugar nice in public. Nobody is that nice. I've been waiting for the facade to drop and so it has. Over the long haul, Alonso will get McLaren there through experience, if they use it. I think Ron ought to set Hamilton out 1 race to remind the young man who runs the team and how certain behaviour on the radio will not be tolerated. I hope Alonso stays.

leopard
9th August 2007, 04:10
likely, There is no smoke without fire.
There must have been clash between Alonso & co and the Ferrari that can't make them working together.

However all possibility still opens, just like we never thought before Kimi would drive Ferrari. The thing will very much depend on which McLaren wins this year? If Alonso wins he could take all his multiple years contract at McLaren, but if Hamilton then Alonso and Ferrari might be on the same boat have that all miseries from McLaren.

tinchote
9th August 2007, 04:49
likely, There is no smoke without fire.
There must have been clash between Alonso & co and the Ferrari that can't make them working together.

However all possibility still opens, just like we never thought before Kimi would drive Ferrari. The thing will very much depend on which McLaren wins this year? If Alonso wins he could take all his multiple years contract at McLaren, but if Hamilton then Alonso and Ferrari might be on the same boat have that all miseries from McLaren.

Could be :)

leopard
9th August 2007, 05:36
I think McLaren should try to find some middle ground to keep Alonso. I believe he is more than just a "lucky WDC" and has proved that by acheiving it twice against the best at that time. Sure he is high strung, has an ego, and expects to be treated as the star driver. Most of them in that business do. Just look at Ralf. If it is true that he allowed Hamilton to use inaccurate set-up info a couple of times and Hamilton suffered for it, it only serves to prove that the lack of experience does hinder Hamilton and at the very least Hamilton should consider thanking Alonso in the press for his assistance. I doubt Hamilton would have had the success that he has had without Alonso's assistance. On the bias side, Hamilton is just too icky, dripping sugar nice in public. Nobody is that nice. I've been waiting for the facade to drop and so it has. Over the long haul, Alonso will get McLaren there through experience, if they use it. I think Ron ought to set Hamilton out 1 race to remind the young man who runs the team and how certain behaviour on the radio will not be tolerated. I hope Alonso stays.
:) This is good seeing more people have opinion that he isn't just a lucky WDC, and on the other hand brings more luckiness to the team at the relevant time he is driving at, that might also coupled with his ability developing a car.

I think Hamilton in this his first year wasn't RD's plan A. When the season get started in Australia Alonso got the favor more than Hamilton and become more obvious when RD owned up applying that controversy strategy couple races thereafter.

The thriller commenced from in a round called Spa where Alonso had to start behind of Massa and having collided each other at the first corner and Hamilton took benefit and leading the whole race, and afterwards his performance unstoppable get rocketing.

Budapest was the worse thing happened throughout his career, i feel that chaotic emphatically being ignored by his junior teammate.
The only thing Alonso can do is obeying the team plan while never switch the fighting spirit off and stop sharing data of race and car with his teammate, although this is too late, Hamilton has already learned a lot of thing.

Kevincal
9th August 2007, 07:40
Here's what should happen... Michael Schumacher should come out of retirement and create his own raceteam and hire Fernando Alonso and they could kick everyone's butt for years. Lewis will be floundering around asking for setups from everyone. :P :D ;)

Just kidding...Lewis is great... ;)

But MS and Alonso are greater... ;)

leopard
9th August 2007, 07:59
greater wouldn't be the second to the great :D :)

Lewis is a fast learner, if we don't want him to win, RD should take it responsible for taking him into F1 :D

F1MAN2007
9th August 2007, 11:06

Originally Posted by http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=0#post0)
from F1 Technical (http://www.f1technical.net/news/6704)
Joan Villadelprat, who worked with Alonso when he drove for Minardi, declared to the Spanish newspaper 'Dario AS' that Alonso's option on a Ferrari seat disappeared six years ago. "He had reached a deal to go to Ferrari for five years. Their agreement was final and his agent had even reached a verbal agreement with a handshake. One week later they signed with Briatore and Renault without Todt's consent, guaranteeing that he would never be a driver for Ferrari."

Following the restructure in Ferrari, This season may be the last year of Jean Todt as the team Boss of Ferrari Racing Team. According to rumours, Ross Brawn (RB) may become the next Boss of the team and under RB all is possible even if JT may still be CEO of ferrari and have a word on how the team is running. I think what they need is a success whoever is driving for them. They will do whatever possible to knock out their main rival : Mclaren. Hiring FA or LH, would be an investment because the guys know already the basic conception of their cars and they can go their with their knoweldge which can help Ferrari in case they fail to solve the problem with the reliability.

But to have a quickest driver doesn't mean you will successed. The obvious example is Ferrari with Kimmi (who is quickest driver on grid). So, there are anothers factors you need to consider which will also the big problem for RD to choose who to show the door.

Flat.tyres
9th August 2007, 11:55
forget about LH being shown the door. it just aint gonna happen people.

why would you take the biggest cash cow and give him to your competitors. why would you take the best race driver and give that advantage to your opposition?

forget about his racing ability for a moment and look at the cash. Lewis Hamilton is set to become the biggest earning sportsman in the world next year. whatever team he drives for will be able to pick and choose sponsors. The Nike's, Vodafones, Shell, Microsoft etc of this world would love a piece of that car and pay big time. If Ron can hang on to both drivers, with this internal battle being waged in the media, he would have a budget to do whatever he wants but given the choice, he would take Lewis as the bigger puller.

Look at all the boards, all the newspapers, all the pubs and its McLaren / Lewis that people are talking about. Ferrari are second string, Honda and Button forgotten, are Toyota really still in F1, Schumacher is dead so long live the new King. even people that haven't a clue about the Prost / Senna era are reminissing about the "good ole days" and getting excited about F1 again.

If you need more evidence, look at the spectacular rise of BMW recently. they have done a great job to be right up there with a strong 3rd but hardly anyone has noticed them compared to the Lewis roadshow. If you were Norbert, or Ron, or Bernie, would you not do everything to keep him at McLaren and maintain this mouth-watering controvacy with Ferrari.

Christ on a bike, this season has it all. white powder, stolen documents, whistle blowing, Massa Vs Alonso, Lewis Vs Alonso, claim and counter claim. OK, not all of it has been on the track but its been entertaining and has got people watching the sport again. Thats what everyone wants.

As for Hammie boy (and no, that is not a Racist Remark but a term of endearment. Dont drag Racism or supposed racist overtones into this sport thank you ((unless its about the Germans ;) ))) what good would it do the sport if he went to Ferrari. he's just P*ss over everyone and dissapear into the sunset. No, better to keep the battle between Ferrari and McLaren going. Chuck Alonso over there with Kimi and get someone over at McLaren that is more proactive and can work through adversity like Button or Nick.

Hondo
9th August 2007, 13:09
Flav, Pat, and Renault are not rookies in this buiness and while previous team drivers are usually spoken of in glowing endorsements and politically correct, polite terms by their former teams, very few are welcome, much less invited, to actually come back to the team.

It says much for Alonso and his talent that Renault would welcome him back with open arms. If Renault hadn't been so wishy-washy about staying in F1, it could be Alonso wouldn't have felt the need to leave in the first place.

F1MAN2007
9th August 2007, 13:32
forget about LH being shown the door. it just aint gonna happen people..

Ron is just very p***ed off with both of them [Alonso and Hamilton].”

why would you take the biggest cash cow and give him to your competitors. why would you take the best race driver and give that advantage to your opposition?..

Because this may be a little bit rude to the boss :

"Don't ever f***ing do that to me again." and "You can go and f***ing swivel."

forget about his racing ability for a moment and look at the cash. Lewis Hamilton is set to become the biggest earning sportsman in the world next year. whatever team he drives for will be able to pick and choose sponsors. The Nike's, Vodafones, Shell, Microsoft etc of this world would love a piece of that car and pay big time. If Ron can hang on to both drivers, with this internal battle being waged in the media, he would have a budget to do whatever he wants but given the choice, he would take Lewis as the bigger puller. ..

Hope the Spy SAGA will be a "joke" at the end :D

Look at all the boards, all the newspapers, all the pubs and its McLaren / Lewis that people are talking about. Ferrari are second string, Honda and Button forgotten, are Toyota really still in F1, Schumacher is dead so long live the new King. even people that haven't a clue about the Prost / Senna era are reminissing about the "good ole days" and getting excited about F1 again...

I agree with this one

If you need more evidence, look at the spectacular rise of BMW recently. they have done a great job to be right up there with a strong 3rd but hardly anyone has noticed them compared to the Lewis roadshow. If you were Norbert, or Ron, or Bernie, would you not do everything to keep him at McLaren and maintain this mouth-watering controvacy with Ferrari...

That why Mclaren will still be clean on the Spy SAGA to maintain the kid with his blood team.

Christ on a bike, this season has it all. white powder, stolen documents, whistle blowing, Massa Vs Alonso, Lewis Vs Alonso, claim and counter claim. OK, not all of it has been on the track but its been entertaining and has got people watching the sport again. Thats what everyone wants...

Still more to come and I enjoyed it as well!!!

As for Hammie boy (and no, that is not a Racist Remark but a term of endearment. Dont drag Racism or supposed racist overtones into this sport thank you ((unless its about the Germans ;) ))) what good would it do the sport if he went to Ferrari. he's just P*ss over everyone and dissapear into the sunset. No, better to keep the battle between Ferrari and McLaren going. Chuck Alonso over there with Kimi and get someone over at McLaren that is more proactive and can work through adversity like Button or Nick.

According to Mansell : "....Button is already dead..."

Already Nick is fighting with Kubica, I wonder what will happen with the arrogant Kid. By the way, all both (Button and Nick) are monkeys so easy to rise above them. :D